What's new

Debbie Cook -- Exiled by Scientology - moving to the Caribbean

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
I didn't think you did, however a lot of people are confused about what happened with David in no small part thanks to years of lying by the Co$ and Rathbun's repeating of those lies since he has left direct involvement with the church.

As you said there are some similarities. I just wanted to point out a few of the differences for those reading the board who might be too quick to make assumptions.

Well, to be honest, I'd probably shuffle off to some tropical island myself, so I do understand the appeal. :thumbsup:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Here's the other thing to consider. In every jurisdiction I've been in, the judge has to approve the settlement agreements. I don't know if they give em much more than a cursory look see, but I also doubt that either party walked away with absolutely nothing. Jus sayin.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
BTW MAB and thetanic...in all modesty...when y'all head out to Paradise I'm a darn good cook, real fine gardener/yardman, fairly skilled all-around handyman, decent mechanic, passable butler and--on most most occasions--a great drinking partner.:coolwink:

Face :)

BTW MAB and thetanic...when y'all head out to Paradise...I'm a darn good cook, real fine yardman, skilled all-around handyman, decent mechanic, passable butler and--on most most occasions--a great drinking partner.:coolwink:

Face :)

I'm thinking we should find some wealthy ex-scio to fund a 'Ship of Fools' we could use to sail around the Mediterranean. Thetanic as ship's hostess, you as Bar Tender, I'll undertake responsibility for navigation, CO would make a good Bo'swain, Roger in charge of the ship's boats & water safety, ....

It should be very easy to do a squirrel version of what the Sea Org should have been. :devil:

Whether it would be this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icAwcByaNtY

OR this ...​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8E8trKZGbE

You decide. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Yeah, buddy - I would just hate if somebody sent me here to this hell hole on pension to live out my years

:eyeroll:

Fast Facts about Guadeloupe:

Visa: None required for residents of the US, UK, Canada, the EU, Australia and New Zealand.

Money: euro (€); €1 = US$1.56 = UK£0.79

Official name: La Guadeloupe

Departure tax: None

Area: 1434 sq km

Population: 451, 000

Famous for: Its butterfly shape

Country code: 590

Language: French, Creole

Capital: Basse-Terre

Phrase: Pas ni problem (No problem, no worries)

People: Guadeloupeans

Guadeloupe mixes the best of France – a fully modern infrastructure and fantastic food – with a local culture that people here are proud of and want to share. Guadeloupe’s two main islands look like the wings of a butterfly and are joined together by a mangrove swamp. Grande-Terre, the eastern wing of the island, has a string of beach towns that offer visitors every variety of fun in the sun known to humankind. From surfing schools to beach bars to long stretches of beautiful sand where azure water laps at the toes of French mademoiselles, it’s all here.

Basse-Terre, the western wing, is home to the national park, crowned by La Soufrière volcano. Hiking trails and a Jacques Cousteau underwater reserve offer adventure for those who want more go than slow in their holidays. But for the gourmets and sun worshippers there are still plenty of places to recharge while everyone else tires themselves out. South of the butterfly-shaped ‘mainland’ of Guadeloupe are a number of small archipelagos that give a taste of Guadeloupe’s yesteryear. Ranging from sheer chill on La Désirade to the cosmopolitan Terre-de-Haut and the largely rural Marie-Galante, the smaller islands each have their own character and round out the long list of ingredients that make Guadeloupe.

While it’s one of the more developed islands in the Caribbean – those arriving at the thoroughly modern airport might be in for a shock if they were expecting a rural airstrip – there are still plenty of rural patches between villages and you won’t want for choice.

681x454.jpg

681x454.jpg

681x454.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

....and free big screen televisions in every room of Debbie's house gifted by Little Brother!

Open-Loft-Wall-Mount-TV-1.jpg

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm thinking we should find some wealthy ex-scio to fund a 'Ship of Fools' we could use to sail around the Mediterranean. Thetanic as ship's hostess, you as Bar Tender, I'll undertake responsibility for navigation, CO would make a good Bo'swain, Roger in charge of the ship's boats & water safety, ....

It should be very easy to do a squirrel version of what the Sea Org should have been. :devil:

Whether it would be this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icAwcByaNtY

OR this ...​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8E8trKZGbE

You decide. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

Luv it! :thumbsup:

I'm in complete accord with your Ship's Duty Assignments.:yes:

However, you do realize that by posting me as Barkeep the Bar will always be open?.
:coolwink:

Face :clapping:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Anyone really interested in moving to the Caribbean would be wise to start off with a subscription to International Living. It's one stop shopping for the majority of what you'll need to know. You can also purchase reasonably priced manuals for immigrating to many countrys. I've purchased and read their manuals on Panama and Equador and each is a wealth of relevant information from those who have made the move.

http://internationalliving.com/

http://www.ilbookstore.com/home.php

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid

....and free big screen televisions in every room of Debbie's house gifted by Little Brother!

Open-Loft-Wall-Mount-TV-1.jpg

I think you've come up with the idea for a new TV series: beyond Lucy and Ricky, beyond Mork and Mindy, beyond Dharma and Greg, its...its...the Dwarf and Debbie Show!! :biggrin:

:hysterical:

As a former Flag 2nd Class Missionaire, with over a dozen Missions under his belt, I would come out of retirement volunteer to be the Mission I/C for Mission Into Party Time.:coolwink:

Face :blush:

Clearly the right man for the job whether you are on an extended leave or active duty status. :thumbsup:

Mark A. Baker