What's new

Did LRH actually go Clear? If so, when?

gregarious

Did LRH actually go Clear? If so, when?

In order to keep this discussion focused, let's assume that the state of Clear actually exists.

In the chapter, "A Scientology Catechism," in the book, "What is Scientology?":
"Did L. Ron Hubbard go Clear?
Yes. In order to map the route for others he had to make it himself."​

I was listening to the Demonstration lecture from the "Clearing Success Congress", given on 2 September 1962. In the beginning of the lecture, LRH talked about how he was auditing all the time, even the previous night from 1:00 to 2:15. It's good that he keeps his own auditors code. :whistling:

Anyway, he then says,
"I've been getting some auditing, too. I made this congress a long time ago a promise I would be Clear before congress. Don't you see? Well, that's all very nice and I made you this promise, but I've cleared too many others to make it this time, and I'll have to promise you next time."​

According to LRH himself, he wasn’t Clear as of 2 September 1962.

Does anyone know if actually did go Clear? If so, did he announce it? Or was the fact that he never went Clear quietly swept under the rug.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Definitions change. His Clear Cert used to hang in the NOTs Lounge at SH in the early 80s. The date on it was sometime in 1965, I believe. One of the Clearing Course (not Congress) Films has him solo auditing on the CC and he says he's trying to hang onto the bank to audit it, so we can benefit from his hardship type of crap.

I have no comment as to what it means in reality, only that the cert does (I assume, since it did) exist.

Paul

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Definitions change. His Clear Cert used to hang in the NOTs Lounge at SH in the early 80s. The date on it was sometime in 1965, I believe. One of the Clearing Course (not Congress) Films has him solo auditing on the CC and he says he's trying to hang onto the bank to audit it, so we can benefit from his hardship type of crap.

I have no comment as to what it means in reality, only that the cert does (I assume, since it did) exist.

Paul

Remeber; we shall not speculate as to how 'He' came to rise above the Bank :)

Zinj

Div6

Crusader
From the CC section of "Excalibur Revisited":
http://www.freezoneamerica.org/excal/excal03g.html#clearingcourse

The next level the preclear takes up is the Clearing Course (CC) What happened on this was back on September 3, 1965, L. Ron Hubbard picked 42 people to research these materials since he insisted that he was Clear and didn't have a Reactive Mind. His had just all blown apart one day and he couldn't find the significance of it. Of course, he had a stuck needle, had trouble getting in and out of bed, and so forth, but he didn't want to talk about any of these things. Anyway, he simply issued these materials to 42 people which was not really a broad mix of society. They were not really scientific people. They started researching out the content of the Reactive Mind. So, his remarks that he rose above the bank and never agreed to have a bank, that are listed in a number of his works and in the bulletin "Keeping Scientology Working", are completely fraudulent.

The bank that they discovered, were plotting out, and working off in writing up their plots, was quite wrong. At the time I made four suggestions to one of the key researchers and those four suggestions were adopted. Other factors were going on at the time. I simply withdrew from the project, because the plot they were drawing was so incorrect. The end words were remarkably correct, but the rest of it was not. It was close enough to produce some positive case gain. So, that was the CC that was developed at St. Hill between September 3, 1965 and February 4, 1966.

gregarious

I agree that there are no actual Clears: Only those that have been given an empty title by the Cof$. I just didn't want this to get into a Clear definition thread, since there are so many other threads on that already.

It makes sense to me that LRH would declare himself Clear with a certificate around 1965. Wasn't that about the time he released the Classification, Gradation & Awareness Chart?

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
If I remember rightly he attested to Clear at about number 6 or 7, with JMac at number 1. Alan might know more.

asagai

Patron Meritorious
I agree that there are no actual Clears: Only those that have been given an empty title by the Cof$. I just didn't want this to get into a Clear definition thread, since there are so many other threads on that already.

It makes sense to me that LRH would declare himself Clear with a certificate around 1965. Wasn't that about the time he released the Classification, Gradation & Awareness Chart?

Welcome Gregarious!:thumbsup:

Here's a thought for you to try on:

Ron wasn't a scientologist! :melodramatic:

He never really applied scn data, tech and concepts to himself. Scn was for his slaves, not for the slave-master!

So he reacted to situations in a non-analytical way, he had communication difficulties, had problems which he compulsively fixed with solutions, he manifested guilt and justification, got upset rather easily, was always right and compulsively dominated.

Did Ron go Clear?

Scn has multiple layers. The public layer - called the Grade Chart - Hubbard never really did. His own "auditing" was self-figure which became evaluations he imposed on others under the guise of "upper levels". The hidden layer was mind manipulation and slave-making. Hubbard was an expert at this aspect of Scientology. :duh:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Seems that the Clearing Course was mainly a definite thing to audit that had a pretty simple cognition and so you could create something that you could call a clear but something that had no semblance to what was described in Dianetics. Probably a needed thing with all the ambiguity of clear. And since it could take from a couple of weeks to a couple of years, just the completion of it was enough to make you think you had really accomplished something which is probably the biggest win of the hole thing.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron

The next level the preclear takes up is the Clearing Course (CC) What happened on this was back on September 3, 1965, L. Ron Hubbard picked 42 people to research these materials since he insisted that he was Clear and didn't have a Reactive Mind. His had just all blown apart one day and he couldn't find the significance of it. Of course, he had a stuck needle, had trouble getting in and out of bed, and so forth, but he didn't want to talk about any of these things. Anyway, he simply issued these materials to 42 people which was not really a broad mix of society. They were not really scientific people. They started researching out the content of the Reactive Mind. So, his remarks that he rose above the bank and never agreed to have a bank, that are listed in a number of his works and in the bulletin "Keeping Scientology Working", are completely fraudulent.

The bank that they discovered, were plotting out, and working off in writing up their plots, was quite wrong. At the time I made four suggestions to one of the key researchers and those four suggestions were adopted. Other factors were going on at the time. I simply withdrew from the project, because the plot they were drawing was so incorrect. The end words were remarkably correct, but the rest of it was not. It was close enough to produce some positive case gain. So, that was the CC that was developed at St. Hill between September 3, 1965 and February 4, 1966.

Wonder what those "four points" were, that Filbert mentioned. I love how he always positions himself as an expert, the guy that made the subject work, etc.

How many "Clears" has Filbert "made"? On what basis should he be considered an expert on the subject. He seems to write it up pretty well, but then, so did Ken Ogger, ClearBird, etc.

I'm glad he wrote up what he did, but I prefer ClearBird and Pilot's work, when it comes to FZ materials.

I clicked on the link but was unable to find out who wrote that. Do you know?