What's new

Disappeared thread and RogerB

not_a_co$

Patron
The “Epstein” thread in the forum “Off Topic Discussion” has entirely disappeared – seven pages of posts! My last two posts there quoted RogerB. Here they are again:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RogerB said:
Hubbard’s was a deceitful fraud designed to mislead the honest and the innocent.
You were in the upper levels of the hierarchy for what, 20 years and didn’t want to be kicked out. I don’t get it.

Someone using your name and Disqus account has posted extreme praise of Carl Barney.

I don’t get that either. Barney was a Co$ fraud like Hubbard.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RogerB replied:
... like many honest souls, in the days before the internet and before we could get honest info on Hubbard, simply followed the info as we could get it and pursued what was presented to find out what we could gain from doing "the Bridge.

Carl Barney was the same . . . I can only comment on my impressions of him, as I have no info as to allegations against him. The fact is, he is being honored in Israel for good deeds done . . . obviously, he has accomplished something worthwhile in his life . . . and why someone is trying to smear him based on his having investigated Scientology beginning 55 years ago and ending when it was learned Hubbard was a fraud, I have no clue. ...
Carl Barney investigated ? The truth is that he ran five Missions for ten years !

He left when he learned Hubbard was a fraud ? The truth is that Hubbard kicked him out, and he wanted back in.

About you: It took the internet, after you being in the thick of Scientology for twenty years, to find out that Scientology was a fraud? Are you that unobservant? And your account is inconsistent. Read your own account elsewhere on the board. There you say you were kicked out, like Barney, and like Barney you wanted back in.

Barney’s good deeds? What are they? If the lawsuits against him are valid, he got rich off the taxpayer running an education racket, just like he ran the Mission racket.

You were singing a different tune a couple years ago. You posted here on March 28, 2017:
He got a girl I knew there pregnant (a fellow Scn) . . . he was married to someone else (whom I had audited 12-18 months earlier) but don’t know where wife was at the time, but I believe he and his wife came to St. Hill together later. He actually attended my PE/Intro Lectures in London . . . students used to come up to see how/what I did so they could use the info in their missions back home.

The bad news on Carlie-baby is that I ended up helping the pregnant girl out with the $$$’s need to get her scene handled . . . Carlie-baby was nowhere to be found
Were you telling the truth then?

not_a_co$

Patron
When I am logged in the thread is listed in Recent Posts. When I am logged out it is gone from there, while the other Recent Posts remain.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
When I am logged in the thread is listed in Recent Posts. When I am logged out it is gone from there, while the other Recent Posts remain.

There are parts of this board that are only seen by members. If you are not logged in, the board considers you to be a non member and only allows you to access public areas.

JustSheila

Crusader
Geez, what’s with the personal attack against RogerB, @not_a_co$ ?: You may not like his views about Hubbard, but he’s not a dishonest person and I know him personally. Challenge his views if you don’t like them, but lay off the ad Homs. You rock up and make all sorts of unfair assumptions and accusations about him and nobody knows you from Adam. That’s rude.

not_a_co$

Patron
strativarius,
Thanks for the information.

JustSheila,

I’m just puzzled is all – over the contradiction between RogerB’s comment on The Objective Standard website praising Carl Barney to the skies, and his comments here which trash the man.

He says he was not in the upper echelons of Co$. Here’s how I would distinguish between the upper echelons and rank and file:

Rank and file members of Co$ – many former ones are here on ESMB – are for the most part innocent dupes who give money to Co$ or work for it for nothing or next to nothing. The upper echelons of Co$ get those people’s money and/or benefit from their work.

So, on net, did RogerB get money from Co$ or lose money to Co$ ? I think the answer is obvious. His personality as revealed in other posts radiates money-getting. (There’s nothing wrong with money-getting per se, it depends on how you get it.)

I’ll post a note on the Epstein thread saying that this sub-discussion is continued over here.

JustSheila

Crusader
:eyeroll:

The “I’m confused”..followed by even more negative rhetoric is right up there with that tired, overused pre-teen, “I was only joking” excuse and attempt at believable sincerity.

D-

not_a_co$

Patron
JustSheila,

I don’t know who you’re quoting. I never said “I’m confused.”
Clearly there is a big difference between what Roger said over at TOS:
I first met Carl back in 1963 in Melbourne Australia, and connected again in London in 1968.

The thing I observed about Carl was the intense integrity and wholeness of purpose with which he pursued objectives and what interested him. This of course, is a characteristic of anyone who attains any measure of success or greatness.

Carl is an exemplar of this.

I am sure Scientology will have been one of a number of areas of investigation based on a valid purpose of wanting to know what brings betterment to life . . . and that is a purpose that should be honored, not condemned.
and what he said here on ESMB which I quoted in my first post. Yes, I am puzzled by the difference. I should think it would puzzle anyone.

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
:eyeroll:

The “I’m confused”..followed by even more negative rhetoric is right up there with that tired, overused pre-teen, “I was only joking” excuse and attempt at believable sincerity.

D-

You mean like this?

Ocasio-Cortez got roasted over the weekend after saying her tax-the-rich scheme would only apply to “like ten people.” Sunday she checked in to say that it was just a joke, and moreover her previous remark about the world ending in 12 years was also a joke. Moreover, anyone who didn’t get that these were jokes is an idiot.

Also, I’m not sure Ocasio-Cortez understands the meaning of the word sarcasm. It means, “I actually mean the opposite of what I’m saying.” Let’s try it out: “AOC is brilliant.” See? If she was using “sarcasm” in either the “12 years” or the “like ten people” remark, she meant . . . the opposite? So, instead of having 12 years, we’ve got . . . a lot of time? Instead of wanting to increase tax on ten people, she meant . . . a lot of people? Thinking that the climate is not going to collapse in 12 years, and thinking that AOC wants to stick a lot of people with huge tax increases, are standard GOP talking points. If the GOP is Dwight Schrute, is that now shorthand for “the GOP is right?”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.na...z-climate-change-inequality-just-kidding/amp/

not_a_co$

Patron
guanoloco,

I’m not confused, not joking, and not being sarcastic. This discussion is about the contradiction between on the one hand:
... he [Carl Barney] is a person in need of a great deal of “self improvement.”
and on the other:
The thing I observed about Carl was the intense integrity and wholeness of purpose with which he pursued objectives and what interested him. This ... is a characteristic of anyone who attains any measure of success or greatness.
Both were written by RogerB, the first (and worse, see above) here on ESMB and the second (and better, see link under "extreme praise of Carl Barney" above) on another website.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
guanoloco,

I’m not confused, not joking, and not being sarcastic. This discussion is about the contradiction between on the one hand:

and on the other:

Both were written by RogerB, the first (and worse, see above) here on ESMB and the second (and better, see link under "extreme praise of Carl Barney" above) on another website.
Personally, I don't see this necessarily as a contradiction.

People are complex; they can be successful with great integrity and still be in severe need of self-improvement.

I'm not saying this just to be argumentative. I've personally known some real life examples.

Even with people who are very successful or achieved some measure of 'greatness', they are still human like the rest of us, have flaws, and sometimes need urgently to work on certain aspects of their life.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Personally, I don't see this necessarily as a contradiction.

People are complex; they can be successful with great integrity and still be in severe need of self-improvement.

I'm not saying this just to be argumentative. I've personally known some real life examples.

Even with people who are very successful or achieved some measure of 'greatness', they are still human like the rest of us, have flaws, and sometimes need urgently to work on certain aspects of their life.

How true ... if we were all perfect in every way life would be very boring.

Great post.

:)