Director Paul Haggis Speaks Out About Scientology in First Television Interview!

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Rock Center with Lawrence Wright and Paul Haggis 1/17/2013

Other people did much the same thing without Scientology. You did it with Scientology which was, then, a deceptive and malevolent cult. All you folks who want to "rehab" your 40 year old pleasure moments while naive neophytes in Scientology, :melodramatic:please:ohmy: don't do it on this thread.

lrhbook.jpg

5633291173_33496c73c0.jpg

SCNMothar3.jpg

2ns9wte.jpg

advance0026000.jpg

I can be addressed
But in our temples best
Address me and you address
Lord Buddha.
Address Lord Buddha
And you then address
Metteyya.

L. Ron Hubbard, from 'Hymn of Asia'

scientology1.jpg

Thanks. :)

How much can you get for a box a theetans these days? I think I've got some in my attic. Should I put them on eBay?

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

I noticed that this morning. Hasn't changed yet?

I just checked 10 minutes ago and there are zero positive comments for the CoS on the NBC Rock Center website. I might post one for them as I'm starting to feel bad for them. :biggrin:

Also on the website for Investigation Discovery, the network that ran the show on Nancy Many's experience with the CoS, SAME thing, no positive comments for the CoS.

On the SP Times website which did a book review of the Going Clear book, there is one pro-scientology comment.

This is a dramatic change as it's typical to have an OSA troll on these sites posting from a number of different sock puppet accounts, just as was being done on the Atlantic website before the whole thing got shut down.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

I just checked 10 minutes ago and there are zero positive comments for the CoS on the NBC Rock Center website. I might post one for them as I'm starting to feel bad for them. :biggrin:

Also on the website for Investigation Discovery, the network that ran the show on Nancy Many's experience with the CoS, SAME thing, no positive comments for the CoS.

On the SP Times website which did a book review of the Going Clear book, there is one pro-scientology comment.

This is a dramatic change as it's typical to have an OSA troll on these sites posting from a number of different sock puppet accounts, just as was being done on the Atlantic website before the whole thing got shut down.

Maybe they need a catchy song. How 'bout: All we are sayin, is give BTs a chance.

Purple Rain

Crusader

Lol! I'm sure OTVIIIisgrrr8 could come up with something on behalf of RTC. Maybe Scientology has finally realised that the ensuing turkey shoot is not worth the trouble. I will kind of miss the fun if their shills stop posting.

Exactly! You were selling high end Jaguar's and BMW's and delivering low-end Chevy's. You were selling "states of awareness" that you could not deliver. Even per Hubbard himself this is criminal; he called it "Criminal Exchange". I guess even a broken clock is correct twice a day.
:whistling:

Or am I misunderstanding you and you're suggesting that FCDC had the ability to deliver the promised abilities gained as described on Hubbard's Grade Chart from that era? (which all the regges used to sell auditing and training?)

By the way, I spent a couple weeks at FCDC back around 1985, along with Steve Goodwin. We were the "advance men" in charge of your LRH Birthday Event. So I got a chance to observe firsthand some of the "products" of your organization. This was one of the things that led me to begin having doubts about the "Tech". At least one of the people had been a PC throughout all of the 60's and 70's. He case condition was absolutely horrible and had been throughout that period. He had done tons to help the CoS and Hubbard and so I spoke to him for hours and did all I could in an effort to help the man, which unfortunately was very little. He detailed for me all the auditing he received, the corrections, etc., and I couldn't understand why he was in such horrible condition.

It wasn't OUR LRH birthday event.

And you are talking about 1985.

We were long gone a decade before that.

What we had a FCDC was something special.

Yeah it got crazy, and the Tech was bullshit.

But WE were about truth and justice.

And our concern for people went a long way.

The "products" you saw was the result of an org that had been taken over by Sea Org management and run into the ground.

You can do a lot for people just by being therr and caring.

The products we got at FCDC in the early 1970s were OUR doing. Not the Techs or the Sea Org.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Sindy

Crusader

Puhleeze... Demand? Like force him?
Dream on dude.

They asked him lots of times for an interview, and he doesn't do it. So demanding is not an option.

No, demanding is an option. He doesn't have to comply but the demand should be there nonetheless. That way the pressure will mount. People will ask, "If this guy has nothing to hide, why won't he speak up?"

Instead, they just throw him a softball, let him answer up with some stupid written reply that never changes. Seriously, it's shoddy journalism in a certain sense and I agree with Smurf here.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Paul Haggis will be on TV tonight in an interview on CBC (Canada) that was recorded months ago:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2013/02/04/video-haggis-paul-strombo-interview.html

Paul Haggis on his interest in Scientology and defending his friends
Oscar-winning filmmaker Paul Haggis may be one of the most famous ex-Scientologists, but the controversial faith still interests him.It's part of the reason why he was eager to watch The Master, he told CBC's George Stroumboulopoulos.

Short article and Video Preview Here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2013/02/04/video-haggis-paul-strombo-interview.html

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I love this guy. Brave but humble man. In that clip, that's what integrity is all about.