What's new

Director Paul Haggis Speaks Out About Scientology in First Television Interview!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Re: Rock Center with Lawrence Wright and Paul Haggis 1/17/2013

I tried to comment. 10 mins have passed and they have I yet to receive the required email verification link email from NBC.

Maybe check your spam folder. I received the email verification link email almost instantly - in about 30 seconds.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Maybe check your spam folder. I received the email verification link email almost instantly - in about 30 seconds.

I was told my spam folder is with the C/S. God I hate waiting.

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron

Not there. Perhaps "they have the comments section covered".

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

So far there's 16 comments on there, not one that's positive for the CoS.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm watching now... and the thing that is killing me is the fear in Haggis's eyes then he says he's afraid of talking about it... and he had money, prestige, and HE'S afraid... I'm loving this and hurting at the same time... I'm so glad he's doing it, but looking at his face, I wish he wasn't going through this..

Free Being Me

Crusader

I'm watching the show right now, this is fantastic!!!!! Laying out the abuses, destroyed lives, abortions, children slave labor, disconnection, lies and manipulation. Come out $cientologists, we're waiting for you with open arms, you don't have to live in this madness, we care about you. This is what is happening in $cientology, everyone that sees this show, contact your congressman, speak up your voice counts, this abusive cult needs to end!

I intentionally watched the show (which I thought was done well) with a person not very familiar with Scientology.

Then knew I had been in Scientology for years.

He asked me if I ever saw these things.

I said that I was once locked in a room with two other people because my boss (senior) at the Church wrote something accusing me and the others purposely suppressing the stats.

I said the order to do this came from the Sea Org.

He asked me why didn't I or the family on the show report it to the police.

I said we felt our system of justice was superior to theirs and dealing with them would be worse.

I also told the guy that the celebrities in Scientology don't see all the ugly stuff.

He shook his head and said it doesn't make sense and is all hard to believe.

The Anabaptist Jacques

PTSPal

Patron with Honors

I intentionally watched the show (which I thought was done well) with a person not very familiar with Scientology.

Then knew I had been in Scientology for years.

He asked me if I ever saw these things.

I said that I was once locked in a room with two other people because my boss (senior) at the Church wrote something accusing me and the others purposely suppressing the stats.

I said the order to do this came from the Sea Org.

He asked me why didn't I or the family on the show report it to the police.

I said we felt our system of justice was superior to theirs and dealing with them would be worse.

I also told the guy that the celebrities in Scientology don't see all the ugly stuff.

He shook his head and said it doesn't make sense and is all hard to believe.

The Anabaptist Jacques

My God, its still a long journey out for us isn't it?

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
WOWSERZ! Rock Center rocks! That was an excellent program and the first half hour was devoted to telling the truth about the cult. In prime time! I'm proud of big wig Paul Haggis for speaking out and the bravery of that family of three.

Oprah who? Lance Armstrong? Who's that? Boring!

Sock Puppy

Patron with Honors
Here's part 1, part 2 should be up shortly:

[video=youtube;LJxJlzEAilE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJxJlzEAilE[/video]

Out-Ethics

Patron Meritorious
I haven't posted here in quite awhile but I saw the interview and thought it was one of the most powerful piece to come out against the Co$. I hope this reaches all the love ones and friends that myself and others have who are still a part of this incredible farce. A comment from Wright I thought was well put was the church was given tax-exempt and recognized as a church. Because of that they have to be held accountable for that and the actions they have taken.

Veda

Sponsor
Here's part 1, part 2 should be up shortly:

[video=youtube;LJxJlzEAilE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJxJlzEAilE[/video]

This is excellent.

It's realistic, in that Paul Haggis explains that not everything (particularly at the beginning) in Scientology is bad, which is important to note, as Scientology's seemingly benign and "helpful" outer-coating is used, by Scientology, as protective disguise, as deceptive lead-in, and as the solvent in the Scientology doctrine's glue formula: as the solvent gradually evaporates, the glue hardens.

It's genuine. Haggis is truly angered and disgusted by Scientology's abuse of people, particularly children. He has no "ax to grind"; he's simply a human being having an honest human reaction about inhumanity.

It's honest. No spin. Paul Haggis says, simply, Hubbard's handwritten material for OT 3 "is madness." Period.

Refreshing.

Looking forward to part 2.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Thanks so much for helping get this to the internet, Sock-Puppy! Can't wait for the rest!!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Wow! Huge thanks to Paul Haggis for stepping up and doing it despite what may come, and to Lawrence Wright and the James family, as well.

Lucy and her daughter both in particular deserve big hugs for demonstrating and explaining, in simple yet powerful words, the cult's disconnection issue. This will help many understand.

To all:

hugs28.gif