What's new

David Miscavige STEROIDS Not a trained auditor - never had auditing-for the weak!

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
This post deserves it's own thread! I will also post on WTF realizations from reading Lawrence Wright's book "GOING CLEAR".

David Miscavige suffers from asthma - we have heard that and enough people who worked next to him have validated it!

What was revealed in LW's book - 'Going Clear' just blew my mind and potentially explains David Miscavige's anger and the WHY HE BEATS (well, we all know that Hubbard's tech can cause this as well) but this may be more of the SCIENCE as to this Dictator's temper: go to page 165 4th paragraph:

"The parents (of David Miscavige explain to David Scott - a Scientologist that will care for David Miscavige while the family was gone) explained that Dave becamse extremely angry when he was suffering an asthma seizure. When these episodes occur, do not touch him! David gets very, very violent and he he beats the hell out of you if you touch him".

"Scott remembers hearing a scream around one o'clock. He jumped up and turned the light. David was leaning on the bed wwith one arm. His face was blue and his eyes rolled back". ...(Scott asked him to come to PT and gave him a locational - and he came out of the attack).

"In the morning, David (Miscavige) remembered nothing of what had happened during the night. He got ready to take a shower. When he took off his pajama top, Scott did a double take. He had never seen a thirteen-year-old boy with
such muscles".

"While David Miscavige was in the shower, Scott took a look at the medication on his nightstand. He remembers seeing two bottles and two inhalers. One of the inhalers was a typical over-the-counter medication but all the others contained STERIODS."

It gets better....

"He (Scott) was told David didn't have a PC folder.
Scott had never heard of a Scientologist without one. Scott worked with Miscavige on some of his coursework and training drills. At times, the teenager struck him as highly intelligent, but robotic, and there were some concepts he couldn't seem to grasp."

..."most basic basic e-meter drills - Miscavige's hand was shaking"

"The boy was suppose to be a qualified auditor but he didn't seem to be trained at all. David admitted he had never audited anyone and that, in fact, he had never been audited himself. "AUDITING IS FOR WEAKLINGS", he said. In any case, he was CLEAR from a past life."

Another WTF moment thanks to Lawrence Wright!

Miscavige later on got trained...then beat up a PC! He then went "CLEAR"??? in this lifetime! Another WTF moment! The guy knows he has a reactive mind but can beat people up? Can I get a WTF?

Last edited:
Re: David Miscavige STEROIDS Not a trained auditor - never had auditing-for the wea

This post deserves it's own thread! I will also post on WTF realizations from reading Lawrence Wright's book "GOING CLEAR".

David Miscavige suffers from asthma - we have heard that and enough people who worked next to him have validated it!

What was revealed in LW's book - 'Going Clear' just blew my mind and potentially explains David Miscavige's anger and the WHY HE BEATS (well, we all know that Hubbard's tech can cause this as well) but this may be more of the SCIENCE as to this Dictator's temper: go to page 165 4th paragraph:

"The parents (of David Miscavige explain to David Scott - a Scientologist that will care for David Miscavige while the family was gone) explained that Dave becamse extremely angry when he was suffering an asthma seizure. When these episodes occur, do not touch him! David gets very, very violent and he he beats the hell out of you if you touch him".

"Scott remembers hearing a scream around one o'clock. He jumped up and turned the light. David was leaning on the bed wwith one arm. His face was blue and his eyes rolled back". ...(Scott asked him to come to PT and gave him a locational - and he came out of the attack).

"In the morning, David (Miscavige) remembered nothing of what had happened during the night. He got ready to take a shower. When he took off his pajama top, Scott did a double take. He had never seen a thirteen-year-old boy with
such muscles".

"While David Miscavige was in the shower, Scott took a look at the medication on his nightstand. He remembers seeing two bottles and two inhalers. One of the inhalers was a typical over-the-counter medication but all the others contained STERIODS."

It gets better....

Scott had never heard of a Scientologist without one. Scott worked with Miscavige on some of his coursework and training drills. At times, the teenager struck him as highly intelligent, but robotic, and there were some concepts he couldn't seem to grasp."

"The boy was suppose to be a qualified auditor but he didn't seem to be trained at all. David admitted he had never audited anyone and that, in fact, he had never been audited himself. "AUDITING IS FOR WEAKLINGS", he said. In any case, he was CLEAR from a past life."

So as a follow up...has anybody audited DM or known anyone esle who audited DM or seen DM attesting to auditing grades?

Re: David Miscavige STEROIDS Not a trained auditor - never had auditing-for the wea

:
:
".....On a side note, many parents are concerned about giving their children "steroids." The inhaled steroids are not the same as anabolic steroids that some athletes take to build muscle. These steroids are anti-inflammatory drugs, the cornerstone of asthma therapy. There are many benefits of using anti-inflammatory asthma inhalers to self-manage asthma......"

http://www.webmd.com/asthma/guide/asthma-control-with-anti-inflammatory-drugs

I wonder if he was seeing barrel chest, which some asthmatics have.

Sindy

Crusader

:
:
".....On a side note, many parents are concerned about giving their children "steroids." The inhaled steroids are not the same as anabolic steroids that some athletes take to build muscle. These steroids are anti-inflammatory drugs, the cornerstone of asthma therapy. There are many benefits of using anti-inflammatory asthma inhalers to self-manage asthma......"

http://www.webmd.com/asthma/guide/asthma-control-with-anti-inflammatory-drugs

I wonder if he was seeing barrel chest, which some asthmatics have.

Very, very true. I have had asthma my whole life and have taken various drugs including inhaled corticosteroids (which are a godsend) and these do not make me angry or violent but I suppose it's possible.

Steroids that WILL save your life and wont make you aggressive:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-life-wont-make-aggressive.html#axzz2Jt7r8Pr8

Personally, I think he's just a prick.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

So as a follow up...has anybody audited DM or known anyone esle who audited DM or seen DM attesting to auditing grades?

This can get real juicy - please post all of his crimes here...oh, that is okay - they already have!! :duh:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Very, very true. I have had asthma my whole life and have taken various drugs including inhaled corticosteroids (which are a godsend) and these do not make me angry or violent but I suppose it's possible.

Steroids that WILL save your life and wont make you aggressive:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-life-wont-make-aggressive.html#axzz2Jt7r8Pr8

Personally, I think he's just a prick.

Same, but I've only ever taken the short term oral corticosteroids for a bad flare, and the inhaled ones chronically (they don't get too much into the blood stream).

It would be nice to know the name of the drugs that DM was on. I'd heard the steroid thing before, and intuitively one who has experience with asthma would think corticosteroids. But as a nurse, a lot of shit isn't adding up here. When I worked in the hospital, there were people who took oral corticosteroids chronically, and some of them went off the deep end. But it was more paranoia and mania type stuff, not episodic violence like what's described with DM. Also, people who take corticosteroids chronically tend to have muscle wasting. The guy in the Wright book said DM was buff. Anabolic steroids make you buff. They also cause people to have violent episodes like what was described.

I guess I think there might be more to it than Davey boy just being a dick. I'm mainly stuck on the muscle thing, because corticosteroids do the EXACT OPPOSITE of a buff physique. But there is no reason for an asthmatic to be on the anabolic steroids.

:confused2:

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron

How did he become an exec in the SO with asthma?

Per policy you cannot be posted in HCO or as an exec in a Class V org. Wouldn't the quals be higher in the SO?

Anonycat

Crusader

Per policy you cannot be posted in HCO or as an exec in a Class V org. Wouldn't the quals be higher in the SO?

Now there is an Asthma and Allergy Rundown - I don't remember it from before - but he needs to go through proper channels to handle that. :coolwink:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron

Now there is an Asthma and Allergy Rundown - I don't remember it from before - but he needs to go through proper channels to handle that. :coolwink:

What sucks is that I've met people who HAVE 'handled' their asthma with this rundown. Don't know if it's the placebo effect or one of the things that Hubbard stumbled upon that worked for some (also knew a bunch of folks it didn't work for)

Me, I started experiencing asthma for the first time while IN the cult and on staff (attacks usually brought on by cold, but I think contributing factors were the huge stress involved in being on staff, the fact I gain weight whenever in contact with the cult... and there was mold in the shower that my landlord painted over).

I doubt his inhalers were the entire 'why', but I HATED using the rescue inhalers. I seriously would amp up and just want to beat the shit out of someone. I've actually tried meth (oooooops:eyeroll:) and although it sucked and was a drug that I figured out was not good for me, it didn't come NEAR to the rage I feel when I use a basic inhaler. I have used them a few times since the cult, just in attacks that I know are THAT bad, and I get a beer or something to calm myself. I KNOW what it's going to do, and I choose to breathe and know I'm going to tweak for a bit. It's bad enough that I had pretty much used them only when I thought it would prevent an ER visit. Biochemistry is a bitch...

renegade

But he STILL has asthma. He shouldn't have been posted until it was handled.

Has anyone been cured of asthma from doing that rundown? Wouldn't that be a big deal almost like a cure for diabetes?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

"The boy was suppose to be a qualified auditor but he didn't seem to be trained at all. David admitted he had never audited anyone and that, in fact, he had never been audited himself."

He did the Academy Levels at Saint Hill in the early 70s, then got booted off the internship for striking a pc in session. None of this is in question. Search ESMB a bit.

He audited ME around 1973 while he was a student auditor. Just flying ruds. He didn't hit me. :)

Paul

Anonycat

Crusader

Has anyone been cured of asthma from doing that rundown? Wouldn't that be a big deal almost like a cure for diabetes?

I love this! Of course scientology is not a replacement for professional care. Yes, if he doesn't have inhalers for emergencies, and relies on scientology, he's screwed.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

I love this! Of course scientology is not a replacement for professional care. Yes, if he doesn't have inhalers for emergencies, and relies on scientology, he's screwed.

And he smokes. Personally, I don't see how he could have survived this long without legitimate medicine.

Hey Davey - Walk the walk, dude! Ditch the inhaler and use the tech!

(that should speed up the final collapse sequence nicely).

Gib

Crusader

Back in the day when I was a clapping seal at the yearly/quarterly events at the org, I always used to wonder what was the OT level of all the Int Management people talking at the events. It was like, oh my god, they must be OT something above OT8, and I would think maybe one day I'll get there, if only I could make enough money. Boy, I'd say to myself, I got to figure out how to make a lot of money. And thus I tried to do that. And then one day I realized I was just working for the church in some belief system.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

I know of an 11 year old child who died from asthma after doing the asthma rundown. :bigcry:

renegade

I used to think that Int mgmt had access to the higher OT levels too! Now most of them get the Hole rd?!

I once talked to Dr. Denk on the phone because my doctor told me I should take medication for a condition. The c/s didn't know if I could still go in session on these meds.
Denk said ANY medication will put you out of pt. So I didn't take them.

So, how could dm get any auditing? An earier post said he was what 13 years old and on steroids. How do you get onto the OT levels like this?

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

such muscles".

It gets better....

Miscavige later on got trained...then beat up a PC! He then went "CLEAR"??? in this lifetime! Another WTF moment! The guy knows he has a reactive mind but can beat people up? Can I get a WTF?

If this is actually from Wright's book, I am astounded that he did not research what steroid medications are and do for asthmatics and took what this idiot Scott said based upon his word alone.

I also can't believe that a locational stopped a severe asthma attack like the one described.

People with Asthma take Corticosteroids of the Glucocorticoids type. This type of steroid DOES NOT build up muscles. It actually has many bad side effects on the bones, the adrenal glands, the blood pressure and blood sugar and cholesterol. It is used medically and requires a prescription and careful medical monitoring.

Corticosteroids, such as Glucocorticoids, which are often used for inflammatory diseases or to control inflammation that effect the lungs, such as Bronchitis, Asthma as well as systemic inflammation in autoimmune diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus and such.

The 'steroids' that build up muscles are called Anabolic steroids. Those are of a different chemical makeup than Glucocorticoids.

Anabolic steroids have serious side effects as well. They are used for specific medical reasons like Bone marrow stimulation, Growth stimulation, Stimulation of appetite and preservation and increase of muscle mass. They require a prescription and medical monitoring. Anabolic steroids have been given to people with chronic wasting conditions such as cancer and AIDS. They are also prescribed for medical conditions related to testosterone deficiencies. That's the legal use.

They are often abused illegally by body builders. This is what this guy Scott is implying Miscavige took. :eyeroll:

Anabolic steroids, technically known as anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS) or colloquially as "steroids", are drugs that mimic the effects of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone in the body. They increase protein synthesis within cells, which results in the buildup of cellular tissue (anabolism), especially in muscles. Anabolic steroids also have androgenic and virilizing properties, including the development and maintenance of masculine characteristics such as the growth of the vocal cords, testicles, and body hair (secondary sexual characteristics). The word anabolic comes from the Greek ἀναβολή anabole, "that which is thrown up, mound", and the word androgenic from the Greek ἀνδρός andros, "of a man" + -γενής -genes, "born".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid

I doubt very much that muscle building steroids of the anabolic-androgenic kind are what Miscavige was prescribed. I believe the steroids were for his Asthma because it is a common prescription

A little education goes a long way:
Steroids:

Taxonomical/functional

Some of the common categories of steroids:

Animal
Insect
Ecdysteroids such as ecdysterone that controls moulting
Vertebrate
Steroid hormones

Sex steroids are a subset of sex hormones that produce sex differences or support reproduction. They include androgens, estrogens, and progestagens.

Corticosteroids include glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids. Glucocorticoids regulate many aspects of metabolism and immune function, whereas mineralocorticoids help maintain blood volume and control renal excretion of electrolytes. Most medical 'steroid' drugs are corticosteroids.

Anabolic steroids are a class of steroids that interact with androgen receptors to increase muscle and bone synthesis. There are natural and synthetic anabolic steroids. In popular language, the word "steroids" usually refers to anabolic steroids.
Cholesterol, which modulates the fluidity of cell membranes and is the principal constituent of the plaques implicated in atherosclerosis.

Plant
Phytosterols
Brassinosteroids (includes several plant hormones)
Fungus
Ergosterols

Last edited: