What's new

Did Hub have any original, good, ideas?

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nope . . . Hubbard went to sea to escape the catastrophe he had created as a result of his long term nuttiness and fraudulent behavior. Alan posted here on ESMB of a monster visible change that occurred when a press interview he thought would be positive turned out to be truthful and exposed his con and madness . . . this, from memory, around 1964.

This part of ours above: "Hubbard for the most part seems to display fairly decent conduct from around 1953 up to 1968;" is also, while apparently factual, is erroneous . . . Hubbard was a con man and con men ALWAYS present themselves as "nice" and sincere, and all the things folks would want them to be . . . . but get the facts of his insanity by referring to the record of of his life and behavior before your cited "1953."

All key people (wives and business associates) were betrayed and or damaged by him.
Since Gordon was banned you are The Grand Old Man of ESMB.

I have the deepest respect and affection for you but...

The Sea Project develops slowly, that is NOT "running from prosecution" behaviour nor running from catastrophe behaviour. The project itself; the creation of an elite and disciplined cadre to guard the tech is a highly logical plan and rightly timed.

No.

I keep saying to HH "yer da best" but truth is Roger is da best!!!

He didn't go to sea to"run from catastrophe"; he went to execute his looooong considered long term plan

But...

The Sea Org still sucks.

Koot

Patron with Honors
One thing that really helped me was to answer these truthfully.

Is the Church of Scientology concerned about:

- my case
- my salvation
- me as a thetan, an immortal, eternal spiritual being
- money

Is L. Ron Hubbard concerned about:

- my case
- my salvation
- me as a thetan, an immortal, eternal spiritual being
- money

Having been on staff when I answered this for real and truthfully all the rest was Hubbard squid ink to muddy up my thinking...which is 180 degrees opposite of clear or clear thinking.
I am sorry your org was so off purpose. Mine was a mix and after some years it got worse. An off purpose org is not doing Scientology, IMHO. How many Scientologists does it take to change a light bulb?------------------- 2------One to hold it still and one to rotate the universe around it.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

He didn't go to sea to"run from catastrophe"; he went to execute his looooong considered long term plan

But...

The Sea Org still sucks.
Birdy Birdy...

Your dear Uncle Ronnie went to sea ''in order to find and establish safe harbour'' in escaping authorities, and court.
He soon discovered he and $cientology were''non grata'' in some countries like Rhodesia or under inquiries procedures like in Britain.
It was also very convenient to sail from one safe haven to another to hide the money he stealed from your slave work

even though your dear guru is notorious for hiding and escaping the consequences of his crimes and be safe to persue his onw universe of ""men shall be my slaves'' , while going on a step further in creating his cruel humiliating mind reshaping RPF, in international waters, out of any jutice of the land.

You can feel honor in praising this monster and be loyal to him...it desn't change what he left behind him..suicides, depressions, families broken, children that never born, brofen families, good people convinced they are criminal, bancrupties, delludes people, psychotic breaks, emprisonned kids and adults, slave labour, despair....

There is no wrong to get true historical record...
and you may still retain your praise and admiration for this spirit..
But, although you are entitled your fairy tale beliefs...those are not proven to be factual and true.
Facts and record demonstrates the opposite of a fairy tale of scientific research.

But you can call its purpose to create an elite to guard'' the tech''.. (from what ???? the suppressive evil beings wanting this ridiculous piece of sci-fi spare opera childish stories nobody ever wanted...and became , turning the 21st century, a piece oflaughing stock so shameful that even $cientologists who did OT3 are denying it since it's so gargantuesque ridiculous...???)

Well, may be you are right..LRH wanted his stoopid ''history of man'' book to be guarded from eveil sps....)

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lotus, my friend, Elron is a most enigmatic fellow, one of the oddest to ever come down the pipe. He isn't my beloved guru, he's a randy old goat who tried to do silly things like go exterior with perception so he could read the pasteboards in the other feller's hand at the poker table...

But he was also a fukkin' genius and the best of his work is of towering value

I do NOT accept the CoS whitewash of the man and neither do I accept the ritual tar and feathering of the Antiscilons

And he left Saint Hill in is own time on a project that too many months from it's inception until he debarked and it was obviously long considered before it was begun and there were no process servers bangin' on the door when he left

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Type4_PTS said: ↑
How about those who acknowledge that some of the tech is good, but looking at the overall picture, it most certainly IS a con.

Koot replied.
I guess it depends on how overtly and acerbically vocal they are.

@Koot ... are you suggesting that it's OK to acknowledge that scio most certainly IS a con as long as the wording contains no hint of sarcasm?

Why would that be?

We're not discussing washing powder here, we're discussing something that has destroyed many families and lives and continues to do so.

Many exes were restrained mentally, verbally and spiritually for many decades (even with the people closest to them) and it's a well known fact that that kind of suppression can be harmful to a person overall ... people here post according to ESMB rules only (which are few and very fair) and most seem to feel better as a result.

Your flippant (and often sarcastic) one liners are sometimes quite funny/pertinent but don't waste too much time trying to control the narrative, because you haven't got a hope in hell of succeeding.

guanoloco

As-Wased
I am sorry your org was so off purpose. Mine was a mix and after some years it got worse. An off purpose org is not doing Scientology, IMHO. How many Scientologists does it take to change a light bulb?------------------- 2------One to hold it still and one to rotate the universe around it.

Thing is, Koot, it was on purpose.

That's the problem.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I guess it depends on how overtly and acerbically vocal they are.

If an individual honestly evaluated the history of Scientology, as well as comparing the claims made over the years to the actual results obtained, I don't see the relevance of how "overtly and acerbically vocal they are". Why would that matter?

Veda

Sponsor

"I can make Napoleon look like a punk." L. Ron Hubbard, from his "real goal" 'Excalibur' letter, 1938
________

"I am not interested in wog morality... I can make Captain Bligh look like a Sunday School teacher," L. Ron Hubbard, 'Discipline, SPs and Admin', 1969.

______

A 31 year span between the two quotes. Look like Ron had no case gain whatsoever.

In the early 1970s, in his 'Naked Scientology'
naked.jpg
William Burroughs wrote about his experiences at St. Hill in the 1960s:​

"...I rockslammed on a question, "What would have to happen before Scientology worked on everybody?" (I couldn't confront it.)… Scientology is the model control system..."

Author Bill Burroughs thought there were bits and pieces worth saving, although these pieces needed to be separated from the doctrine & movement. He seemed to think that something significant had happened with the development of Scientology, something that should be purged of its dark hidden agenda (thus, ceasing to be Scientology), and then developed further.

burroughs1.jpg

Burroughs wrote that, "Scientology came into being fundamentally as [a means for] an ersatz [substitute] immortality for its founder..."
_____

This reflected Hubbard's 1938 Excalibur letter statement of:

"I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form...That goal is the real goal as far as I am concerned."

________​

Burroughs also wrote:

Unimaginable extensions of awareness are now possible in terms of existing techniques. Let's set up a center where all of these techniques can be pooled, and to challenge anyone who claims to have knowledge of inner space to come out and share what you have.
Let's explore inner space, Your inner space belongs to you. It is time to demand what is yours.

__________​

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nope . . . Hubbard went to sea to escape the catastrophe he had created as a result of his long term nuttiness and fraudulent behavior. Alan posted here on ESMB of a monster visible change that occurred when a press interview he thought would be positive turned out to be truthful and exposed his con and madness . . . this, from memory, around 1964.

This part of ours above: "Hubbard for the most part seems to display fairly decent conduct from around 1953 up to 1968;" is also, while apparently factual, is erroneous . . . Hubbard was a con man and con men ALWAYS present themselves as "nice" and sincere, and all the things folks would want them to be . . . . but get the facts of his insanity by referring to the record of of his life and behavior before your cited "1953."

All key people (wives and business associates) were betrayed and or damaged by him.
This does bring to mind one thing that Hubbard did apparently did originate. The truth that he spoke in his admission and his letter IIRC to the social services or his pension issuer wherein he admitted his decrepit state of mind and asked for financial help to afford mental health treatment.

This also ties in with his pronouncement in one of his 'basic auditing series tapes' wherein he mentions that even executives need to have their MISSED withholds found and run.(which might have been him in a momentary flash of sanity regarding his malevolent meglalomania) and asking to have it treated. Of course by his (scientology's) O/W processes. But would have those included him honestly taking responsibility for? I kinda doubt it from what I heard happened to Otto Roos when he FES'd Ron's folders?

It is also probable that Ron sidestepped responsibility when he developed the OT levels essentially blaming and 'making cause' Body Thetans rather than his own malevolent thinking and behaviours. In this he probably unknowningly or true to form/habit in his sociopathic thinking and habits created another lie.

Just my conjecture based on some of the facts about Hubbard and his written materials and some ideas from real benevolent writings.
The truth was there but there was apparently no one willing to stand up directly for long enough to Hubbard's intense mania.

Thanks Rog and Veda

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
:D

Sorry Koot

It takes 3 $cientologists..
you forgot the OT who postulated the light bulb changing
:cheerleader::hysterical:

The one who will write this success story after completing OT8:oops:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not sure how to do multi-quote responses so screwed up some of the formatting here. But the top quote belongs to me, not Churchill.

By Scientologists I mean all those people who studied materials authored by L. Ron Hubbard, and consider themselves Scientologists.

There are many instances of such specified here on the forum, when I get a few mins will either list some or link to threads that contain them. (Or you can just ask Veda) :cool:
Yes, the method for that has apparently changed and I too didn't get it correct in my last post which was to quote Veda and Rog then make my reply regarding those quotes and the original topic OP

Oh lol, there it is "insert Quotes" button on the bottom left of the reply field. I'll try to use that next time.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Lotus, my friend, Elron is a most enigmatic fellow, one of the oddest to ever come down the pipe. He isn't my beloved guru, he's a randy old goat who tried to do silly things like go exterior with perception so he could read the pasteboards in the other feller's hand at the poker table...

But he was also a fukkin' genius and the best of his work is of towering value
Birdy Birdy :giggle:

1) Hubbard couldn't go exterior with perceptions without use of drugs and pinks and grays..Flunk on it. His pseudo going exterior experiences were probably hallucinations..as we can see in his fabulous OT3....

Here is a very enlightening post from our good fellow Veda here
Who actually saw Hubbard take drugs ?

Sorry, but his pseudo going exterior with full perceptions experiences are as exciting and interesting than his balls hanging low because of his masturbation habits are..very boring and of no interest.

Anyone who meditates seriously, or practices yoga long enough, will soon or later encounter those phenomanons of ''going exterior'' (which I would prefer to call expansion more than going exterior) ..they are only phenomanons..certainly impressive , but of no interest for others and in he real life which is here and now. The work one has to do is way more easy with this meat body than without..because when there is no more body, there is no more anchor points in the reality to differentiate it from mental images.
That makes it way more difficult.

Your dear friend Elron Elray was in no way interested into genuine mindfull state of beingness experimentations; He was more interested in being interesting with his pseudo mystical stuff to entertain and create mystery samiches...

2) I totally reach into agreement with you Birdy, LRH was a genious...
in getting thousands of people into the belief he was a genious :)

especially with those who knew him and took notice of the obvious fact he was just a con man liar. (you recall it was forbidden to even think about that..otherwise..rpfed...)
He didn't need to read the pasteboard in the other feller's hand since he knew the trick to mind manipulate the feller in turning all his belongings to him at the end.....just with a few good lies...and right buttons pushing.

warm regards :)

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
@Type4_PTS @dchoiceisalwaysrs and @guanoloco

If all else fails when trying to quote or multiquote people ... you can always do this ...

1. Cut and paste the post you are wanting to quote into the reply box (and snip it if you want the relevant part to show without hitting the arrow that extends it).

2.Type the name of the person who made the original post at the top.

3.Wrap the whole thing in a quote box by highlighting what you want quoted and hitting the icon (called 'Quote') above the reply box (bottom row, 2nd from the right, looks like a horseshoe with a ball attached).

You can quote individual posts by doing them separately ... Like this.

Posted by ITYIWT and snipped.

Bla bla bla ...

Posted by Lotus and snipped.

Sorry Koot
It takes 3 $cientologists..
you forgot the OT who postulated the light bulb changing

The trick seems to be to wrap what you want quoted in the quote thingy just before posting it .. so there's no chance of getting trapped inside the quote box. Bill discovered a solution to that though and I mentioned it elsewhere the other day (and saved it).

You need to flick between RTE and BBCE ... here you go.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/quoting-part-of-a-post.46773/
Rich Text Editor (RTE) is what we are already using when we get trapped in a quote (while replying) ... to escape the quote box when trapped, just hit the button (top right corner, second icon to the left) that says ''Use BB Code Editor'' (BBCE). Everything you have written will immediately become tiny but you can then exit the quote using your cursor really easily.
Then, if you wish to go back to RTE ... which I expect you will because it's much easier to use ... (apart from being really annoying when it traps us in the quote!) you hit the bottom left of the reply box where it will say "RTE".
I expect you think you're going mad about now because I know you can't see what I'm talking about (RTE) but you're not going mad (well, you might be but not because of this) ... because it's all a cunning trick!
The RTE thingy only appears when you are in BBCE!
Try it once and you'll see what I mean ... (hit BBCE, get out of the quote, then hit RTE and continue).
The whole things takes about a second.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
"BI am sorry your org was so off purpose. Mine was a mix and after some years it got worse. An off purpose org is not doing Scientology, IMHO. How many Scientologists does it take to change a light bulb?------------------- 2------One to hold it still and one to rotate the universe around it."

Brahe and Keppler and Aristotle all had different universes so would there be worlds colliding and breaking the lightbulb and could the OTs who are not PTS manage to avoid such accidental collisions. I would suggest your answer is not only a jocular one but derives and circularly points towards a delusional view of reality.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Since Gordon was banned you are The Grand Old Man of ESMB.

I have the deepest respect and affection for you but...

The Sea Project develops slowly, that is NOT "running from prosecution" behaviour nor running from catastrophe behaviour. The project itself; the creation of an elite and disciplined cadre to guard the tech is a highly logical plan and rightly timed.

No.

But...

The Sea Org still sucks.

And that plan was most definitely the WRONG plan. The paramilitary angle was deluded, wrong-headed and doomed to failure. All to satisfy Hubbard's massive black-hole-star ego.

If anyone knows how to get in touch with Gordon please let me know.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
And that plan was most definitely the WRONG plan. The paramilitary angle was deluded, wrong-headed and doomed to failure. All to satisfy Hubbard's massive black-hole-star ego.

If anyone knows how to get in touch with Gordon please let me know.
I'm 90% sure I'm connected to him via Facebook. Sending you PM...

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
@Type4_PTS @dchoiceisalwaysrs and @guanoloco

If all else fails when trying to quote or multiquote people ... you can always do this ...

1. Cut and paste the post you are wanting to quote into the reply box (and snip it if you want the relevant part to show without hitting the arrow that extends it).

2.Type the name of the person who made the original post at the top.

3.Wrap the whole thing in a quote box by highlighting what you want quoted and hitting the icon (called 'Quote') above the reply box (bottom row, 2nd from the right, looks like a horseshoe with a ball attached).

You can quote individual posts by doing them separately ... Like this.

The trick seems to be to wrap what you want quoted in the quote thingy just before posting it .. so there's no chance of getting trapped inside the quote box. Bill discovered a solution to that though and I mentioned it elsewhere the other day (and saved it).

You need to flick between RTE and BBCE ... here you go.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/quoting-part-of-a-post.46773/
Thank-you, will use that from now as a last resort if I can't figure out how we're supposed to do it using the forum software.

I did see the other day your post about switching between "use BB Code Editor" and "Rich Text Editor" and have been using it since - it's helped tremendously! It was frustrating to get stuck inside of a quote when you're not done with the post! :yes:

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wrong. It only takes one, but it has to be ron.