What's new

Debbie's Mail and my soon-to-rejoin-the-S.O. Friend in Germany

marjan

Patron with Honors
A few months ago, I put a mail venting my frustration with a very dear friend of mine, who, after witnessing everything that happened with me and Scientology, announced that at the end of the summer, she was planning on getting a divorce and re-joining the SO.

At that time, my frustration was ENORMOUS.
Now, I am only angry. The SCN "mind-fuck" has penetrated SO MANY LAYERS of my friends consciousness, that even Debbie Cook, former head of FSO, quoting LRH to his own "faithful" CANNOT penetrate, the "good roads, good weather" SP handling that I am getting from her. I can only say "How stupid, can one individual POSSIBLY be."

I sent my friend Debbie Cook's EMail to Scientologists a few days ago.
As my friend's command of english is quite poor, I also sent it to her husband and asked him to translate it for her.

"Did you read the E-Mail from Debbie Cook?"
I scanned over it, but have not really read it.

"Is that because you think Debbie's and SP?"
No, I just am not that interested.

"Oh?? Really, a 29 year veteran of the SO, the head of Flag, quoting LRH, doesn't interest you? How's that??? Do you realize that Debbie has repeated everything that was said by Amy Scobee, and numerous other SO who have left Int. Mgmt.?
Well, I have my comm. lines in Copenhagen. They are checking it out for me.

"So, basically, you just have decided to remain completely blind, so that you don't have to confront WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW AND EXPERIENCED. I guess it must be easier to pretend that EVERYONE is an SP except for COB, who according to your "friends" (who are also no longer in the SO) is a good guy."
Well, I want to find out for myself, how it really is in the SO right now. You know, that whatever the situation really is, it HAS to be handled, and I can't handle it from the outside.

"So, YOU, who are an ex-SO, already considered a D.B. by Scientology, whose finances have been completely destroyed, and who doesn't speak english, is going to take on COB, a guy who has accumulated $1 BILLION USD, gotten rid of the Watchdog Committee, put most of Scientology Int. Mgmt in the RPF, wholesale re-written Hubband and misappropriated funds. YOU are going to get him off of his position."
Well, I need to make my own decision about what's really going on.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time for Handling R2-45!!!

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I think that it can only be handled from the outside, because people on the inside think like your friend. Credit is due to you for trying to help her. Maybe she'll come around - this is not over yet.

Gadfly

Crusader
About your friend, yes, she really "is NOT interested". That is the truth.

People who think & believe that they know all there is to know about some subject have zero interest in gaining further information. They have no need to "expand their data". They have no need or desire to expand their horizons. They are happily sitting in the delusional state of imagining that they already know all there is to know. :ohmy:

These card-carrying over-indoctrinated Scientologists truly believe that L. Ron Hubbard provided them with the answers to EVERYTHING about life, time, the mind, the spirit, and the future. :duh:

When a person has such severe fixed ideas, as do such Scientologists, he or she is entirely cut off from benefiting from the fruits of their own observations. In fact, they are cut off from looking at all. They refuse to look - because they truly believe that don't need to, because they can't for the life of them conceive that they could gain anything useful by doing so. :no:

They actually even shy away from, and intentionally keep a safe distance away from any sort of information that might dispute, criticize, open to question, upset or invalidate their cute little inane belief system. It is sad really - how these primarily unaware and severely limited minds go about posturing and carrying on together as if they were highly aware and unlimited as thetans.

The Scientology environment creates a "closed system", where only their ideas get full and constant attention, and all other views are
non-existent (and silenced when and if they appear). They couldn't exist in a free and open system. A "free market system" of ideas is not conducive to Scientology control.

That is why it is impossible to have an intelligent conversation with such people. It is like trying to have a conversation with a bag of hammers. It's entirely unrewarding. :yes:

They are only able to converse (communicate) among themselves, rising to great heights of understanding and affinity, because they all stupidly AGREE with the same set of fixed ideas. And, THAT is Hubbard's ARCU in action! :biggrin:

Scientologists are enthusiastically agreeing with each other, like a Ku Klux Klan herd or some other mindless group that shares some strange set of biases, prejudices and/or distorted ideas. They dance to the sound of the SAME drummer, and cannot do anything else. They live in a tiny, tight, limited little world and imagine it to be all that there is . . . . :omg:

Last edited:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Synthia made an amazing post yesterday. I think it sheds some light on why many stay in. Here it is:

"Frankly, despite the horribleness one hears about at the upper levels, there are a lot of people who are somewhat left alone by the registrars (except at events) because they have proven not to be great resources.

These public come in on course and soak in the tech, having their cognitions and wins and feeling special and privileged to be part of this great movement they see on the screen at their events.

They happily toe the line. They're not staff members and they are not experiencing the intense pressures in the same way.

These people are not as much mentally ill as they are selfish and not very bright. I suppose one could say that these people are slaves to the trance state of Scientology but they are by no means in the same condition as the slaves of the SO.

They are not feeling particularly beaten down as they are not resources. They are the foot soldiers that do their part to fill up the academies on the evenings and weekends and to smugly tell people to disconnect from others on Facebook.

Yes, there is a mental illness to be a Scientologist but there are many of these mentally ill people who, to an outside observer not familiar with Scientology, would find these people to be "very together".

It's a weird conglomeration of people that make up the psycho group. For many, just the self reflection they can have on course and the camaraderie they enjoy, is enough to make them feel that their lives have meaning. This feeling gets tangled up with the utopian ideas they are reading about and actually thinking "the group" is accomplishing.

These people will fight to the death for their right to keep their blinders on and will throw others under the bus to keep the fake utopia going.

I suppose this is what you were saying. When reading what you wrote I got the picture of some crazy, drooling, glassy-eyed people looking downtrodden while following the commands of their slave masters.

Of course, this is an exaggeration and I know that's not what you meant. The point is, the con continues because, while in there, the reality that they create is so real that it's easy to get caught up in it. I'm sure that most are unhappy but there are some that are having a good time and for that "good time" they will close their eyes to the fact that no clears are being made and that most of the ideas, in the words they are reading, are not manifesting in the world around them."

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...Scientologists&p=645161&viewfull=1#post645161 "

I wish you and your friend well.

freethinker

Sponsor
It seems to me that your friend, and many other dyed in the wool Scientologists, are disaffected with the regular world to the point that they want to change it by any means they can.

They know they can't do this by themselves so join a group that has a goal and purpose of doing just that.

It seems to me that if she wasn't going to go back in the SO, she would join some other group with ideologies to change or fix the world and ignore all the lies they are being fed by the groups leader or leaders.

I think your fighting more against her disaffection to the regular world.

johnAnchovie

Still raging
A few months ago, I put a mail venting my frustration with a very dear friend of mine, who, after witnessing everything that happened with me and Scientology, announced that at the end of the summer, she was planning on getting a divorce and re-joining the SO.

Now, I am only angry. The SCN "mind-fuck" has penetrated SO MANY LAYERS of my friends consciousness, that even Debbie Cook, former head of FSO, quoting LRH to his own "faithful" CANNOT penetrate, the "good roads, good weather" SP handling that I am getting from her. I can only say "How stupid, can one individual POSSIBLY be."

As my friend's command of english is quite poor, I also sent it to her husband and asked him to translate it for her.

"Oh?? Really, a 29 year veteran of the SO, the head of Flag, quoting LRH, doesn't interest you? How's that??? Do you realize that Debbie has repeated everything that was said by Amy Scobee, and numerous other SO who have left Int. Mgmt.?

"So, basically, you just have decided to remain completely blind, so that you don't have to confront WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW AND EXPERIENCED. I guess it must be easier to pretend that EVERYONE is an SP except for COB, who according to your "friends" (who are also no longer in the SO) is a good guy."
Well, I want to find out for myself, how it really is in the SO right now. You know, that whatever the situation really is, it HAS to be handled, and I can't handle it from the outside.

"So, YOU, who are an ex-SO, already considered a D.B. by Scientology, whose finances have been completely destroyed, and who doesn't speak english, is going to take on COB, a guy who has accumulated $1 BILLION USD, gotten rid of the Watchdog Committee, put most of Scientology Int. Mgmt in the RPF, wholesale re-written Hubband and misappropriated funds. YOU are going to get him off of his position."

Scientology works and makes you stupid....

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Sort of reminds me of a dear friend friend on mine who reamins a card carrying OT 7 to this day.

She says she will only listen to " uptone statements " and will not ever listen to any " downtone statements " about anything.

The translation - I figured out - is what she really means is what she already believes and agrees with sis " uptone " and therefore " theta " and what she does not believe or agree with is " downtone " and " entheta ".

Three guesses, in reality, is her life all f****ed up?
Divorced, broke, broken, serious confusion on how she got where she is - and wouldn't miss an event ( her life depends on it ! ).

Gadfly

Crusader
Sort of reminds me of a dear friend friend on mine who reamins a card carrying OT 7 to this day.

She says she will only listen to " uptone statements " and will not ever listen to any " downtone statements " about anything.

The translation - I figured out - is what she really means is what she already believes and agrees with is " uptone " and therefore " theta " and what she does not believe or agree with is " downtone " and " entheta ".

Three guesses, in reality, is her life all f****ed up?
Divorced, broke, broken, serious confusion on how she got where she is - and wouldn't miss an event ( her life depends on it ! ).

Yeah, that is exactly right. :thumbsup:

"Uptone" means only "what I agree with and whatever supports my delusion".

In the same way "good news" and "theta data" are the ONLY allowed information, and that keeps the dream and illusion alive and well.

Tie that in with Hubbard's statement that anti-social people "pass along negative and entheta news". And that, social people "hide the bad news" and even MAKE UP "good news"(think incessant excessive over-exaggerated Scn PR) to make the person "feel good". In Scientology "feeling good" (within your delusion) is FAR more important than "truth".

Yuck! :puke2:

Mystic

Crusader

This is a most excellent example of just how fogged in, how "non-confront", how dark, how pitiful, how "in denial", how in need of thousands upon thousands of years of evolution the presently still aligned-to-Scientology almost-humans are. The vast majority of remaining Scientologists, including FreakZoners, are in this highly unevolved state.

Well, OK, the universe is going to continue rolling right along continuing to produce life which will continue to provide them the opportunity to evolve.

Good luck on your journey(s).

Mystic

Crusader
I need to extend my previous post in this thread as the example set forth of this person "rejoining the Sea Org" is so very apt.

It is called "dissociation". No, not "disassociation", but the blackmagick moonchild "dissociation". (See the Wikipedia entry on "dissociation".)

Hubbard was very well programmed to make highly appealing statements which, if accepted, would result in the bloating of ego, of self-assigned conditions of importance, value and status. I well remember sitting in a Congress lecture in Washington, D.C. back in 1957. Hubbard made a statement: "Scientologists are among the top 1% of man." (Oh bullshit) But I did not take it as bullshit at the time. I used it to bloat.

Continuing to accept these egobloating statements eventually arrives at the dissociated state, the self-implanting state, the mindless following of advices, orders, recommendations and directions. The perfect minion. The ideal follower. The individual who can then be vampired upon at the will of the mindfucking blackmagick magician.

Many of us had to do the entire "Bridge" to find out what was really out there at the end of that "Bridge", nothing, but we got free of the dissociation!!!!!!!

As Gottabrain so aptly stated in the Debbie Cook thread: "F&^k you Scientology. It was all worth it just to be here to see you die." -- Gottabrain, pg. 97, Debbie Cook thread.

Dilettante

Patron Meritorious
Marjan,
I'm sorry about your friend. The insanity is that friends felt this way about YOU at some point! Get ready....your old cult friends feel this way now about you. The struggle is epic and tiring. This really defies all rationality. Try using irrationality! As much as I despise hubbard speak, there are policies that Debbie cited that you can forward. Trying to forward Debbies email will only result in grueling ethics cycles for your friend, SHOW ME THE REFFERENCE......That is the splash of cold water that woke me up! Let this be a new mantra. I got a lot of TA with that one. The house of cards comes down when they realise the refferences they defend DON'T work. Push the refferences, the hcopl's themselves- surely she is on source, right? She is dedicated, right? How come these simple policies DON'T WORK?
I'm amazed she's still in com with you, support her :unsure: in this mistake and hope for a speedy recovery.
Dil

I understand your upset and your frustration, Marjan, but violence is not the answer.

Since the friendship seems a goner anyway, (pretty much good roads, fair weather,) how about if you show her some of the reports of the time of transition, the years when Ron was in hiding, his son tried to show he was incompetent to handle his affairs and that Executives from the "church" were using money for their own purposes, and then the odd happenings surrounding Ron's death?

It looks very much as if DM never was supposed to have been in charge, according to Ron. That might get through to her, if she's a Ron loyalist.

I hate to say this, but sometimes you just have to cut your losses with people. Really die-hard "devoted" (indoctrinated) Scientologists are very similar to drug addicts in the way their craving for auditing or to "progress" up the bridge consumes everything else in their lives...education, careers, businesses, marriages, families, friends, etc.

Once you have shown her the truth, her course of action is on her own determinism. It's not up to you to rescue or save her...as much as most of us have someone still in that we wish to be saved...Me too! :duh:

If she goes back into SO to see for herself how bad things are, hopefully she will get the cog that it's not just her but the system that is broken or wrong, and she will get out again...or the system will crumble to pieces around her and that is the way that the last few die-hard true believers will get out of the cult. That will be your opening to really be a good friend with her again, and to help her. She may be ready to accept it then. She's not ready now.

(It is a particular kind of egotistic stupidity shown by someone who refuses to learn from others mistakes...as she is doing)

My impression, Marjan, is that you have already given enough attention, energy and emotion from your life to this issue, which has been non-productive, sadly, so I hope that for your own sake you can now move your attention onto something more positive and productive in life, as in really helping those who are out and need some assistance or resources to become re-established as they are recovering from their cult experience. I know you could be very effective at helping recent escapees, especially those who have been disconnected by their families and feel all alone in the world, have few resources and feel at a loss as to where to turn or what to do next... these people really do need our help.

I know that for those of us who have hearts to help, there are many avenues and people who truly need us, and KNOW that they need help, and gratefully accept it. Don't waste too much time or energy on those who refuse help, won't listen to reason, etc., not because they don't deserve it, but because it's unproductive, and there are so many who are in need.

I hope you can feel more peace around this issue very soon. :hug: I wish you all the best for the New Year. :)

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
This is a most excellent example of just how fogged in, how "non-confront", how dark, how pitiful, how "in denial", how in need of thousands upon thousands of years of evolution the presently still aligned-to-Scientology almost-humans are. The vast majority of remaining Scientologists, including FreakZoners, are in this highly unevolved state.

Well, OK, the universe is going to continue rolling right along continuing to produce life which will continue to provide them the opportunity to evolve.

Good luck on your journey(s).

I need to extend my previous post in this thread as the example set forth of this person "rejoining the Sea Org" is so very apt.

It is called "dissociation". No, not "disassociation", but the blackmagick moonchild "dissociation". (See the Wikipedia entry on "dissociation".)

Hubbard was very well programmed to make highly appealing statements which, if accepted, would result in the bloating of ego, of self-assigned conditions of importance, value and status. I well remember sitting in a Congress lecture in Washington, D.C. back in 1957. Hubbard made a statement: "Scientologists are among the top 1% of man." (Oh bullshit) But I did not take it as bullshit at the time. I used it to bloat.

Continuing to accept these egobloating statements eventually arrives at the dissociated state, the self-implanting state, the mindless following of advices, orders, recommendations and directions. The perfect minion. The ideal follower. The individual who can then be vampired upon at the will of the mindfucking blackmagick magician.

Many of us had to do the entire "Bridge" to find out what was really out there at the end of that "Bridge", nothing, but we got free of the dissociation!!!!!!!

As Gottabrain so aptly stated in the Debbie Cook thread: "F&^k you Scientology. It was all worth it just to be here to see you die." -- Gottabrain, pg. 97, Debbie Cook thread.

Holy Shit! Mystic speaks!!! :biggrin:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
When you separate a mixture with heat, alcohols and other chemicals will boil of first. A little more heat will extract a few more chemicals. More heat will extract some of the more stubborn ones. What remains after this will stay.

After almost 4 years of extreme pressure, external forces will now have less effect on those still in. Although this letter came from within, the church has now effectively externalized Debbie Cook. She is three feet back of Scientology.

Still, I view the Debbie Cook letter positively for two reasons
1) Where there is venting steam there is pressure. This pressure logically can only be coming from within.
2) What is heard cannot be unheard. When they get regged over an over, they will recall this email.

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron

Your frustration is understandable. However, she is still your friend and you have her best interest at heart. Hold your position. This could turn out much better than
seems to you at the moment :)

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Your frustration is understandable. However, she is still your friend and you have her best interest at heart. Hold your position. This could turn out much better than seems to you at the moment :)

Ditto that, nice to see that you care. :thumbsup:

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
It seems to me that your friend, and many other dyed in the wool Scientologists, are disaffected with the regular world to the point that they want to change it by any means they can.

I think this may be the point, though I'm afraid I'm too cynical to think that most people are really willing to join (let alone rejoin) a cult just to save the whole wide world of other people. I think people get disaffected with their own personal lives outside the cult, and that in most cases, that's the thing they're so motivated to change. It takes most people two or three decades to make major progress on getting what they want out of life, and if you waste too many years in the Sea Org, you're going to have a hard time establishing a career or a family before age starts to limit your opportunities. I do believe that you can change direction in your life at any time, and make your life meaningful; but at some point, this may mean changing your dreams, and that can be hard to accept.

It's been a while since I watched The Matrix, but isn't there one character who knows that the Matrix is all a deception, yet deliberately chooses to return to the illusion, because it would be better than reality?

marjan

Patron with Honors
My impression, Marjan, is that you have already given enough attention, energy and emotion from your life to this issue, which has been non-productive, sadly, so I hope that for your own sake you can now move your attention onto something more positive and productive in life, as in really helping those who are out and need some assistance or resources to become re-established as they are recovering from their cult experience. I know you could be very effective at helping recent escapees, especially those who have been disconnected by their families and feel all alone in the world, have few resources and feel at a loss as to where to turn or what to do next... these people really do need our help.

I know that for those of us who have hearts to help, there are many avenues and people who truly need us, and KNOW that they need help, and gratefully accept it. Don't waste too much time or energy on those who refuse help, won't listen to reason, etc., not because they don't deserve it, but because it's unproductive, and there are so many who are in need.

I hope you can feel more peace around this issue very soon. :hug: I wish you all the best for the New Year. :)

Thank you for your kind response. The Colt 45 Handling was, of course, a semi-joke.

Of course, this particular person has been a true and loyal friend for many, many years. I would not get so aggrivated otherwise.

She will do what she wants. But at least, I know now, that I have done EVERYTHING in my power, to try to "wake her up."

She was with me.
Her life was destroyed.
My career was destroyed.

She KNOWS how SCN behaved.
She knows how OUT their "ethics" are.
She still paying off the results of being MASSIVELY over-regged, (just as Debbie Cook described)..
AND STILL.... she wants to re-join.

I love my friend.
We've been through a LOT together.

However, I cannot save her, if she WON'T be saved.

Life goes on!