What's new

Dedicated To Pixie (But for all of you)

Pixie

Crusader
Thoughts are fine... emotions are fine... efforts are fine. For example, all three are present when one is looking at the most common area called sex.

Feeling these thoughts, emotions, and efforts to the deepest level is possible only when one can still maintain a distance while feeling and observing them, and not just becoming them.

Becoming them would mean one is overwhelmed by them... one's self-control is then compromised... and as gomorrhan said, that isn't healthy.

It may not be healthy, but I've not heard of anyone complaining about becoming overwhelmed by becoming out of control on the subject of sex. And why would someone want to be 'in control' at all times in life? Life just isn't like that. Even enlightened beings feel these things. They may not become these deep emotions on that level, but sex is physical also, how would one go about trying to be 'at a distance' and 'observing' sex when they are supposed to be making love with another human? :confused2:

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, let's face it: orgasm happens without control. The French call it "the little death". It might even be defined as loss of control in spasm of ecstasy. In this case, you're overwhelmed, but it ain't so bad. However, reviewing decisions made during or immediately after orgasm might be productive.

I believe my decision was: please sir, may I have some more?

Pixie

Crusader
Well, let's face it: orgasm happens without control. The French call it "the little death". It might even be defined as loss of control in spasm of ecstasy. In this case, you're overwhelmed, but it ain't so bad. However, reviewing decisions made during or immediately after orgasm might be productive.

I believe my decision was: please sir, may I have some more?

:hysterical: I couldn't agree more, neither could I have said it better myself! :thumbsup:

Vinaire

Sponsor
It may not be healthy, but I've not heard of anyone complaining about becoming overwhelmed by becoming out of control on the subject of sex. And why would someone want to be 'in control' at all times in life? Life just isn't like that. Even enlightened beings feel these things. They may not become these deep emotions on that level, but sex is physical also, how would one go about trying to be 'at a distance' and 'observing' sex when they are supposed to be making love with another human? :confused2:

Going with flow does not have to be out of control. It simply means not resisting it. But one is fully observant of what is going on.

If I am caught in a rapid stream, I would not resist it, I would flow with it. But I would be fully alert to any dangers and navigate accordingly to the best of my ability.

MLWilde

Patron
I never understood the goal of scientology training to be repression of emotion (or scientology processing, etc). I always understood it to be mindfulness (found that term later) of emotions popping up, and giving yourself the DECISION about whether to allow that emotional reaction to control you, or to express some other emotion, etc.

Maybe repression is too harsh a word. I agree with what you said here about being mindful (or aware). I suppose I think of emotions as a guide and not so much as something to "become" or avoid "becoming." If an emotion overwhelms me or feels negative - I don't see it as something to stop but as an indicator that something is not right with my own thoughts or they are not in alignment with my goals. Semantics, I guess.

Oh and er... ahem... lets add extremely psychic to that mix! :D

I was going to but I didn't want to be to woo woo for the crowd. But spiritual portal = psychic, for sure :D .

klidov

Silver Meritorious Patron
By the way, what does Kildov mean?

I guess I can share. :) I was involved with a former Russian defector, who came to the United States a very long time ago.

When we had our discussions about different things, (especially on an open line and things that could be discussed without a visit from the Spooks), he used the pseudonym "Col. Lidov". I believe that name was taken from either a novel in Cyrillic (Russian), or a video game.

I became romantically involved with him, and the first initial "K" is a variation of my real name, spelled differently in Eastern Europe.

When I started learning how to be a gamer (only a few years ago), he and I played usually as a team, and he used C.Lidov, and I used K.Lidov for screen names.

:D

klidov

The key now is how does one get over that influence over one’s personality?

The answer is both simple & painfully difficult.

The first step (as I see it, and please remember I do not have an M.D., or a D.O. after my name) is to give yourself permission to "feel".

That is followed by finding a healthy outlet for the expression of those feelings.

Feelings never stop, or simply "go away". They can be denied/or internalized, but a person does that at the danger of harming themselves both mentally, and physically.

Stress is deadly, and can cause everything from Cancer, to a heart-attack.

Learning to allow yourself expression, especially if you come from a cult that punished you for being yourself, must be done at an individuals' own pace.

It takes a long time before a person is comfortable in their own skin.

Secondly, being sensitive is a good thing. Please re-read if necessary.

Being sensitive, showing empathy for others, being sensitive to your own wants & needs, is a good thing.

Everyone must find a healthy outlet for feelings. Healthy meaning that it is not harmful to yourself, or others.

We are taught (sometimes culturally, sometimes by parents, or in this case the cult) to draw within ourselves.To not express feelings.

However, we do feel, and we do need to find a safe place (and a safe way) to express what is going on in our heads, and our hearts.:yes:

Vinaire

Sponsor
I guess I can share. :) I was involved with a former Russian defector, who came to the United States a very long time ago.

When we had our discussions about different things, (especially on an open line and things that could be discussed without a visit from the Spooks), he used the pseudonym "Col. Lidov". I believe that name was taken from either a novel in Cyrillic (Russian), or a video game.

I became romantically involved with him, and the first initial "K" is a variation of my real name, spelled differently in Eastern Europe.

When I started learning how to be a gamer (only a few years ago), he and I played usually as a team, and he used C.Lidov, and I used K.Lidov for screen names.

And I thought it was about killing doves. :duh:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Russian soul...

Thank you for that dear "K" :yes: I have heard, and it seems true to my ear, that no one loves poetry as passionately as a Russian. :eyeroll: And, without appearing nosy or intrusive, wonder if you might say something on that subject. :blush:

He was/is a most fortunate and talented individual; and of that, I am quite sure. :whistling:

Roy/EP

Vinaire

Sponsor

The first step (as I see it, and please remember I do not have an M.D., or a D.O. after my name) is to give yourself permission to "feel".

That is followed by finding a healthy outlet for the expression of those feelings.

Feelings never stop, or simply "go away". They can be denied/or internalized, but a person does that at the danger of harming themselves both mentally, and physically.

Learning to allow yourself expression, especially if you come from a cult that punished you for being yourself, must be done at an individuals' own pace.

Being sensitive, showing empathy for others, being sensitive to your own wants & needs, is a good thing.

Everyone must find a healthy outlet for feelings. Healthy meaning that it is not harmful to yourself, or others.

We are taught (sometimes culturally, sometimes by parents, or in this case the cult) to draw within ourselves.To not express feelings.

However, we do feel, and we do need to find a safe place (and a safe way) to express what is going on in our heads, and our hearts.:yes:

Oh! I feel and deeply too. I understand what you are saying... and I have a deep empathy for others too.

I may come across very different on the board though, but I have felt all that you have written on this board, and what others have written.

klidov

Thank you for that dear "K" :yes: I have heard, and it seems true to my ear, that no one loves poetry as passionately as a Russian. :eyeroll: And, without appearing nosy or intrusive, wonder if you might say something on that subject. :blush:

He was/is a most fortunate and talented individual; and of that, I am quite sure. :whistling:

Roy/EP

That is sweet of you to say. :blush:

Indeed, I think of him now with all my love & a great affection. It was ironic that when I first started being attracted to him, my (well-intended but misinformed) friends told me that "Russian Men are brutal". One former friend ref'd to him as a "War Criminal".

I found the opposite was true. He was/is (and will always be thought of as) intelligent, with a warm sense of humor. Because English was not his first language, he always said what he meant, and meant what he said. He was not given to "pretty words"<--his term.

Indeed, he has/had a deep love of music and culture.

He is/was a true gentleman.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron

Goodness that is a sweet and sensible post. I love you too, Klidov!

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Although I am new here as of Sept. 08 I must say that the brotherhood and care amongst members here that is often displayed... is touching and uplifting.

I want to express a heartfelt thank you to all of you. I have experienced much radical growth for the better and my outlook upon others, the present and future is brighter and happier because of U. :blowkiss:

Vinaire

Sponsor
Let all of us flow aaaaallllll our love to Pixie. I have a feeling that she needs it.

She puts up a brave front... and she is very brave in many respects. But she gets frightened easily.

She is deeply spiritual and that is what has kept her going all along. I admire her many, many qualities. She will be a superstar once she can no longer be frightened.

And, of course, I love her. She is a lovely dance partner. :kiss:

Pixie

Crusader
Let all of us flow aaaaallllll our love to Pixie. I have a feeling that she needs it.

She puts up a brave front... and she is very brave in many respects. But she gets frightened easily.

She is deeply spiritual and that is what has kept her going all along. I admire her many, many qualities. She will be a superstar once she can no longer be frightened.

And, of course, I love her. She is a lovely dance partner. :kiss:

:bigcry: I am deeply, deeply overwhelmed by that Vinaire. :bigcry:

Thank you. I love you too. :love11: