What's new

Disconnection-Reconnection story thread

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
(I am reposting this from another thread so we can gather stories.)
Scientology sells Disconnection. It sells it like it sells everything it sells; dishonestly.

Scientology will tell you that Disconnection is 'voluntary'. It will tell you that Disconnection is the last choice taken by a Scientology 'parishioner' when faced with opposition and oppression and bigotry and offensive antagonism against a freely chosen spiritual path.

Scientology will tell you that Scientology is about 'Communication' and always prefers to communicate up till the final moment when all the best will can't stop an irrational 'Suppressive Person' from interfering in the free spiritual choice of the Scientologist.

Scientology will tell you that every Scientologist is free to decide and determine with whom he communicates and that this is even part of the Scientology Creeds and Code, but, this is itself code for the lie.

Is Disconnection voluntary? A Scientologist is faced with an absolute mandate; when faced with opposition to Scientology, he must 'handle or disconnect'. There is no room for tolerance there. Either the opposition must cease, or the Scientologist must disconnect.

Most of us in the 'Wog' world are familiar with squabbles about religion and politics, and, most of us have achieved a level of tolerance and forbearance, even if it's only 'no talking about religion or politics at dinner'.

This is not good enough for Scientology, because tolerance for other ideas, much less opposition to Scientology itself is *intolerable*. A person who objects to Scientology is a *Criminal*. This is a point of religious dogma in Scientology. A person who objects to Scientology is a *criminal* whose only real objection is his fear of being 'found out' by Scientology.

Such a person is a *suppressive person*, and, any contact with a Suppressive Person will inevitably taint and cripple a Scientologist in his quest to cross the 'Bridge to Total Freedom'. Any contact. Either the opposition will be 'handled', or the Scientologist *must* disconnect. There's no room for 'difference of opinion'.

So; if you object to Scientology; if you fail to 'agree' with Scientology; if you persist in being unconvinced of the benign and admirable nature of Scientology *after* having been informed of it by a Scientologist...

Well, you are a criminal. You are a Suppressive Person, and, the Scientologist *must* cease all contact and communication with you lest he lose his 'Bridge to Total Freedom'.

Is this voluntary? Well, in many cases it is. It's Cut and Dried. It's simple, and yes, it's often voluntary. A Scientologist cannot 'agree to disagree' with you and still enjoy your company, because, your mere existence and communication will make him 'PTS', which means a 'Potential Trouble Source'. Merely by being near him, you will cause him to sicken and fail. If a Scientologist gets a cold; he will look for the SP Suppressive near him. If he has a fender bender; he will look for a Suppressive 'on his lines'.

If he doesn't get a job or falls in the shower or breaks a nail or burns his soufle; it was his contact with a 'Suppressive' that was behind it.

But, wait! There's More!

As should be obvious, a Scientologist can very easily decide to 'disconnect' from a 'Suppressive Influence', even a child or parent or beloved friend, and he *can* do so voluntarily.

But, he can also be *ordered* to Disconnect, even when he does *not* feel Suppressed. Because the *Church* of Scientology knows best, and, if a dear brother dares to speak out against the 'Church' of Scientology, even if you are not 'impinged' or 'suppressed' by his divergent views, well, then you will be *ordered* to disconnect from him. And, if you don't, you will have revealed that you too are a Suppressive Person, because, maintaining contact with a Suppressive Person is *itself* a crime and a Suppressive Act.

Even if you don't feel suppressed. If they 'Church' says you are; you must either disconnect or *you* will be disconnected from.

If you are in a Scientology family; noone will be allowed to speak to you or have anything to do with you. Or *they too* will be suppressive. If you work at a Scientology run company; you must be *fired*; or the owners and everyone else there will be 'declared' suppressive.

But, remember, it's all voluntary.

Like when the mugger holds the knife to your throat and says 'give me all your money'. That too is voluntary. You could just tell him to go screw himself. So, it's voluntary.

Or, when a terrorist holds a gun to a baby's head and orders a mother to comply. That too is voluntary; after all, nobody will *make* her.do anything.

Scientology Disconnection is extortion; and, all extortion is 'voluntary', if you accept Church of Scientology Brand Voluntary.

Scientology is a lie. It's always a lie. They lie about Xenu. They lie about money. They even lie about lying.

But, most of all, they lie about Disconnection. Because it's the only whip they've got to keep the slaves in line.

Joe Lynn

Thanks Zinj, that's one of the best write ups I have seen on the subject! :thumbsup:

I have a daughter who will not speak to me because I post on this board.

This happened last November and there was not a peep from her right through Xmas and also during the time my mother had a stroke, despite my emails and xmas gifts.

She is due to do her next OT level and apparently because I wrote my story here this is delayed and she is now doing an Ethics course instead, although she states that is a matter of choice. (?).

She came to handle me recently and said she actually got into trouble for disconnecting, because I am family. (Maybe the attention to disconnection is working). I have never objected to her path in Scientology and she knows that, she is a 3rd generation. However she is obviously regarded as having a problem with a non compliant relative and is between a rock and a hard place.

I refused to stop posting and she has once again stopped communicating. The "handling" of me didn't work, as I refuse to be told who I can and can't communicate to or about. No doubt it could be said that her visit showed there is no disconnection, but in reality that is bullshit.

She knows I am here whenever she wants or needs - or can - communicate to me and the only problem is one manufactured by Scientology's ethics policies. :)

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
(I am reposting this from another thread so we can gather stories.)

Thanks Zinj, that's one of the best write ups I have seen on the subject! :thumbsup:

I have a daughter who will not speak to me because I post on this board.

This happened last November and there was not a peep from her right through Xmas and also during the time my mother had a stroke, despite my emails and xmas gifts.

She is due to do her next OT level and apparently because I wrote my story here this is delayed and she is now doing an Ethics course instead, although she states that is a matter of choice. (?).

She came to handle me recently and said she actually got into trouble for disconnecting, because I am family. (Maybe the attention to disconnection is working). I have never objected to her path in Scientology and she knows that, she is a 3rd generation. However she is obviously regarded as having a problem with a non compliant relative and is between a rock and a hard place.

I refused to stop posting and she has once again stopped communicating. The "handling" of me didn't work, as I refuse to be told who I can and can't communicate to or about. No doubt it could be said that her visit showed there is no disconnection, but in reality that is bullshit.

She knows I am here whenever she wants or needs - or can - communicate to me and the only problem is one manufactured by Scientology's ethics policies. :)

FTS,

I find it hard to believe that she (your daughter) is doing the "Ethics Course" by choice. If she's been stopped from doing her next OT level because of your posting on this board - then she's been "ordered" or "advised" to do the course. Just the way it goes.

I'm sorry your daughter isn't speaking to you. That has got to hurt the mommy part of you. As I know it would hurt me.

But I'm also very impressed that you refuse to stop communicating with whom you choose and how you choose.

It's almost as if your daughter is saying (from instructions from the CofS), that I will comm with you only if you stop comm'g on ESMB. That's a form of blackmail or something (it's late and my words aren't coming to me to easily).

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
FTS,

I find it hard to believe that she (your daughter) is doing the "Ethics Course" by choice. If she's been stopped from doing her next OT level because of your posting on this board - then she's been "ordered" or "advised" to do the course. Just the way it goes.

I'm sorry your daughter isn't speaking to you. That has got to hurt the mommy part of you. As I know it would hurt me.

But I'm also very impressed that you refuse to stop communicating with whom you choose and how you choose.

It's almost as if your daughter is saying (from instructions from the CofS), that I will comm with you only if you stop comm'g on ESMB. That's a form of blackmail or something (it's late and my words aren't coming to me to easily).

Yep, that's exactly how it is. I explained that my posting had nothing to do with her, but she still feels it does. Ummm...no. I am me and I do have freedom of speech.

riptide

Patron with Honors
Re-Connection story.

30 years in Scientology. Here are the stats.
Two grown adults pass up many opportunities to get an education and develop meaningful successful marriages and careers so they can be Scientologists. For the better part of 30 years they struggle trying to"go up the bridge" chasing the freedom carrot that continues to evade them as prices continue to rise for services.
One of these adult Scientologists goes into the Sea Org. This person marries another loser Scientologist who worked on the Apollo. They both leave the Sea Org. They have two children who grow up under the influence of L Ron Hubbard’s Scientology culture and as a result become losers themselves. The father dies of a heart attack and the kids are left to fend for themselves before they are able to.

Both kids are fairly illiterate and have zero life skills and quietly resent their Scientology parents for being losers. However these same kids learn to hate their grandparents because they are not Scientologists like their parents are. This is called THIRD PARTY.

This one Scientologist parent in the picture continually wages a war of KR's and attacks on the mother who is a Psychologist yet is the very person that got them both into Scientology. This person has always hated his or her mother so she/he uses Scientology's discrimination against psychologists as ammunition to get back at the mother. This Scientologist is actually a coward and using the "tech" to do the dirty work.

This persons mother was in Scientology many many years ago but left. Not long ago, this mother was declared a Suppressive Person. This forces everyone else in the family who is a Scientologist to DISCONNECT from this 84 year old woman.

This old woman was disconnected from TWICE in her life and barely survived the mental and emotional anguish.

The other adult Scientologist in this story also has a child who becomes a Scientologist and then marries a Scientologist. They have a child. Because the husbands family and siblings are also Scientologists, there is more disconnecting going on.

So lets tally this up.

In the beginning there was a family. There were NO Scientologists. 30 years later we have an extended family of 12 people who ALL have had their family relationships harmed, effected for the worse in some way or destroyed due to Hubbard’s policy on DISCONNECTION, and his insane ranting and paranoid writings about Psychologists.

Nice fucking religion.

The good news is the 84 year mother regained a child after said child woke the hell up and realized said-child-self had been in a cult. This same ex-scientologist has helped others leave and re-connect with their family members who had been declared SP’s as well.

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
Disconnection Letter: Private & Privileged?

I repost here, with permission, two posts that appeared on the XSO list. I think the info contained in these posts is worth knowing.

Subject: [XSO] Disconnection Letter: Private & Privileged?
To: [email protected]
Date: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 11:57 AM

I just received registered mail from my mother. It's a letter written
by my older brother and signed by my parents, 2 brothers and their
wives. They pretty much say they no longer wish to to communicate with
me as I am evil and misguided and attacking them, etc. They are
careful not to use the word "disconnect" and do not say I cannot
communicate to them, just that we should part ways. (I find it amusing
they feel they are allowed to condemn me then refuse further
communication. )

They also state "YOU are actually the one breaking up the family."
which is the second time this has been pushed on me, I assume from the
Ethics Section/Legal dept of the cult. The first time my mother came
to our house to tell me this directly. I couldn't believe what I was
hearing!

At the bottom of the letter is says this: "This letter contains
private and privileged material for the sole use of the intended
recipient to whom it is addressed. Any review, use, distribution
electronically or otherwise or disclosure to others is strictly
prohibited."

So, it's for my sole use, but I can't use it? WTF does that mean?

I find it absurd that my own family cuts me off for all intensive
purposes and then tells me I can't communicate this terrible loss to
anyone, or show anyone this letter. What about my wife and daughter?

On top of this, what possible provision could there be to enforce it?
It's an empty threat they couldn't possibly enforce. No consideration
given, no consent on my part, etc.

I am curious if anyone else has seen this sort of wording or has been
told specifically they are breaking up the family when the opposite is
the case with an obvious PTS handling going on.

At any rate, this has prompted me to write up my Scn story and post
it. I'm working on it now, but it will take a while, it's almost 30
years of experience.

Blessings,
Chris​

One of the replies:

Re: [XSO] Disconnection Letter: Private & Privileged?

Chris,

Sorry you've had to go through this, and that your family is so much in lockstep with the Church's "policies" that they are willing to turn their back on their own family. It is tragic.

Thankfully, I have no family left inside. But if I did, I'd send THEM a letter that said more or less the following:

"I will never disconnect from you. I will always love you. I will never let our differences come between us.

"Many families have members that disagree, whether about politics or religion or lifestyle or any other matter. They stay committed to each other and love each other despite these differences. It is what makes a family strong.

"No mainstream church requires that their members "disconnect" from family members who do not agree with their religion or question it.

"Every cult does.

"I do not dispute your right to follow Scientology. But I also have rights. I have the right to NOT believe in Scientology and, yes, to question it. That does not mean I am your "enemy," despite what your group may try to tell you. Just because we hold different opinions does not make us less of a family.

"Is your faith so weak that the slightest contact with a non-believer will shatter it? Is your faith so fragile that you must destroy our family to preserve it?

"Even while you 'disconnect' from me, my love for you remains constant."

You are welcome to use any of this that you care to.

Jeff​

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Disconnection is a confession of powerlessness, complete inability to hold a position. It's too bad this person's entire family has been rendered powerless by their Church. I'm glad to see the XSO member is able to hold his own position, and sorry that he has to suffer disconnection.

Wisened One

Crusader
:no: Wow, what a hard-hitting TRUTHFUL post you posted here, FTS! (And Zinj and the original poster of that). Wow. :clap: :grouch:

FTS: Yeah I agree, your daughter is also not doing the ethics course 'simply by choice' You KNOW she's 'not allowed' to go onto her next ot level because of all this...:no: :hug:

Hubby and I had SUCH a laugh at ALL the LIES that Tommy was spouting off on that BBC show...(we just saw it recently on another forum). It makes you SICK, doesn't it? :grouch: