What's new

Debbie Cook Moves to Baja, California (Mexico)

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mwahahahaha :hysterical:

Talk about "flourish and prosper!!!!":biggrin:

How's the "hardest-working person I know" (per BFF Tommy C.) choking on these every time they post new adventures - paid for with His money. :roflmao:

Sucks to be a Demented Midget, eh?:yes:

Tick, tock, You cancerous little gnome. You will lose the rest of your pitiful "Empire" really soon.:happydance:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I wonder how many people who got their last penny sucked out of them at Flag are living so well.

Not many, I would think.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Their move is interesting because they posted on July 8, purchasing a new "second hand" car. I suspect their move was strictly financial. Living in Mexico is a whole lot cheaper than living in the Caribbean.

Lone Star

Crusader
Their move is interesting because they posted on July 8, purchasing a new "second hand" car. I suspect their move was strictly financial. Living in Mexico is a whole lot cheaper than living in the Caribbean.

Plus it's in driving range of LA whenever Marty and Mike takeover! :coolwink:

:lol:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
throw-money-into-the-air.png

champagne-088.gif
new-years-eve-emoticon-msn.gif
champagne-088.gif
new-years-eve-emoticon-msn.gif

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
She is a thorn in the dememnted midgets ass.

She did what she did back in the day, but, these days if she pisses off that short little shit she gets a high five from me.

Wonder what it costs to keep the PIs following her ? Lots I hope !

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Photo in the dictionary alongside the definition of: shit-eatin' grin.

02-Wayne-Chillin-on-the-Deck.jpg

That's one supremely happy guy.

Happy dog too.

FoTi

Crusader
Maybe they missed their friends. They are closer now if anybody wants to drive down to Baja to visit with them or they want to drive up to Calif to visit with some other exes. Or maybe they're just getting closer so that when DM falls, they can move in quickly and take over. Maybe, maybe, maybe.....:yes:

I wonder what plans they have......

FoTi

Crusader
I wonder how many people who got their last penny sucked out of them at Flag are living so well.

Not many, I would think.

Their digs look a lot like the Sandcastle accomos. Not too shabby. And they look quite happy living off the donos of the paritioners. Hey look Scienos....this is what your donos really buy.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Their digs look a lot like the Sandcastle accomos. Not too shabby. And they look quite happy living off the donos of the paritioners. Hey look Scienos....this is what your donos really buy.

I can't say I blame them for living well, enjoying their settlement. She was a true believer at one point and went thru a great deal. Admittedly, not everyone comes out it that well ... there have been plenty of suicides and plenty of folk who wound up about as broke as broke can be.

You do raise an interesting point tho ... her lifestyle is paid for by dono's from parishoners. For her sake, I hope her laywer's worked it out such that in the event that the Cof$ goes into its final collapse sequence with no money coming in while she is there on the beach, that it won't affect her retirement. In otherwords, her lawyers should have negotiated that the entire settlement amount be put in some sort of segregated fund that can't be touched by the Cof$ or its creditors when it all goes kablooey.

Pete

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Photo in the dictionary alongside the definition of: shit-eatin' grin.

02-Wayne-Chillin-on-the-Deck.jpg

That's one supremely happy guy.

Happy dog too.

I'm not so sure, but I hope so... The moving around, being isolated from friends and family, the craziness of the legal fight, and then disappointing a huge community of people who embraced and cheered them to take a settlement and gag order, etc... It seems like happiness would be hard to find, even with a nice bank account and tropical surroundings. Obviously, I could be totally wrong but I do at least know the money won't buy them happiness it will have to come from within. If they still actually believe in Scientology it's got to be even worse. I do hope they at least have realized that Scientology does not hold the ultimate answers to their lives or their eternity.

I've also wondered if how does someone like Debbie, who had been trained from teenage years on to be a non-stop producer who doesn't know the meaning of time off transition to living in retirement with endless time on her hands? I remember reading about Jeff Hawkins and it took years for him to be able to enjoy down time, but he still works nd keeps very busy at that.

I've known a few Ex-SO and to a person they were unrelentingly productive and did not particularly like or enjoy "doing nothing." Being productive and working was a necessary ingredient for balance and happiness in their lives - which having an outstanding work ethic is a great thing as long as it's not the only thing. They learned to have down time, hobbies, relax but that had to go hand in hand with
having a busy work life/ being productive too.

With that in mind I've wondered how Debbie, and to lesser degree Wayne, have managed suddenly having a sort of life of leisure. They are living in places that amount to permanent vacation/ retirement communities and without local economies with work for westerners. For a hard driving SO vet it has to be quite an adjustment. I noticed on Wayne's blog he had posted photos of some beginner paintings, not sure if it was his or Debbie's, but it's hard to imagine the former Flag captain being a beach bum and trying her hand at amateur landscape paintings. (I will say however her farting around and creating tacky paintings is far better contribution to the world than being part of the CoS Flag machine, which only caused harm and spread BS.)

I'd be curious to hear thoughts on this radical life change, and how you think Cook would adjust to it, by other long term SO vets here. I'd also very much like to hear about your own experiences trying to change from a life of non-stop work and production demands to a normal life where you're supposed to have a life outside of work and free time on your hands.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
The problem I have with her is that she does not appear to have any remorse for the things she did. She ws a party to the intimidation and defrauding of Maria Pia Gardini. I don't care that she's a true believer in Scn "tech"- but I do care that she still defends (AFAIK) the more unsavory practices.

Some of the most oft criticized practices of the cult are the prices and the regging. And I get that if you're a member you'll do things you wouldn't do later, if you were to leave. I get that. Our views change when and if we leave. But you know, every ex here who posts, mentions their changes of heart and what was wrong with the organization, how they would not do the same things now that they did then, etc.

Has Cook done so anywhere? Did I miss that?

Hatshepsut

Crusader
They're renting. It's an old tourists' condo. The Gold Coast over here is inundated with Florida 'white trash'. Big deal.....they're living on the beach with used furniture, hard mattresses, no privacy from the neighbours, so what :confused2:. Where's the huge self-congratulatory splurge? Don't envy the luxury of living on the water!! It ain't necessarily all that. That shit eating grin may very well be that they're in DM's back yard going Nyeah Nyeah...nyeah :happydance:

I agree with Smilla that it does leave a bad taste in one's mouth to see someone enjoying financial security and well being after having lead others down the garden path....but whether they've already suffered 'enough' is not on my plate. Karma is a 'natural' thing. But Debbie still believes in the 'tech' and she will not conclude that she has deliberately deluded anyone. They may be getting ready to set up shop with some kind of 'therapy'.... U.S. citizens are famous for crossing the border for such self-rescues. Would this be Good or Bad? There's a Disneyland and a Disney World, now we could possibly have a Debbieland on the Pacific Coast as well as a Marty World on the Gulf Coast. ( both have now advertised their beautiful milieu to the public...) Oy vey.

Last edited:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
You remember how they used to make doggy chew toys of political figures like Bill Clinton and George Bush? I wonder how much it would cost to have a bunch made up that look like David Miscavige and ship a case of em to that hound?