What's new

DID BOB BLOW? Evidence that Scientology may have lost its biggest donor of all time

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

DID BOB BLOW? Evidence that Scientology may have lost its biggest donor of all time

[Bob Duggan, illustration by Chad Essley]

In case you didn’t notice it, we were actually pretty gobsmacked by a photo that we showed you last week. That photo provided the first hard evidence of something we’d been hearing for quite some time — that the richest Scientologists in the world, Bob and Trish Duggan, were [...]

[Bob Duggan,[.......]

Continue reading...

Why does Tony publish these ugly, un-flattering drawings? I understand the need to use a drawing over a photograph due to Tony having photos taken down in the past. But these? These drawings are on a par with the trashy photos in the National Enquirer which show the stars in the worst light possible, perhaps for their shock value. Do you like them?

Mimsey

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Why does Tony publish these ugly, un-flattering drawings? I understand the need to use a drawing over a photograph due to Tony having photos taken down in the past. But these? These drawings are on a par with the trashy photos in the National Enquirer which show the stars in the worst light possible, perhaps for their shock value. Do you like them?

Mimsey

Interesting interpretation of the drawing.

I didn't see any of what you saw ("ugly", "unflattering", "trashy"...) at all. I saw a simple drawing of Bob Duggan. Not even a characature, just a simplistic rendering of how he looks.

The human mind is a funny thing. Some people see an ugly duck, others see something else entirely that's as cute as a. . . . . .

img_4224.gif

Last edited:

Edwardo

Patron with Honors
If I remember correctly:

1. Tony wrote some stories, with accompanying photos, about Bob and the Duggans.
2. Bob’s lawyers had Google remove the articles on the grounds that Bob owned the copyright to those photos.
3. Tony was irritated that his articles had been memory-holed, and so resubmitted the articles with caricatures instead.

Interesting interpretation of the drawing.

I didn't see any of what you saw ("ugly", "unflattering", "trashy"...) at all. I saw a simple drawing of Bob Duggan. Not even a characature, just a simplistic rendering of how he looks.

The human mind is a funny thing. Some people see an ugly duck, others see something else entirely that's as cute as a. . . . . .

img_4224.gif

Looks more like the head of a sea gull to me. I like this style better:
TobeyMaguireCaricature.jpg

Or this:

caricature-1000.jpg

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
The tantalizing possibility that Scientology's largest donor may have flown the coop is delightful to contemplate. Miscavige and OSA have got to be somewhat concerned by the fact that the subject has been broached publicly, if for no other reason.
And, as usual, those who know, aren't talking...

Regardless, the past several years have been exponentially worse for Scientology than in preceding years, and this trend shows no signs of abating.
The hoped for perception of chrome steel invincibility of the RTC, OSA, and COB has given way to the wobbly balsa wood Jenga stick structure that we see today. An organization reviled and distrusted as a predatory and soulless beast.

One thing is for sure. 2018 is coming, and with it will come more truths revealed, fewer hidden secrets, and many more people fleeing Scientology.