What's new

Disconnection Cancelled

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I didn't read it like that at all. I read it as a friendly hello from a new-ish poster who is posting his real name and contact details for the first time, which is quite a big deal on any Scn discussion board. The disconnection cancelled was his OWN. In other words, he is connecting up with us in a friendly fashion, while making a joke about it.

Wonder if he'll ever dare post here again?

Paul

I see your point. However it was perhaps a poor choice of thread title, or lacking explanation.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks, Mac.

I read your open letter. It looks good: sensible and thorough, and won't fly with churchies at all, as you surmise. You might want to reformat it with line-breaks somehow, as the only way I could read it was to copy the text and paste it into a program where I could turn word-wrap on, and most people wouldn't bother. I doubt if anyone would scroll horizontally all the way to the end of the line more than once or twice.

I don't get your disconnection IS cancelled statement now. Or the "megalomania". Did you mean "paranoia"? Oh well.

Paul

Hi Everyone!

My name is Mac.

Born 1971. Parents got into Scientology 1974. Delphi Oregon 77-81, 86-89. KTL, LOC, Student Hat, Objectives. And a lot of miscellaneous.

Hope to meet you all. :happydance:

Mac Stevens
415 NE 6th Street
Newport, Oregon 97365-2805
(541) 574-4451
[email protected]

Well we have your address. Shall we come and meet you there? If we get lost we can call you on the telephone and get directions.

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
I must address the thread title, Mac.
There's really no need to tell blatant lies about scientology, such as "Disconnection Cancelled". Telling lies about scientology is scientology's job, it's NOT what we do on ESMB. So, just to set the record straight: Disconnection is practiced daily in the CofS.
Consider yourself told. :D

:welcome: Mac. I already welcomed you somewhere else, but boy, this thread needs to lighten up on you!! Just so you all know, Mac is working hard to get the guy out that got ME in!!! Oh so many years ago! So, if he's OSA, that's a damn good cover. :D

I could be wrong, and Mac can correct me, but I took the thread title as if it were a battle cry, meaning he is about to go to war to fight the disconnection policies and would die trying to stay connected to the ones he loves. I don't believe he meant it as a lie about scientology.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks, Mac.

I read your open letter. It looks good: sensible and thorough, and won't fly with churchies at all, as you surmise. You might want to reformat it with line-breaks somehow, as the only way I could read it was to copy the text and paste it into a program where I could turn word-wrap on, and most people wouldn't bother. I doubt if anyone would scroll horizontally all the way to the end of the line more than once or twice.

<snip>

Paul

I scrolled.

Welcome, Mac. Glad to have you. And if all exes read your open letter, you'll get such a warm welcome that it may exacerbate your megalomania. :D

Lynn

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
Chinese School

Wow, everyone. Thanks for the welcome.

I joined Earthlink 12 or so years ago because Sky started it. And, I hate the hassle of changing addresses.

I posted my address because, anyone I wouldn't want to have it, would have it anyways. And I'm not hiding.

Paul, yeah, I'll get the formatting better. The printout looked good. Don't get my megalomania? I ... I plan way bigger than I execute. I guess that's about it. Way bigger.

I'm still a Scientologist, per the definition "a person who applies Scientology to improve conditions". Now there are other definitions, and even a trademark. You'd have to ask the trademark owner for that one. I'm not declared Suppressive, as far as I know.

But I'm in Doubt. Sooo, I have to get unbiased information, therefore communicate with people. So, yeah, hook me up with any Anons. However, if you want me to keep you anonymous or keep any secrets, please make it a PM. Plus, the fewer the secrets, the better.

Now, there seems to be some confusion :confused2: and even a bit of counter-intention :protest: over this "Disconnection Cancelled". I was going to have you all write up your O/Ws on all the times you let someone else crush your self-determinism and cut your comm. :faint:

But instead, we're going to run some Chinese School on a point in The Creed of the Church.

Instant Hat:
Megalomaniac's Rules of ESMB Chinese School
1. The instructor makes a post every 24 hours.
2. If the instructor goes missing for more than 72 hours, Emma may appoint a new instructor

I'm the instructor. So muster up! Get into groups by continent. We're going to do this snap & pop.

Quiet down. I'm going to call roll. That's it!

:gathering:

THAT'S IT!

:unsure: :eyeroll: :unsure:

Ok, that's it for roll call.

(say "here")

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I didn't read it like that at all. I read it as a friendly hello from a new-ish poster who is posting his real name and contact details for the first time, which is quite a big deal on any Scn discussion board. Who on ESMB has done that? It is possible to find out my home address and phone number(s) online without a whole lot of trouble, but I still feel a bit queasy about posting them here. The disconnection cancelled was his OWN. In other words, he is connecting up with us in a friendly fashion, while making a joke about it.

Wonder if he'll ever dare post here again?

Paul
Fair enough, Paul.

Still, a lie is a lie even if it's a joke and there are many here who are still deeply hurt because of the CofS' Disconnection policy.
(It undoubtedly hurts even more at this particular time of year.)

I read Mac's letter and if he's half the Megalomaniac he says he is, he'll post again. And he's welcome to in my books. Welcome, Mac.

BTW, I don't automatically think that everyone who uses such a button-pushing, controversial thread title is a troll or OSA, I usually give it 2 or 3 seconds of casual consideration first. :D

Unperfekt

Patron
How are conditions inside the church since this summer?

Have you been to the Portland Org? Is there anything you'd like to start a discussion about?

A few people from Portland and Delphi are looking to hook up with people from back in the day.

13heathens

Patron with Honors
Quiet down. I'm going to call roll. That's it!

(say "here")

Not here - I have a chemical imbalance, which LRH claims doesn't exist. Being Bipolar (neurologically that means I have 30% more Neural transmitters) CCHR also states that I don't exist. So, since I can't possible exist according to Scientology, I'm just a figment of everyone's imagination.. So ignore the man behind the curtain, but he is there - at least in your mind.

Woggin' out

Patron with Honors
Funny 13Heathens.:) :)

And Mac I loved your open letter to scientologists. Great points and I agree with them and that's why I left. ( and that OTs with all their mega watt powers is just a pipe dream. I should know)! :thumbsup:

Been Done Had

Patron with Honors
Welcome Mr. Out!

Congrats on finding this board, having the courage to look, and having even more courage to join!:happydance:

BDH

Hi Mac and welcome to the board!!!:welcome2:

Seems you restimmed a few people! There's been a fair bit of paranoia around here lately. Never mind.

I copypasta your Open Letter to Scientologists here so it is easier to read. It's a very good letter. I hope that many Scientologists read it. It will give them much food for thought.

<deleted due to complaints about fair use>

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hey Fabian,

I guess it's OK to copypasta most of Mac's letter here since it's almost unreadable right now in its native format, but please edit your post to delete the LRH quotes as there is too much to be a fair use quote on this board.

Paul