What's new

David Miscavige's Beatings of Staff - More Information

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
A third ex senior scientology staff member has now gone on the radio (Thursday March 6, 2008) and spoke, amongst other things, about David Miscavige's beatings of top scientology staff members.

Here is a link to this most recent program:

http://www.lermanet.com/audio/jeffhawkins.mp3

It is from the radio program "The Edge" hosted by Tom Smith.

In this program, Jeff Hawkins speaks about times of working with Hubbard and later with David Miscavige. He goes into major human rights abuses carried out through organized scientology especially on the RPF ("Rehabilitation Project Force") and much more.

At about 21 minutes 20 seconds into the interview Jeff goes into an example of how Miscavige intimidates other staff. Starting at 22 minutes 30 seconds into the interview Jeff gives examples of being beaten by Miscavige himself. Starting at about 28 minutes 27 seconds into the interview, Jeff talks of witnessing Miscavige beat Lyman Spurlock, Mike Rinder and Mark Yager - then all top executives.

Starting at about 32 minutes 31 seconds into the interview Jeff explains very well, in my opinion, why so many staff at the international headquarters put up with the abuses and stay. And, why they will lie about there not being such abuses.

Another very important point by Jeff is that the vast majority of staff outside of the int headquarters and perhaps all the celebrities know NOTHING of Miscaviges constant beatings and abuses of staff. They are taught not to listen to such things.

But what is truly needed is to make these people aware of the truth. Only through this will there be any chance of stopping the abuses.

I myself have spoken about Miscavige beating others on a number of occasions. Here are a couple of links:

a) One of the radio programs that I did with Tom Smith:

http://xenutv.wordpress.com/2007/11/09/the-edge/

Starting at about 15 minutes 25 seconds into that interview I say the following about Miscavige:

"....In that exact time period I have seen him at the church's International headquarters. I've seen him take a top WDC member, punch him hard on the mouth. Another one strangled down to the floor. Another one slapped down. Because they wouldn't listen to him and Hubbard. And all this time, Miscavige is saying in court, 'I'm not involved in the running of it, we're all separate corporations' ".

Here is another link to one of many posts I have made about Miscavige beating others when I spoke about being with Anonymous in Boston:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/browse_thread/thread/aa70ea3466c151ef

If you look at the press links in that post, you will see some mention of Miscavige beating others.

Then there is this link:

http://www.lermanet.com/audio/

While that link shows me in a Sea Org Commander's uniform in 1983 when I worked with Miscavige and lists some radio programs I have done, I wanted to direct your attention to the link re a show with Bruce Hines. The link is not working at this minute but should be soon.

That is another show with Tom Smith where Bruce Hines, another top ex staff member, did much of the talking. Like Jeff Hawkins did, Bruce spoke of the human rights abuses on the RPF. He also spoke of David Miscavige physically assaulting him.

So now that is three people all on radio talking of Miscavige's physical abuses. I assure you that this is just the very tip of the iceberg and much more will be coming to public light this year about all this.

Press are being spoken to about this as well book writers and even government officials abroad and even the FBI. Also much more is being done to encourage others to give their examples of the truth so as to expose and hopefully end the abuses.

Stay tuned.....

Larry Brennan

Wisened One

Crusader
Wow, VWD, Larry! :yes:

I'd always wondered if there was any physical abuse going on in the SO/INT/Staff. (Even tho the emotional/mental/spiritual abuse occured in varying degrees and was MUCH worse for all of us, SO or Staff).

I hope MORE of this comes to light!

Wisened One

Muhammad

Patron
Didn't You study Science of Survival

I may be out of line as I have never been in the Sea Org. But didnt anyone in the sea org that dealt with DM and other Sea Org higher ups see that his and their behavior was psychotic and apply scn to their observation of these violent situation and have the personal integraty to see it for what is was and do something about it or apply the code of honor? JUst asking.

As sala'amu alaikum

I may be out of line as I have never been in the Sea Org. But didnt anyone in the sea org that dealt with DM and other Sea Org higher ups see that his and their behavior was psychotic and apply scn to their observation of these violent situation and have the personal integraty to see it for what is was and do something about it or apply the code of honor? JUst asking.

As sala'amu alaikum

Not out of line at all. I was never SO either. Thought the whole idea of people in sailor suits was silly.

Many of those who departed the Co$ in '82 were saying "what the hell is wrong with these people?".

I explained it to myself as the SO higher ups were being corrupted by the hope of "power", the SO echelons and general staff were corrupted by their own fear, and the public were a pack of Sgt. Schulz's (i.e. "I see nothing", aka "black panther mechanism").

They all just hoped it would "go away".

Sad.:bigcry:

Mark A. Baker

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had some confrontations with SO members who tried to peremptorily give me orders. I asked them why they thought they had any authority with me, and told them about the org board, and that they should talk to my division head, I took my "orders" from him. Man, that didn't go over well with them, but I really didn't give a fig. Other SO people were just fine. There was a guy named Stan Booth who was a Flag Rep that I really liked. He seemed like a good guy, even if he was SUPER skinny, smelled like an ashtray most of the time: he knew what hard work was, and I respected that. He put me to work, but he stayed right there and worked with me, and I've never had any problem working for someone who would do the work with me, too. Something I always remembered when I was in "command" in the Army. Good leaders work alongside those they are given command over, or will eventually lose their clout.

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
It is awful that those things happened.

It is also illegal.

I look forward to some assault charges soon. There is no way that DM should be allowed to get away with that.
He is bound by the laws of the land just like anyone else.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

As sala'amu alaikum

well. I was in the SO for 13 years from 1976 though 1989, I used to be a good friend of Guillaume's and I have worked with DM and in all that time no-one ever threatened me or laid hands on me in any way. Now having said that, of course, my size appearance and history would discourage anyone from trying it. I never saw anyone, at any time, physically attack someone.

It seems to me to be pretty much restricted to the Int Base - hardly surprising as that is the cult within the cult of course. I believe that Jeff says something like that in the interview IIRC. The worrying thing is that the more it goes on, the worse it is going to get.

Until someone really does stand up to this odious little runt this sort of thing will continue.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I was hit by another staff member at CC because I did not get her in session (I was in charge of that- staff auditing).

A couple of times I fought with another junior of mine, he used to try to shove me out doors and close them on me, but I would push back. What a jerk he was. I hated having to work with him. He was an ass. he was also a C/S so it seemed he could do whatever he wanted.

I cant recall any other instances.

Though the ex-Captain FSO can be a real bitch too and I could see her doing that too. I dont have any evidence of her doing it. She did not do it to me, though it looked like she had it in her, the one time she was screaming at me. Debbie Cook, I guess is her name.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

I think I know Stan Booth. Did he have a lop-eye?

I had some confrontations with SO members who tried to peremptorily give me orders. I asked them why they thought they had any authority with me, and told them about the org board, and that they should talk to my division head, I took my "orders" from him. Man, that didn't go over well with them, but I really didn't give a fig. Other SO people were just fine. There was a guy named Stan Booth who was a Flag Rep that I really liked. He seemed like a good guy, even if he was SUPER skinny, smelled like an ashtray most of the time: he knew what hard work was, and I respected that. He put me to work, but he stayed right there and worked with me, and I've never had any problem working for someone who would do the work with me, too. Something I always remembered when I was in "command" in the Army. Good leaders work alongside those they are given command over, or will eventually lose their clout.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Is it possible that the three people who experienced and witnessed DM's violent rampages take their case to civil or criminal court? Sounds like a open and shut case to me.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Is it possible that the three people who experienced and witnessed DM's violent rampages take their case to civil or criminal court? Sounds like a open and shut case to me.

Where's the evidence? He said--she said. Except that in this case the "she" will have a dozen witnesses swearing blind it never happened.

Paul

Muhammad

Patron
Cookie Cutter Court Cases against the cos

I agree, and think we should take it a step further and have at least 500 ex scn
file as many law suite that we could. IF we did that we could drain the church of millions just in legal fees.
As sala'amu alaikum

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think I know Stan Booth. Did he have a lop-eye?

That's the one.

My memories of Stan Booth are not so good as gomorrhan's. He used to give us major projects for the day at the 10:30 pm muster, to get done before we went home. Every night. He was a supreme asshole in my books.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
From OCMB http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=302136&sid=67707b3bc509c300ff60691fede4fbe9#302136
--------------------------------------

Thanks to Andreas for expediting my OCMB access. Many of you will have heard my interview on Tom Smith’s “The Edge” radio show, regarding, among other things, violence at the Int Base.

I’ve had a lot of comments about the show, Some old timers, who left the Sea Org many years ago, said that they never experienced physical abuse in the Sea Org. Well, I hadn’t either, up to 2002. I believe this is a fairly recent trend, at least to the degree it is practiced now.

I worked at the Int Base for about 15 years before I encountered DM’s violence. I never knew that DM physically assaulted staff. It’s a well kept secret, even at the Base. It isn’t talked about. It was only when I began to regularly attends meetings with him that I discovered that he does assault staff, and viciously. Over the last few years I was there, it was getting increasingly worse.

I first became aware of this in June 2002. I was called up to the CMO Int Conference room (which is now “The SP Hall”). I had submitted a script a few days prior to this, so I knew that’s what the meeting was about. When I arrived at the conference room, it was packed – there must have been 40 executives there – most of WDC and Exec Strata, as well as key Gold execs. Everyone was crowded around one side of the big conference table, leaving the other side for DM. After the usual half hour or so wait, DM arrived, and he was fuming. He hated the script, and proceeded to mercilessly make fun of it and me. He strutted back and forth, and demanded that I “confess my crimes.” Obviously I was a criminal since I had submitted such a criminal script. And he was obsessed with my facial expression (and I subsequently discovered that he is obsessed with people’s facial expressions when they are in his presence – if you’ve read 1984, it’s what Orwell describes in that book as “facecrime.”) “Look how he looks at me!” he would shout. And the rest of the execs in the room, completely cowed by this, would be telling me to “knock it off,” having no idea, I am sure, what he was talking about.

Suddenly, and without warning, he leapt up on the conference room table and launched himself at me. He slammed me up against a wooden partition and proceeded to hit me in the face. Then he threw me to the floor. I was in complete shock. I ended up laying on the floor with my legs entangled in his. “Let go of my legs!” he screamed. I did. Then he walked out of the room.

I was shaking, my shirt was torn, and my face stinging. An exec near me said “Get up, get up – don’t make him WRONG.” Imagine that. I’ve just been assaulted by the Chairman of the Board RTC, the head of Scientology, and all they can think of is to “not make him wrong.”

Needless to say, I was the Ethics target – of course. I was put on the decks. And of course, I never spoke about this to the general staff. My wife asked me why my face was scratched and bruised, and I said I had fallen down. At this point, I was 56 years old.

Over the next few years, the assaults continued. He assaulted me and others. Once he violently and repeatedly slapped me on the side of the head, until my ears were ringing, then proceeded to hit Mike Rinder and then throw Marc Yager to the ground. I once saw him attack Lyman Spurlock, and older man many years his senior. I saw him throw Mike Rinder off a chair onto the ground (And good on you, Mike, for leaving).

Once when I was up in the “RTC Building” (Building 50), taking a tour of the place with other execs, DM was passing me as he left one of the rooms and suddenly, without warning, rabbit-punched me in the stomach. He then said “I can smell Black PR a mile away,” and walked off. I tried to reply but I literally could not speak of breathe for a few seconds.

Another time, he hit me several times in the face and actually drew blood. He signaled to his assistant, Laurisse (“Lou”) Stuckenbrock, and she produced a vial of mercurochrome from her purse and proceeded to dab it on my face. Like, this was business as usual. He said to me at the time, “You know why I beat you up?” I said “No, Sir.” He said “To show you who’s boss.” He literally said this.

Another time he was talking to myself and Rick Cruzen, and he said, “Look at him (meaning me - he loves to talk about people as if they are not there). He’d like to take a swing at me. And you know what? I hope he does. Because then I could REALLY unload on him.” Exact quote.

Of course, other staff picked up on this and the worst of them began imitating DM and beating up their own staff and juniors. Henning Bendorff, the “Art Director Gold” was one of the worst. His standard way of greeting me was to come up behind me and violently shove my face into my computer keyboard. Once he threw me off a chair and I ended up bleeding from the nose. What a stellar example of a “Scientologist.”

DM never hit women, to my knowledge. But he would goad women execs into hitting women staff. The most willing of these was Lisa Allen (Schroer), who has been on-and-off CO Gold for a number of years. She’s arrogant and vicious – the perfect DM tool. She once slapped my wife at the time hard in the face. This was the type of person DM promoted and lauded – those willing to follow his lead in the abuse of staff. Janet Light (McLaughlin), ED of the IAS, also began hitting staff, following DM’s example.

In the last year I was there, the violence at the Base was escalating, due to DM’s example and pressure on execs to imitate that example. When I was finally marked for “offload from the Sea Org” I not only didn’t fight it, but looked forward to it. I had worked for 30 years to create what I conceived to be “a Scientology World.” In my mind, that was a place of communication, love and tolerance. But when I finally saw the reality of a “Scientology World” at the Int Base, I realized it was an abusive prison. And that IS what the world would be like if organized Scientology ever got a foothold – lockstep compliance to authority, and abuse and imprisonment for anyone who questions that authority.

Some have asked, “why do people put up with this?” Well, I’ll tell you. First, there are always dozens of staff and executives around – any one of them would intervene if you tried anything – to curry favor with DM. Secondly, any attempt to fight back would mean instant offload. Instant. And you can say “that’s a good thing,” and it is, from our viewpoint on the outside. But if you’re a dedicated Scientologist, that means losing everything – your group, your friends, your spouse or children, not to mention what you conceive to be “your eternal salvation.” I touched on this in the radio interview.

DM is your typical bully – a coward who only fights those who cannot fight back.

All this is a bit long and rambling, but I hope it gives you some insight into the violence. More to come on many other subjects.

Jeff

OHTEEATE

Front lines

Jeff is on the front lines, using his own name, telling his story to warn others of danger. This is exactly what LRH warned against. Scientology in the wrong hands. It is time for DM to GO! Mike Henderson

Terril park

Sponsor
Jeff is on the front lines, using his own name, telling his story to warn others of danger. This is exactly what LRH warned against. Scientology in the wrong hands. It is time for DM to GO! Mike Henderson

One of the warnings.

======
PRINCIPLES OF SCIENTOLOGY

The fate of any piece of knowledge man has ever been able to learn about himself, his society or this universe has [been to] sooner or later become subservient to some special interest with a curve on it to make more slaves. And this is one time when as long as I’ve got words in my mouth and breath in my thetan - this is one time that curve isn’t going to happen. And that’s all I want your help in. We want to make sure that what we know never comes to serve some special interest for the subjugation of man.

All Dianetics and Scientology attempts to do is to undo the magic spell which has made people less than they want to be. And to do that it requires that some truth be known. And that the central and principal truths of man be know, merely as truths - not as pitches and curves to serve some different reason or purpose. And that information is its own best protector. If it is itself, if it is what is known, if it is what has been learned, then it undoes its own spells. And the only possible excuse we have for training anybody, for processing anybody is that Dianetics and Scientology will undo Dianetics and Scientology. And that’s the first time known in the history of man that a subject, if it ever curved down, could also go up - that a subject undid itself. And that would be true knowledge.

We must never let what we know get into a state whereby it itself is a tremendous numbers of 'now-I’m-supposed-tos.'

L.Ron Hubbard, c59118c, Final Lecture

Colleen K. Peltomaa

That's the one.

My memories of Stan Booth are not so good as gomorrhan's. He used to give us major projects for the day at the 10:30 pm muster, to get done before we went home. Every night. He was a supreme asshole in my books.

When I was in SO he and another fella wanted to send me to the Ranch to take care of children there. I said no.

Stan always seemed somewhat blase to me. There was one time I yelled at him because he was not doing anything about the fumes in the ASHO basement where the volunteers were re-lettering the PC folders. I think we finally got some more fans in there.