What's new

Debbie Cook Gets Another One Out: Simi Valley

OperatingSP

Patron with Honors
From Marty's blog: Simi Valley
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/simi-valley/

Excerpt:
Fast forward to 2011: the adventure had long since died. In its place were a whole string of arbitraries, nagging questions about apparent wrongnesses with no answers in sight, endless “events” and cutthroat regging. For years I had known that something was terribly wrong but it was only on New Year’s Day 2012 that I finally saw the light, thanks to Debbie Cook’s email.
Indie 500 List
http://www.scientology-cult.com/declarations-of-independence/the-indie-500.html

356. Simi Valley, Scn since 1978, New OT VII, Class II Auditor, KTL/LOC, Exec Status I, ex S.O.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Lol, Simi's "name" has always cracked me up. She did a chunk of her Bridge at AOSHANZO and I like her a lot. It always does my heart good to see anyone I knew in my former life as a scientologist escape from the CofS. :)

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Marty does this pretty regularly - Simi states right in her post she went off her OT level in 1994 and never actively returned again. Many of these "announcement" posts are by people who have been inactive, off lines or disenfranchised for years. Why does Marty try to take credit for someone who got fed up on their own many years ago?

I will give him some credit if the person had been totally silent and is only now speaking out, but even that's not the case with some of them.

Many Debbie Cook gave her the nudge to go all the way out of the official church, but she had started down the road long ago.

I would be interested to know the number of culties who's eyes were opened, or started looking for the first time as a result of Debbies letter. Not something that will ever be definitive but I'm sure the quiet departures over the next year or 2 thanks to DC letter (and inesscent money grubbing) will be significant.

Gib

Crusader
Marty does this pretty regularly - Simi states right in her post she went off her OT level in 1994 and never actively returned again. Many of these "announcement" posts are by people who have been inactive, off lines or disenfranchised for years. Why does Marty try to take credit for someone who got fed up on their own many years ago?

I will give him some credit if the person had been totally silent and is only now speaking out, but even that's not the case with some of them.

Many Debbie Cook gave her the nudge to go all the way out of the official church, but she had started down the road long ago.

I would be interested to know the number of culties who's eyes were opened, or started looking for the first time as a result of Debbies letter. Not something that will ever be definitive but I'm sure the quiet departures over the next year or 2 thanks to DC letter (and inesscent money grubbing) will be significant.

I don't see Marty taking credit. I see somebody, Simi, posting her getting out on Marty's blog, to help others get out, since Martys blog does have a following thru all the other links, as well as VV. Nothing wrong with this. It's a gradient.

Div6

Crusader

One thing to keep in mind is that as people have gotten disaffected, the CoS has the polices and practices in place to introvert them and make them think there is something WRONG with the PERSON. It can take quite a bit to get the person out of their "dark tea time of the soul" to the point where they are even willing to look again. Or entertain the idea of communication. Because Scientology Works...you see. It must, as every one has read, understood and applied "Keeping Scientology Working" so it must be true. Boards like ESMB can be daunting to those people, given the wide dynamic range of emotions expressed here. Marty's blog limits the emotional dynamic range to try to reduce the noise and focus the message. People lurk there (and here) for quite a while before they muster up the courage to post. I think we can agree that communication is a solvent that undoes the "mental glue". However that is achieved is OK with me (as long as it is of the non-authoritarian, enforced reality flow.)