Debbie's Interview

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's a little nap time for oh so many... :)

Cool post! But, do you mind keeping your voice down, because...

shhh2-1-1.jpg

So cute... :)

15xvblt.jpg

TG1

Angelic Poster
I finally had a chance to watch all Debbie’s post-TRO hearing interview clips, where she took questions from the media.

At the end of the last video – when “Joe” (I assumed it was Joe Childs of Tampa Bay Times) asked Debbie how she imagined the Church of Scientology might possibly recover from so many hits against its reputation (I’m paraphrasing his question), Debbie muttered and stuttered and, finally, essentially said only that she didn’t have an answer at this time other than that other groups had figured out ways to throw out the bad and reform themselves.

Although I have no basis other than my own projections for thinking this, the impression I took from her response, facial expressions and other non-verbal cues was that she also thinks the church is toast and cannot be resurrected. However, my interpretation is likely influenced by my own hope that the CoS will crumble and die.

Finally, to contribute my own unsubstantiated opinion to the discussion about whether Debbie is angling to be “the one” or part of a team to take over a reformed CoS, I would be very surprised if she has such aspirations. I know others who have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and NONE of them is looking for a high-stress job. To a person, if they’re still working at all they have down-sized their jobs and career aspirations and focus on their nutrition, exercise, drugs (Rx, homeopathic, naturopathic, etc.) to try to manage their symptoms (aches and pains, extreme fatigue, reduced mobility, depression, reduced powers of mental focus and concentration, etc.). Being the CEO of anything, much less an infamous cult, is not in the cards for a fibromyalgia patient.

Despite my spirited defense of her last week (when I thought some here were overdoing the jump on Debbie bit), it’s clear her bad old habits are dying hard and slowly.

Here’s to bad old habits dying faster – including my own.

TG1

Sindy

Crusader
I finally had a chance to watch all Debbie’s post-TRO hearing interview clips, where she took questions from the media.

At the end of the last video – when “Joe” (I assumed it was Joe Childs of Tampa Bay Times) asked Debbie how she imagined the Church of Scientology might possibly recover from so many hits against its reputation (I’m paraphrasing his question), Debbie muttered and stuttered and, finally, essentially said only that she didn’t have an answer at this time other than that other groups had figured out ways to throw out the bad and reform themselves.

Although I have no basis other than my own projections for thinking this, the impression I took from her response, facial expressions and other non-verbal cues was that she also thinks the church is toast and cannot be resurrected. However, my interpretation is likely influenced by my own hope that the CoS will crumble and die.

Finally, to contribute my own unsubstantiated opinion to the discussion about whether Debbie is angling to be “the one” or part of a team to take over a reformed CoS, I would be very surprised if she has such aspirations. I know others who have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and NONE of them is looking for a high-stress job. To a person, if they’re still working at all they have down-sized their jobs and career aspirations and focus on their nutrition, exercise, drugs (Rx, homeopathic, naturopathic, etc.) to try to manage their symptoms (aches and pains, extreme fatigue, reduced mobility, depression, reduced powers of mental focus and concentration, etc.). Being the CEO of anything, much less an infamous cult, is not in the cards for a fibromyalgia patient.

Despite my spirited defense of her last week (when I thought some here were overdoing the jump on Debbie bit), it’s clear her bad old habits are dying hard and slowly.

TG1

:goodposting: Could not agree with you more. Very well written (and Happy Valentine's Day :))

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron

TG1

She's been out 4 years after 30 years in, most of it in the SO. She was heavily traumatised by the abuses she suffered to the point of an admitted breakdown and may well have been subjected to a Type 3 handling in Clearwater during the weeks she was being held there against her will. Further she was bullied into keeping her mouth shut "in perpetuity" regarding what she experienced in Scientology and said she spoke about things on the stand that her own husband didn't know. She's had no counseling of any kind as far as I can tell, hasn't discussed openly with even her husband what she endured.

I get that everyone wants her to "wake the hell up" or some version of that but seriously, people need to give her some friggin time!! I'd never have recovered if not for the support and understanding of my family, who though they had no friggin clue what I'd run away from, knew that I was changed by it and knew that I needed time to come to grips with it. I've been out 13 years with nothing like Debbie's indoctrination and I STILL need time on some things. Nobody can show me a chart that says I'm behind schedule in my recovery and if someone can produce said chart they're better off not being in the same room with me when I recieve it. Layers come off, more layers emerge. It's the nature of the beast.

Lone Star

Crusader

Finally, to contribute my own unsubstantiated opinion to the discussion about whether Debbie is angling to be “the one” or part of a team to take over a reformed CoS, I would be very surprised if she has such aspirations.

TG1

I think the Tampa Bay Times reporter was hoping she'd say, "Obviously DM needs to be removed from his post". He would've loved it more if she would have said something even more dramatic. Reporters love dramatic controversy because it sells more copy. I have no doubt that Debbie wanted to say "remove DM", but she wisely did not. Until the lawsuit over the NDA is finished she still has to be careful with what she says in public.

I agree that Debbie isn't interested in being "the one" to take over a reformed CoS. I do think that the MRs want her on their team though because of her status and credibility. I hope she doesn't allow herself to be used. Her health and well being needs to be her highest priority.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
I get that everyone wants her to "wake the hell up" or some version of that but seriously, people need to give her some friggin time!!

The problem with giving her time is that there are little things called statutes of limitation. David Miscavige relies on this and most often time runs out on any assault/battery that she witnessed so he won't get arrested. Now the statutes of limitation may be different depending on the type of crime (and I'm not talking about any RICO statutes but simple assault and battery) but by the time most ex SO or ex Scientology executives get out and get their sanity back, time has run out.

From what I can tell Debbie witnessed considerable violence first hand. I don't think anyone should "give her time" when it comes to telling law enforcement what she saw. She needs to do that NOW.

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
The problem with giving her time is that there are little things called statutes of limitation. David Miscavige relies on this and most often time runs out on any assault/battery that she witnessed so he won't get arrested. Now the statutes of limitation may be different depending on the type of crime (and I'm not talking about any RICO statutes but simple assault and battery) but by the time most ex SO or ex Scientology executives get out and get their sanity back, time has run out.

From what I can tell Debbie witnessed considerable violence first hand. I don't think anyone should "give her time" when it comes to telling law enforcement what she saw. She needs to do that NOW.

I completely agree that she should be pressed to tell all that she knows about criminal activity within the cult. That's not the point I was driving at. I was referring to the "she still thinks Hubbard's ok!" type of objections and the insistence that she needs to "wake up" from that. Of course she does. But that's going to take time, and nobody here or elsewhere has the right to set a time limit on her recovery. It's common for people leaving a cult to still hold onto some of the "positives" and to still defend certain aspects of it.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wish the cameras had been focused on Childs, Tobin and Ortega as they had to sit there and listen to Debbie spout-off her complete nonsense.

It probably looked like this:

:ohmy: :unsure: :nervous: :omg: :lol::roflmao::hysterical::banghead::screwy::pullhair::faceslap::furious::stickpoke::blah::whatever::read::yawn::violin::shock::spam::dizzy::mindblow::dontfeedtrolls::bs::wtf::scnsucks::bullshit::blonde::getalife::spacecraft: