Desperate Scilon orgs contacting long-ago "members"

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors

This was just posted over at WWP.....

Desperate Scilon orgs contacting long-ago "members"

Scientology is showing continued signs of desperation. I just got an e-mail from my cousin. She is, incidentally, a Board-certified Psychiatrist in her 50s. She lives in her old family home, "somewhere" in the USA, same address and phone number as in her childhood. In 1971, she had attended a weekend Scilon intro session. Here is what she said.

"Wondering -- Scientology called me -- someone called me and left like 7 voice messages over Christmas vacation, that they want to get in contact with me. As I am on some list, and they are trying to update their info. I returned from my trip with all these messages clogging my answering machine. I don't know whether i should call them to tell them to leave me alone, or just ignore... I was 13 when i attended a Sci. Intro course for a weekend. I called them to get off their mailing list over 15 yrs ago, and now they are calling me."

I gave her appropriate advice and links to more info about the bad things Scientology does. Like many Psychs, she is aware of their bullshit, but not to the degree that we are, about e.g. Sea Org abuses etc.