ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Director Paul Haggis Speaks Out About Scientology in First Television Interview!

Discussion in 'Movies, Plays, and Documentaries about Scientology' started by Type4_PTS, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Re: Rock Center with Lawrence Wright and Paul Haggis 1/17/2013

:offtopic:

2. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

How much can you get for a box a theetans these days? I think I've got some in my attic. Should I put them on eBay?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  3. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I just checked 10 minutes ago and there are zero positive comments for the CoS on the NBC Rock Center website. I might post one for them as I'm starting to feel bad for them. :biggrin:

Also on the website for Investigation Discovery, the network that ran the show on Nancy Many's experience with the CoS, SAME thing, no positive comments for the CoS.

On the SP Times website which did a book review of the Going Clear book, there is one pro-scientology comment.

This is a dramatic change as it's typical to have an OSA troll on these sites posting from a number of different sock puppet accounts, just as was being done on the Atlantic website before the whole thing got shut down.

4. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

Maybe they need a catchy song. How 'bout: All we are sayin, is give BTs a chance.

5. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Lol! I'm sure OTVIIIisgrrr8 could come up with something on behalf of RTC. Maybe Scientology has finally realised that the ensuing turkey shoot is not worth the trouble. I will kind of miss the fun if their shills stop posting.

6. Boojuum

Boojuum Silver Meritorious Patron

This news story is wonderful. FINALLY, the truth is coming out. This is huge.

7. Re: Rock Center with Lawrence Wright and Paul Haggis 1/17/2013

It wasn't OUR LRH birthday event.

And you are talking about 1985.

We were long gone a decade before that.

What we had a FCDC was something special.

Yeah it got crazy, and the Tech was bullshit.

But WE were about truth and justice.

And our concern for people went a long way.

The "products" you saw was the result of an org that had been taken over by Sea Org management and run into the ground.

You can do a lot for people just by being therr and caring.

The products we got at FCDC in the early 1970s were OUR doing. Not the Techs or the Sea Org.

The Anabaptist Jacques

8. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

No, demanding is an option. He doesn't have to comply but the demand should be there nonetheless. That way the pressure will mount. People will ask, "If this guy has nothing to hide, why won't he speak up?"

Instead, they just throw him a softball, let him answer up with some stupid written reply that never changes. Seriously, it's shoddy journalism in a certain sense and I agree with Smurf here.

9. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Paul Haggis will be on TV tonight in an interview on CBC (Canada) that was recorded months ago:
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2013/02/04/video-haggis-paul-strombo-interview.html

10. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I love this guy. Brave but humble man. In that clip, that's what integrity is all about.