What's new

Death of Johnny Lewis, actor

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
This is probably as good a place as any to gather together a few more names. The victims are not only those who died but all these young people born into a cult which neglected them and denied their needs, and to parents who did what they were told.

Jeremy Perkins of New York state, who killed his mother Elli stabbing her 77 times. He is in long-term psychiatric custody and his surviving family have disconnected from him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elli_Perkins

Linda Walicki of Revesby, a suburb of Sydney, New South Wales, an untreated psychotic aged 25, killed her father aged 53 and her brother aged 15, and then attempted to kill her mother (Sydney Morning Herald, 7 July 2007).
http://exscn.net/content/view/166/109/

Willem van Rompay shot and killed 23 year old Katrijn Borré, a former girl-friend who didn't want to see him any more. His father Boud (or Boudewijn) van Rompay is a prominent Belgian Scientologist. The family had spent $40,000 on worthless Hubbardian processes. His father advised him to commit suicide.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?28604-Willem-Van-Rompay-killed-a-Belgian-girl-in-2003

Gary Beals (32) of Utah attacked his father, Arthur Beals, and his mother, Lawana, with a knife, and then shot his father with a handgun. Gary was a Scientologist. The CoS had talked him out of seeking psychiatric help while bleeding his bank account dry. He blamed them for his crime (Salt Lake Tribune, Utah, 15 March 1989).

Scientology has an abysmal record in the field of mental health, right back to the 1950s.

BunnySkull

There is nothing at all in these comments to suggest she had any links with Scientology. She apparently helped people.

A friend of a friend actually rented a room from this lady years ago when he moved to LA and said she was absolutely a fantastic woman - a real mom/ friend type to all the younger people she rented rooms too. She has a very nice home, didn't need to rent out rooms, but enjoyed being around young artist types and knew all too well many of them needed a stable adult in their lives to guide and care about them. This friend of a friend moved out of his room there years ago but they still stayed in contact, he considered her a very good friend and an absolutely wonderful person.

I'm sure she probably let Johnny stay there because it was obvious he was in trouble and needed help - unfortunately for her kind heart led to her demise and that makes me feel sick to my stomach. Nothing that I hate more than people trying to be truly kind and good and then having a terrible tragedy visited upon them due to it. I fear it will lead to less and less kind and good hearted people taking a risk to help others.

This whole situation is just so so awful. My sympathy first and foremost lies with Catherine and Jessie (the cat). I think what happened to her is a direct result of the cult's prohibition on mentally ill members getting the real professional help they need - and making it even worse by subjecting them to their careless, damaging theories on the mind and how to handle it.

Extreme psychotic episodes can be prevented with the right medication and can keep people stable - or at least from going so far off the deep end they kill and maim others. But we know Johnny would have been brainwashed into never taking any type of "psych drugs." Not having any proper treatment probably led him to the path of self-medicating with illegal drugs, which is really common among the mentally ill. I'm sure any professionally help the courts would have mandated would not have done much good considering how deeply indoctrinated Lewis was against it - also he could have feared going along with any of the treatments or drug therapies would keep him off the "bridge to total freedom."

The fact that Lewis' lawyer said he dropped him as a client due to him twice taking a jail term rather than the treatment option that was offered really made me sick. He was so indoctrinated he was choosing jail over mental health treatment! I did read the court did order him into a drug treatment program at one point, but with his mindset I doubt it would have done him any good. In fact, I think illegal drugs were a secondary issue his real problem was suffering from severe mental illness. He was having psychotic episodes and from everything I've read I would bet he would have been given a diagnosis of schizophrenia had he ever received proper psychiatric care.

What's It All About

Patron with Honors
Another Scientologist dies from failure to take anti-psychotic meds

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/28/johnny-lewis-scientology-narconon-drug-abuse/

His father Michael Lewis and wrote a screenplay about the "discovery" of Dianetics. Miachael is a higher-up in the organization. I'm sure they'll blame Johnny's lack of attendance to Scientology for his demise.

In fairness, many people who stop taking anti-psychotice meds because they feel so much better on them that they conclude that they don't have a problem any more go through this type of pattern.

And Johnny Lewis had a double problem with drugs, both failing to take the prescribed ones and taking drugs for recreation.

That has nothing to do with Scientology. And he was a "lapsed"Scientologist, evidently. But I'm sure that the public relations team will say that this is what happens when you turn your back on Scientology and Narconon.

Regardless, it's a horrible chain of events.

Sindy

Crusader
There is nothing at all in these comments to suggest she had any links with Scientology. She apparently helped people.

I didn't say she was linked to Scientology. I was suggesting people read the comments so that they would see her as more than just the "old lady landlady" that most of the media outlets were carelessly portraying her as. That's all.

BunnySkull

Re: Another Scientologist dies from failure to take anti-psychotic meds

There are a few threads on this now, but I will take something relevant to this OP that I just wrote in one of the other threads...

This whole situation is just so so awful. My sympathy first and foremost lies with Catherine and Jessie (the cat). I think what happened to her is a direct result of the cult's prohibition on mentally ill members getting the real professional help they need - and making it even worse by subjecting them to their careless, damaging theories on the mind and how to handle it.

Extreme psychotic episodes can be prevented with the right medication and can keep people stable - or at least from going so far off the deep end they kill and maim others. But we know Johnny would have been brainwashed into never taking any type of "psych drugs." Not having any proper treatment probably led him to the path of self-medicating with illegal drugs, which is really common among the mentally ill. I'm sure any professionally help the courts would have mandated would not have done much good considering how deeply indoctrinated Lewis was against it - also he could have feared going along with any of the treatments or drug therapies would keep him off the "bridge to total freedom."

The fact that Lewis' lawyer said he dropped him as a client due to him twice taking a jail term rather than the treatment option that was offered really made me sick. He was so indoctrinated he was choosing jail over mental health treatment! I did read the court did order him into a drug treatment program at one point, but with his mindset I doubt it would have done him any good. In fact, I think illegal drugs were a secondary issue his real problem was suffering from severe mental illness. He was having psychotic episodes and from everything I've read I would bet he would have been given a diagnosis of schizophrenia had he ever received proper psychiatric care.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
And here we go......

TMZ dishes the entheta on Johnny Lewis's death.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/28/sons-of-anarchy-actor-johnny-lewis-kenny-johnson/

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/28/johnny-lewis-murder-drugs-co-occurring-disorder-sons-of-anarchy/

I am pleasantly surprised that TMZ is willing to tackle the Co$ ties in this story, because they seemed to be handling the recent Tom Cruise flaps with kid gloves. They didn't touch the wife auditions at all, and were very gentle with the Co$ issue in the Suri custody battle. I started thinking that they had backed off Scientology (a couple of years ago, they were one of the less gunshy rags - maybe Harvey's courtroom skills are rusty or something.....). But they did a good job here - got some nice screen shots from clam sites before the shooping got started.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
A friend of a friend actually rented a room from this lady years ago when he moved to LA and said she was absolutely a fantastic woman - a real mom/ friend type to all the younger people she rented rooms too. She has a very nice home, didn't need to rent out rooms, but enjoyed being around young artist types and knew all too well many of them needed a stable adult in their lives to guide and care about them. This friend of a friend moved out of his room there years ago but they still stayed in contact, he considered her a very good friend and an absolutely wonderful person.

I'm sure she probably let Johnny stay there because it was obvious he was in trouble and needed help - unfortunately for her kind heart led to her demise and that makes me feel sick to my stomach. Nothing that I hate more than people trying to be truly kind and good and then having a terrible tragedy visited upon them due to it. I fear it will lead to less and less kind and good hearted people taking a risk to help others.

Thank you so much for posting this.

TMZ has more

Johnny Lewis
Drugs Triggered
Psychotic Break

Johnny Lewis was a good guy whose life changed forever earlier this year -- after a very bad experience with drugs ... sources close to Lewis' family tell TMZ.

We're told the "Sons of Anarchy" star was "mentally healthy" -- until an episode early this year, when he dabbled with an undisclosed drug. Our sources say the incident triggered a "psychotic break" and he never recovered from it.

Family sources tell us ... after the episode Johnny changed dramatically -- he became mentally unstable and began to "self-medicate" to deal with the problem.[..]
http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/28/johnn...ccurring-disorder-sons-of-anarchy/3/#c5811876

But there is more

The following comments claiming to be from family members has me real skeptical, especially coming from a family of all Scientologists who adhere to Scientology practices of being antagonistic to the mental health industry and psychiatrists in particular:

"As for the nature of the mental disorder -- family sources say they were never able to get Johnny stable enough to get a clear diagnosis.

As for the landlady's murder -- they do not believe it was triggered by a drug-fueled rage. We're told doctors had given Johnny medicine to stabilize his condition and when he was taking it he seemed fine, but when he got out of jail 6 days before the murder, they believe he stopped taking his meds and became extremely unstable and violent.
"

A scientologist would blame the incident as caused by the meds, and then sue the doctor and manufacturer.

Makes one wonder which family member said this.

Yes, while there are drugs that even if taken once can cause severe mental and physical damage, what lwad up to him going back to drugs? What was going on with Johnny that Scientology could not help? Mental illness. The hated, ignored and scorned mental Illness.

Scientology and his parent's and Lewis' adherence to this Scientology propaganda helped make a monster out of Lewis.

Sindy

Crusader
Thank you so much for posting this.

TMZ has more

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/28/johnn...ccurring-disorder-sons-of-anarchy/3/#c5811876

But there is more

The following comments claiming to be from family members has me real skeptical, especially coming from a family of all Scientologists who adhere to Scientology practices of being antagonistic to the mental health industry and psychiatrists in particular:

"As for the nature of the mental disorder -- family sources say they were never able to get Johnny stable enough to get a clear diagnosis.

As for the landlady's murder -- they do not believe it was triggered by a drug-fueled rage. We're told doctors had given Johnny medicine to stabilize his condition and when he was taking it he seemed fine, but when he got out of jail 6 days before the murder, they believe he stopped taking his meds and became extremely unstable and violent.
"

A scientologist would blame the incident as caused by the meds, and then sue the doctor and manufacturer.

Makes one wonder which family member said this.

Yes, while there are drugs that even if taken once can cause severe mental and physical damage, what lwad up to him going back to drugs? What was going on with Johnny that Scientology could not help? Mental illness. The hated, ignored and scorned mental Illness.

Scientology and his parent's and Lewis' adherence to this Scientology propaganda helped make a monster out of Lewis.

Katy Perry supposedly didn't think he was too stable way back when:
'A source close to Perry, who dated Johnny from 2005 to 2006, told US Weekly that she and Lewis had “good times,” but added that the actor was “trouble” and that Katy “had to separate from him . . . to get ahead and focus on her career.”

“It’s really sad. She could never help him and couldn’t [let herself] go in that direction,” the source said, adding that Katy’s songs “The One that Got Away” and “Circle the Drain” are partly about Lewis.'

They're trying to spin it like he was perfectly healthy until last year when he took this drug that caused a psychotic break? I don't think so. :no:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/09/katy-perry-devastated-by-johnny-lewis-death/

Last edited:

secretiveoldfag

I didn't say she was linked to Scientology. I was suggesting people read the comments so that they would see her as more than just the "old lady landlady" that most of the media outlets were carelessly portraying her as. That's all.

That's right! We agree totally. I posted this before Bunnyskull came up with confirmation.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Johnny Lewis Beat, Dismembered CAT
0927-cat-land-lady-10.jpg

Oh, now I hate the fucker - and the scno tech/co$ that spawned him.

May they all fucking rot in burning hell.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

His father Michael Lewis and wrote a screenplay about the "discovery" of Dianetics. Miachael is a higher-up in the organization. I'm sure they'll blame Johnny's lack of attendance to Scientology for his demise.

In fairness, many people who stop taking anti-psychotice meds because they feel so much better on them that they conclude that they don't have a problem any more go through this type of pattern.

And Johnny Lewis had a double problem with drugs, both failing to take the prescribed ones and taking drugs for recreation.

That has nothing to do with Scientology. And he was a "lapsed"Scientologist, evidently. But I'm sure that the public relations team will say that this is what happens when you turn your back on Scientology and Narconon.

Regardless, it's a horrible chain of events.

Scientology is the WHY - when both of his parents are true believer's :omg: - and way up the food chain - than why did'nt Scientology help this kid? Who does Scientology really help and that help lasts? Always an excuse...Souper Power, the L's, get up the Bridge - go Oatee - get trained ad naseum!

He turned to drugs! Because Scientology is the WHY people go crazy! It is batshit nuts and one is playing Russian roulette with their minds when messing around with Scientology - it is a total mind fuck!:yes:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

OSOD ! Back in the day, I knew both the parents.

Like everyone else, I heard of this horror on the news.

I had NO idea this was their son !

OMG !

So many lives so damaged - and lost - by this.

No doubt the firm stance of scientology against proper mental health care has yet again brought horror - and death - to yet more people.

Yes, scientology IS the suppression it rails against !

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Re: Johnny Lewis, murderer, cat killer: DEEP Scientology Ties

We live in a world of too much information all at once. It's easy to overlook things. Sometimes I get brain overload and do a data dump to make room for new info and then forgot that the old info was out there.

secretiveoldfag

I don't think we know this. It will be some weeks before the toxicology report is available.

As of Thursday afternoon, police had yet to confirm whether drugs or alcohol played a part in Wednesday's tragedy. L.A. County Assistant Coroner Ed Winter told E! News, however, that an autopsy is scheduled for later in the day Thursday. Those results should be ready in about two weeks. The LAPD and coroner announced Thursday late afternoon that Catherine Davis, the home owner Lewis is suspected of killing, died of "blunt-force trauma and manual strangulation."

There is more evidence IMO for schizophrenia.

Last edited:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

I don't think we know this. It will be some weeks before the toxicology report is available.

There is more evidence IMO for schizophrenia.

I do think it is not only known but well known.

Gosh, I wonder why so many people mentioned his problem with drugs and - if I'm not mistaken - he was given the option of rehab or jail & he took jail.

True, the toxicology report will show exactly what he was on, but, most money is going to be on he was higher than a kite on illegal street drugs.

Anonycat

Crusader

Does anyone know where he was with his cult classes?

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Does anyone know where he was with his cult classes?

I posted the same thing in the other thread. Specifically, I am wondering if his recent stint at that Ridgeview Ranch made him an illegal PC?

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

I thought I saw somewhere he had attested to clear.

And google "Johnny Lewis Scientology" but be ready for pages & pages about his ties to scn, his family ties to scn, how scn is desperately trying to erase Johhny Lewis from their history.

Itsa another shit storm for the cult !