What's new

DISCONNECTION IS STILL ALIVE AND IN FORCE

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
Clearly the pernicious practice of disconnection is clearly in force.

Here is an example of disconnection by email sent to a friend who is still in good standing.

I rember Pedro from St Hill in the early 1970's when he was found out for the two-faced little third partyer he was, often the first to give "evidence" on someone's com-ev, usually putting the boot in "in the nicest way".

Pedro was expelled and declared SP back then. It seems like he is wanting to worm his way back into the cult. :duh:

Well, hooray for that! :happydance:

Subject: Disconnetion

28 October, 2009

This is to inform you in no uncertain terms that I have decided and already implemented the decision to recant and rejoin unconditionally and without any reservations of any kind whatsoever the Official Scientology Organization and Group, and it is my desire to cut any communication with any person or group that may not be in good standing with the Org or that would maintaining any kind of connection with any disaffected person or group, as it is obviously your case until such time as you decide and implement the actions necessary to be restored to good standing.

Please refrain from addressing any type of communication to me as any such attempt will be completely disregarded and immediately informed in full to the Ethics and Justice authorities of the Church.

Pedro Doria

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Clearly the pernicious practice of disconnection is clearly in force.

Here is an example of disconnection by email sent to a friend who is still in good standing.

I rember Pedro from St Hill in the early 1970's when he was found out for the two-faced little third partyer he was, often the first to give "evidence" on someone's com-ev, usually putting the boot in "in the nicest way".

Pedro was expelled and declared SP back then. It seems like he is wanting to worm his way back into the cult. :duh:

Well, hooray for that! :happydance:

Subject: Disconnetion

28 October, 2009

This is to inform you in no uncertain terms that I have decided and already implemented the decision to recant and rejoin unconditionally and without any reservations of any kind whatsoever the Official Scientology Organization and Group, and it is my desire to cut any communication with any person or group that may not be in good standing with the Org or that would maintaining any kind of connection with any disaffected person or group, as it is obviously your case until such time as you decide and implement the actions necessary to be restored to good standing.

Please refrain from addressing any type of communication to me as any such attempt will be completely disregarded and immediately informed in full to the Ethics and Justice authorities of the Church.

Pedro Doria

Jesus Christ!

How old is this guy?

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Blinders on a mule!

Any country boy/girl knows that in order to get a mule to work like ya want him to ya gotta use blinders - this is a case of the mule willingly puttin' the blinders on. :duh: (found the following on a googlesearch)

"... Blinders is appropriate usage.
You _must_ blind a mule's side vision if you are survive teaming up and
plowing, a sometimes deadly work.

Your mule or mule team must be focused directly ahead. Those blackberry
bushes off to the side, should a mule spy them, can lead to your being
dragged across forty acres of unforgiving dirt. You certainly don't want
your mule in "blinking" state of mind. Focus!"

http://www.purlgurl.net/~callgirl/graphics/cybewire/cybefa01.jpg

Zander

Patron with Honors
Is Pedro related to Liz Doria and the other Doria's that are still in Scientology at St Hill?

DartSmohen

Is Pedro related to Liz Doria and the other Doria's that are still in Scientology at St Hill?

Yes.

Pedro was Snr C/S when he got declared. His wife Hazel and his kids stayed in the UK. Pedro is probably in his late 70's by now and this is an attempt to get back in contact with his family.

He always came across as a friendly and helpful guy. He was instrumantal in massaging the org stat each week (completions points). One of his favourite wheezes was to "review" someone's drug r/d, thereby counting points for "drugs" handled. (This could be done a few times).

The problem was that Pedro could parrot the tech references. Most of the staff were technically weak and so granted him huge altitude. But a few of us who knew the tech were awake to that trick and he would not try it on with us.

I have been a member on several com-evs and it was amazing how Pedro was the first "witness" to appear, usually with some damaging details about the interested party. A quick scan of the IP's ethics file invairanbly showed a healthy littering of KR's from Pedro.

In the end I was on the com-ev committee that nailed him.

My simple plan...

Dart, I bow to you (an Aikido thing) and I want to acknowledge that I understand what you have communicated about Pedro's character based on his past behavior.

He's been in (and in and out) for a long time. Obviously he did not write the legalese that is that disconnection letter in his own words.

It's given me a thought for a plan to counter-protest, and possibly counteract the disconnection policy currently in place in organized Scientology (bald-faced lie to say it's not, OSA- better to say, "yes, it exists as a current practice in the church, we shun SP's for our own spiritual protection", and let the public opinion chips fall where they may. Think clearly about this.)

I brought this up before in another thread, but think it's worth fleshing out here again, and proposing as a plan of action to others.

How little havingness would someone have to possess in order to be able to be coerced into signing a document like this and letting it be used against your family and friends?

We all know how little Sea Org and staff actually possess or have going for them in life, especially after years in, other than their status and being in good standing in the group, this becomes all to them as they are preserving their eternity and saving the planet (in their own minds).

We have many heart-sick parents who are out of contact with their children (sometimes for decades), old friends who are missing friends, relatives who wonder where their family members are and how they are doing (even to the point of if they are still alive or not), former spouses who were divorced or separated against their will, at the instigation of the "church".

Here's my idea...What if we start a general campaign of reconnection, not overtly forced but on a fairly gentle social gradient, targeting individuals still in who we know have a loved one outside that they have been forced to disconnect from. Angry Gay Pope has done this in his own way, every time he sees the daughter of British Mom or one of her co-workers, he remembers her to Mandy and sends a message that her Mom still loves her, misses her and wants her to get back in touch. I know this is impinging on not only Mandy but those around her.

What if we all, collectively, start bombarding those who have disconnected with comm in the form of friendly letters (we all know how to build affinity and get into ARC with each other), birthday greetings and small presents, mementos, holiday greeting cards, small care packages (especially in the case of struggling staff or SO), newsy notes with cute or funny stories and local news of normal life, inexpensive gift cards or phone cards, pictures, flowers, cute or pretty postcards with cheery, friendly messages, funny or uplifting emails for those online, etc. Not to mention phone calls and direct personal comm, like Pope does.

What if Anon start carrying pictures of disconnected loved ones along with their protest signs during pickets, with messages like "Grandma misses you, please call", or Dad still loves you, get in touch! If donet publically enough to cause out PR, admin will have to allow for some contact and reconnection!

Consider these people as being the prisoners that they are, of a totalitarian and brutally repressive system that ought not to exist anywhere on earth, especially in the United States of America, land of the free and home of the brave. Well, let's try and grant these indoctrinated, frightened, suppressed and controlled fellow human beings a little more mental, spiritual, emotional and social freedom, and help empower them to gain a little more courage and change their lives for the better.

How many times do people blow and are recovered? Knowing that they are wanted and needed and cared about on the outside might give them the strength to resist "recovery".

Sometimes just a little insight can change one's whole perception. Letting in a little light can change and shift the entire scene.

Do you know what every single Ex Sea Org member that I have ever known and personally worked with on assisting them to recover from their cult experience has said to me at some or another, usually said through tears? "Oh, you're being so nice to me", or "Oh, you're being so kind." This for just being treated normally as any decent person would treat another. It goes to show you how starved for normal human contact, affection and friendship these folks are. Many of you have been there as staff or SO and know what I am talking about. Think of all the Scientology suicides! We can do something to help heal these people and perhaps help to speed their exit from the cult.

Something simple...a simple campaign of gentle, kind and friendly confronts of reconnecting with the real world, and people who care about them. Even if they are strangers to us, they are someone else's loved ones who are in trouble and need our help to get out and get free.

We have LOTS of stories of family members trying to get in touch, locate or find word of their lost ones. Countless others of friendships and marriages blown apart by this criminal enterprise. It's not hard to find someone to start with here. Many of you already know of someone. We have it in our power to do something about it, something simple. Simple actions, like making a phone call, dropping a post card in the mail, sending emails, leaving small gifts at Orgs and missions, when coordinated, can have a cumulative affect that is huge. Ask any prisoner of war how much mail from home and red cross care packages meant to them, encouraged them and empowered them to survive.

Make no mistake about this: Becoming enmeshed in organized Scientology is an experience which must be SURVIVED. Many do not survive. If you have, chose to act to make a difference in someone else's life, and make their journey out of the cult and to a better new life easier and faster.

What if outsiders had taken an active interest in Marcus's brother Uwe's case, his whereabouts, his incarceration of the RPF and lack of appropriate living conditions and medical treatment, lack of comm and contact with his family and friends outside the cult? What if there had been a steady flow of interest, practical help and friendly concern for him by multiple strangers, putting pressure on Scientology management and outside authorities to insure his well-being? Might not he still be alive today?

Look, I know many of you may not feel like you are in a position to do this, but for those who are and do feel motivated to try and help those people left behind in Organized Scientology, this might be worth trying. It might be a way to do some good.

Even if letters are screened and packages and phone calls are intercepted and not relayed, it's going to get to someone, somewhere. It will create an effect. Outside scrutiny and ongoing public interest in some individual cases might really literally save someone who is in ethics trouble, physically ill, being abused, locked up on the RPF, or otherwise in peril while brainwashed and under the influence and control of this cult.

Even if it makes trouble, enturbulates, causes pr or ethics flaps, that will help people to wake up and get out, or be offloaded, which is a good thing! Others will witness it and will wake up and get out as well.

It also might break through the mesmerism that the outside world is such a terrible awful place and that wogs are all low-toned, degraded beings. Actually, most people are very caring and concerned once they learn the truth about how Scientology damages it's most loyal servants.

My point is, do this for other people's disconnected folks. It might be easier to handle when it's not a personal connection for you. You guys remember how to acknowledge, how to validate, how to love bomb, don't you? :)

If some of these squashed people get a breath of fresh air in the form of positive attention, affection and interest from stranger, it might open up a window in their minds, resonate with a former happier life before Scientology indoctrination, give then the courage to start looking at their conditions and blow. Folks might start blowing by the dozens. We know that many (if not most) are disaffected and enturbulated and on the fence now. Let's offer them a hand down off of that fence and back into the real world of freedom and humane, sane living.

Start small, if you don't know where to begin. You can buy packages of greeting cards or postcards cheaply, and it's not hard to find names or possible mailing locations using the information of this and other boards and Internet websites. Just adopt somebody! You could even send them to "any staff member" from a concerned friend. You don't have to sign it or use a return address.

Be creative. Think of how you can help reconnect with someone who may feel all alone in the world, except for their poisonous group. How little havingness, self-esteem or sense of beingness would you have to possess to let yourself be used and abused on an ongoing basis by your group to ensure your eternity?

It's really good sport here and on other sites to ridicule current organized Scientology members and rip them to shreds. I think their "church" does that enough for them, without any outside help from us.

Let's grant these people some beingness. Let's help to increase their havingness just enough that they can conceive of a better life outside the "church" than the one they are living.

It night give them courage. It might give them hope.

It might actually save people's lives. It's a simple idea, a simple plan.

It might work.

It's worth a try, don't you think? :happydance:

Chime in with names and locations if you know of somebody who needs some love and attention from the world outside of Scientology.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
While most others are trying to find a way out, this guy wants back in. That's a pretty good sign of his character.

Blue Spirit

To Sweetness and Light

I do like the idea very much, even though the practicality may not exist.

I often fantasized about flying over and dropping

numerous pamphlets from the air.

The whole problem is that these guys are so controlled by the Thought Police

and the threatened punishments that can come arbitrarily at anytime,

that what effect it could have is in question.

If a person lets themselves be degraded as in the R.P.F., then they have

likely put themselves beyond reach due to the implanted opinion they have

of themselves, which makes it impossible.

If only these people knew that they could have their "Bridge" if wanted quite

A-to-B outside the organizations.

What is needed is a "Rambo", as the law is protecting Miscavige, surely.

Never give up hope for improvement in circumstances!

Well Blue Spirit, I see we not only occupy the same planet (Teegeeack :D ), but we think along the same lines, too.

I'm not sure if law enforcement is protecting DM, or just can't quite get a handle on him yet. I still am holding out hope for a full investigation of all alleged crimes, system-wide.

Yes, the indoctrination is pretty deep for many, but not as much for others. Many have talked about "being on the fence" for a while before routing out or blowing. I guess I'm willing to try and reach out to those who can be reached, and moving those who can be moved.

One of the ways cults hold sway over people is by isolating them from normal life outside the group, I'm proposing we impinge upon that a little, in a positive way.

Just knowing they can continue up the Bridge, outside, if that is what they are most interested in, might be a deciding factor. I think fearing the loss of their eternity is what allows some to surrender control over their lives and well being as a temporary price to pay for ensuring their eternity.

As far as being degraded on the RPF, note Dart's response to that experience... :clap: Many very intelligent, creative, sincere and able former members were on the RPF at one time, and I'm not going to write off all those people as hopelessly damaged. I know better than that. Humans are amazingly resilient and can survive and recover from all kinds of horrible experiences, and go on to live a good quality life afterwards. I speak from experience.

Much Love to all the Lurkers! :) Reconnect! :happydance:

Last edited:

Outethicsofficer

Dart, I bow to you (an Aikido thing) and I want to acknowledge that I understand what you have communicated about Pedro's character based on his past behavior.

He's been in (and in and out) for a long time. Obviously he did not write the legalese that is that disconnection letter in his own words.

It's given me a thought for a plan to counter-protest, and possibly counteract the disconnection policy currently in place in organized Scientology (bald-faced lie to say it's not, OSA- better to say, "yes, it exists as a current practice in the church, we shun SP's for our own spiritual protection", and let the public opinion chips fall where they may. Think clearly about this.)

I brought this up before in another thread, but think it's worth fleshing out here again, and proposing as a plan of action to others.

How little havingness would someone have to possess in order to be able to be coerced into signing a document like this and letting it be used against your family and friends?

We all know how little Sea Org and staff actually possess or have going for them in life, especially after years in, other than their status and being in good standing in the group, this becomes all to them as they are preserving their eternity and saving the planet (in their own minds).

We have many heart-sick parents who are out of contact with their children (sometimes for decades), old friends who are missing friends, relatives who wonder where their family members are and how they are doing (even to the point of if they are still alive or not), former spouses who were divorced or separated against their will, at the instigation of the "church".

Here's my idea...What if we start a general campaign of reconnection, not overtly forced but on a fairly gentle social gradient, targeting individuals still in who we know have a loved one outside that they have been forced to disconnect from. Angry Gay Pope has done this in his own way, every time he sees the daughter of British Mom or one of her co-workers, he remembers her to Mandy and sends a message that her Mom still loves her, misses her and wants her to get back in touch. I know this is impinging on not only Mandy but those around her.

What if we all, collectively, start bombarding those who have disconnected with comm in the form of friendly letters (we all know how to build affinity and get into ARC with each other), birthday greetings and small presents, mementos, holiday greeting cards, small care packages (especially in the case of struggling staff or SO), newsy notes with cute or funny stories and local news of normal life, inexpensive gift cards or phone cards, pictures, flowers, cute or pretty postcards with cheery, friendly messages, funny or uplifting emails for those online, etc. Not to mention phone calls and direct personal comm, like Pope does.

What if Anon start carrying pictures of disconnected loved ones along with their protest signs during pickets, with messages like "Grandma misses you, please call", or Dad still loves you, get in touch! If donet publically enough to cause out PR, admin will have to allow for some contact and reconnection!

Consider these people as being the prisoners that they are, of a totalitarian and brutally repressive system that ought not to exist anywhere on earth, especially in the United States of America, land of the free and home of the brave. Well, let's try and grant these indoctrinated, frightened, suppressed and controlled fellow human beings a little more mental, spiritual, emotional and social freedom, and help empower them to gain a little more courage and change their lives for the better.

How many times do people blow and are recovered? Knowing that they are wanted and needed and cared about on the outside might give them the strength to resist "recovery".

Sometimes just a little insight can change one's whole perception. Letting in a little light can change and shift the entire scene.

Do you know what every single Ex Sea Org member that I have ever known and personally worked with on assisting them to recover from their cult experience has said to me at some or another, usually said through tears? "Oh, you're being so nice to me", or "Oh, you're being so kind." This for just being treated normally as any decent person would treat another. It goes to show you how starved for normal human contact, affection and friendship these folks are. Many of you have been there as staff or SO and know what I am talking about. Think of all the Scientology suicides! We can do something to help heal these people and perhaps help to speed their exit from the cult.

Something simple...a simple campaign of gentle, kind and friendly confronts of reconnecting with the real world, and people who care about them. Even if they are strangers to us, they are someone else's loved ones who are in trouble and need our help to get out and get free.

We have LOTS of stories of family members trying to get in touch, locate or find word of their lost ones. Countless others of friendships and marriages blown apart by this criminal enterprise. It's not hard to find someone to start with here. Many of you already know of someone. We have it in our power to do something about it, something simple. Simple actions, like making a phone call, dropping a post card in the mail, sending emails, leaving small gifts at Orgs and missions, when coordinated, can have a cumulative affect that is huge. Ask any prisoner of war how much mail from home and red cross care packages meant to them, encouraged them and empowered them to survive.

Make no mistake about this: Becoming enmeshed in organized Scientology is an experience which must be SURVIVED. Many do not survive. If you have, chose to act to make a difference in someone else's life, and make their journey out of the cult and to a better new life easier and faster.

What if outsiders had taken an active interest in Marcus's brother Uwe's case, his whereabouts, his incarceration of the RPF and lack of appropriate living conditions and medical treatment, lack of comm and contact with his family and friends outside the cult? What if there had been a steady flow of interest, practical help and friendly concern for him by multiple strangers, putting pressure on Scientology management and outside authorities to insure his well-being? Might not he still be alive today?

Look, I know many of you may not feel like you are in a position to do this, but for those who are and do feel motivated to try and help those people left behind in Organized Scientology, this might be worth trying. It might be a way to do some good.

Even if letters are screened and packages and phone calls are intercepted and not relayed, it's going to get to someone, somewhere. It will create an effect. Outside scrutiny and ongoing public interest in some individual cases might really literally save someone who is in ethics trouble, physically ill, being abused, locked up on the RPF, or otherwise in peril while brainwashed and under the influence and control of this cult.

Even if it makes trouble, enturbulates, causes pr or ethics flaps, that will help people to wake up and get out, or be offloaded, which is a good thing! Others will witness it and will wake up and get out as well.

It also might break through the mesmerism that the outside world is such a terrible awful place and that wogs are all low-toned, degraded beings. Actually, most people are very caring and concerned once they learn the truth about how Scientology damages it's most loyal servants.

My point is, do this for other people's disconnected folks. It might be easier to handle when it's not a personal connection for you. You guys remember how to acknowledge, how to validate, how to love bomb, don't you? :)

If some of these squashed people get a breath of fresh air in the form of positive attention, affection and interest from stranger, it might open up a window in their minds, resonate with a former happier life before Scientology indoctrination, give then the courage to start looking at their conditions and blow. Folks might start blowing by the dozens. We know that many (if not most) are disaffected and enturbulated and on the fence now. Let's offer them a hand down off of that fence and back into the real world of freedom and humane, sane living.

Start small, if you don't know where to begin. You can buy packages of greeting cards or postcards cheaply, and it's not hard to find names or possible mailing locations using the information of this and other boards and Internet websites. Just adopt somebody! You could even send them to "any staff member" from a concerned friend. You don't have to sign it or use a return address.

Be creative. Think of how you can help reconnect with someone who may feel all alone in the world, except for their poisonous group. How little havingness, self-esteem or sense of beingness would you have to possess to let yourself be used and abused on an ongoing basis by your group to ensure your eternity?

It's really good sport here and on other sites to ridicule current organized Scientology members and rip them to shreds. I think their "church" does that enough for them, without any outside help from us.

Let's grant these people some beingness. Let's help to increase their havingness just enough that they can conceive of a better life outside the "church" than the one they are living.

It night give them courage. It might give them hope.

It might actually save people's lives. It's a simple idea, a simple plan.

It might work.

It's worth a try, don't you think? :happydance:

Chime in with names and locations if you know of somebody who needs some love and attention from the world outside of Scientology.

Hi Sweetnessandlight,
I think this is worth a try, HappyDays daughter is now disconnected from us, we get NO comm not even a birthday ack to her sister Jordan. Fiona is in CMO at Flag. I will post a photograph of her on this board, as soon as I figure out how to do that, I have a fine appreciation now of how difficult it must be for Fiona, she is now I consider being held hostage regardless of how she sees it, her mind is trapped as too her body, even if she wanted out she would find it difficult. To say the least.

I hold the church responsible for disconnecting Fiona from her mother and the rest of her family.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've cross posted this to asyd. We'll see what we can get going for the raid of the 21st of Nov.

More candidates for friendly, caring comm from strangers?

Yep, we can do this folks! :)

Thanks, James, for sharing that. This is something that folks who feel uncomfortable picketing can get creative with, and make a productive effort at helping both individuals and the overall situation. Every single person we reconnect with or assist to wake up is a Victory!

O.K., let's send some love to Fiona at Flag, show her she has some friendly support on the outside and that her family still cares about her.

Feel free to cull names and locations of folks who are now isolated in the cult, moved far away from home and family from other sites, and post them here on this thread.

Chuck Beatty had written about an older man originally from Israel whose kids were searching for any sign of him.

I remember a French Canadian man trying to communicate with his kids or daughter still in. Also there was a German family tying to get news of their sister in RPF at INT for many years.

And we've got British Mom, and I'm sure others that I don't know about, here.

We've already got a communicating network of caring people here who understand Scientology and the damage it does to people and families. Let's lend a helping hand, boost some spirits, maybe even help foster some reconnections, let's strike a blow for freedom wherever we can.

It will be such good PR for the rightness of our cause, I know it will be effective!

Let's make this into a fun game that we can win!

Big hugs to all who need encouragement! :clap:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just had a bright idea. How about a website with all the people that are disconnected that families are trying to find? Each disconnected person could have a page with their picture and who their family is with contact details. We could link it to all the critic/ex/reformation boards so if anyone is looking for their family, they can be found. And just keep it alive by relatives posting an linking to it from time to time. Make it a campaign kinds like the missing kids on milk cartons campaign. Perhaps some of the TV stations might even help by putting a few pictures of missing "behind the iron curtain of Scientology" people when they do their exposes.

This is of course in addition to the posters/picket signs at the demonstrations.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
I just had a bright idea. How about a website with all the people that are disconnected that families are trying to find? Each disconnected person could have a page with their picture and who their family is with contact details. We could link it to all the critic/ex/reformation boards so if anyone is looking for their family, they can be found. And just keep it alive by relatives posting an linking to it from time to time. Make it a campaign kinds like the missing kids on milk cartons campaign. Perhaps some of the TV stations might even help by putting a few pictures of missing "behind the iron curtain of Scientology" people when they do their exposes.

This is of course in addition to the posters/picket signs at the demonstrations.

This is a great idea and similar in scope to the big List of ex-Scientologists who have spoken out project, which was a huge success.
I'm not too sure about the feasibility of building a dedicated website for it, although you never know there might be a dedicated anon out there with the skills and effort to make it happen. (I know its certainly out of my range of expertise!)

However what can be done now is to create a page on the WhyWeProtest wiki, start building up a massive pile of data there with the simple anyone-can-use wiki software and then perhaps later if it gets enough attention and data we can transform it into a full blown website?

We should use the wiki more often for stuff like this, its a great place to assemble data for research and projects!