What's new

Decided to Say Hello!

hollyhock

Hello!

I started off thinking I would get familiar with this forum before making any posts, you know, the polite thing to do before jumping in on various discussions. That was a few years ago -- I think I might be familiar enough now to post once in a while! :biggrin:

I don't really think of myself as an ex-Scientologist and I don't think of myself as a Scientologist either. In fact, I think the thing that pissed me off the most about the organized Scientology business was this notion that you had to become a Scientologist to study the information, an unstated mandatory requirement. WTF??

But I haven't had anything to do with it for almost a decade, and really before that I was pretty much a "consumer." Some time around 2005/6 I started to get pushed on really hard to be a gung-ho group member selling ideal orgs and IAS and rah rahing at events, etc. Go team go. Just couldn't get with that program at all and couldn't stand the cultish behavior and mindset. Jeez Louise it was annoying. Got the bright idea of looking online to see if I was the "only one" who found this annoying. Lo and behold, ESMB, and so on. Makes for entertaining reading and sure gets you up to speed on what the hell has been going on behind the perfect scenery of the C of S events machine!

hollyhock

I came in through a Mission in the mid 1970s. It was pretty chill, loads of fun and fascinating - not much in the way of Ron the God to be worshipped and adored - more like hippie heaven with alternative thoughts! Very holistic when holistic hadn't even been coined as a term! Then on and off consumerism over the years, you know, whenever something would catch my interest or I'd have loads of money to spend to do more auditing.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi, hollyhock, :wave: and :welcome: :biggrin:

What Mission? What years - approx? If ya don't mind saying. Fudge it up a bit, if you think it might ID you. :nervous: :yes:

Robot Phil

Patron
Hi Hollyhock. Sounds like a blast. I got in recently while the whole Ideal Org thing started taking off. I hated the whole idea, and the IAS made no sense to me. What is the IAS?

I was in the Sea Org for 3 months recently and I never remember any moment where I suddenly became a Scientologist. I never understood what it was.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi Hollyhock. Sounds like a blast. I got in recently while the whole Ideal Org thing started taking off. I hated the whole idea, and the IAS made no sense to me. What is the IAS?

I was in the Sea Org for 3 months recently and I never remember any moment where I suddenly became a Scientologist. I never understood what it was.

Fascinating. A lot of us here would love to hear how you got into Scientology, or we're attracted to it, considering the amount of information, negative media coverage and 1st hand stories about the cult everywhere. How long were you involved in CoS before joining the SO? Do you have any family connections to CoS?

On ESMB We have discussed how the cult is attracting any new members in recent years given the shitstorm brewing around it. I, and I'm sure many others here, would be very interested to hear about your experiences or anything you'd be willing to share.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
:welcome2: hollyhock!

So glad you are out! Hope to hear more from you!

Hollyhocks_of_Summer.jpg

TG1

Angelic Poster
Welcome.

I'll second others' requests for information regarding your (relatively recent) Co$ experiences.

I'm betting you'll enjoy your time here. :)

TG1

Hello!

I started off thinking I would get familiar with this forum before making any posts, you know, the polite thing to do before jumping in on various discussions. That was a few years ago -- I think I might be familiar enough now to post once in a while! :biggrin:

I don't really think of myself as an ex-Scientologist and I don't think of myself as a Scientologist either. In fact, I think the thing that pissed me off the most about the organized Scientology business was this notion that you had to become a Scientologist to study the information, an unstated mandatory requirement. WTF??

But I haven't had anything to do with it for almost a decade, and really before that I was pretty much a "consumer." Some time around 2005/6 I started to get pushed on really hard to be a gung-ho group member selling ideal orgs and IAS and rah rahing at events, etc. Go team go. Just couldn't get with that program at all and couldn't stand the cultish behavior and mindset. Jeez Louise it was annoying. Got the bright idea of looking online to see if I was the "only one" who found this annoying. Lo and behold, ESMB, and so on. Makes for entertaining reading and sure gets you up to speed on what the hell has been going on behind the perfect scenery of the C of S events machine!

glad to have you!

yeah!

the subject practiced well can assist in allowing someone to be who and what they are in greater fullness

and practiced the way it's commonly done indoctrinates a scibot

viva dianetics!

piss on CoS...