David Miscavige to cancel Hubbard Policy and Tech

Div6

Crusader
Questions, questions, questions.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination.
Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind.
You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas.
You've just crossed over into... the Twilight Zone.

Imagine, if you will, a story that makes it all resolve in the minds of the Faithful, a story to boggle the mind of any but the True Believer, a story that explains it all, a fanciful story...

Young Davey is called into the presence of He Who Must Not Be Kept Waiting. "I need your body", He intones.

Young Davey begins to disrobe.
"No, no, you idiot! I need the USE of your body! Mine is failing fast and there’s work to be done; Planets to be Cleared, souls to be cracked, people to be punished, oh yes, people to be punished again and again,” says He.
“It shouldn’t take too long.”

Young Davey nods his head numbly and bravely squares his tiny frame.
“You won’t feel a thing, my boy. Now, LOOK INTO MY EYES!”

The blanketing of Young Davey’s body went almost unnoticed. Davey, of course, remained with the body but was relegated to the post of Body Entity at the service of He Who Must Not Be Noticed. Davey’s thoughts and memories were readily available to Him if anyone should dare to question His authenticity. None did.

Davey-The-Body-Entity suffered his servitude in obedient silence and was occasionally allowed control of the body in order to vent his rage and frustrations on those around him. His family, of course, realised that he’d changed and was no longer himself but they were silenced by Him in short order and shunned by the Faithful at large.

Davey had some tenuous grasp on the vague idea that all he really needed to do was procure a new body for his Master and enable a transfer and all would return to normal. The problem seemed to revolve around the fact that he just couldn’t seem to take any of his projects to fruition with the constant interference from He Who Must Be Obeyed.
And, of course, there was THE problem of finding acceptable genetic stock here on this backward Planet. He Who Must Be Satisfied was hard to please.

Davey found that alcohol and drugs could distract Him for a time and cause Him to allow the reins to slip somewhat but, of course, poor Davey was in no shape to do anything effective by the time He was out of the loop.

Some people even seemed to secretly think that Davey's behaviour had become quite erratic since that fateful day but, really, they had no idea.

Davey often indulged in his favourite secret-thought, “You think I’m erratic? Try living in the same body as He Who Must Always Be Right!”

Davey’s other favourite secret-thought was about the look on people’s faces when they finally figured it all out.
Even the Faithful were going to shit themselves!

You're travelling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!

No, stop...it can't be...

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
The only problem with that theory is that if you could pick a body to inhabit who would pick that one?
When the chips are down, resources tight and time is short you do whatever you have to in order to make it go right. :D

It's a fanciful tale, one that is easily rejected... :coolwink:

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think the world will not miss Hubbards "tech" or "policies".
As for Miscavige cancelling Hubbards policies and tech, the new young scientologists will be none the wiser.

Div6

Crusader
When the chips are down, resources tight and time is short you do whatever you have to in order to make it go right. :D

It's a fanciful tale, one that is easily rejected... :coolwink:

Sure. Wouldn't the ability gained side of Nots be necromancy, and the ability to occupy any space at any time?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Necromancy, as in the ability to communicate with the dead?

Cause over life and cause over death are interesting and, to me, related concepts.

I personally quite enjoy communicating with others Beings, even ones who might mistakenly think they are "dead".

As far as occupying any space at any time; I say, yes, someone who was actually being "self" would have that ability. Whether or not the process of NOTs produces that state is another thing.

Div6

Crusader
Necromancy, as in the ability to communicate with the dead?

Cause over life and cause over death are interesting and, to me, related concepts.

I personally quite enjoy communicating with others Beings, even ones who might mistakenly think they are "dead".

As far as occupying any space at any time; I say, yes, someone who was actually being "self" would have that ability. Whether or not the process of NOTs produces that state is another thing.

Necromancy implies some degree of "command intention" over the "dead". It is a step up from the "spiritual medium" ability of communicating with the "dead".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necromancy

Zephyr

Patron with Honors
There's no way DM can overtly replace LRH. No Scio is going to buy into that! None! That being said, DM is very popular with the public - his PR inside the Cof$ is extremely good. But, anything he does will have to be covert as he has been doing all along. As far as changes to the "tech" - ha! He has NO credentials that qualify him for that role. I find these "inside" sources to be less than credible, either that or DM is far dumber than I thought.

So what's the diff? Hubbard had absolutely NO credentials to do what he did either. Thanks Arnie for giving us the clue as to what's happening When DeMon pulls this off it'll probably be great for the FZ because that's the only place anyone will be able to get Hubbardisms. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind gravitating to DeMontology... but then again, I do see those out of their minds following the midget.

Rob

Zephyr

Patron with Honors
... if I do my A to E... and come groveling back.... do I get multiple wives?:eyeroll:

That's funny... but wait...You get to have multiple wives anyway. Go through a SCN marriage one afternoon, have your honeymoon that night, get a SCN Divorce the next day, find another wife...

Twin A

Patron with Honors
Hurray! Maybe DM will get rid of Disconnection policy and I'll get to talk to my sister again. :happydance:

How much "out PR" do you think my Ex Scientology story (with over 20,000 hits) has caused the C of S? I'd say one good thing about the evil cult of Scientology if they let me talk to my sister again!

oh and paid me all my back pay....:whistling:

Or am I being too optimistic? Are the rumored changes for the purpose of gleaning more money out of the public? Altering confessional procedures to make sec checks even more oppressive?

Or for actually making the C of S less of a cult?

I don't have a problem with DM changing Hubbard's policies, and acknowledging Hubbard wasn't right about everything. Sounds like a step in the right direction.:thumbsup:

CHANGE is the right thing.

I'd need to know WHAT changes before I could pass any real judgement on this subject. :goodorbad:

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hurray! Maybe DM will get rid of Disconnection policy and I'll get to talk to my sister again. :happydance:

How much "out PR" do you think my Ex Scientology story (with over 20,000 hits) has caused the C of S? I'd say one good thing about the evil cult of Scientology if they let me talk to my sister again!

oh and paid me all my back pay....:whistling:

Or am I being too optimistic? Are the rumored changes for the purpose of gleaning more money out of the public? Altering confessional procedures to make sec checks even more oppressive?

Or for actually making the C of S less of a cult?

I don't have a problem with DM changing Hubbard's policies, and acknowledging Hubbard wasn't right about everything. Sounds like a step in the right direction.:thumbsup:

CHANGE is the right thing.

I'd need to know WHAT changes before I could pass any real judgement on this subject. :goodorbad:

You think DM is/has changed/changing things for the better?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
A step in the right direction:

Bandit%20Chipper.jpg

Zinj

Twin A

Patron with Honors
"Yet...".....:confused2:
You have faith in the guy after all he's done? I'm quite shocked.

I am offended that you think that I have faith in DM.

I have faith in all the great human beings out there who are protesting Scientology abuses and therefore forcing Scientology mgmt to DO something in response. If you don't want them to change and don't think that they will change, why complain? Just to hate? I'm not a hater.

I want CHANGE for the better. If someone has a rumor that DM is changing something, I say, "Great, what the heck is it?"

What changes is DM making? What exactly, maybe the pressure from the outside is making a difference?

Even Kadafi in Libya changed and renounced terrorism. Who says DM can't change?

I want my sister to talk to me again, I want her to visit our family, I want Sea Org Members to get paid at least minimum wage and get overtime. I want the California Labor laws applied. And if these things financially crash Scientology, so be it. And I believe that they CAN change, or I wouldn't bother even trying to say or do anything about it. DM happens to be the only one who can order changes in policy. And he's going to have to change them, whether he wants to or not.

That happens to be what happens to all cults by the way, they change into something acceptable to society or they die.

So what books, articles and radio interviews have you contributed to to raise public awareness? and protests have you been too? And used your real name for?

I think you are missing the point of my posts. I'm not jumping up and down professing faith for DM. I am pointing out that part of the original post about the fact that Scientology, Inc. is going to acknowledge that some of Hubbard's teachings weren't right and are "out PR" is a good thing. If they are making changes for that reason, then they COULD be right!! What the heck are those changes? That is what I want to know, then the jury will be out whether it's change for the better or not!

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is non sequiter.

Have you read Twin A's story?

If not, I suggest you take the time to do so.

Non sequiter my ass.
I was there....
I read her whole story...have you read what she just wrote? I suggest you do.
I left it alone because she once again gave me the idea she has faith in DM.

Div6

Crusader
Non sequiter my ass.
I was there....
I read her whole story...have you read what she just wrote? I suggest you do.
I left it alone because she once again gave me the idea she has faith in DM.

Of course I read what she just wrote. She wrote "No. Not yet."

You shortened that to "No," and then based on the word "yet" injected a concept of "faith in DM". That does not logically follow from "No. Not yet."

Yet means "at this time". Please explain to me how your statement logically follows.