What's new

Debbie Cook Counter sues the Church of Scientology

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
In any event, dummy davie boy done gone poo poo in his mess kit.

He got sucked up so fast he must have thought it was Tom Cruise !

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
cos_efg_party.gif

Looks like Body Anons, and oatee level solo auditing doesn't drive them off, either!

Pete

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Given her having Fibromyalgia I suspect that she is just hoping to live her life as close to a "well and happy being" as possible on the personal side of things.

By the way, isn't LRH's brirthday event coming up?

ZOMG WTF!!!!!

This just keeps gettign richer and richer every day, by the minute.

Rd00

The irony of ironies ... if Debbie Cook, due to her fibromyalgia, becomes THE national posterchick for medical marijuana.

Pete

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
The question is: When will those last 2 neurons in Tom Cruise's brain finally connect that are preventing his 'cognition' that his "best friend" is a complete fraud and one of the biggest assholes in the world?

I don't know where I'd like to be a fly on the wall more. In DM's underground bunker, or TC's underground bunker when he gets a call from his PR team or atty.

Is there a smidgen of hope for poor little rich Tom? Stay tuned.

If you wrote a novel like this nobody'd ever believe it could happen.

That calls for a repost of an oldie but goodie of mine.

Pete

[FONT= "arial"]
Oh Tommy Boy
(to the Tune of Oh Danny Boy)

Oh Tommy boy, the espees are a mockin’ you,
For craziness, you can no longer hide.
Your fans are gone, prospective roles departing,
T’is your career that’s going down like a mudslide.

So loose that Elron muffin of the meadow,
Live down your antics done on Oprah’s show,
And get out from the Dave Miscavige shadow,
Oh Tommy boy, oh Tommy boy, its time to blow.

Should you awake, to find your church is lying,
And be declared, declared to be espee,
You’ll come to find, ‘twas BS you’ve been buying,
And you will say “Ixnay!” to Scientology.

And you’ll explain, how Davey hath betrayed thee,
And how revenge, in court so sweet shall be,
Your fans again, will saith that they love thee,
As you lament your time in Scientology.

As you lament your time in Scientology.
[/FONT]

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Dispatch

1 March 2012

To: OSA Int/Dirty Tricks Division

Find out how DC obtained puppy. No fuck that, we know she used money donated by Rathbun's apostate followers. Have George Spencer fire off letter to DC's attorney warning that we will file a complaint with the Texas Bar Assoc. He accepted a gift unethically aided and abetted by a declared suppressive squirrel. This is an outrageous violation of our religious beliefs. Get squirrel busters activated and ready to picket his offices with "Religious Bigot" signs if he doesn't play ball.

Bring me another copper rod and a case of single malt Scotch.

There's no directive in here to drown the dog. Man, the Co$ is loosing its touch.....

I have a question about the list of questions the church is being required to respond to - Can they duck answering them based on the freedom of religion amendment?

Mimsey

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
P.S. Will someone who knows the answer please tell me David Miscavige's favorite brand of cigarette and how much they cost in the federal prison's canteen? I need to know what exactly my IAS membership is buying?

I heard he likes Camel regulars ... that is, the original, unfiltered, short Camel cigarettes ... they go back to 1913. Strong, harsh little bastards, just like DM. When I fall off the wagon and go back to smoking, they are the kind I get, because I can no longer buy Galoise Brunes sans filtre, which are even stronger and harsher made from a really dark, strong tobacco that is otherwise used to wrap cigars ... the kind of smokes that the French Foreign Legion were puffing on in the trenches awaiting the final onslaught of the Viet Minh at the battle of Dien Bien Fu. Anyways, Camel unfiltered are the costliest when and where you can find them. At the local grocery store here in St. Louis, they go for $7.68 per pack with all the taxes. Guaranteed, they are not available at the canteen in club fed, since they have gone to a no smoking policy.

Pete

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Well, damn then. What is my IAS membership buying if not unfiltered camels for Davey at club fed?

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Girl on the Apollo ?
Hell, Lisa wasn't over money.
Quention wasn't over money.
Mary Sue wasn't over money.
Nibs? Maybe some bucks there.
tiny tyrants X mother in law...Flo Barret?
Old L Ron Hisself.

And God only knows how many more. Those cult people are capable of anything " for the greatest good " and not even bat an eye at doing it or giving it another thought.

And there are people who know the facts. Time for some talking.

I'm sure there are plenty of bodies stored in the Scientology closet, most put there as an unacknowledged consequence of the tech, and some by design. But murder wasn't really L Ron Hubbard's style. According to his son:

. . . he [LRH] didn't really want people killed, because how could you really destroy them if you just killed them? What he wanted to do was to destroy their lives, their families, their reputations, their jobs, their money, everything. My father was the type of person who, when it came to destruction, wanted to keep you alive for as long as possible, to torture you, punish you. If he chose to destroy you, he would love to see you lying in the gutter, strung out on booze and drugs, rolling in your own vomit, with your wife and children gone forever: no job, no money. He'd enjoy walking by and kicking you and saying to other people, "Look what I did to this man!" He's the kind of man who would pull the wings off flies and watch them stumble around. You see, this fits in with his Scientology beliefs, also. He felt that if you just died, your spirit would go out and get another body to live in. By destroying an enemy that way, you'd be doing him a favor. You were letting him out from under the thumb of L. Ron. Hubbard, you see?

Sindy

Crusader
The thing is this won't go anywhere. The fact these interrogatories are demanding Miscavige answer questions - basically meaning he will be deposed and maybe even forced to the stand - means he will settle out of court long before he ever gets a microphone clipped to his lapel.

I predict the cult will fight tooth and nail to prevent Miscavige and RTC from being enjoined in this suit and if/when they lose that battle -- they will settle.

I expect DM will huff and puff and try to force Debbie's defense to spend lots of money spinning wheels in endless legal fuckery, draw it all out as much as possible, and try to break her. But if that fails he will settle when push comes to shove and his actual neck is on the line - count on it.

DM would pay any amount to avoid having to be deposed on these matters and will.

Just sucks because I would like nothing more than to see him forced to answer these questions and give his interpretation of INT base conditions on the record.

:lol: That reminds me of a line from my favorite Dick Van Dyke Episode, "That's malicious accusory!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9v_dzt3wmo

Okay, no derail. Just a bit of comic relief. :)

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
and so on, and so forth

:drama:

"If you want a war, all you have to do is bring it on. Your call."

Debbie Cook

I wish this show would play out faster.

How far is Debbie willing to go to win the war? Spill ALL the beans she knows?

Surely she knows by now that the reforms she urges in the original email will never happen as long as DM is in power.

So is winning for her: a) DM deposed and disgraced; or b) a hefty cash settlement for the Cooks and they walk away leaving DM in place and the church unchanged ?

Anyone know the date of the next court action in this?

TG1

Angelic Poster
Upon entering the court system tunnel, events usually slow waaaaay down.

The TRO hearing happened quickly, since the T stands for temporary and there's an understandably urgent need decide whether or what should or should not be restrained.

However, we shouldn't cook all our popcorn now, for it wlil get turn cold and dessicated before the next courtroom drama commences.

Somebody earlier suggested September / October would likely be the next court date.

However (and because Sneaks isn't here to say it), IANAL.

Tikk, you around?

TG1

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron

Not sure about the Church's filing for summary judgement, I can't find anything online about it so it looks like they have yet to file. From Debbie's end though they've moved for a jury trial in her countersuit and the scheduled date is November 13, 2012. Tony O notes that if the church agrees to the trial it could be moved up to Sept.

Docs are at Village Voice.

Div6

Crusader

Debbie Cook

Surely she knows by now that the reforms she urges in the original email will never happen as long as DM is in power.

So is winning for her: a) DM deposed and disgraced; or b) a hefty cash settlement for the Cooks and they walk away leaving DM in place and the church unchanged ?

Debbie was there when Lisa died. She KNOWS that DM "c\s'ed" her Clear attest. She also knows WHERE other bodies are buried.

IF a settlement were to occur, I would assume that DM stepping down would be a non-negotiable part of it. We know THAT isn't going to happen, so I expect this particular Ragnarok to play out for quite a while.........

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Upon entering the court system tunnel, events usually slow waaaaay down.

The TRO hearing happened quickly, since the T stands for temporary and there's an understandably urgent need decide whether or what should or should not be restrained.

However, we shouldn't cook all our popcorn now, for it wlil get turn cold and dessicated before the next courtroom drama commences.

Somebody earlier suggested September / October would likely be the next court date.

However (and because Sneaks isn't here to say it), IANAL.

Tikk, you around?

TG1

The court case will be dragged out at great cost to both sides. DM/OSA will do everything possible to put pressure on Debbie and anyone near and dear to her.
He'll get desperate with the dirty tricks.

In the next few weeks/months we'll see how much she really knows (and can prove) and whether she is willing to use it. If we see a quick settlement, we'll know she had some major dirt against him. Or, she will cave because they get her to see that her case is "actually hurting LRH" somehow.

Hard to say which way this one's gonna go. The stakes are high, to be sure.

I am so glad I am not a Kool-Aid drinker whether inside or outside the church. Sad fools all around. They all think they're "saving Scientology and LRH's good name."

Those were lost a LONG time ago.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
The court case will be dragged out at great cost to both sides. DM/OSA will do everything possible to put pressure on Debbie and anyone near and dear to her.
He'll get desperate with the dirty tricks.

In the next few weeks/months we'll see how much she really knows (and can prove) and whether she is willing to use it. If we see a quick settlement, we'll know she had some major dirt against him. Or, she will cave because they get her to see that her case is "actually hurting LRH" somehow.

Hard to say which way this one's gonna go. The stakes are high, to be sure.

I am so glad I am not a Kool-Aid drinker whether inside or outside the church. Sad fools all around. They all think they're "saving Scientology and LRH's good name."

Those were lost a LONG time ago.

There are a lot of people on scientology-cult website and the Friends of LRH website and even though I don't expect to see Debbie going there any time soon I get the idea that there are a lot of people there that will be willing to stick their neck out and help her out in a pinch even if it is just sending her gift cards in the mail to buy groceries or sending money orders to the companies that supply her utilities with a note "please appply this to Debbie Baumgartens bill. I do not have the account number but she lives at #####".

This is a movement. This is big. This is going to go on for at least 1/2 of eternity. People are going to continue to jump ship and hightail out of Paris before the guillotine is brought out to met the wrong kind of justice.

Morale is going to go down even worse and the beatings and degrading are likely to continue until every last low moraled person has Tone 40ed themself up to enthusiasm and got their VFP delivered.

Someday the only two people at events that will be smiling will be the Pope on a Rope and the World's Most Dedicated Scientologist and there John Travolta will be sitting a couple of seats away from the World's Most Dedicated Scientologist and Travolta will be clapping but then he will finally have a weird look on his face, one that has that "something's not right here" look to it.

Rd00

Terril park

Sponsor

Debbie Cook

Suing CO$ as a way to make money is a novel and cutting edge idea.

Wish I'd thought of it first!

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Debbie was there when Lisa died. She KNOWS that DM "c\s'ed" her Clear attest. She also knows WHERE other bodies are buried.

IF a settlement were to occur, I would assume that DM stepping down would be a non-negotiable part of it. We know THAT isn't going to happen, so I expect this particular Ragnarok to play out for quite a while.........

Bodies = literal, not figurative. Right?

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think there's a definite possibility that some of Miscavige's worst nightmares are going to come true.
This made me laugh out loud. Thankyou
Hey, this situation is a no brainer. What would Ron do? Ron would haul ass, take a hike, disappear.

He'd go on the lam, first to sea and then to an ever changing location, wear bad disguises and keep his whereabouts secret to avoid subpoenas and summons.

Like any criminal, to save his own ass and throw close associates under the bus.
Yes. Hubbard placed himself outside any legal jurisdiction and surrounded himself by young girls so any crimes he did commit would have plausible deniability. "Well, Ron didn't actually tell me, a twelve year old girl in hotpants told me..."

I am a little hesitant to be completely supportive of Debbie as this is clearly a case of always attack, never defend, however she is attacking the little one.

Also, OSA people. Look what Debbie did. She took documents and she is going to use them to force a settlement with Davie. She planned to leave, took lots of evidence, fooled the needle and then took off. Now she stands to make millions of dollars. That's called forward planning. And now, you can, too.