What's new

Debbie Cook Agreement with CSFSO, CSI and RTC (19 October 2007)

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
[video=youtube;YBrElaQZSL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBrElaQZSL8[/video]

Transcript said:
EA: Elliot Abelson
DC: Debbie Cook

EA: It is October 19th 2007. We're in Clearwater, Florida. My name's Elliot Abelson. You are Debbie King.

DC: Cook.

EA: Cook, rather. That's a good start.

DC: Yeah.

EA: Uh, we try to get a little humor in here, we're taping as you know, it's show biz time.

DC: Right.

EA: Um, we're here in a serious matter. On a serious matter. We're here to ah, formalize the signing of ah, an Agreement, uh, and General Release, ah, between ah, Debbie Cook and ah, Church of Scientology FSO, and also ah, covered in this agreement ah, is ah, ah, CSI, Church of Scientology International and RTC.

Ah, now, ah, what's happening is that you are leaving the Sea Organization. Is that right?

DC: That's right.

EA: How many years have you been a member of the Sea Organization?

DC: 28 years.

EA: And you're doing this voluntarily?

DC: I am.

EA: No one has made any threats or forced you to do anything?

DC: Not at all, whatsoever.

EA: Uh, have you had a good 28 years in the Sea Organization?

DC: I've had very, very good 28 years, yes.

EA: Very interesting, hasn't it been?

DC: Yes.

EA: Uh, can you tell me what position you've held in FSO?

DC: Sure. I uh, I was the head of FSO, the Captain of FSO for 17 years, and ... [pauses, and looks like she is near tears.]

EA: That was the highest position?

DC: Yeah.

EA: Was that a position of ah, heavy responsibility?

DC: [Nods, yes.] [Still looks near tears.]

EA: And is there a part of you that's going to miss that?

DC: [Nods] Uh-hmm. Yes.

EA: Of course. Uh, do you have a medical condition that has made it difficult for you to perform up to your expectations?

DC: [Nods] Uh-hmm.

EA: And how long has that been going on?

DC: Um, for about ah, 8 years.

EA: Has FSO, the Church, ah, provided medical treatment and helped you through this?

DC: A lot, yes. Many, many things. Everything that I ever asked for, ever dreamed of, it was a tremendous amount of help and assistance. [Sniffs, as if griefy.]

EA: So you have very strong positive feelings about—ah, the Church of Scientology?

DC: Very much so.

EA: And is it your desire that they continue with I consid-, what I consider astounding growth and help to the planet?

DC: [Nods.] Absolutely.

EA: And in signing this agreement, and in deciding what you're going to be doing, you have said to me and said to others that you have no desire to interfere in any way with ah, the Church's growth or its reputation or talk about any of the confidential matters that have come to your attention?

DC: Definitely not.

EA: The Church, we--, and I'm an attorney, ah, but ah, others, and I'm present during those conversations, some of them, ah, have offered their help--

DC: [Nods.]

EA: --uh, to you and your husband in the transition.

EA: Ah, you feel that what's been offered is fair and generous?

DC: Far more than fair, and far more than generous. [Nods.]

EA: Ah, it's touched you actually, hasn't it?

DC: [Nods.] Uh-hm.

EA: Ah, I feel the same way about it. But I think it says something about the gratitude for what you've done.

Ah, and the, ah, fact that you have not made any demands or threats, in--. In fact, you have never discussed what the Church would do for you, or for giving you any money to get you started. Is that right?

DC: [Nods affirmatively.]

EA: And I had a little bit of a hard time today getting you to accept what the Church has offered.

DC: [Nods affirmatively.] Uh-hm.

EA: Uh, but I was able to persuade you it was in good faith?

DC: Yes. [Nods.]

EA: Okay. I've asked you if anybody made any promises or threats to get you to sign these papers, other than ah, some money, and also the promise that we're going to help you with employment and, and finding housing, and if you have any other difficulties, you've been given some contact names.

DC: [Nods] Uh-hm. That's right.

EA: Uh, it's my understanding you're going to have a medical -- you're departing is classified as a med, medical leave of absence.

EA: And I can assure you that that fact is a fact is not going to be publicized in any way ah, by ah, FSO or any church entity. Ah, it's a private matter. It has to do with your health, and we keep it private.

EA: Uh, you've also said you're pretty much going to stay away from Scientology during this year.

EA: Ah, and that's good. You have family between you and your husband who are Scientologists, there'll be minimum contact.

EA: Uh, you haven't had anything to drink or ah, any drugs that might affect your ability to understand?

DC: No, not at all.

EA: Uh, with respect to your treatment, not medical, but during the last few weeks, where there've been issues of your leaving or your not leaving, have you been treated well?

DC: Yes, I've been treated very well, yes.

EA: You've had plenty of sleep?

DC: Plenty of sleep.

EA: Probably much more than you've ever had on post?

DC: That's right. [laughs]

EA: Uh, now I've given you a document. It's in front of us. And you've had time to read it over?

DC: Yes, I have.

EA: Uh, did you understand it?

DC: I did understand it, yes.

EA: Did you have any questions? Do you have any questions about it?

DC: I have no questions.

EA: Okay. Um, I told you, I think we had dictionaries out here, and I told you I would answer any questions before, and you really don't have any questions?

EA: Uh, your husband had a couple?

EA: Uh, and ah, you made one change which was a pick-up by your husband, ah, and that was just a …

DC: A typo.

EA: … a typo. And that was on at the end of--, and you changed it. I should probably have you initial the change when we, when we go through it. Ah, ...

Right. Would you take a look at the document now that's in front of you. It hasn't left your presence--

EA: That that's the same document you've reviewed.

EA: Ah, if you could initial the bottom of each page where there's a little squiggly, straight line?

DC: [Initials pages.]

EA: And … did we pass that page where there was--, yeah, I think we did.

DC: [Unintelligible.] [Looking through pages.]

EA: Oh, it was in the, that's right.

DC: It's here.

EA: It's in the addendum.

Right. Now there's a signature page. And if you could sign there.

DC: Why does it have [unintelligible.]

EA: Oh, this is for the Church to sign when we give you a copy.

DC: Got it. [Signs.]

EA: Okay, just a couple more questions...

DC: Uh-hm.

EA: and then [unintelligible] for this.

Um, you have a lot of wins, during these years?

DC: Many.

EA: No question Scientology is a spiritual uh, religion?

DC: No question.

EA: And you've had spiritual gain, and lots of it.

EA: So have other people?

EA: And you have high regards for the staff that you work with?

DC: [Nods.] Very.

EA: And how about the boss?

DC: Big. [Nods.] Big time. Yes. [Nods.]

EA: Talking about David. David Miscavige?

DC: Yes. [Nods.]

EA: Okay, um, I'm going to hold this up and the videographer is going to zero in. The reason we're doing this is so we have a record obviously.

DC: I understand that.

EA: Okay, that's Page 1. In no particular order. Page 3. Uh, this is Page 6. This is Page 10, the signature page. And this is Page 11, the addendum, where the minor change was made.

So we're going to, I understand you're going to San Antonio to live?

EA: And the Church has helped find housing for you?

EA: Um, and we've indicated to you that we're going to help with the employment situation?

EA: If you have any medical issues or records etc., we will help. We have ah, given you the names of two people to con- to have regular contact with?

EA: Ah, not only ah, whatever basis you decide, but you know Geez, if things are going really bad, or there's a problem, or that outside world as you and I have discussed is ah, sometimes difficult to adjust to or you have questions, about what to do, we'll help you. Ah, it's a, hopefully a continuing sort of non-relationship relationship.

EA: Um, finally, as part of that ah, ah, part of that agreement, ah, there are some strict confidentiality rules, which you understand.

EA: And you had agreed that well before that you are going to keep things that are ah, recited here as confidential that you know to be confidential, confidential.

DC: [Nods]

EA: It's in your interest and our interest.

EA: Ah, the last thing is we have a check here for you for $50,000. Um, this is uh, part of the Agreement and in gratitude for what you've done. Uh, and as part of the consideration for the agreement and especially ah, we know you're going to have some medical bills, and hopefully this is going to help a whole lot.

EA: There's the check. [Hands envelope to DC.]

Uh, I'm sure I'm saying this, you know-- We've met but you don't know me very well, but there's a lot of people that are going to say and are saying "Good luck." And I'll say it now. Good luck to you. [Shakes hands with DC.]

DC: Thank you very much.

EA: I mean it.

DC: Thank you, thank you very much.

EA: You're welcome. Better than going to a dentist.

DC: Yeah. [laughs].

1:01 PM

[Break in recording.]

1:19 PM

EA: Well it's still October 19th, and you're back.

DC: [Nods.] Right.

EA: And you're back because I messed up and forgot to have you initial certain passages within the document.

EA: Uh, and I want to do that now. There's four of them.

DC: But that's Wayne's. [Wayne's document.]

EA: That would be helpful if I did yours.

EA: Uh, he did initial them. This is um, Page 4, um, and there's a place to initial besides ah, the place where you already initialed. Under that specific paragraph. Why, just to be safe, why don't you read to yourself Paragraph J.

DC: [Reads.] [Nods.] Right. [Initials.]

EA: And on Page 5 there's one. Top Paragraph K.

DC: Right. [Initials.]

EA: And if you go to Page 8. At the top.

DC: Right. [Initials.]

EA: Now we are finished.

DC: Okay.

EA: You're off to San Antonio. I'm back to LA, and ah... You, you have a nice husband, and he's really supportive and I think that you guys are going to do real good.

DC: [Nods.] [Unintelligible words.] Thank you very much.

EA: You're welcome. Bye bye.

DC: Bye bye.

1:21 PM 10/19/2007

The handling of Debbie's 8-year long medical condition is interesting from a Scientology tech/ethics point of view. It is also a matter of considerable importance PR-wise for Scientology and Scientologists. (The Captain FSO not able to handle her PTS situation with Scientology tech? Wow!)

Debbie dated her medical condition back around eight years, or to 1999, which was during the Lisa McPherson litigation. As Captain FSO, Debbie was responsible for much of what was done to Lisa, from the start of her Flag auditing to her incarceration and death. She provided a sworn statement in the criminal investigation in 1997.

Scientologists understand that "medical conditions" are caused by PTSness. Debbie indicated she had all kinds of help and assistance for her condition. But why would she, as a dyed-in-the-wool, worldwide opinion leader, Class IX auditor, OEC/FEBC grad and veteran SO exec agree to a minimum contact clause for one year from her Scientologist contacts and family? This is not a usual PTS handling for a Scientologist in good standing. Possibly they're treating it as a "Type 1 PTS situation," where the SP or SPs on her case are currently in her environment, and are threatening her, her family and Scientology.

On the record, all sides -- Scientology and Debbie and Wayne -- agreed that it was in all of their best interests that Debbie and Wayne do a disappearing act. It was also evident from the interview that Debbie had information that was potentially damaging to Scientology.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can't even make it through that entire thing. Once it gets to a point where to us former members where you can see all the spoon fed crap it truly gets to be sickening to continue.

1984 lives.

Rd00

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Pass this to everyone you know!

I had some "wogs" read it w/o saying one word...just let them read it and looked for their response.

They all said the same thing - "looks like Scientology treated her very badly and is forcing her to sign this and agree with everything Scientology wants her to agree with!

It is obvious she is not stating these things on her own and would not be allowed to leave unless she agreed to everything"

This will keep people out of the cult - so pass it on!! Post it on facebook and twitter! Send it to your entire e-mail contacts!!

This is very damaging! Thanks for posting it in a "new unit of time" - good for lurkers to see how you are treated after 30 years of volunteering!!

TG1

Angelic Poster
Caroline,

At one point I saw a video of Gerry executing his settlement agreement with the Church. I cannot find the link online. Do you know where it is -- and if so, would you please post that, too?

Thanks,

TG1

EDIT: Or just PM it to me. It doesn't need to interrupt this thread. Thanks.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Caroline, thanks for posting this. I saw it at one point but couldn't find it again.

It's very eye-opening for those who haven't before seen just this tiny bit of what a Sea Org member must go through to get out the front gate.

TG1

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I wish I could get a hold of mine. It was done at OSA, when OSA was kind of still around....

I was deliberately just grunting the answers. I don't think I ever said yes or no. Somehow I knew I should not really sound like I am agreeing....

But I signed and got out pretty quick after that... Yay.

Is the only way to get these is when they become part of a court case?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I wish I could get a hold of mine. It was done at OSA, when OSA was kind of still around....

I was deliberately just grunting the answers. I don't think I ever said yes or no. Somehow I knew I should not really sound like I am agreeing....

But I signed and got out pretty quick after that... Yay.

Is the only way to get these is when they become part of a court case?

It shouldn't be. It's a legal agreement you took part in and you are entitled to a copy of it.

Now that Laura DeCrescenzo has gotten her pc folders back, I think Scientology is going to have a much harder time keeping these types of things from the people who were party to them any more.

I would have a lawyer write them a letter asking for yours.

Alanzo

(Hi Bea!)

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
[video=youtube;YBrElaQZSL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBrElaQZSL8[/video]

The handling of Debbie's 8-year long medical condition is interesting from a Scientology tech/ethics point of view. It is also a matter of considerable importance PR-wise for Scientology and Scientologists. (The Captain FSO not able to handle her PTS situation with Scientology tech? Wow!)

Debbie dated her medical condition back around eight years, or to 1999, which was during the Lisa McPherson litigation. As Captain FSO, Debbie was responsible for much of what was done to Lisa, from the start of her Flag auditing to her incarceration and death. She provided a sworn statement in the criminal investigation in 1997.

Scientologists understand that "medical conditions" are caused by PTSness. Debbie indicated she had all kinds of help and assistance for her condition. But why would she, as a dyed-in-the-wool, worldwide opinion leader, Class IX auditor, OEC/FEBC grad and veteran SO exec agree to a minimum contact clause for one year from her Scientologist contacts and family? This is not a usual PTS handling for a Scientologist in good standing. Possibly they're treating it as a "Type 1 PTS situation," where the SP or SPs on her case are currently in her environment, and are threatening her, her family and Scientology.

On the record, all sides -- Scientology and Debbie and Wayne -- agreed that it was in all of their best interests that Debbie and Wayne do a disappearing act. It was also evident from the interview that Debbie had information that was potentially damaging to Scientology.

debbie said in a letter to dm that she knew where the bodies were buried. literally. in all the hooplah, that was the part i will never forget.

Last edited:

Caroline

Patron Meritorious

TG1

Angelic Poster
debbie said on a latter to dm that she knew where the bodies were buried. literally. in all the hooplah, that was the part i will never forget.

IPT,

I've been looking this afternoon for that email she sent (to Pouw?), but cannot locate it.

Does anyone know where it is? And post the link here, please?

Many thanks,

TG1

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
debbie said on a latter to dm that she knew where the bodies were buried. literally. in all the hooplah, that was the part i will never forget.

No gag order can keep anyone from talking about illegal acts to the authorities.

She could still go to the FBI and keep every cent of the money she got from her settlement.

This is the case for every single person who has ever had a gag order settlement with Scientology.

Alanzo

TG1

Angelic Poster
Bea,

It was one of those exciting times when you actually think the cult could cave. And then it didn't.

Still, some good stuff happened while you were livin' life.

They weren't show-stoppers. But they weren't bad. :)

TG1

P.S. Oh yeah -- and while you were gone, Katie divorced Tom. :)

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
No gag order can keep anyone from talking about illegal acts to the authorities.

She could still go to the FBI and keep every cent of the money she got from her settlement.

This is the case for every single person who has ever had a gag order settlement with Scientology.

Alanzo

From Mark Rathbun:

Rathbun said:
David Miscavige holds the distinction of paying more money in one year (2012) to silence critics than perhaps any other criminal, white collar or otherwise, in the world. He began the year by paying seven figures to former Scientology executive Debbie Cook Baumgarten who countersued Miscavige’s Religious Technology Center in Bexar County (San Antonio) Texas.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/11/29/miscavige-pays-p-i-s-for-silence-but/

That amount, according to Karen de la Carriere, was paid after the hearing.

Karen#1 | November 30, 2012 at 2:23 am | Reply

[...]

7 figures to Debbie Cook to “settle” after she voiced horror stories on video camera in a court of Law.

Gib

Crusader
Back in Jan 2012 I received the Debbie Cook email. At that point I decided to take the red pill, which would mean I started reading the internet for the truth about scientology.

I saw this video of Debbie signing the gag agreement, and at the time I was still digesting the red bill and the blue bill was slowly working out of my system.

In looking at this video today with my new all red pill viewpoint, and specifically looking and observing this lawyer

I find I have some questions:

1:18 Lawyer says it's been very interesting hasn't it been.

How does this lawyer know that, that Cook's 28 years in were interesting?
---------------------------------------
1:19 Lawyer asks Debbie "Can you tell me what position you've held in FSO?

Debbie answers "........head, Captain of FSO for 17 years, and,.........pause, comm lag for 11 seconds before the lawyer finishes her answer.

A 11 seconds is a long pause. I wonder what was going thru her head at the time?

It appears Debbie was suppressing grief.
-----------------------------------------------------------
2:35 Lawyer says " And is it your desire that they continue with I consid-, what I consider astounding growth and help to the planet?"

How and why does he consider scientology has had astounding growth?
----------------------------------------------------------
5:55 Lawyer asks "You've had plenty of sleep?"

Cook answers "Plenty of sleep."

Lawyer says "Probably much more than you've ever had on post?"

How does he know that? And why would he even bring up sleep?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBrElaQZSL8

Sindy

Crusader
Back in Jan 2012 I received the Debbie Cook email. At that point I decided to take the red pill, which would mean I started reading the internet for the truth about scientology.

I saw this video of Debbie signing the gag agreement, and at the time I was still digesting the red bill and the blue bill was slowly working out of my system.

In looking at this video today with my new all red pill viewpoint, and specifically looking and observing this lawyer

I find I have some questions:

1:18 Lawyer says it's been very interesting hasn't it been.

How does this lawyer know that, that Cook's 28 years in were interesting?
---------------------------------------
1:19 Lawyer asks Debbie "Can you tell me what position you've held in FSO?

Debbie answers "........head, Captain of FSO for 17 years, and,.........pause, comm lag for 11 seconds before the lawyer finishes her answer.

A 11 seconds is a long pause. I wonder what was going thru her head at the time?

It appears Debbie was suppressing grief.
-----------------------------------------------------------
2:35 Lawyer says " And is it your desire that they continue with I consid-, what I consider astounding growth and help to the planet?"

How and why does he consider scientology has had astounding growth?
----------------------------------------------------------
5:55 Lawyer asks "You've had plenty of sleep?"

Cook answers "Plenty of sleep."

Lawyer says "Probably much more than you've ever had on post?"

How does he know that? And why would he even bring up sleep?

Abelson's, "It's showtime" remark in the beginning says it all. If she even so much as hinted at her displeasure it would have been back in the Hole for more gang bang sec checks. I'd be kissing that guy's butt, for the camera, too.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Abelson's, "It's showtime" remark in the beginning says it all. If she even so much as hinted at her displeasure it would have been back in the Hole for more gang bang sec checks. I'd be kissing that guy's butt, for the camera, too.

I wish I could get a hold of mine. I am pretty sure it was videoed. I mumbled and shrugged through the whole thing and tried to make it look like I was totally in disagreement with agreeing (which I was). I am sure very few of these are with smiley and happy people. One thing for sure when I boarded that train to leave Scn forever I was beaming from ear to ear.

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
I wish I could get a hold of mine. I am pretty sure it was videoed. I mumbled and shrugged through the whole thing and tried to make it look like I was totally in disagreement with agreeing (which I was). I am sure very few of these are with smiley and happy people. One thing for sure when I boarded that train to leave Scn forever I was beaming from ear to ear.[/QUOTE]
I wish we had a heart button <3