What's new

Did Scientology Threaten 'Going Clear' Director Alex Gibney On Twitter?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Did Scientology Threaten 'Going Clear' Director Alex Gibney On Twitter?

International Business Times: Did Scientology Threaten 'Going Clear' Director Alex Gibney On Twitter?

http://www.ibtimes.com/did-scientology-threaten-going-clear-director-alex-gibney-twitter-1859436

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

The Church of Scientology has made it known that it's not happy about "Going Clear," Alex Gibney's new documentary about the organization that premiered on HBO March 16. Their Twitter page, @FreedomEthics, is plastered with images of letters reproaching the director for not answering their attempts at correspondence, and its handle "Freedom Media Ethics" even uses Gibney's photo as its avatar.

Although critical tweets against the director and his film are frequent -- there were 16 in less than 24 hours on Wednesday -- one in particular posted Wednesday afternoon could be seen as rising to the level of a threat.

attachment.php

When International Business Times called the Los Angeles office phone number listed on the "about" page of their online magazine Freedom to comment on the tweet, we were sent to voice mail. "Freedom" is described on the site as the "voice of the Church of Scientology."

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Attachments

• threat.PNG
    threat.PNG
    26.7 KB · Views: 176

Sindy

Crusader
Hmm, so is this how Tom Cruise would handle the media? Is this how Tom Cruise would handle a fellow entertainment industry colleague (friend or foe), so to speak? Is this how all these celebs want to be represented because if they don't say anything to distance themselves from this type of very public commentary (threat) then it is total tacit consent. Hello? START TALKING you friggin' celebrity zombies. How brain dead are you? I have zero sympathy for you right now. None.

Jump

Operating teatime
Hmm, so is this how Tom Cruise would handle the media? Is this how Tom Cruise would handle a fellow entertainment industry colleague (friend or foe), so to speak? Is this how all these celebs want to be represented because if they don't say anything to distance themselves from this type of very public commentary (threat) then it is total tacit consent. Hello? START TALKING you friggin' celebrity zombies. How brain dead are you? I have zero sympathy for you right now. None.

Two ways to look at this - an awesome culmination of decades of protest on an unprecedented order of magnitude; or pathetic, disgusting and criminal celebrity endorsement of fraud.

And of course it is both.

No sympathy. Now, or when the gates of [STRIKE]Xemu[/STRIKE] Xenu are untethered on 29th March.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
"...can help failed Texas cult leader Marty Rathbun lie." Unlike Miscavige, who is a successful cult leader who has no business in Texas?

Really, they're making this documentary a must see. Even to Scientologists, it's going to make them curious about the "failed Texas cult leader."

We'll see who's bent over, when in the months following the documentary, cult members start walking out, the raw meat dries up, and scilebrities are regarded with increasing disgust for their participation and support of an abusive and controlling organization.

What's the cult going to do, order everyone into ethics handling, or make public members get under their desks? And where will their spokeshole be -- will they finally get someone to speak in public? They won't answer questions about points in the film, want to deny there was a hole at Gold Base, except for the ones in the golf course, yuck, yuck, yuck. That's really going to take people's minds off their prison camp, Scientology trying to show a sense of humor.

This documentary is only going to enhance Gibney's already established reputation and boost his profile. When Wright went with the celebrity angle in his book, I thought it was perfect, because that's what Scientology did to remain afloat.

The cult still acts like they don't understand why Gibney couldn't make a promotional film for Scientology, just like he did for Enron, the Catholic Church and Lance Armstrong. Seriously, what aren't they getting?:omg:

Sindy

Crusader
"...can help failed Texas cult leader Marty Rathbun lie." Unlike Miscavige, who is a successful cult leader who has no business in Texas?

Really, they're making this documentary a must see. Even to Scientologists, it's going to make them curious about the "failed Texas cult leader."

We'll see who's bent over, when in the months following the documentary, cult members start walking out, the raw meat dries up, and scilebrities are regarded with increasing disgust for their participation and support of an abusive and controlling organization.

What's the cult going to do, order everyone into ethics handling, or make public members get under their desks? And where will their spokeshole be -- will they finally get someone to speak in public? They won't answer questions about points in the film, want to deny there was a hole at Gold Base, except for the ones in the golf course, yuck, yuck, yuck. That's really going to take people's minds off their prison camp, Scientology trying to show a sense of humor.

This documentary is only going to enhance Gibney's already established reputation and boost his profile. When Wright went with the celebrity angle in his book, I thought it was perfect, because that's what Scientology did to remain afloat.

The cult still acts like they don't understand why Gibney couldn't make a promotional film for Scientology, just like he did for Enron, the Catholic Church and Lance Armstrong. Seriously, what aren't they getting?:omg:

:thumbsup: Such a good post. For real! WTF? :screwy:

I really think that psychologically -- emotionally (as an actual case study for the books), Miscavige has not moved beyond the age of about 16 years old (though that 16 year old acts like he's 12). He's had a very weird and unnatural life in which to form a complete, well rounded and mature identity. In addition, he appears to be going quite mad.

This is all so fascinating to watch. So, what about all the Miscaviges? His dad, brother? Is anyone going to talk? Seems as though this guy is all on his own. He has certainly made a very uncomfortable bed. What is there to defend?

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
It is going to be awful for public once this airs-out, it will be discussed and recommended on millions of people's social media, Blanky's Mr/Mrs who have come to represent to Shewolf the struggle that does go on within such families will be our best gauge of the speed of the disintegration within $ciloonery. I can just imagine the pressure from outsiders who know some $ciloons, surely everyone watching will feel compelled to say something.....The aftermath will be something to behold online, of that I am as sure as I am that Blanky will get his heart's most ardent wish.
Holocaust day coming lovely ESMBers, let's rejoice! :happydance:
Blanky you are in my thoughts every day :) .

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Wasn't sure of the correct place to post this so I just picked one. This was posted just a few minutes ago on the Bunker comments section. Are threats to casual tweeters now the company line?

http://velocityltd.org/2015/03/28/scientology-v-me-on-twitter/

I'm not overly familiar about Twitter's posting guidelines, but I do know threats of physical harm/death are usually enough to get such person's Twitter account closed.

Of course, the tweets referenced above don't threaten physical harm/death; instead, they encourage suicide.
The tweets are repugnant.

JB

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

:roflmao: Oh, the funny connotations a brain is able to make! On that link's side bar there was a headline about "Japanese whaling ships return home from Antarctic with no catch" and my 1st thought was: "Yeah, I can imagine another organization whose 'whalers' will soon return home empty-handed." :giggle:

bromo

Patron with Honors
JB, you are correct and I was wrong as they did not threaten the original tweeter, but suggested suicide to him. As an excuse, I am claiming being super excited, like a child hopped up on sugar on Christmas morning. The sugar being a Saturday off work with no prior commitments and Christmas morning being given the present of seeing Going Clear tomorrow night. My daughter added HBO to her cable lineup just for me to be able to watch it on its first showing on HBO. Best present ever!

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, after reading this i joined Twitter! Little man is napping and I had to see what the heck was going on.. I use an iPad and the app is pretty simple to use.. You can find me at @misswog

there are a ton of good videos and links on Twitter that are more difficult to search for on YouTube and Google news.. I have my real name account and I use it often to find videos and podcasts to listen to while cleaning, but with this new account I can start favoriting/retweeting/following/commenting on $ci w/o fear of being harassed on the account I use to update family with baby pictures :thumbsup: