What's new

DISCONNECTION

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I haven't forced any of them to stay in touch with me. They found out I was still declared and wrote scathing letters and I responded, apologizing and stating my case. In these instances, they have both said, I like you and wish you would handle it, but you know I cannot be connected to you.

Both state it as if the church is governing them. Like if it were up to them, they would stay.

Maybe I should put the other letters here for you all to see what I mean.

My point is its enforced.

They can disconnect if they want. But they connected TO ME, until they found out I was still declared. Ergo, the CHURCH decides for them, eh?

You are right. It is enforced. So much for "think for yourself".

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
You can't fight disconnection. It is a person's right to decide to cease communicating with you. You can complain about an organization which trains people to do this, but it's not illegal for them to do this. Essentially, it sucks. What can you do? You can make a stink. Eventually, either the person will put a stop to you contacting them through restraining orders. Decency should stop you from enforcing yourself upon them, though. I hate disconnection, but I respect a person's right to it if they are feeling that I am abusive, or that they just don't want to know me. That's their bag, baby. I'm okay.

Ron said that the more beings you disconnect from, the smaller you get.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
This is the first message written after the person found out I was declared: (he is foreign so bear with the grammar)

"Just go to show.

Why don't you at least have the decency not to hook up to people you KNOW damn well don't share your views on that matter and save yourself to stuck up some more things you'll have to take some resposnibility for sooner or later.

Bye"

And this was my response to him:

"Sorry you feel that way. I did not intentionally do that. The only way to find out what people are doing what are to approve as a friend, then to see. I cannot see your profile and you cannot see mine until you agree to be friends. Just because I am not in with the church does not mean I do not have friends. There are plenty of people tolerant of it.

And by the way, Scientology public officials state that disconnection doesnt exist and that it is false. I am finding almost daily that it is a lie. Isn't that odd for a group that believes in dealing in truths?

Anyways, I respect your religious beliefs, but I guess you cannot repect that I dont want to be part of the church, but that I still have friends (and there are plenty who dont care, even active Scientologists).

I wish you well and did not intend to upset you. You are a good person. Be well, (Bea)"

And his final response:

"Ok thanks. Were you ever to come to your senses I wouldn't mind at all be in comm till then sorry I can't. "

------

There you go. I still think they are religious robots...

Div6

Crusader
This is the first message written after the person found out I was declared: (he is foreign so bear with the grammar)

"Just go to show.

Why don't you at least have the decency not to hook up to people you KNOW damn well don't share your views on that matter and save yourself to stuck up some more things you'll have to take some resposnibility for sooner or later.

Bye"

"Sorry you feel that way. I did not intentionally do that. The only way to find out what people are doing what are to approve as a friend, then to see. I cannot see your profile and you cannot see mine until you agree to be friends. Just because I am not in with the church does not mean I do not have friends. There are plenty of people tolerant of it.

And by the way, Scientology public officials state that disconnection doesnt exist and that it is false. I am finding almost daily that it is a lie. Isn't that odd for a group that believes in dealing in truths?

Anyways, I respect your religious beliefs, but I guess you cannot repect that I dont want to be part of the church, but that I still have friends (and there are plenty who dont care, even active Scientologists).

I wish you well and did not intend to upset you. You are a good person. Be well, (Bea)"

And his final response:

"Ok thanks. Were you ever to come to your senses I wouldn't mind at all be in comm till then sorry I can't. "

------

And there it is.

The Scn Information Minister insists that there is no such thing as dis-connection.....

When in fact, it is going on every day.

Scn is for robots and DB's.

People incapable of thinking for themselves.

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
Disconnection Letter(s) -- not just one!

This is the first message written
And his final response:
------

Bea, this is enlightening. Yeah, obviously he's being heavily influenced to break off from you. But also obviously, he's NOT totally breaking off from you. He answered your letter back. I'll bet you a nickel, if you wrote him again in a year or so with some great news, like you're getting married or having a kid, or having some great ex-Sea Org reunion, I bet that he would happily receive the news and write back another letter saying he can't communicate to you.

"Disconnection" should be renamed "Bad Connection, Please Re-Dial".

Hey, that gives me an idea. ASHO and AOSH UK newsletters report real births, deaths and weddings, like a newsletter should. Why not pass along such news when you know about it (e.g., Emma & Tansy) and see if they include it. Even if they keep a secret list of us, so they can reject it, the censor might start thinking, "Hey, I'm getting more good news from these SPs, than from the guys in good standing. WTF?"

-mac

uniquemand

Unbeliever
It is, isn't it?

It "indicates", doesn't it?

Can you feel the truth of it?

No, I don't think it's true. Being connected to other people doesn't make you bigger, or stronger. You are as big or strong as you are. However, having a network of people whose resources are at your disposal certainly HELPS. The Church's point, and Hubbard's, is that there are some people that damage you through being connected to them. I think that this is true. The easiest example is addictive drug-users. Most people who have experience of dealing with these people will know that unless they are really exceptional people, they often cheat, lie or steal, have unexpected lapses in performance, and are otherwise unreliable. I have known some people who were addicts that managed to limit the damage of their drug use to their private lives, but this is the exception. Typically, association with these people has serious costs for people who know them in terms of turbulence, loss of assets, wasting time trying to deal with someone else's problem, shame, humiliation, etc. There are other sorts of people who are also negative to be associated with (people who constantly cut you down, continuously cannot be trusted to handle the challenges that confront them, etc.). In each case, you have to decide whether the price of association with that person is worth whatever you gain by association with them, or in rare cases, where you simply decide to take the losses for the other person's sake while you try to help them survive.

Disconnection is sometimes warranted. Handling is sometimes needed. My problem isn't with the CONCEPT of disconnection or handling, so much as the way in which this concept is used as a weapon or a tool of manipulation by the Church.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
No, I don't think it's true. Being connected to other people doesn't make you bigger, or stronger. You are as big or strong as you are. However, having a network of people whose resources are at your disposal certainly HELPS. The Church's point, and Hubbard's, is that there are some people that damage you through being connected to them. I think that this is true. The easiest example is addictive drug-users. Most people who have experience of dealing with these people will know that unless they are really exceptional people, they often cheat, lie or steal, have unexpected lapses in performance, and are otherwise unreliable. I have known some people who were addicts that managed to limit the damage of their drug use to their private lives, but this is the exception. Typically, association with these people has serious costs for people who know them in terms of turbulence, loss of assets, wasting time trying to deal with someone else's problem, shame, humiliation, etc. There are other sorts of people who are also negative to be associated with (people who constantly cut you down, continuously cannot be trusted to handle the challenges that confront them, etc.). In each case, you have to decide whether the price of association with that person is worth whatever you gain by association with them, or in rare cases, where you simply decide to take the losses for the other person's sake while you try to help them survive.

Disconnection is sometimes warranted. Handling is sometimes needed. My problem isn't with the CONCEPT of disconnection or handling, so much as the way in which this concept is used as a weapon or a tool of manipulation by the Church.

Uniquemand, you little slut you...

I didn't ask if you thought it is was true.

I asked if you felt it was true.

"Ron said that the more beings you disconnect from, the smaller you get."

Don't think about it. FEEL it.

C'mon. Admit it. It feels true, doesn't it?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Lol. I'll give you this. It sounds right at first blush. My FEELING about disconnection is intense sadness, loneliness, and purposelessness of continuing living. I'm glad I try to live my life more in accord with my thoughts than my feelings, or I'd be dead.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
My friend is now having people disconnect from her because she wont disconnect from me.

This is a religion with religious tolerance?!?!?!

How can they stand on the street demanding tolerance of their religion when they cannot tolerate any other belief than their own?

As the days pass, I see more and more how ridiculous it is - Scientology.

Even if I ever did handle my SP declare, I would not leave friends because they were still declared! Friends are friends through thick and thin!!! :thumbsup:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
THIS is mind control: (I have been getting tons of messages like this. I should post them all. For anyone who doesnt beleive disconnection doesnt exist in Scientology. I can give you plenty of evidence. For those who dont believe they force abortions: they do. I have had 2 because of them. I could go on and on. The "Church" of Scientology is ABUSIVE.):

A very close friend of mine said:

(Bea), What is the real deal? I have just now received information that you are not in good standing with CofS. Is this correct ? Tell me what happened? We were such good friends a long time ago and care for your well being but you know the policy on those in good standing cannot be connected to those individuals who are not. I hope the info I have is not true!

uniquemand

Unbeliever
What's interesting about this is that people allow their relationships to be controlled by the CofS, in spite of knowing, themselves, that the person is cool, intelligent, capable, helpful, loving, etc.

That most certainly isn't freedom, nevermind Total Freedom. That's total servitude.

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
For anyone who doesnt beleive disconnection doesnt exist in Scientology. I can give you plenty of evidence. For those who dont believe they force abortions: they do. I have had 2 because of them.

Hi Bea,

The disconnection policy is NOT OK with me.

The coerced abortions is REALLY REALLY REALLY NOT OK with me. It really pisses me off that I supported Scientology while this was happening. Laura (DT2000) just revealed her identity. She is the first woman I know of who is not anonymous, was pressured to get an abortion, and DID go through with it, and is speaking out against Scientology. I know there may be problems for you to say who you are, but it puts much more credibility to your story. I am doing a "Doubt" formula on the Church of Scientology. When I complete it, I will be certain to tell both sides my decision, and why. You can be certain that, should these abortion stories prove to be factual -- and that's the way it's looking to me, that all evidence I have will be put in the face of a lot of my Scientologist friends. After 34 years, I have more than a few friends. This is major out-ethics, and anyone supporting Scientology needs to know what they are supporting, what their donations buy.

If you can tolerate the punishment, please give all evidence you can, of disconnection, and of the abortions.

I wish the best for you. I hope you still have a chance to have kids.

Sincerely,
Mac Stevens

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I know there may be problems for you [Bea] to say who you are, but it puts much more credibility to your story.

I suppose Bea is anonymous in that she hasn't literally used her real name on this board, but she has posted photographs of herself and her identity is hardly hidden from the CofS considering all the biographical detail in her story.

Paul