What's new

Debbie Cook on the RPF?

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
Ms. Cook

At a FSO staff meeting in 2005, Ms. Cook briefed us on her recent trip to Int. base. She was very impressed with how "everybody RAN!" ...just so wonderful how snap and Pop everyone was! (gag me with a spoon, Debbie). Mike

JohnMccMaster

Patron with Honors
Debbie Cook is still CO Flag

Debbie Cook is still CO Flag. The source magazine that all this is gleaned from merely says that Beth Stilo is CO Flag Crew

Little Bear Victor

At a FSO staff meeting in 2005, Ms. Cook briefed us on her recent trip to Int. base. She was very impressed with how "everybody RAN!" ...just so wonderful how snap and Pop everyone was! (gag me with a spoon, Debbie). Mike

It is true, though. If you don't run outside when DM is on the base, you'll end up in an RTC sec check to find out how come you have so much time to waste while DM is doing your job. That's how snap, crackle and pop we were.

Victor

Pascal

I know that there is a new D/ED in FSO. A Mexican powerhouse. Great guy. I hope he replaces Debbie.

aradia

Patron
Hello all! I'm new to the board. This is my first post. So far it looks like a great forum. (Nice job, Emma!)

I'm not privy to any in depth Flag data, but as of last week, Debbie Cook is still giving briefings as the Captain FSO. Just gave a briefing re how all Scios need to be on their Basics Books courses and get everyone else in the field on them as well.
I have heard from a reliable source she'll likely be moving up the org board soon, tho I haven't heard in what capacity.

Aradia

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello all! I'm new to the board. This is my first post. So far it looks like a great forum. (Nice job, Emma!)

I'm not privy to any in depth Flag data, but as of last week, Debbie Cook is still giving briefings as the Captain FSO. Just gave a briefing re how all Scios need to be on their Basics Books courses and get everyone else in the field on them as well.
I have heard from a reliable source she'll likely be moving up the org board soon, tho I haven't heard in what capacity.

Aradia

Welcome to the board, Arcadia! :)

It sounds like you are near Flag and can check out events and such?

The rumours re Debbie Cook are that she will be on a Sr. post in Int management when the new team currently in training moves in.

aradia

Patron

Thanks, Kookaburra.

This is true

The rumours re Debbie Cook are that she will be on a Sr. post in Int management when the new team currently in training moves in.

I could see that. She definitely seems happy and totally excited about what she's doing. She's very "with the program" and very much a yes man for any programs that come down the pike.:yes: :yes:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I could see that. She definitely seems happy and totally excited about what she's doing. She's very "with the program" and very much a yes man for any programs that come down the pike.:yes: :yes:

Unfortunately, that means she is a yes man for DM.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

I am surprised that she would be moving to INt - after all she blew and was recovered, I would have thought that was an out-qual.

Mind you with the thinning out I guess anyone with a room temp IQ will do. After all how much intelligence do you need to route yourself to the RPF?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I am surprised that she would be moving to INt - after all she blew and was recovered, I would have thought that was an out-qual.

I've had other similar questions recently about staff, and "quals".

I think that, like everything else in Scientology these days, if DM wants it, it's on policy. And if he doesn't want it, it's off policy.

Policy gets determined from moment to moment depending on what he decides.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I've had other similar questions recently about staff, and "quals".

I think that, like everything else in Scientology these days, if DM wants it, it's on policy. And if he doesn't want it, it's off policy.

Policy gets determined from moment to moment depending on what he decides.

POLICY AND TECH. (You got sick of it on the admin side, I got sick of it on the tech side. Together we make one full disagreement!!!!!!!!!):eyeroll:

cayce-case-um

Patron with Honors
I was thinking about Debbie's claim of $1B held in reserve in IAS funds.

That much money would spin off $50M interest annually at a flat 5% without touching the principle, thus giving CoS a significant income stream forever -- or at least till some future century or year when inflation eroded the value.

In comparison to $50M annual interest, the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) appears to run on an annual budget of around $199.8M (see http://www.cpmissions.net/2003/pdf/10-11ProoposedBudgetAnnualpage60.pdf) -- or 0.004 of what CoS likely gets just from interest (setting aside other sources of income).

Scientology has maybe around 78K adherents in the US as of around 2004 -- but the SBC in the same year had around 16.4M adherents (http://www.adherents.com/rel_USA.html#religions). That's around 210 Southern Baptists per Scientologist.

Now, the SBC says it gets about 16.46% of its budget from investments and interest (http://www.namb.net/annualreport/). 16.46% of $199.8M = $32,887,080. That's about 2/3 the interest/investment income of CoS even though it has 210 times as many members. What's wrong with this picture? (Such a slush fund could sure by a lot of "noisy investigations" of people like, say, Debbie Cook.)

My own opinion? Sadness that the human race puts so much in resources into religion in general. What could we do with education in areas like science? What kind of space exploration could we do? What would colonies on the moon, Mars, and say Titan look like? Our concrete work too often involves ways to kill one another or kill other living things. Our abstract work too often involves a weird confusion between reality and our desired beliefs in invisible, unprovable things that may not exist. However we got it, we have been bequeathed the ability to reason, and yet we abandon it when someone says we must not be "reason"-able.

cayce-case-um

Patron with Honors
Oops -- that .0004 should of course be SBC annual budget of about 4X what CoS theoretically gets from interest alone.

The analysis above is not precise and is not exactly apples to apples. CoS no doubt has many other investments (and income from investments) than just the $1B reserve, for example.

It would be very interesting to see CoS annual financial report. I bet they are required to provide that to the IRS. Does anyone know how to find it? Debbie's claims of such a big reserve might actually be hidden in the details of such an annual financial report.