What's new

Desperation times

I received a telephone call tonight by someone from Sydney saying he is from the recovery unit and whether I am the person that he said I was. I said I am and told him I am not in the slightest bit interested in being recovered. I am quite happy being an SP. This just goes to show that they must be getting quite desperate. Has anyone else being contacted?

Feral

Rogue male
So...you are declared and they are trying to recover you??? Is that right?? WTF?

You know when I got on to the web a few months ago I learned that all those amnesties we had over the years 'cos of our huge upstats were actually actions of extreme desparation and financial distress. Seems obvious in hindsight!

Carmel

Crusader
Jasminefrech

Welcome to the board, jasminefrech! :) You were on crew when I was active on lines/staff, so chances are we know eachother. Glad you're out and good to have another ANZO-ite on the board!

Hey, I'm curious as hell - who called you? I believe you, but crikey, hard to believe! Never heard of that one! Things must be getting VERY desperate :yes: .

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to the board, jasminefrech! :) You were on crew when I was active on lines/staff, so chances are we know eachother. Glad you're out and good to have another ANZO-ite on the board!

Hey, I'm curious as hell - who called you? I believe you, but crikey, hard to believe! Never heard of that one! Things must be getting VERY desperate :yes: .

No kidding.This is not standard procedure at all.
"Sorry we kicked you in the ass. Can you please give us some of your money!"

Oh and welcome to ESMB!!

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
If they tried to recover me, I would have to tell them that I'm no longer interested in Scientology as a solution for myself or the conditions around me. If the Church were to reform in alignment with the conditions that the Pilot laid out in the following document, I could be willing to rejoin the Scientology movement, but not supporting any Church:

http://www.fzaoint.net/reformer.html

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Jasminefrech!!

What did the guy say when you said you weren't interested? They don't take no lightly.

Good for you for "holding your space."

sandygirl

Quote from IKTM:

No kidding.This is not standard procedure at all.
"Sorry we kicked you in the ass. Can you please give us some of your money!"

I think the most "un-standard" part is the church actually saying "sorry". And, after all, demanding cash is always standard!!!

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Quote from IKTM:

I think the most "un-standard" part is the church actually saying "sorry". And, after all, demanding cash is always standard!!!

So very true. Sadly.
I'm very interested to see where this might or might not go for them.:whistling:

Last edited:

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Amnesties generally don't apply to people who've been Declared Suppressive (I know this from trying to apply for the 1993 Amnesty, directly, in person, at Flag)

Wisened One

Crusader
gom: Maybe they've got new Amnesties in lieu of their new 'Basics'. So now they're trying to recover THE ENTIRE WORLD :eyeroll:

At any rate: :welcome: jasmine!

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Even a monolithic Whack Cult sometimes needs to revise its 'mission'

Maybe we've moved on to 'The Declared Planet'

Now more than ever

Zinj

When I answered the phone, he asked whether I am blah blah who used to be a scientologist. I asked who he was. He told me Glen from Church of Scientology Sydney recovery unit. I said yes I am who you say, I am also declared SP, he said he knows, I said I am not interested in being recovered. All he said then was ok if I change my mind then give him a ring. End of story. Now that I have been tracked down, it would not surprise me, if more phone calls could follow may be from people who I was close to. If this is what is now happening, the push is on. Must be desperate times.
Yes, I have read Jeff Hawkins blog. I used to know him at Edinburgh as well as his brother Kim. Great people. I am looking forward to more people at the top to come out.

Little Bear Victor

'CoS Sydney Recovery Unit?'

Sounds like they are trying to recover themselves more than anything else.

While unintentional, the message of that unit name is pretty fitting.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm a doggone Declared Suppressive Person, but I ain't no SP. I'm not interested in stopping people from obtaining spiritual gain, nor am I interested in bringing them any harm.

When leaving a "Church" becomes a crime worthy of being targeted for destruction by that group, that "Church" is nothing but a racket intending to intimidate people into remaining in their clutches for the purposes of taking a cut of their income.