What's new

Debbie Cook responds to SP times (Tampa Bay Times)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Nothing will be different for Debbie. The Scientology "standard tech" will be applied fully to her. She either shuts up immediately (and stops committing suppressive acts), and does some heavy duty Liability Formula fast, or she gets declared. :yes:

There is no other option within the framework of Hubbard's "ethics and justice system". :no:

That she might think that any other option is possible simply exhibits how DELUSIONAL she is. But then she IS a severely over-indoctrinated Scientology lemming. "Deluded" goes with the territory! :ohmy:

Here is one of the weirdnesses of Scientology.

Debbie is applying Ron's tech (KSW, Ethics Gradients, KRs, et al)

She is "doing what Ron would do".

That's why she is willing to sacrifice herself. For Ron and his policies/tech.

Except Ron didn't follow his policies and tech.

She is doubly deluded by thinking that the tech works and that Ron follows it.

She doesn't know that neither of her stable datums are stable.

That is not knowing how to know.

Last edited:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
We've all forged our own way. The cult does indeed try to limit people's options. They've never offered the option, for example, of starting what they call a squirrel group. Yet Alan Walters and Marty Rathbun have done so. Others did, too, but I'm giving examples of people who publicly speak out or had spoken out under their own names and who weren't persecuted or intimidated into stopping.

So Debbie is taking a path that was not offered to her as one of her choices. She's speaking out again and again publicly. Culties aren't authorized to speak out to even write anything POSITIVE about Scn publicly, let alone write one iota of criticism.

IMO, Cook has much to answer for - things she's done. Just read Maria Pia Gardini's depositions. But Cook is, nonetheless, forging her own path and doing things the cult definitely did not authorize in any way whatsoever.

sp declared

Patron with Honors
The CofS will change when the right arrests are made and the right stuff comes out in court. Until then they'll carry on just as they always have. Hopefully people will leave because of Debbie's actions, but that doesn't mean that anything much will change for those who stay in.

Even though I don't agree with your view on the technology, I do agree with you on this one.

There will never be internal reformation of the church of scientology until the FBI or some other law enforcement agency steps in and makes some arrests.

Even if tomorrow morning Mark Yager, Guillame Lesevre and Norman Starkey would all leave at once and joined Debbie and Marty, the C. of S. would continue under the rule of DM and teh majority of the parishionners would say "Ah those bastards THEY were the SP's...".

We tend to forget history: when David Mayo left he was much more powerful than Debbie ever was. He was the Snr C/S Int under LRH. When Vicky Azanaran left, she was IG. Jesse Prince, Gleeson, Robertson, the powerful Mission Holders: nothing has changed for the C. of S.

Reformation will occur, if ever, after law enforcement steps in. That would be enough of a shock to get parishionners to change their mind.

SD

Reformation will occur, if ever, after law enforcement steps in. That would be enough of a shock to get parishioners to change their mind.
Those are true words - the C of S is small fry in the grand scheme of things in the FBI's eyes, with all those damn terrorists driving around in vans full of fertilizer bombs, blowing s++t up every other day....

Mimsey

Even though I don't agree with your view on the technology, I do agree with you on this one.

There will never be internal reformation of the church of scientology until the FBI or some other law enforcement agency steps in and makes some arrests.

Even if tomorrow morning Mark Yager, Guillame Lesevre and Norman Starkey would all leave at once and joined Debbie and Marty, the C. of S. would continue under the rule of DM and teh majority of the parishionners would say "Ah those bastards THEY were the SP's...".

We tend to forget history: when David Mayo left he was much more powerful than Debbie ever was. He was the Snr C/S Int under LRH. When Vicky Azanaran left, she was IG. Jesse Prince, Gleeson, Robertson, the powerful Mission Holders: nothing has changed for the C. of S.

Reformation will occur, if ever, after law enforcement steps in. That would be enough of a shock to get parishionners to change their mind.

SD

And before that

Bill Franks and Alan Walter

And before that

John McMaster

And before that

Jack Horner

And along the way A.E. Van Vogt, Julia Salmon, Wing and Smokey Angel, Nibs, many more....

Debbie Cook has the internet.

Even my friends who are OT 7 & 8 are on line daily.

When John McMaster walked away in 1970, snail mail and all the Central Files addresses on the globe, would not have created this immediate a sensation.

She is in the right place at the right time.

Whoever her team consists of, they deserve huge kudos for a job Very Well Done. It is a team effort. She isn't winging this on her own.

What did LRH say about one Clear versus a group of Clears Getting things done?

sp declared

Patron with Honors
And before that

Debbie Cook has the internet. Even my friends who are OT 7 & 8 are on line daily. When John McMaster walked away in 1970, snail mail and all the Central Files addresses on the globe, would not have created this immediate a sensation.

I am not saying she'll not do any dammage to DM's army. She just kicked him badly with a painful blow. However Debbie (and her team?) will not bring about reformation.

The last "reformation" that occurred in Scientology history was when the GO was dismantled. In order for that to occur the FBI had to step in. In order for reformation to occur now DM will have to do a mistake of magnitude like getting arrested for something or the other.

SD

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
..snip...
That she might think that any other option is possible simply exhibits how DELUSIONAL she is. But then she IS a severely over-indoctrinated Scientology lemming. "Deluded" goes with the territory! :ohmy:

...snip...
She is doubly deluded by thinking that the tech works and that Ron follows it.

If we add Gadfly's 'Debbie is Delusional' to HH's 'Debbie is Doubly Deluded' that makes Debbie Deluded to the 3rd power.

NOW this is all making sense to me! :thumbsup:

Throw in a Comm Ev convened by DM and we've got Scientology!

Smilla

Ordinary Human
And before that

Bill Franks and Alan Walter

And before that

John McMaster

And before that

Jack Horner

And along the way A.E. Van Vogt, Julia Salmon, Wing and Smokey Angel, Nibs, many more....

Debbie Cook has the internet.

Even my friends who are OT 7 & 8 are on line daily.

When John McMaster walked away in 1970, snail mail and all the Central Files addresses on the globe, would not have created this immediate a sensation.

She is in the right place at the right time.

Whoever her team consists of, they deserve huge kudos for a job Very Well Done. It is a team effort. She isn't winging this on her own.

Absolutely so. Totalitarianism only works in closed systems. Once the borders loosen up the grip starts to falter. Totalitarianism's most important weapon is instilled ignorance, and that applies as much to Scientology as South Korea. From that point of view, Debbie's email constitutes à true emergency. Anything from outside is a threat.

It's not going to bring down Miscavige, but it's going to scare him badly.

I am not saying she'll not do any dammage to DM's army. She just kicked him badly with a painful blow. However Debbie (and her team?) will not bring about reformation.

The last "reformation" that occurred in Scientology history was when the GO was dismantled. In order for that to occur the FBI had to step in. In order for reformation to occur now DM will have to do a mistake of magnitude like getting arrested for something or the other.

SD

I, actually think, it is more like a thousand paper cuts that will bring Dave's Cult down. The FBI , IRS, etc have bigger fish to fry (Barry Bonds, for instance).

Each and every single person, who we swing away from this large scale S / M (sado - masochism) with $$$$ operation brings it closer to death throes.

Also, there is always the chance Gottabrain's research into the (really under reported) money laundering, that has gone unreported so far, will be the NAIL that puts Dave in the cross hairs.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The last "reformation" that occurred in Scientology history was when the GO was dismantled. In order for that to occur the FBI had to step in.

Nope. The FBI raid occurred in July 1977. The GO was disbanded in 1983 per that Wikipedia article. As I remember it, it got shredded around 1982 (months and months of a large truck taking shredded GOWW issues from the Manor to the concrete slab at Saint Hill where the incinerator was) and there was really nothing visible at org level for a year or so before OSA got announced.

Paul

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

Wasn't it about a lone OT (Hubbard in Rhodesia) compared to a group of OTs? And wasn't it said just before the start of a "group of OTs" called the Sea Org?

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

SD

And before that was the reformation of 1968, when Hubbard announced the "Reform Code" and abolished Fair Game, Disconnection, and Security Checking.

And I just read that Marty Rathbun's second book, after he writes the first one, which will bring to an end any and all LRH besmirching, will be called 'The Scientology Reformation'.

Nobody reforms quite like Scientology does! :eyeroll:

Watch a Scientologist - dressed as a minister - being contrite. From a 1980 '60 minutes program' (after 8:06 is another 60 Minutes program from the mid 1990s.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF99yYCE8wI&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL9B08CE1ECC42AD32

Gadfly

Crusader

SD

That was a PRETENSE of a "reformation". The Church of Scientology pretended to be taking actions to disband the "big bad renegade GO", and instead, carried on with business as usual with OSA (operating on the SAME LRH advices).

The C of S has NEVER reformed, though it has pretended to every great once in awhile when external forces require it.

And before that was the reformation of 1968, when Hubbard announced the "Reform Code" and abolished Fair Game, Disconnection, and Security Checking.

And I just read that Marty Rathbun's second book, after he writes the first one, which will bring to an end any and all LRH besmirching, will be called 'The Scientology Reformation'.

Nobody reforms quite like Scientology does! :eyeroll:

I have (and use) a sealing wax stamp from my great grandfather, that says:
"Words~Deeds."

The "words" of Scientology do not match the "deeds."

Even your quotes from the un publicized works, don't deliver the full impact of the dominator / submissive aspects of the scio culture, and the co-dependant nature of the churchies.

That was a PRETENSE of a "reformation". The Church of Scientology pretended to be taking actions to disband the "big bad renegade GO", and instead, carried on with business as usual with OSA (operating on the SAME LRH advices).

The C of S has NEVER reformed, though it has pretended to every great once in awhile when external forces require it.

actually there have been several very real reforms. numerous gross and egregious practices such as telling people auditing cures cancer were stopped. and there have been many more merely cosmetic changes most notably the fair game cancellation which didn't cancel fair game.

but the most needed reforms are unlikely. they are too well cloaked and like prisoners of war tied to the front of a tank they are sheilded by the goodhearted decent people who are the majority

the powerless deceived majority

elwood

Patron with Honors
Back to the subject of "Debbie Cook responds to SP Times"; how many here believe that Debbie wrote the response? Doesn't it read a lot like a typical Sci-lawyer PR piece?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
It reads to me like someone who is sticking to the game plan of getting her message across to CofS scientologists. We'll see if it works soon enough.

What I've been saying for the last couple of years is that he's the perfect criminal to run a criminal organization.

And BTW, nice post Trinity, you've always been my favorite "never in". :thumbsup:

And BTW, nice post Trinity, Well, I totally agree here!

But as for THIS: Trinity, you've always been my favorite "never in". :ohmy:

:touched: B..bb...but Thrakie,....I...I thought...I was your favorite!!!! :bigcry: