What's new

Debbie Cook is back on the internet.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Apparently, there's something that can best be described as "fast flow forgiveness" around the subject of Scientology and its aftermath.

Conspire in major lies and cover-ups for decades that alter people's lives irrevocably, participate in financial fraud to the tune of hundreds of millions, act out like a spiritual terrorist . . . and it looks like once you're done with all your "misadventures," you can simply make a few youtube videos or blog posts and somehow you're magically absolved of all your sins.

I changed my life materially based on the lies and deceptions Miscavige, Broeker invented (circa 1986 & later) and Marty and Mike conspired to hide (I'm presuming) for decades. Does a blog or series of videos by any of them give me my best years back? Or let me have a life redo?

Madoff conspirators won't get off so easy after their financial greed ruined many lives forever.

Hitler's main henchmen didn't get free passes after posting youtube videos or writing some redemptive blog posts near the end of the war.

I have no clue how major ex-scn executives can make up for their sins and real-life damages.

Like many things in life, it's a murky question. :confused2:

For the most part, I've totally moved on and have a great life. And I'm pretty forgiving about it all.

But deep down some part of me still wants a bit of "my pound of flesh."

My only point is that I've noticed there's a trend toward "fast flow forgiveness."

Steal hundreds of millions under false pretenses one year . . . a championed smiling whistle blower and blogger the next.

Free pass. No one really held accountable personally or financially. Just move on.

Only in Scientology.

Again, it's a murky question. :confused2:

I don't need anyone to necessarily agree with me. This is just how I feel after devoting my life to all this then finding out about the magnitude of the betrayals.

And heck, I got out twenty years ago! :eyeroll: :coolwink:

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

My interest isn't in Debbie Cook (or anyone else specifically) ... I just don't want to see ESMB becoming too scary (for want of a better word) for those new or just peeking because I remember when I first did so myself. I'm no shrinking violet but it took me 8 months to join and post.

I love the fiery post that CommunicatorIC just made but I'm trying to imagine someone new who may also have done some pretty shite things as a scientologist reading here.

Many of us were "lucky enough" not to have held posts that made much (if any) difference (I was one of them) but some of the people that held the nasty "exec" posts (recruited people, pulled in the money and slammed us around with "ethics" tek) effectively made our lives easier at the time (less beans and rice when the gross income was up) and were often pretty strong willed, bright and fiery characters despite being under cult influence at the time.

I would like it if the Debbie Cooks of the world posted here (she's gagged I know) but they won't if they see how they'll be treated. There must be a lot of people out there reading here and thinking "pass, I really don't need that" ... and it's a shame because the insights they have into the cult could add a whole new dimension and it would help them to move on at the same time and I have no problem with people who have been dickheads in the past moving on in whatever way they see fit.

It isn't above "forgiveness" ... though I have no problem with forgiving people (and myself) when and where it's an issue (and if I want to), it's about making people who are leaving or have left the cult feel welcome here whether they've been shits or not.

:)

Last edited:

shanic89

Patron Meritorious
And in instances such as this, if you are a "never in" then you really have no business looking down your nose at Debbie or anyone else who has come out of $cientology. You really just have no idea what you're talking about.

I have edited this as I see that CommunicatorIC has said much better than I in regard to this rather odd and insulting post.

Jest3r

Patron
..snippity

You were never a member of the Khemer Rouge, and don't know what pressures and "mind control" such people were subjected to, so you can't judge..

...snappity...

I was there and saw this and I didn't see any mind control, so I feel like this shouldn't be on your list. I don't know what you're talking about. It was a good time! Hey sista, Go sista! Soul sista, Flow sista!

edit: I'm so sorry, this is so embarrassing. I meant the movie "Moulin Rouge"

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I was there and saw this and I didn't see any mind control, so I feel like this shouldn't be on your list. I don't know what you're talking about. It was a good time! Hey sista, Go sista! Soul sista, Flow sista!

edit: I'm so sorry, this is so embarrassing. I meant the movie "Moulin Rouge"

Some of the acting in that movie could have benefited from some serious mind control!

:biggrin:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
She may not look at the internet - that implant runs deep - so she doesn't think anyone else does.

Do tell BunnySkull - how do I get one of these websites...seriously - I need one. I really would like to know. :wink2:

For a free, easy to construct DIY website, try google sites.

https://sites.google.com/?pli=1

The exseaorg site in my signature line is a google site. I put this together with absolutely no programer training at all. It's that simple.

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious

My interest isn't in Debbie Cook (or anyone else specifically) ... I just don't want to see ESMB becoming too scary (for want of a better word) for those new or just peeking because I remember when I first did so myself. I'm no shrinking violet but it took me 8 months to join and post.

I love the fiery post that CommunicatorIC just made but I'm trying to imagine someone new who may also have done some pretty shite things as a scientologist reading here.

Many of us were "lucky enough" not to have held posts that made much (if any) difference (I was one of them) but some of the people that held the nasty "exec" posts (recruited people, pulled in the money and slammed us around with "ethics" tek) effectively made our lives easier at the time (less beans and rice when the gross income was up) and were often pretty strong willed, bright and fiery characters despite being under cult influence at the time.

I would like it if the Debbie Cooks of the world posted here (she's gagged I know) but they won't if they see how they'll be treated. There must be a lot of people out there reading here and thinking "pass, I really don't need that" ... and it's a shame because the insights they have into the cult could add a whole new dimension and it would help them to move on at the same time and I have no problem with people who have been dickheads in the past moving on in whatever way they see fit.

It isn't above "forgiveness" ... though I have no problem with forgiving people (and myself) when and where it's an issue, it's about making people who are leaving or have left the cult feel welcome here whether they've been shits or not.

"Why you Namby Pamby panty waist dilettante! We'd rather have you dead than incapable."

Pardon the inaccurate quote, haven't read that piece of garbage in decades, but I can instantly recall that much. lol

You didn't push that at all? Or word clear anyone on it?

Maybe that could be a new coined word; We'ed.

Imagine a movie about We'ed's who come to make other's think like them! I wonder if it's ever happened? Maybe they look like Dandelions.

------------

I don't think a new person out would mind hearing talk like this.

PTS

Elliott
*snip*

Regardless of your angry bullying tone, your profanity, your red bolding, your attempt at tone 40 or whatever this was, I stand by my words because they sincerely express how I feel. This is my right here. You take exception to them, which is your right. I fail to understand your anger though and I refuse to be party to it.

Goodbye CommunicatorIC

PTS

Elliott
*snip*

Regardless of your angry bullying tone, your profanity, your red bolding, your attempt at tone 40 or whatever this was, I stand by my words because they sincerely express how I feel. This is my right here. You take exception to them, which is your right. I fail to understand your anger though and I refuse to be party to it.

Goodbye CommunicatorIC

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
"Why you Namby Pamby panty waist dilettante! We'd rather have you dead than incapable."

Pardon the inaccurate quote, haven't read that piece of garbage in decades, but I can instantly recall that much. lol

You didn't push that at all? Or word clear anyone on it?

Maybe that could be a new coined word; We'ed.

Imagine a movie about We'ed's who come to make other's think like them! I wonder if it's ever happened? Maybe they look like Dandelions.

------------

I don't think a new person out would mind hearing talk like this.

Lol, well there are 492 people reading here (not logged in) at this very moment ... come on in guys (we do bite, but not very hard!).

:biggrin:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron

It isn't above "forgiveness" ... though I have no problem with forgiving people (and myself) when and where it's an issue (and if I want to), it's about making people who are leaving or have left the cult feel welcome here whether they've been shits or not.

Great post Trouble. I think what we have here in this thread is a clash between two different forms of "right" - the right of people who have been abused by the cult to be able to let off steam about it, on the one hand, and the right you describe above - that of those who may have participated in the abuse but now want out - on the other; the right to find a safe environment in which to look afresh in what they were involved in and their own culpability for it.

There probably isn't an easy answer to it, but if it came to a choice, my sympathies would be with the people who were kicked around rather than the "kickers", simply because I can't imagine this board working any other way.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Great post Trouble. I think what we have here though is a clash between two different forms of "right" - the right of people who have been abused by the cult to be able to let off steam about it, and the right you describe above - that of those who may have participated in the abuse but not want out, to find a safe environment in which to look afresh in what they were involved in and their own culpability.

There probably isn't an easy answer to it, but if it came to a choice, my sympathies would be with the people who were kicked around rather than the kickers, simply because I can't imagine this board working any other way.

I think everyone has the 'right' to come here and say what they want to say (within the rules, which are very few) and that's pretty much what we do and it works really well. I do go slightly cold when I see what could be a cultic response to something though, even if (as I said earlier) it's valid in the real world too and much of it is (valid in the real world) and that's partly why we were trapped so easily in the first place ... I love to see people who are now out of scientology, thinking about how they really want to respond (for and as themselves) so they can ensure they are not just automatically going (or being led) back down cult lane, which is ultimately the road straight back to hell.

We've all gone through a weird experience and I see ESMB as the most important place for exes to come to terms with and ultimately become who they really are and (right or wrong) I feel very protective of the environment (in case you haven't noticed, lol).

That's all.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
After I first got out of this toxic cult, I began to read the Spandau Prison diary of Albert Speer. That set the tone for my next few years as it made me see that this guy had been deluded like me into thinking that he was part of a great movement that was going to reform the world into something amazingly good.

Seeing how his point of view changed over the years he spent in prison was a huge eye-opener for me. It took him an age to really understand what he'd been part of and it was fascinating to read - I'm sure it accelerated my own decompression from Co$ enormously.

Because of that, I really only wish the best for anyone who comes out of the cult - hell, I'd love to chat to Deputy Malignant some day after the dust has settled. Not too sure I'd be able to chat to the Fat Fraud Hisself without wanting to inflict serious bodily harm, tho'.:coolwink:

And I'm sure some of the folk who've personally screwed me over big-time I doubt I could chat even socially to - I'm only human too, not trying to say I'm a saint.

I don't condone what Debbie did, but I am sick of folk second-guessing her. I knew her before she became the FSO Captain and apparently went into SO supa-bitch mode - she's a nice person and I'm sad that she turned into a typical SO exec.. I personally refused to "climb the Org Board" myself because, early on in my cult "career," I saw what sort of arseholes my friends turned into when they did that.

It never absolves responsibility for their subsequent evil actions - I don't buy the "Nuremberg defence" at all. But there's a hell of a lot of good folk who've been turned into total turds by this cult.

And the only way I see most of them ever able to face up to that is quietly decompressing and slowly realising the truth about their lives. Turning them into lightning rods for all of "our" upsets with the crap "we" lived IMO does nothing good for any of "us."

Just my own, very personal point of view. I still hate the cult and all others like it, but I can't hold a grudge against those who, like me, went into it thinking they were changing the world for the better.

Just my own, very personal point of view. I still hate the cult and all others like it, but I can't hold a grudge against those who, like me, went into it thinking they were changing the world for the better.

I only knew one super nice highly respected auditor, who turned into a complete asshole as he climbed the SO exec ladder. I believe he has now died of cancer. I will never forget how he virtually would not let me leave the room, until I purchased an expensive product which I did not want. I am so thankful I did very little FSMing, and my very few mild attempts were unsuccessful. I am still working on eradicating a few grudges, against a few people, but I try and remember we were all pawns, in a sick game who were wanting to create a better world. While my intuition was telling me LRH was not a nice person, and did not have the demeanor of one who was a spiritual or advanced leader I was fool enough to fall into the trap.I feel more sorry for people who have family influence which tends to help keep them stuck there.

May the stats be down on Thursday and every other Thursday till the nutcase cult folds altogethor.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
After I first got out of this toxic cult, I began to read the Spandau Prison diary of Albert Speer. That set the tone for my next few years as it made me see that this guy had been deluded like me into thinking that he was part of a great movement that was going to reform the world into something amazingly good.

Seeing how his point of view changed over the years he spent in prison was a huge eye-opener for me. It took him an age to really understand what he'd been part of and it was fascinating to read - I'm sure it accelerated my own decompression from Co$ enormously.

Because of that, I really only wish the best for anyone who comes out of the cult - hell, I'd love to chat to Deputy Malignant some day after the dust has settled. Not too sure I'd be able to chat to the Fat Fraud Hisself without wanting to inflict serious bodily harm, tho'.:coolwink:

And I'm sure some of the folk who've personally screwed me over big-time I doubt I could chat even socially to - I'm only human too, not trying to say I'm a saint.

I don't condone what Debbie did, but I am sick of folk second-guessing her. I knew her before she became the FSO Captain and apparently went into SO supa-bitch mode - she's a nice person and I'm sad that she turned into a typical SO exec.. I personally refused to "climb the Org Board" myself because, early on in my cult "career," I saw what sort of arseholes my friends turned into when they did that.

It never absolves responsibility for their subsequent evil actions - I don't buy the "Nuremberg defence" at all. But there's a hell of a lot of good folk who've been turned into total turds by this cult.

And the only way I see most of them ever able to face up to that is quietly decompressing and slowly realising the truth about their lives. Turning them into lightning rods for all of "our" upsets with the crap "we" lived IMO does nothing good for any of "us."

Good post, but I wish it was that simple; as I said above, I think there's a conflict of rights here that it may not be possible to resolve fully.

I think some people here who have suffered as a result of these "good folk who were turned into total turds" have also benefited from being able to talk frankly about their experiences and offload their anger, even if their comments sometimes seem intemperate and "over the top."

RogerB

Crusader
What is disappointing on this thread is the ranting and venting that lumps on Debbie ALL the crimes of the cult as though she personally had been guilty of the shit OSA pulls or the beatings meted out by Miscavage . . . .

Pretty stupid A=a=A, no?

Debbie did what she did . . . not what others in the cult did.

If you are going to be judgmental judge her for her actions, not some one else's or the cult's total crimes.

What is not being spoken here is that there are also many good people doing or who have done honest and decent service in the cult . . . deluded yes, but not committing crimes or abuses.

Time to differentiate and deal with truth: not deluded "they are all . . . " type think.

RogerB

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
What is disappointing on this thread is the ranting and venting that lumps on Debbie ALL the crimes of the cult as though she personally had been guilty of the shit OSA pulls or the beatings meted out by Miscavage . . . .

Pretty stupid A=a=A, no?

Debbie did what she did . . . not what others in the cult did.

If you are going to be judgmental judge her for her actions, not some one else's or the cult's total crimes.

What is not being spoken here is that there are also many good people doing or who have done honest and decent service in the cult . . . deluded yes, but not committing crimes or abuses.

Time to differentiate and deal with truth: not deluded "they are all . . . " type think.

RogerB

Well, we don't know the truth and I doubt we ever will because she's gagged and it's none of our business anyway which is why we can only talk in general terms.

This thread is about Debbie Cook though not about "good people doing or having done honest and decent service in the cult" ... if it was (and if we had "the truth" about each of them) we could talk specifics but for what purpose? They were deluded (we all were) so after acknowledging that, what is there left to talk about?

:confused2: