What's new

Debbie Cook strikes back

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Re: MY first shoop. Debbie of arc.

I think Mr Baker knows that and just did not make it redundantly definitive to others that the last paragraph is subjective.

I think he does that a lot. I could be wrong.

Mark, do you do that a lot? a little? hardly at all?

Maybe now is a good time for a Gahan Wilson cartoon?

Rd00

Please! :hysterical:

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
Tony O. just posted this update on his article "Scientology, Deposed? Debbie Cook Goes on the Offensive"

UPDATE: Joe Childs and Tom Tobin of the Tampa Bay Times have a startling new detail about the Cook lawsuit tonight. They report that in 2009, Cook and her husband Wayne Baumgarten were alarmed when Church operatives showed up on San Antonio to talk to them, and, worried about their safety, purchased a gun. Cook's attorney Ray Jeffrey says that it's more evidence that the couple not only signed their 2007 agreement under duress, but have been under duress ever since.

Tampa Bay Times article can be read here.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Here's a little of the article:

Ex-Scientology leader Debbie Cook tells of fear and pursuit by church officers
The call rattled Debbie Cook and her husband, Wayne Baumgarten.

Starting new lives in San Antonio, Texas, after working decades for the Church of Scientology, they picked up the phone in August 2009 and were stunned when church security officer Kathy True said she and two other staffers were in town to see them.

Could they come to the couple's home?

No, Cook said. She had thought True was coming alone. Cook suggested a public place, a restaurant.

It was a tense time for Scientology. A few weeks earlier, four high-ranking defectors had spoken out about abusive practices in church management ranks. Now, three big names wanted to make sure Cook and Baumgarten stayed in the fold.

Before going to the restaurant, Baumgarten bought a handgun.

G

Gottabrain

Hush and Shhhhh! BUT ---

Here's a bit of inside skinny...

I have a friend I've known for many years way back when I was in the SO. We found each other again recently.

This person has very high certificates and things and a great reputation. This person is not on any of the Boards, not on FB. This person personally knows and is loved by more than 3/4 or more of the active Scns (who have been around for at least 5 years) in America and godonlyknows how many ex's. A friend is a friend is a friend to this person.

This person is still fully IN. Highly respected. An opinion leader. A tremendous person in (his/her) own right. And said to me:

I think the Debbie Cook thing is interesting as heck. I applaud her for pointing out the off policy things she has. Geesh, if we can't agree on policy, what is left?!

So I'm going wow, wow wow wow. Because if my friend knows all about it, just about ALL the Scns inside know about it. If my friend feels that way, well...

...I think we can start doing a countdown of DAYS LEFT TO THE CULT.

Hush and Shhhhh! BUT ---

Here's a bit of inside skinny...

I have a friend I've known for many years way back when I was in the SO. We found each other again recently.

This person has very high certificates and things and a great reputation. This person is not on any of the Boards, not on FB. This person personally knows and is loved by more than 3/4 or more of the active Scns (who have been around for at least 5 years) in America and godonlyknows how many ex's. A friend is a friend is a friend to this person.

This person is still fully IN. Highly respected. An opinion leader. A tremendous person in (his/her) own right. And said to me:

I think the Debbie Cook thing is interesting as heck. I applaud her for pointing out the off policy things she has. Geesh, if we can't agree on policy, what is left?!

So I'm going wow, wow wow wow. Because if my friend knows all about it, just about ALL the Scns inside know about it. If my friend feels that way, well...

...I think we can start doing a countdown of DAYS LEFT TO THE CULT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZJX2pEAsyw

Mark A. Baker :coolwink: