What's new

Declared a Suppressive Person and disconnected by the Church of Marty

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
Yes, I have been summarily declared by Marty. Is that an honor? Can I get Goldenrod on it?

Marty refused to post my somewhat tongue-in-cheek comment on the fact that perks for Cruise and COB align with LRH policy. That comment is posted below.

After deleting it two or three times, Marty did reply to my protest with "you are ncg."

"ncg" as most of us know here is "No Case Gain" and is somewhat of a shorthand for "Suppressive Person".

Marty and crew have no problem continuing the grand tradition of labelling and discarding anyone that will not toe the line. PTS, Type A - J, theety-weety, dilettante, middle-class, wog, db (degraded being), SP, ncg, out-ethics, nattery, etc., etc., etc. The list goes on ... and on ... and on ...

Here is my post regarding the perks for Cruise. I guess my crime is self-evident:

<post that won't see the light of day on Marty's blog>

This is all covered by LRH policy:

HCO POLICY LETTER OF 16 NOVEMBER 1966
Admin Know-How Series 7
EXECUTIVE FACILITIES
FACILITY DIFFERENTIAL

"When a senior executive has the ability to make money for the organization or greatly raise statistics, and when this ability has been demonstrated, that executive should have facilities. This ability is often discoverable by the absence of the executive from post for a period or when the executive is pulled off by emergencies. In such a time the income of the org may sink. The degree the income shrinks is the "facility differential" of that executive. It is worth that much to the org in facilities to have the executive on post.
Facilities normally include
e. Those that buy leisure
g. Those that extend longevity on the job.
One can think of many things that do each of these."

Now certainly, Tom Cruise, as "the most dedicated Scientologist" and someone who "reaches billions with Scientology" is entitled to a bit of "facility differential" from you Sea Org schlubs. COB, even more so, no? Or as Tommy puts it, "Whatever small economic benefit Mr. Cruise may have received from the assistance of Church staff pales in comparison to the benefits the Church has received from Mr. Cruise’s many years of volunteer efforts for the Church.”

</post that won't see the light of day on Marty's blog>

Last edited:

Jim Little

Patron with Honors
Well there ya go. Seem there is a policy that you can use the Sea Org slave labor to kiss the asses of people that bring in the most MONEY!

Clueless Morgan

Patron with Honors
Sheds a new light on him, really. It's not really very useful to exit a Church that restricts its members' freedom of expression on grounds of labelling them somehow as unworthy of their individual rights only to continue doing such on a smaller level...

PinkyandTheGrey

Patron with Honors
MONEY MONEY MONEY !!!

Well blow me down, I've been away from post for some time now.
I wonder what my exec differential amounts to. :roflmao:

Yes, I have been summarily declared by Marty. Is that an honor? Can I get Goldenrod on it? ...

Your statement would be improved by provision of a link to his blog where this claim is at least somewhat substantiated by the nature of your exchanges. I'm not one to defend MR about anything, but I'd like to see SOMETHING to support this claim beyond simply a post on esmb out of pique.

In other words folks, generally when citing specific off board sources it's best to provide a link. That's one of the key advantages of internet modes of communication. :yes:

Mark A. Baker

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
Your statement would be improved by provision of a link to his blog where this claim is at least somewhat substantiated by the nature of your exchanges. I'm not one to defend MR about anything, but I'd like to see SOMETHING to support this claim beyond simply a post on esmb out of pique.

In other words folks, generally when citing specific off board sources it's best to provide a link. That's one of the key advantages of internet modes of communication. :yes:

Mark A. Baker

You are absolutely right! I was in the process of getting that link and then had a senior moment.

This should be it. Not that it is much more than I already said but I should have included it and meant to.

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
Marty and crew have no problem continuing the grand tradition of labelling and discarding anyone that will not toe the line. PTS, Type A - J, theety-weety, dilettante, middle-case, wog, db (degraded being), SP, ncg, out-ethics, nattery, etc., etc., etc. The list goes on ... and on ... and on ...

You forgot victim, and hater.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Yes, I have been summarily declared by Marty. Is that an honor? Can I get Goldenrod on it?

Marty refused to post my somewhat tongue-in-cheek comment on the fact that perks for Cruise and COB align with LRH policy. That comment is posted below.

After deleting it two or three times, Marty did reply to my protest with "you are ncg."

"ncg" as most of us know here is "No Case Gain" and is somewhat of a shorthand for "Suppressive Person".

Marty and crew have no problem continuing the grand tradition of labelling and discarding anyone that will not toe the line. PTS, Type A - J, theety-weety, dilettante, middle-case, wog, db (degraded being), SP, ncg, out-ethics, nattery, etc., etc., etc. The list goes on ... and on ... and on ...

Here is my post regarding the perks for Cruise. I guess my crime is self-evident:

<post>
This is all covered by LRH policy:

HCO POLICY LETTER OF 16 NOVEMBER 1966
Admin Know-How Series 7
EXECUTIVE FACILITIES
FACILITY DIFFERENTIAL

"When a senior executive has the ability to make money for the organization or greatly raise statistics, and when this ability has been demonstrated, that executive should have facilities. This ability is often discoverable by the absence of the executive from post for a period or when the executive is pulled off by emergencies. In such a time the income of the org may sink. The degree the income shrinks is the "facility differential" of that executive. It is worth that much to the org in facilities to have the executive on post.
Facilities normally include
e. Those that buy leisure
g. Those that extend longevity on the job.
One can think of many things that do each of these."

Now certainly, Tom Cruise, as "the most dedicated Scientologist" and someone who "reaches billions with Scientology" is entitled to a bit of "facility differential" from you Sea Org schlubs. COB, even more so, no? Or as Tommy puts it, "Whatever small economic benefit Mr. Cruise may have received from the assistance of Church staff pales in comparison to the benefits the Church has received from Mr. Cruise’s many years of volunteer efforts for the Church.”
</post>

If it makes you feel better, it's still illegal as far as the IRS is concerned - google "personal inurement"

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
Is that assessment merely based on three comments? Or on some real world activity he is aware of?

Paul

I have never met Marty; he does not know my IRL identity; he does not know me personally and he does not know anyone that knows me personally; and we have never communicated other than his dismissive replies to my previous posts on his blog.

You are absolutely right! I was in the process of getting that link and then had a senior moment.

This should be it. Not that it is much more than I already said but I should have included it and meant to.

Thanks. Whether that constitutes an actual 'declare' with all that implies is open to argument. However it is a clear cut instance of 'case evaluation & personal invalidation'. Also doesn't do much to support his claims of promoting fair & open discourse, not that many actually believe that one. :)

Mark A. Baker

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
May as well give y'all my parting comment to Marty. I do not think I will be posting there anymore :confused2:

OK, Marty, I will no longer darken your door. I will leave you with some words to consider.

Marty, like or not, this blog is not about you. Others have made it the site of record for Scientologists that want to remain Scientologist yet disagree with the way the Church is currently run. ESMB does not serve that purpose. Believe it or not, Marty, I fit that category and, by rights, should post here. But I will not post here on your terms. Marty - and that is what you apparently require. This blog has become bigger than you but I do not think you are a big enough man to have that. Sorry.

You call me "no case gain", Marty? Look in the mirror. You are as hidebound as the Church you protest. Funny, I actually thought we would be friends and was considering meeting you in person but you apparently pick your "friends" the same way DM does - by how much they will suck up to you.

T

TheSneakster

Marty refused to post my somewhat tongue-in-cheek comment .. That comment is posted below.

Ok, so you are basically whining about a forum moderator getting annoyed with you after you continued to try to get him to approve a post he had already denied.

If it were just about anyone other than Marty Rathbun's forum, I'm sure your attempt to bring drama from another board to ESMB would have met with "too bad, so sad".

Those of use who put substantial time and effort into the study of Hubbard's Technical materials know that the the two terms are not even remotely synonymous.

Besides that, Marty is generally very straightforward and upfront in his blog posts and comments. -If he had meant to call you a Suppressive Person, that's what he would have done.

You trolled the moderator and got your hand slapped for it, and now you are over here crying about it. End of story.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Oh for goodness sake Sneakster - a report of how disagreement is treated on M&M World is a valid subject. Just think of the many people who read, many scared to take those first steps to actually discuss a subject, just to see someone be flattened by the arrogant and dismissive "NCG". Just like being in an org. :duh:

ps - it is "trolling a moderator" to quote an LRH policy? Ha, yeah I guess you could say that.
:hysterical:

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
Oh for goodness sake Sneakster - a report of how disagreement is treated on M&M World is a valid subject. Just think of the many people who read, many scared to take those first steps to actually discuss a subject, just to see someone be flattened by the arrogant and dismissive "NCG". Just like being in an org. :duh:

Yup.

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
Ok, so you are basically whining about a forum moderator getting annoyed with you after you continued to try to get him to approve a post he had already denied.
<snip>
You trolled the moderator and got your hand slapped for it, and now you are over here crying about it. End of story.

How's that go? "A stinging defense of the Power". Good to see that you have your Simon Bolivar in in in!

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Good for you, Disinfected. If you never have anything to do with Marty, I doubt you'll be missing anything.

That the guy wants to take over from D.M., I can understand. He's sunk an awful lot of his life into Hubbard's broken promises, and how else is he going to 'win big' at his time of life? So he'll keep on trying to acquire a cadre of fellow Scientology victims - in the hope of becoming their new high priest.

Perhaps one day he'll realise that he could garner a lot more respect and friendship by facing up to the stupid choices he made, and the things he did while he was in the cult. An apology or five would be nice! For now, his fence-sitting, Hubbard-apologist posture is always going to attract derision from people who are more able, and can be more honest with themselves.

To be judged NCG, by a man like Rathbun... I'd consider it a very good sign indeed.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, it can be seen

May as well give y'all my parting comment to Marty. I do not think I will be posting there anymore :confused2:

OK, Marty, I will no longer darken your door. I will leave you with some words to consider.

Marty, like or not, this blog is not about you. Others have made it the site of record for Scientologists that want to remain Scientologist yet disagree with the way the Church is currently run. ESMB does not serve that purpose. Believe it or not, Marty, I fit that category and, by rights, should post here. But I will not post here on your terms. Marty - and that is what you apparently require. This blog has become bigger than you but I do not think you are a big enough man to have that. Sorry.

You call me "no case gain", Marty? Look in the mirror. You are as hidebound as the Church you protest. Funny, I actually thought we would be friends and was considering meeting you in person but you apparently pick your "friends" the same way DM does - by how much they will suck up to you.

Well, it can be seen HERE, Disinfected. :bravo: :clap: :yes: :D