What's new

decieved

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
One woman's stand against the Church of Scientology by Bonnie Woods.

I have read on line about Bonnies' story and I suppose got lost when religion kept coming up, so didn't finish the whole article.

Now I have the book and found it difficult to put down.The book is fast paced, well written and reduced me to tears on several occasions. Especially as i know this lovely lady.

Having spent eight years in Scientology and finally breaking free, going on to help other people who have broken free of the cult indoctrination..........to then have her home picketed by Scientologists when the Scientologists knew Bonnie and Richard were protesting Scientology in London, the children home alone.Even though one child was seventeen, this was a dispicable thing to do.Fliering their neighborhood with hate leaflets, Bonnie and Richard aren't the only people Scientology have done this to.

This book isn't without some humour, and Bonnies humour and courage shines through in every page. I found myself laughing out loud, only to find myself in tears with the next paragraph.

Chapter 8 was a bit of a shock, titled "The truth shall set you free" and it does every time.

I am not religious by any means but I do understand why Bonnie puts so much faith in her God and Jesus, I also do understand the benefits of prayer.

Bonnie goes on to tell of the six years spent in litigation with the Scientologists, it is hard to imagine how her and her family got through this and came out the other side intact.

I enjoyed reading this book very much, though I am not sure "enjoyed" is the right word as I found my self crying through much of it.

A deffinite must read for all exscientologists, Scientologists in doubt and of course to the people of the world in general who might think Scientology is just some whacky space alien philosophy.It isn't.

Good twin

Floater
I'm reading it now too. It is written beautifully. Bonnie's story is an important one. I am glad I ordered this book.