What's new

Debbie Cook strikes back

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Infinite: What "Marty's blog says" and reality are not always aligned.

Yes, that's right. Marty has CLAIMED to have wormed his way into the defence team AND what Marty says is sometimes inconsistent with reality, YET he is being quoted by people like the Tortega as some sort of credible source and, thus, is now involved in the public dialogue. Believe me, I'd much rather NOT talk about Marty in relation to Debbie Cook's trial, but that would mean ignoring the obvious.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tr-4: I really got that thing you said, whatever you're talking about, I really really really duplicate you in the fullest sense of everything that is standard and ethical for the greatest good. Okay? Okay? Okay? Nowwwwwww.....I will repeat the auditing question: DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY KNOW IF MARTY GAVE THE DONATION MONEY HE RAISED TO DEBBIE COOK? :big grin:

I'm warning you people, we are going to keep you here all night if you don't start answering my questions. :hysterical:

I was wondering what you were on about, because I could have sworn that the statement was here:
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/02/02/beyond-the-pale-of-what-a-human-being-should-endure/

Before I start suggesting anything....

Did anyone else see a statement along the lines of....I have transferred all the money collected here to Debbie's own collection point at her website and in future all donations must go directly there .....?

Just before this -

To those who haven’t and wish to contribute, you can do so at Debbie’s personal webpage (see donate to legal defense fund notice in upper right hand margin): Debbie’s legal defense fund.

It seems odd I would read so much into the words I quoted above.

Natalie, did you see it too?

Edit: The reason I started this post was to quote the paragraph. I hit reply to thread, opened up the shack and...where is it?... That is how sure I was that it was there.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tr-4: I really got that thing you said, whatever you're talking about, I really really really duplicate you in the fullest sense of everything that is standard and ethical for the greatest good. Okay? Okay? Okay? Nowwwwwww.....I will repeat the auditing question: DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY KNOW IF MARTY GAVE THE DONATION MONEY HE RAISED TO DEBBIE COOK? :big grin:

I'm warning you people, we are going to keep you here all night if you don't start answering my questions. :hysterical:

Ok, ok!

You really impinged on me, HH!

So I will try to answer your question!

It goes like this:

Marty collected money for Debbie.

Debbie created a website with Donate button.

Marty may or may not clicked that button.

So as many other, Scientologists, Indies, Freezoners,
Ex-Scientologists, Anons, wogs.

No one really knows. Yet. :biggrin: :coolwink:

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Also, I would like to re-post here something relevant I just wrote on this thread:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?26157-ACA-on-Debbie-Cook-s-trial&p=655805#post655805

Re: ACA on Debbie Cook's trial

Quote Originally Posted by WildKat
She already took the money - $50,000. As did her husband. You think they'll offer her more at this point??

All she needs to do is get a contract for a million or so from a publisher or producer, give the $100,000 back to the church (what they paid for her silence - now contract null and void), and then let loose with all the details, and I'm sure she's got some doozies!

Give us the deets Debbie!!!

Call it "DEBBIE DOES DM" - woo-hoo!

Yeah, but I am talking the real money, not DM's pocket change she and her husband already got.

A million or so from a publisher/producer is a good idea. I just hope she will choose that (if offered),
despite of much nicer DM's offer (hypothetically, $10+ millions, $100+ millions of dollars?) to STFU forever...

We are not talking about some little SP who no one pays attention to. DM knows it, Scientology staff and public knows it.
Debbie generated a lot of attention from within Scientology, rightfully so. Add media/Internet.
This sort of situation never happened before.

The way I see it, at this point - can a true Scientologist (Debbie Cook) who wants a reform/things to be on source again
- refuse lots of money in exchange for silence?

Either way is going to be very telling. And very entertaining.
:)

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Ok, ok!

You really impinged on me, HH!

So I will try to answer your question!

It goes like this:

Marty collected money for Debbie.

Debbie created a website with Donate button.

Marty may or may not clicked that button.

So as many other, Scientologists, Indies, Freezoners,
Ex-Scientologists, Anons, wogs.

No one really knows. Yet. :biggrin: :coolwink:

Ahhhh, an answer! Thannnnnnnk You. Good to know.

Now, I'll just keep asking that same question again and again until the com lag flattens out 3 times in a row.

:biggrin:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
But OK - lets take YOUR hopeful view. Let's say Debbie gets the agreement annulled.

What happens next?

That's a good question.

To me, personally, it almost doesn't matter if she wins or loses. The noise and the bad PR generated for COS will be the same regardless.

The big problem the church has with this, IMO, is that everything that Debbie wrote in her email is an observable fact for anyone who is onlines at an org. It's not the same as Int execs in the Hole or DM beating people up. There's not the same "he said she said" about it.

People get sucked dry for money as soon as they step foot into an org. If you have been in an org any time in at least the last 20 years, you know that.

The church can sue her for saying that. They may win. They may lose. It doesn't change the fact that it's the truth, it happens, and everyone knows it.

I definitely don't disagree with you about Debbie Cook, Mick. To me, she's not really the point of any of this.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
That's a good question.

To me, personally, it almost doesn't matter if she wins or loses. The noise and the bad PR generated for COS will be the same regardless.

The big problem the church has with this, IMO, is that everything that Debbie wrote in her email is an observable fact for anyone who is onlines at an org. It's not the same as Int execs in the Hole or DM beating people up. There's not the same "he said she said" about it.

People get sucked dry for money as soon as they step foot into an org. If you have been in an org any time in at least the last 20 years, you know that.

The church can sue her for saying that. They may win. They may lose. It doesn't change the fact that it's the truth, it happens, and everyone knows it.

I definitely don't disagree with you about Debbie Cook, Mick. To me, she's not really the point of any of this.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Scientology-tiff-hits-Bexar-court-2996788.php

Pouw said Cook has been expelled from the church and never held an important post.

This is the kind of shit this is generating that I'm talking about. Now how can anyone deny that Cook held an important post? Even the most dedicated Scientologist has to feel a little...uncomfortable about statements like this.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Scientology-tiff-hits-Bexar-court-2996788.php

Pouw said Cook has been expelled from the church and never held an important post.

This is the kind of shit this is generating that I'm talking about. Now how can anyone deny that Cook held an important post? Even the most dedicated Scientologist has to feel a little...uncomfortable about statements like this.

Cook never held an important post <==> Tom Cruise is the world's most dedicated Scientologist

QED

Rd00

That line is very standard. Just saw a video of Tom Davis saying that about an escapee. But where's TOM now? Karin Prouw might be saying it about him soon?

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
That's because the statement you are remembering was under another post.

On his Flag Services Org vs Debbie Cook, (here http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/flag-services-org-inc-v-debbie-cook/

Marty says:
All donations made at this blog will be transfered to Debbie’s defense fund.  All future donations to the defense of Wayne and Debbie should be made directly to Debbie’s site.

I think he's put up so many posts so quickly, on a variety of subject, (Marty = Alamo hero anyone?) his offhand, aside about the funds quickly got lost in the fray.

If they had not been in contact before, Marty's plan of dangling money in front of her face to join the team worked. I have a hunch she was solo (or at least had nothing to do with Marty)at first, given Martys behavior when the letter first circulated. I think Marty had made several ovetures to Debbie since she moved to Texas and had been given the cold shoulder. Marty doesn't take kindly to the non-ass kissing kind.

I was wondering what you were on about, because I could have sworn that the statement was here:
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/02/02/beyond-the-pale-of-what-a-human-being-should-endure/

Before I start suggesting anything....

Did anyone else see a statement along the lines of....I have transferred all the money collected here to Debbie's own collection point at her website and in future all donations must go directly there .....?

Just before this -

It seems odd I would read so much into the words I quoted above.

Natalie, did you see it too?

Edit: The reason I started this post was to quote the paragraph. I hit reply to thread, opened up the shack and...where is it?... That is how sure I was that it was there.

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
That's because the statement you are remembering was under another post.

On his Flag Services Org vs Debbie Cook, (here http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/flag-services-org-inc-v-debbie-cook/

Marty says:

I think he's put up so many posts so quickly, on a variety of subject, (Marty = Alamo hero anyone?) his offhand, aside about the funds quickly got lost in the fray.

If they had not been in contact before, Marty's plan of dangling money in front of her face to join the team worked. I have a hunch she was solo (or at least had nothing to do with Marty)at first, given Martys behavior when the letter first circulated. I think Marty had made several ovetures to Debbie since she moved to Texas and had been given the cold shoulder. Marty doesn't take kindly to the non-ass kissing kind.

I don't know, I'm thinking they have been in touch, though probably not directly and definitely not at the time she sent that email. I don't think Debbie just had a few too many on New Year's Eve and decided to email a few thousand of her closest friends. I think her email was calculated.

I took the "stay away from Debbie" admonishment two ways - one, Debbie was asserting that she wasn't in contact with us Espees so us Espees should help her out and stay out of contact, and two, Debbie is in doubt about whether she will proceed with her case or cave into Miscavige's demands/bribes/coersions/blackmail. I'd say she made her mind up on the latter.

I know I'm an eternal optimist but I SO hope that we've all underestimated Mike and Marty. I hope that it will turn out that they've been diligently working to find and break the cracks in church armor and that the rest is just an elaborate shore story intended to distract Miscavige and his minions while they got things moving behind the scenes. Maybe we should all re-watch the fishing vids!! ZOMG they may be in code.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

But Lulu you and I know that most on line scientologists will go out of their way to NOT read that.

And yes the public do know about being regged - if they are public they KNOW how they have been treated.

But they still go to the CofS.

Maybe this will be the dissonance that breaks the spell for some people, if it does then something good will have come out of it.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
But Lulu you and I know that most on line scientologists will go out of their way to NOT read that.

And yes the public do know about being regged - if they are public they KNOW how they have been treated.

But they still go to the CofS.

Maybe this will be the dissonance that breaks the spell for some people, if it does then something good will have come out of it.

Ahhhhhh It should be: One would *think* this were true.
("Maybe this will be the dissonance that breaks the spell"
However, (To anyone unfamiliar with Scientology)...please keep in mind, Scientologists are brainwashed against "Thinking" (As it's near the bottom of the Know-to-Mystery Scale). Granted *some* peeps
began using their critical thinking sooner than others, and THUS LEFT>>>>
but for we who remained, it was different.

I remember reading a "KR" someone had written on David Miscavige, 15 years ago or more. Yes, it was spot on. However, these factors were still in play:

First of all----it was only to limited (OSA Volunteers and some staff)
people who saw it. Prolly the same for most if not all of this re Debbie Cook.

Secondly: IF anyone was 'Enturbulated" by this KR, they were called
in and handled....and of course told "Do NOT discuss this with others" or
some such form. I wasn't upset by it--so I cannot say, personally. No doubt
they're showed LRH References "Proving" what they're saying IS true. This DID
happen with me when I worked with RPR (Ron's Public Relations Office-responsible
for keeping Hubbard's *name* clean, and I was hired there to help "Get Dianetics
Up to #1--which we did, and then were "let go") in the mid 80's.
I was told by the media: "We want to Interview L Ron Hubbard's Son" (Who had, per them, co-authored a book against Hubbard). :omg:

Third: Most of we "OT's" who were "in" on the "Top Secret Info" just
laughed at it and agreed "He (The guy who wrote this KR) must have HUGE Overts (bad deeds) someone missed".

Hopefully, with the Net (which wasn't around then).....people WILL
look. However, I know for a fact some still "in" are not looking, at all.

Time shall tell. Tick Tock, Tick Tock: Time IS on *our* side! :cheers:

:rose:

Best to ALL :yes:

Tory/Magoo :coolwink:

Last edited:

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
Cook never held an important post <==> Tom Cruise is the world's most dedicated Scientologist

QED

Rd00

The ONLY ONE who ever held an important cult post is David Miscaviage...once you
understand that, there is no real problem with the statement about Debbie Cook.
Same goes for "most dedicated Scientologist...its Davey...Tom Cruise IS
dedicated ($dollar wise) but surely not "most" dedicated when compared to
the Dear Leader.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The newspaper article says, "Pouw said Cook has been expelled from the church and never held an important post." The article did not directly quote Pouw. Pouw's words were that Debbie had “never held a senior management position.”

I'll just quote a post I made on another thread:

When I was at ITO in the Hollywood Guarantee Building, most of the HGB orgs were labelled "Upper Middle Management." The FOLOs were "Lower Middle Management." Int was "Top [Int] Management," aka "Senior Management." OSA Int (Karin's org) was considered in with the Int peeps, not the Upper-Middle peeps, although they shared the same building. The planet's service orgs were in the lowest echelon, although FSO and FSSO were above the rest.

Debbie was in my courseroom very briefly in the early 90s.

So for the 5000 people on the planet familiar with the Command Channels booklet, Karin Pouw's statement makes sense. For the rest, well. . . .

Paul

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
The newspaper article says, "Pouw said Cook has been expelled from the church and never held an important post." The article did not directly quote Pouw. Pouw's words were that Debbie had “never held a senior management position.”

I'll just quote a post I made on another thread:

Interesting. Since when does expelled get the luxury of a NDA.

Generaly corporations will in lieu of firing an executive will offer an NDA and an agreement that the person has resigned.

If they are saying that Debbie is expelled and it was really a LOA with an NDA then the Church is in violation right there with tat statement.

That would be akin to a corporation setting a resignation agreement with an NDA and then turning around and saying later that they fired the executive.

Mr. Baker will you please chime in and find fault with my statements above and put me in my proper place please.

Rd00

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Allow me. :)

Someone is assuming she got expelled at the same time as the NDA. Per her email she thought she was in good standing. Maybe they expelled her *after* the email came out.

Paul