What's new

Deleting the Tyranny of the CofS From Your Life

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Often when a person leaves the Church of Scientology, they become terrified of being found out by "OSA" and becoming "Fair Gamed".

When you first get out, it may be true that the Church still has control of some part of your life, and may try to threaten you in some way.

You may work for another Scientologist. You may have family still in who they could pressure to disconnect from you.

But often, this fear is unfounded.

The Church of Scientology can only do bad things to you if they control some part of your mind or your life. If they have no control over it at all - then they can not do anything to you.

So in this thread, I propose that we develop "Bridge steps" to becoming totally free of the Church of Scientology. Systematic things that you can do every day that ensures that there is absolutely nothing they could do to you, and PLENTY you could do to THEM if they tried.

PROGRAM PURPOSE: To delete forever any tyranny that the Church of Scientology has over any aspect of your mind or life.

All right? Read to begin?

The first step is a Step Zero type of step.

STEP ZERO: Look around to various areas of your life and see if you still have any connections that the Church of Scientology could use to try to harm or threaten you.

We're not thinking of what to DO yet on this step, we're just going to identify any areas of vulnerability that you may have to the Church of Scientology.

1. Your job? Can the Church do anything to you there?

2. Your family? Are any of your family still in? And if so, would they really ever disconnect from you? If so, write this down.

3. Business Associates/Clients? Do you have any business partners or clients who, if they were told to by the Church of Scientology would disconnect from you or try to damage you? Identify them. Write them down.

4. Any other connections or areas of life that the Church of Scientology has some control or influence over? Identify everything possible.

Write them down.

If there was nothing for you to write down, and you are still anonymous or afraid, then there is some other control they have on your mind.

What is it?

And don't worry about "listing" - that is another control they have on you - that your mind is so weak that it will collapse on you if you think of a list of things.

It's bullshit. You can think of lists of things and nothing is going to happen to you.

All right?

What are the areas where they control your mind?

Write them down.

Good.

End of step 1.

And by the way - if you could not come up with anything at all on this step? Say who you are in this thread. Come out. Join ESMB. Tell a Scientologist that you are an Ex-Scientologist. Be yourself EVERYWHERE IN YOUR LIFE.

DO NOT HIDE ANY MORE.

And REFUSE to ever let those fuckers control any aspect of your life EVER AGAIN.

Do not waste one more second of your life being afraid of the Church of Scientology!

Delete their tyranny COMPLETELY from your life.

All right, for those of you who have identified areas to handle, we'll now move to step 2....

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Step 2

Now.

We are going to take the list you have written down and process it in a particular way.

We are going to organize the threats you have identified from the least threatening to the most threatening.

For instance: Let's say you have a mother who is a staunch Churchie, and she will definitely disconnect from you if you come out as an Ex Scientologist.

All right. Granted. That's a pretty big threat.

But then let's say you have a co-worker at a wog-owned job who is a friend, and who is a Scientologist, who will disconnect from you if you come out. That one is less of a threat. I'm not saying NO THREAT, I'm saying less of a threat. So that one would go BEFORE the disconnected mother.

So take these threats and put them in a list from least threatening to most threatening.

In step three we are going to analyze each one in detail, and then later develop a plan to handle each one. But for now, just develop the list as above.

When the list is done, from least to most threatening threats, go to Step Three.

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Step Three

Now we are going to take the first item on the list and process it.

Take a look at the first one - the least threatening - and fully analyze the WORST CASE SCENARIO that could happen if this threat came to pass. What is the WORST that could happen to you?

If it is, let's say, a co-worker at a wog-owned job who would disconnect from you, let's take a look at the worst case scenario.

ANALYSIS:

Since the owner is not a Scientologist and is completely unaffiliated with Scientology, this co-worker can not really affect my job. If he went into the boss's office and started 3rd partying me, the boss would probably just call me in and have me explain. And I could handle that.

But if he quit giving me rides to work, I might have to take the bus a couple of times per week. Hmmm. Let's see, "pretend I'm a Scientologist to this guy and remain huddled with fear that I'll be found out, continue lying about who I really am, or take the bus....hmmmm"

All right: Worst case scenario, I lose him as a friend and I have to take the bus two times per week to work.

Now.

Let's look at the MEDIUM CASE SCENARIO:

I lose him as a friend, but because he gets rides in my same car pool, I do not have to take the bus to work.

BEST CASE SCENARIO:

I come out as an Ex and he gets this totally relieved look on his face and says "Oh my god! That's great! There's this great website called ESMB - have you ever been on it???"

OK, so you get the idea.

Really work out the

WORST CASE SCENARIO
MEDIUM CASE SCENARIO
BEST CASE SCENARIO

for each of the threats on your list, starting with the first one.

REMEMBER!

We're not developing a handing for any of them yet!

We are just working out WORST, MEDIUM and BEST CASE SCENARIOS on all the threats on your list.

When you're done with that, move on to the next step...

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Step 4: The Handlings

Now that you have thoroughly looked at and analyzed all the WORST, MEDIUM and BEST CASE consequences of going free from the Church of Scientology, and completely deleting any tyranny from your life from them, I am sure you have had a number of realizations.

Usually these things are not really viewed all that analytically, and they can loom into this huge monster hiding under your bed that you never really look at.

But now that you have looked at it, you are ready to develop handlings that will acknowledge the possibility of some temporary damage if you move forward toward your freedom, keep in mind that in the long run, it will be worth it.

For this step, I'll tell you a story about my own life.

I was a vice president at a marketing company in Los Angeles that was owned by two very staunch Scientologists. My position at that company was, basically, based on my being a Scientologist with the admin training and staff experience that I had.

I made a 6 figure income, and had all the middle management women stopping by my office to sit on my desk and chat every evening after work. This never happened when I was in middle management. It was sweet.

My sister and her husband were both Scientologists.

All my friends in Los Angeles were Scientologists - except for one guy.

I had business associates who were Scientologists

My whole self-identity, eveything that I had based my life on for the previous 15 years, was Scientology.

I did not have a wife or kids. I did have an Ex wife who was a Scientologist. I was not presently dating anyone, but had a couple prospects who were not Scientologists.

Of all these situations, the biggest threat to me was my job. I was very deeply in debt from Scientology and was actually on the verge of bankruptcy despite my 6 figure income.

So the worst case scenario that I had figured out was that they would find out that I was no longer a Scientologist and fire me on the spot. I may not be able to get another 6 figure job right away and I was looking at financial ruin, and possibly homelessness.

Meduim case scenario was that I had enough time to arrange my debts so that they were manageable and I would get fired at a time that was easier for me to transition.

Best case scenario was that I arranged everything beforehand, got everyone out of Scientology who was thinking/being pressured to join at the company, and then got another job and quit - telling them that I was no longer a Scientologist and to look at these outpoints for themselves about Scientology...walking away free and with a better future, free of Scientology.

In other words, I worked out a plan to achieve the best case scenario for my worst threat, and every day, did something to get closer to creating that consequence.

I took the greatest threat first and worked out a plan.

And that is what you should do, too.

Even though your list is ordered LEAST THREAT to GREATEST THREAT, its this greatest threat that, left unplanned, holds all the others back.

So, work out a plan for what you would do if the worst case scenario happens to you. What will life ACTUALLY be like for you? What handlings could you apply if it happens. Write this all down. Take any actions that might need to be taken to avoid the worst case.

Then, start creating the steps necessary to accomplish your Best Case Scenario.

THAT's WHAT YOU START DOING RIGHT NOW

After shoring up any of the major threats to the worst case, start taking actions right now to create the Best Case Scenario for your greatest threat. And do something on it every single day.

The more you do this, the more opportunities related to the other threats will present themselves. So take advantage of them.

And remember - everything has a cost.

NOTHING happens with NO DAMAGE.

Every choice you make in life has some damage.

So you CHOOSE THE DAMAGE YOU WANT TO SEE, accept it, and start working for best case scenario.

Freedom from tyranny IS WORTH IT.

And that's what I want for every Scientologist.

Good luck!

Last edited:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
F*ckin' A right!!

Great program and post - excellent.

I have a daughter still in and will use this program!

Thanks,

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
I really like this posting.

Well written Allanzo,

I decided to post in my own name sooner rather than later, for a couple of reasons:

First being, if there was going to be an attack on me, big or small I wanted to know that fast. If it's on then lets get it on. I dislike being in a state of wondering if...!

Secondly, I was sure that any fear I was experiencing was just a concept and not based upon anything real and had no more validity to it than any other concept one has of things. So I found it is a shadow.

We still have family in, it is tough on them.

James

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Well written Allanzo,

I decided to post in my own name sooner rather than later, for a couple of reasons:

First being, if there was going to be an attack on me, big or small I wanted to know that fast. If it's on then lets get it on. I dislike being in a state of wondering if...!

Secondly, I was sure that any fear I was experiencing was just a concept and not based upon anything real and had no more validity to it than any other concept one has of things. So I found it is a shadow.

We still have family in, it is tough on them.

James

All right.

I understand your dilemma. I was there, too.

If you've got a well thought-out plan, you can head them off at the pass. And while you may never keep all the damage they can do from happening, you can take the steps necessary to minimize it.

And, over time, you and everyone else, can create a life that is fully free from the tyranny of the Church of Scientology.

Look around. There are a LOT of people who have created that life.

You can too.

Have courage.

And create your very best life, free from all their bullshit tyranny and suppression!

Woo-hoo! :happydance:

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
And another comment:

Fuck them and their "attacks".

They got nothin'.

They've gotten into your MIND.

No where else.

Boot them out!

THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY'S ENFORCED DISCONNECTION POLICY ONLY EXISTS IF YOU AGREE WITH IT.

Last edited:

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yeah you said it

We have told them we will not tolerate disconnection and we are holding to it. We will stay in comm with our loved ones. Then if that gets cut we will unleash our own kind of hell, we have lines, all sorts of lines!!:omg:

Good twin

Floater
I'll be back later today to work on this. I have to work for a few hours, but I want to get through this.

Thanks Alanzo.

Carmel

Crusader
<snip>

THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY'S ENFORCED DISCONNECTION POLICY ONLY EXISTS IF YOU AGREE WITH IT.
Nup.

I do believe that the CofS is only an enemy if ya let them be so. And I also believe that the CofS can only have something over you if you let them or imagine it. However, their disconnection policy does exist, and in some circumstances it can and will impinge on you, whether you agree with it or not.

That policy doesn't mean that ya should just buy it, or not act because of it, but it would be foolish to negate the reality of it, IMO.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
This kind of reminds me of Lennon's 'War Is Over! (if you want it)'

A nice sentiment, and possibly an interesting thought to examine, but, in the end silly. Yes, War is Over, if you go all pacifist and willing to go along with the hordes raping and pillaging or even just enforcing *their* brand of society on you.

And, Disconnection Is Over if you choose to close your eyes to it and accept its very *real* effects.

Because, Disconnection is not 'enforced' on the Declared. It's enforced on the *still in* who are *forced* to disconnect on threat of 'losing their eternity' or themselves being 'Disconnected' from.

People who are 'out' or 'disconnected from' do *not* have control over the enforcement of Disconnection.

So, when the mugger puts his gun to your baby's head and says 'Either give me your money or the kid gets it!', feel free to say, 'oh, you can't threaten me. I'm free of such bullshit.'

Zinj

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Nup.

I do believe that the CofS is only an enemy if ya let them be so. And I also believe that the CofS can only have something over you if you let them or imagine it. However, their disconnection policy does exist, and in some circumstances it can and will impinge on you, whether you agree with it or not.

That policy doesn't mean that ya should just buy it, or not act because of it, but it would be foolish to negate the reality of it, IMO.

In the best case scenario, you are working for no influence of the Church's disconnection policy on your life, anywhere, ever again.

But the worst case scenario you worked out may include the very real danger of disconnection. You definitely plan for those possible consequences. But you constantly work to make them short term consequences that will eventually be overcome. You work for the day when the Church of Scientology's disconnection policy could not possibly harm you or your family or your livelihood ever again.

I know of people who simply lie to show "ethics change" so that they can be in contact with their family again. The continued contact may generate opportunities where you may be able to eliminate the influence of the Church all together.

I think, in certain circumstances, this is a very good way of handling it.

How ever you get there, get there.

Disagree. Never accept that the Church of Scientology will be able to negatively influence your life or tell you what to do, and always work to delete their tyranny from your life.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
This kind of reminds me of Lennon's 'War Is Over! (if you want it)'

A nice sentiment, and possibly an interesting thought to examine, but, in the end silly. Yes, War is Over, if you go all pacifist and willing to go along with the hordes raping and pillaging or even just enforcing *their* brand of society on you.

And, Disconnection Is Over if you choose to close your eyes to it and accept its very *real* effects.

Because, Disconnection is not 'enforced' on the Declared. It's enforced on the *still in* who are *forced* to disconnect on threat of 'losing their eternity' or themselves being 'Disconnected' from.

People who are 'out' or 'disconnected from' do *not* have control over the enforcement of Disconnection.

So, when the mugger puts his gun to your baby's head and says 'Either give me your money or the kid gets it!', feel free to say, 'oh, you can't threaten me. I'm free of such bullshit.'

Zinj

Is this post like a Zen Koan? :)

I don't know "Lennon's the War is Over!"

All I am saying that the more you disagree with their disconnection policies, the more you create opportunities to fully eliminate it from your life so that it can never come back.

And then you will be free.

Did I get the Koan right?

riptide

Patron with Honors

I disagree and have been successful in getting others to disagree!

I refuse to acknowledge any validity or correctness about the disconnect policy in Scientology, and will do all I can to fight this abuse. It is suppressive and evil, period.

NeXTep

Patron with Honors
And another comment:

snipped

Well I actually do agree with you on this. :yes:

I have never disconnected from anyone while in the SO and I never agreed to disconnection.

My family (brothers and mother) turned FreeZoners when I was in the SO. I was never impeded from contacting them. I had no problems related to that to go home on holidays during that time period. This went on for six years! In fact I think if I had been forced to disconnect I would have left earlier.

But that was back in the eighties and I was pretty much off base all the time. Always on some kind of mission (Finance/OSA), but even when at the base in EU I would not be hindered to contact my family.

Well I actually do agree with you on this. :yes:

I have never disconnected from anyone while in the SO and I never agreed to disconnection.

My family (brothers and mother) turned FreeZoners when I was in the SO. I was never impeded from contacting them. I had no problems related to that to go home on holidays during that time period. This went on for six years! In fact I think if I had been forced to disconnect I would have left earlier.

But that was back in the eighties and I was pretty much off base all the time. Always on some kind of mission (Finance/OSA), but even when at the base in EU I would not be hindered to contact my family.

I saw a case of where a person was officially disconnected or absolutely should have been per policy. But a blind eye was turned. If they enforced it they would have risked losing a highly trained tech and admin person who was ED. It would also have caused all sorts of "ARCXs" with her family connections and the paying public, who respected her. The area was too small to pay that price.

Last edited: