What's new

DISCOVERING THAT YOU ARE OT RIGHT NOW

G

Gottabrain

Just like L Ron Hubbard!

Hearing a nutcase out and judging what he had to say is precisely how so many people got ensnared into the cult in the first place.

There is no shortage in this world of intra-species predators. People who see others as nothing but meal tickets and fools to be exploited.

There is also no shortage of people willing to make snap judgements based on generalities of others they never met, and judge all those that are different to be evil and a menace from an assumed self-awarded position of superiority and authority. The KKK is full of such people.

Johnny is a very nice man. I knew him. MANY people on here did, and do. He is who he is and he'll blow up anyone's preconceived ideas of anything. At no charge! ;) But he is a sincere, sweet person who could probably teach you a thing or two about treating others with respect even when you don't agree, if nothing else.

Veda

Sponsor
Firstly, I don't share Lee_from_phx's view that TMT is a "nut."

And I think that TMT is doing a better job of presenting himself and his views, than are his over eager supporters and defenders.

Here's a post of mine from this thread http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=456173&postcount=317 An excerpt is below. (With attention to the boded parts):

-snip-

Yet, it appears that some are skeptical, and have questions, and perhaps are even a little bit amused, and this has, in turn, sent others into a kind of regressive state - of falling into demonstrating characteristics of (frankly) addled Scientology cultists, with references to "service facs" and "invalidation" and "extremists" and "haters," and such manipulative B.S. as telling others to "Come up to present time!," etc., etc.

And this, while feeling protective of someone who is a Class 12, OT 8, someone with a personal relationship with Ron, and who talks with Ron on a regular basis, and is in touch with high level truth and other wonderful things.

Sheesh!

In the first post from TMT that I encountered - in the Freezone section of ESMB - I read of what he (there) described as his prime purpose:

"My prime purpose is to have everyone think well of Scientology, Dianetics, and L. Ron Hubbard, themselves and everyone else, be they Scientologists or not, and be they in or out of the Church."

I would add that TMT's prime purpose appears to also be to convince himself to think well of Dianetics, Scientology, and L. Ron Hubbard, through whatever mental contortions are necessary.

And that's fine, if that's what it takes to get out of bed in morning and make it through the day, but alright already!

Lots of progress has been made over the years, and I'm glad that TMT is feeling better and communicating. He should continue to do so, although the Scientology Freezone, probably, is a better choice of audience than Ex-Scientologists.

Frankly, TMT needs the information and help available through ESMB more than ESMB needs channelled messages from Ron.

And that help is here, in the archives amongst other places; and the Scientology Freezone is there, and I'm sure there are many there who will enjoy your message, TMT.

And best wishes to you.

-snip-

"...The KKK is full of such people...."

-snip-

This, from L. Ron Hubbard's confidential HCOPL 'Battle Tactics' of 16 February 1969:

"The only safe public opinion to head for is they love us and are in a frenzy of hate against the enemy, this means standard wartime propaganda is what one is doing... Know the mores of your pubic opinion, what they hate [such as the KKK] . That's the enemy. What they love. That's you."

Whether you know it or not, you're applying LRH Tech.

And the sudden transformation from gooey love-bombing to identifying those who simply disagree to the likes of the "KKK," etc. is startling and disappointing, but very Scientological.

This is my last message to TMT on this thread. I hope he reads it: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=456820&postcount=369

Presenting yourself as channelling Ron is never going to be easy - there will be objectors from Ex-Scientologists and from Scientology Indie/Freezoners.

That's to be expected. Get a Blog, get a web site and push forward. Send out your own unalloyed message and take the detractors in stride.

No need to over-react, and you haven't, to your credit.

But don't expect to be exempt from ridicule or criticism, It comes with the territory, and it's healthy.

And to TMT's overzealous apologists, IMO, I don't think he needs your misguided protection.

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
TMT already *has* a website. I forget where it is right now, but, he links to it in one of his early posts. I don't mind him, but, he's here for marketing. Again though, that doesn't bother me, but, he's gonna have to face the ridicule too.

Most of us survive it :)

Zinj

G

Gottabrain

Veda, snipping something out of context from the middle of a sentence to twist my words and prove your point is most definitely "applying Scientology" as well, if you choose to view it that way, or I could as easily call you a Bible thumper for using the same sort of out of context logic. Touche.

Johnny is an old timer Scn and a senior citizen, he has only just become visible after well over a decade of disappearing completely.

My point is YOU DON'T KNOW HIM. You who do not know Johnny are misunderstanding him. He is not out to be a cult leader, gain a following or develop a religion. He is the same as he was for ten years when he gave his own seminars and things in the 80s - seminars the C of S hated very much and for which he was Declared an SP.

He is using the word Scientology to encompass all of HIS beliefs, HIS theories - and these are from the 50s and 60s. Read his personal definition of Scientology and you will see exactly what "Scientology" he's talking about. It is NOT the Church of Scientology. I understand this, all of us who knew him understand this. I can see that it is very shocking for anyone who didn't know him and if I didn't see his name on the bottom of that I might think the same thing.

Johnny is just one of a kind. He is not like Hubbard as far as his personality goes. Hubbard and Raffo are like night and day as far as their integrity and characteristics go.

My point is YOU DON'T KNOW HIM. You who do not know Johnny are misunderstanding him. An attack on his character rather than his statements is unfair and just plain mean. And that is why I came back on it.

Yeh, I'm protective. Children and the elderly require more attention from everyone on respecting their rights because they are vulnerable in different ways.

My apologies, John, but I think some here need to know a bit of how you really think and feel and you need to communicate it better on the Board. These are sharp folks and they deal in specifics and details. I do not believe you will mind if I let them know how you really feel. From a PM Johnny sent me a few days ago, he said:

"My beloved wife Carolyn was in the Child Care Unit and she would go into tears and anger and horrible mis-emotion regarding the insanity, deplorable conditions and abuse. It was horrible, and I would shark with anger, but do all I could to get us back into a feel good condition for I could see no good in basking in the horror of it."

Additionally, John has the courage to use his own name openly from the get-go and I admire that very much.

I certainly don't want to keep coming back here to defend him. Everyone has the right to disagree with his views. But attacking his character is another thing altogether. Johnny is very sensitive and compassionate. He came across wrong, he apologized already... several times over and over again. So what's the purpose of a personal attack on him? To break him? How does that help anybody at all?

He is OT 8 and presents himself per a scientology perspective as someone who is extremely capable....a person who can now handle anything that life throws at him and not go PTS. And yet as veda says, others feel they may rush to his defense, as though he is a three year old.

In contradiction to his advanced state which really *cannot* be overstated, he says he channels Ron and can make the physical universe do the impossible.
The contradiction there, is the point at which I call him nuts and will continue to do so.
If he were not so arrogant and full of himself I wouldn't bother to express it. He has the arrogance that any "OT" must have to maintainn idiotic delusions that elron has installed while claiming to have superior powers to observe "what is".

About the "nice guy" thing. I also thought he was probably a "nice guy" in the beginning. Maybe he is. But when I see his niceness all blended in as part of his whole schtick, and it comes with claims of superhuman powers and claims of a "special" secret relationship with the cult leader Ron Hubbard, and this is supposed to make him all the more worth listening to, well thats where I want to tell all the defenders and the perpatrator where they can stick the niceness.

If he doesn't like this, let him go in session and find which BT I am and audit me out. Or will you all (defenders) do it for him.

Veda

Sponsor
Veda, snipping something out of context from the middle of a sentence to twist my words and prove your point is most definitely "applying Scientology" as well, if you choose to view it that way, or I could as easily call you a Bible thumper for using the same sort of out of context logic. Touche.

The > if clicked will bring you to the entire post.

All the information is available.

This is a Message Board. People have a right to express their views.

You are not helping TMT with your strident over-protective defense of him, or your attacks on his critics.

Observe his response to same, you might learn something.

P.S. Here's George Hamilton on his 70th birthday. He looks pretty good. Plenty of folks - including posters on this MB - are in their sixties and doing quite well, and your protective pity is inappropriate and insulting to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNP5d8w0hV8

G

Gottabrain

Veda, DB, et al -

Point made. Yes, I see how what he wrote is a contradiction.

Did you read as well how upsetting the reactions were to him? How he was up for days straight trying to answer each person individually because it personally broke his heart to have upset anyone?

If not, please review the thread for yourselves.

Why can't you just say the same things you want to him politely? I am sorry you consider this "misplaced pity", but if any of you carries a Certificate in Aged Care and has been a carer, please let me know. Because I do and have and I don't see it that way at all. Even the healthiest 70 year olds have to take considerable precautions to protect their hearts, emotional state and health. Nowhere in Johnny's statements does he say he is in ideal health right now and he was clearly very emotionally distraught from the reactions he got. He feels he needs to stay optimistic to stay on top of things. Maybe he does. I am asking you to consider that. Please.

Veda, DB, et al -

Point made. Yes, I see how what he wrote is a contradiction.

Did you read as well how upsetting the reactions were to him? How he was up for days straight trying to answer each person individually because it personally broke his heart to have upset anyone?

If not, please review the thread for yourselves.

Why can't you just say the same things you want to him politely? I am sorry you consider this "misplaced pity", but if any of you carries a Certificate in Aged Care and has been a carer, please let me know. Because I do and have and I don't see it that way at all. Even the healthiest 70 year olds have to take considerable precautions to protect their hearts, emotional state and health. Nowhere in Johnny's statements does he say he is in ideal health right now and he was clearly very emotionally distraught from the reactions he got. He feels he needs to stay optimistic to stay on top of things. Maybe he does. I am asking you to consider that. Please.

Thanks for getting the point. I had a longish response typed up but scrapped it because it started getting into all sorts of things about what emotional state this guy might be in etc...about which I know nothing really. His age is lrrelevant. If he is not well physically I sympathize with him (excluding any culty or other negative connotations on the word "sympathy").
If he is not the best emotionally right now I hope things work out for him. Either he, or his defenders will have to take what he gets in the way of responses and interactions from ideas he presents..and claims.
Of course people do not want to hit someone when they're down. But things get too complicated if we are supposed to nod in agreement and be kind about bizarre claims and what to me sounds like self indulgence which has been pandered to for decades, because someone is not the best at the moment. There are two different areas there that need to be kept separate IMO.

For whatever it's worth...it seems that in the way that John presents himself, it is easy to see him in a very human way ironically, and that it is partly that which gets so many of the kind of responses and amount of responses to this thread.

I think though, that Vedas response was the best in balancing some of the different issues.

G

Gottabrain

Yes, it is tricky to respond in the best way, no doubt.

But consider he is only new to the Board as well, so a bit more leniency and patience would not be a bad idea.

Things have a way of working out.

I do not know any details of his health condition other than what he has said on the Board (poor eating habits, poor sleep, trauma over his wife passing on) and what I have seen as bad habits in the past. To me, age is not irrelevant at all - seniors have a very different set of health and life factors to consider, so do children, so do teens. Seniors are far more physically fragile in many ways, no matter who they are or how well they take care of themselves. They also suffer more emotional losses from close friends and family passing on. The majority I've known do not like to discuss negative things from the past anyway (and none of those were Scn or exScn) Age can most definitely be a factor.

A little time gives him time to adjust to us, us time to know him. A few days or a week could be enough time for him to even read some of the other threads and things.

Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from. :)

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Gottabrain, I hear where you are coming from and I see it is done with love and the best of intentions.

I just feel you are doing TMT a disservice. Sixty nine is really not old.
Think of Nelson Mandela he became president of a country at 75; 75 very hard years emotionally, psychologically and physically. Do you not think it would be insulting if everytime he stood to address anything from the press to heads of state, by having someone rush in before hand and say to the assembly, "Be nice, he's old, he's had a hard life, he means well"?
In my opinion it would undermine everything he said and did, by painting him as mentally impaired and unable to live life and make decisions as a thinking, rational adult.

Surely TMT wants to present himself as a strong individual, strengthened by OT knowledge/skills/power. How will anyone reading his work believe this, if he is being protected and treated with kid gloves?

Me, I think he is plenty tough enough to withstand some criticism and defend himself. He has gone against the COS and survived, that alone tells me a hell of a lot.

I hope this does not seem like an attack on you or TMT, it is not meant to be, just I personally would like TMT's post to stand or fall on their own merit and not given free passage because we condescendingly think he is a bit old and addled.

G

Gottabrain

Hi Anonomog,

I don't take what you said as anything more than a thoughtful reply.

My concern is when the man says he is staying up to answer every single email from individuals and goes nearly 3 days without sleep because he is that stressed out and upset by the fact he has upset people here when he only intended to make them feel good..

Its on the thread. He felt he had to do that to prove to us that he was a good auditor (counselor).

Did anyone else besides me even read through all his responses on this thread, much less even read through his whole opening statement before commenting?

Yeh, he pushed buttons. He didn't mean to. That was completely different from his intention, which was to make us feel good. He thought we were exScns feeling similarly to how he felt and he thought he’d clean up any bad feelings we had toward the C of S with auditing. He wanted to make us feel good about L Ron Hubbard, Dianetics and The Church of Scientology --- not for the sake of the C of S, but for our own sakes. SO WE COULD FEEL GOOD. PERIOD. Do you see how badly he’s been misunderstood? Do you get it now?

So couldn’t some people have discussed with him why auditing doesn’t make us feel better in a way that didn’t hurt his feelings?

Its not okay with me that anybody that age should feel that stressed out. Do you know how much harder that is on a person who is older?

I think he can be strong once he has his feet on the ground. But he got them knocked out from under him when all he was trying to do was connect up with some ex's that he could chat with about similar things. That's all. He was excited! He wanted to share all the things he had used Scn for successfully over the years with others who would understand. Wouldn't you be excited, if you were in his shoes, after being Declared all those years and cut off from the community you had known all your life?

I was so excited and happy when I came on here, I couldn't get on enough threads at once. I had to read everything, absorb everything, talk to everybody! And my enthusiasm was also terribly misunderstood. It took me quite a while to get the hang of things. I had to learn almost everything about forums and what to say or not say and how not to take things personally and all the history of what happened since I'd been out. I made heaps of mistakes. Ask ANYbody! Lol!

But why put him through that? Why put me and others through that? Its absolutely hell on a person.

Don't you guys know where we exSO and exScns come from who show up out of nowhere who have been declared or disconnected?

A lot of us come out of hiding. From years and years and years of not being able to put that part of our lives together with our lives that we've lived with society. From years and years of having nobody else to talk to about it who understands. That's why Emma so WISELY states that the purpose of this Board is to meet others, make friends, that sort of thing.

Can he survive it and put a tough face on? Maybe. Probably. But what if he can't? Is this some sort of initiation test or stress test? At what point has a person been bashed enough that he or she can be talked to with courtesy like a real human being?

Is there something I’m not getting here, or it something that maybe you or some of the others isn’t understanding? I hope this time I’ve explained something. Now if I’ve missed something, please explain it to me. And I really mean that sincerely. Because the purpose of bashing at new people, seniors, anyone who is vulnerable at a time in their lives - like this, when they first come onboard ESMB and reconnect with a mixed exscn and Anon community -I don't understand the purpose because it seems to do nothing but upset a person and stress them out even more. Why is it done this way?

Isn't ESMB supposed to be the "hug box"?

And please don't be offended that I'm asking you. Because I really don't personally understand that approach as being helpful in any way.

AnonKat

Crusader
Unfriendliness ?

What Somebody getting his head caved in here ?

Pick on me I can take the lot of you.

kitty-1.gif

Just point me in the right direction:coolwink:

Zinjifar

John may think he's auditing ESMB, but ESMB is not willing or cooperative PCs. Yes, it's sad to see the application of The Tech when it forces someone into a debilitating 'comm/Ack' cycle, and, naturally by the nature of a forum that's going to be near to impossible.

I'm not sure what it is exactly you're looking for Gottabrain, but, you're not doing TMT any help by running interference for him or protecting him (however that's supposed to work.)

I've had some nice 'comms' with him since he got here, but, he's a grown man, and it's not helping him to portray him as less than that. He *will* learn how to deal with ESMB, whatever method he eventually ends up with, or, he'll abandon it as insufficient to his ends.

Hopefully if he does stay he'll have cogged to the futility of trying to 'handle' or 'audit' ESMB. *That's* irritating and is going to get him some rough replies.

Zinj

AnonKat

Crusader
John may think he's auditing ESMB, but ESMB is not willing or cooperative PCs. Yes, it's sad to see the application of The Tech when it forces someone into a debilitating 'comm/Ack' cycle, and, naturally by the nature of a forum that's going to be near to impossible.

I'm not sure what it is exactly you're looking for Gottabrain, but, you're not doing TMT any help by running interference for him or protecting him (however that's supposed to work.)

I've had some nice 'comms' with him since he got here, but, he's a grown man, and it's not helping him to portray him as less than that. He *will* learn how to deal with ESMB, whatever method he eventually ends up with, or, he'll abandon it as insufficient to his ends.

Hopefully if he does stay he'll have cogged to the futility of trying to 'handle' or 'audit' ESMB. *That's* irritating and is going to get him some rough replies.

Zinj

Allmighty Zinj has spoken. All Bow down.

13_BowingDown.jpg

Zinj

I don't know about auditing, but he's definitely giving me the tl;dr rundown

G

Gottabrain

Zinj, well, for one thing, I can type faster than anyone on ESMB and I'd rather take on explaining how he was misunderstood to ten or 15 different people than have him do it himself by staying up all night... :no:

and yeh, Zinj, you understand. Certainly too much handholding isn't good for anyone, but there's parts of the whole forum "culture" that I still don't understand. But you're right, I've been more than a bit overprotective. He's just a real nice guy and I want him to have a good experience here at ESMB.

I'd like to see him just be able to pick up and laugh at this whole misunderstanding and make friends here and be better for it.:yes:

Zinjifar

Where it can get painful, *and* educational, is when you realize that the 'misunderstanding' was actually 'understanding' all along.

That's not covered by Ron's ARC :)

Zinj

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
Where it can get painful, *and* educational, is when you realize that the 'misunderstanding' was actually 'understanding' all along.

That's not covered by Ron's ARC :)

Zinj

Sure it is.

Sometimes one gets bognitions, too.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the reply. Some places you have referred to "you guys", I'm assuming you mean the anons, I can't answer for anyone else, but below is what I feel.

TMT, apologies for derailing your thread and talking as if you are out of the room. I will answer this and shut up, promise.

Hi Anonomog,

I don't take what you said as anything more than a thoughtful reply.

My concern is when the man says he is staying up to answer every single email from individuals and goes nearly 3 days without sleep because he is that stressed out and upset by the fact he has upset people here when he only intended to make them feel good..

You cannot take responsibility for anyone else's life, however well meaning it is to worry about him. If it is TMT's choice to stay up for 3 days, that is his choice and responsibility.

Its on the thread. He felt he had to do that to prove to us that he was a good auditor (counselor).

I don't dispute that he may be a brilliant auditor but he seriously misread the board, or failed to lurk moar, and failed to pitch it correctly. TMT has acknowledged this and moved on, and is posting his chronicles to the delight of the people who benefit from it.

Did anyone else besides me even read through all his responses on this thread, much less even read through his whole opening statement before commenting?

Yes, I have read what he has written, and because he has come back and answered and continued on, despite the aggro, my respect for him has grown. It doesn't mean I agree with his posts or wish to follow him on his journey, but there are people who will get something out of it. He must also understand that there will be people on the board who will never appreciate his viewpoint and will always question him on it. Is this such a bad thing? I don't mean bashing, but if he believes his words are important, then surely they are important enough to defend.

Yeh, he pushed buttons. He didn't mean to. That was completely different from his intention, which was to make us feel good. He thought we were exScns feeling similarly to how he felt and he thought he’d clean up any bad feelings we had toward the C of S with auditing. He wanted to make us feel good about L Ron Hubbard, Dianetics and The Church of Scientology --- not for the sake of the C of S, but for our own sakes. SO WE COULD FEEL GOOD. PERIOD. Do you see how badly he’s been misunderstood? Do you get it now?
I got it. Really, I did.
However, in the first post he came across as a snake oil salesman. Now, after reading more posts, I understand more where he is coming from, but we are only known by the posts we make. We can't rely on other people knowing a poster as an honourable person to give credence to them. But I also wonder if after reading more of ESMB, TMT has also learnt about the community. There is an arrogance in presuming to have the answers for anyone else, and in presuming to have a more joyful existence than others. Some people are absolutely blissful in their miserable whingeings.

So couldn’t some people have discussed with him why auditing doesn’t make us feel better in a way that didn’t hurt his feelings?

My visceral reaction to his words was "How dare you disrespect the exes by posting this" and got all mama bear on his ass. Perhaps he could have discussed auditing with the board in a way that wouldn't upset the board's feelings? Its a two way thing here.
Yep, it pressed my button. I've been hanging around here too long and I feel a bit over protective over people who really don't need it, expect it or want it.
I felt exactly the same way when Marty brought his arrogance here and, in my opinion, disrespected Emma, her board and the exes on the board. Its probably the same button as the bashing posts pushed on you.

Its not okay with me that anybody that age should feel that stressed out. Do you know how much harder that is on a person who is older?
I was the caregiver to my parents in law, both of whom died in their 90's. I am very well aware of the weaknesses and capabilities of the elderly. I am a strong advocate of self determinism until the time a person asks for help or it becomes apparent that the person can no longer make rational decisions. My mum in law raised her babies in a basement in London during WW2, alone while her husband was conscripted. While she was extremely physically frail towards the end, there was nothing wrong with her spirit or mind and it used to annoy the hell out of me when a waiter or salesperson would look to me for confirmation of what she said to them. I knew her strength and history and it would deeply offend me that they would disrespect her like that. Its not ok to take away someone's self determination.

I think he can be strong once he has his feet on the ground. But he got them knocked out from under him when all he was trying to do was connect up with some ex's that he could chat with about similar things. That's all. He was excited! He wanted to share all the things he had used Scn for successfully over the years with others who would understand. Wouldn't you be excited, if you were in his shoes, after being Declared all those years and cut off from the community you had known all your life?
I am sorry he got such a hostile response, but he has responded to it and understood where it came from, and the board has been given an opportunity to see who he really is and react as they wish to fuller information.
But just because you, or anyone else vouches for his integrity, doesn't mean I am going to cut slack or ignore what I have perceived to be disrespect. I make my own judgements.

I was so excited and happy when I came on here, I couldn't get on enough threads at once. I had to read everything, absorb everything, talk to everybody! And my enthusiasm was also terribly misunderstood. It took me quite a while to get the hang of things. I had to learn almost everything about forums and what to say or not say and how not to take things personally and all the history of what happened since I'd been out. I made heaps of mistakes. Ask ANYbody! Lol!
I remember Gottabrain, just because I don't post much, does not mean I am not around watching (god I am a stalker!). I felt for you as much as I feel for TMT as I saw you struggling to find your feet. I am glad to see you back btw.

But why put him through that? Why put me and others through that? Its absolutely hell on a person.
Because we are only known by the words on our posts and how they are interpreted by the reader. Unless someone writes their biography on the first post, that post is ageless and genderless, readers can only take an educated guess at the pain, humour or enthusiasm behind the words.

Don't you guys know where we exSO and exScns come from who show up out of nowhere who have been declared or disconnected?
No, I do not know, I haven't walked in your shoes. I try to be empathetic and often when I read something foreign to my experience I try and equate it to something similar in my life so I can gain some measure of understanding. But I will never quite get it 100%.

A lot of us come out of hiding. From years and years and years of not being able to put that part of our lives together with our lives that we've lived with society. From years and years of having nobody else to talk to about it who understands. That's why Emma so WISELY states that the purpose of this Board is to meet others, make friends, that sort of thing.
I appreciate this, one of the best things on this board for me is when exes express their joy when finding old friends, or reconnecting or when I see someone blossom in their posts.

Can he survive it and put a tough face on? Maybe. Probably. But what if he can't? Is this some sort of initiation test or stress test? At what point has a person been bashed enough that he or she can be talked to with courtesy like a real human being?
TMT showed courage of his convictions and stayed and responded. I feel you underestimate him.
He came onto the board with a highly contentious (to some members of the board) post with flags flying and trumpets blaring. It wasn't a quiet little post with a bit of background and asking for companionship. I, personally, have never seen these types of posts getting bashed.

Is there something I’m not getting here, or it something that maybe you or some of the others isn’t understanding? I hope this time I’ve explained something. Now if I’ve missed something, please explain it to me. And I really mean that sincerely. Because the purpose of bashing at new people, seniors, anyone who is vulnerable at a time in their lives - like this, when they first come onboard ESMB and reconnect with a mixed exscn and Anon community -I don't understand the purpose because it seems to do nothing but upset a person and stress them out even more. Why is it done this way?

Again, we only know each other through the posts. If the post is contentious in some way, the poster needs to take responsibility for it. We don't know what is going on in the poster's life unless it is expressed. But do you really believe that a poster is excused for his words because he is having a difficult life?

Isn't ESMB supposed to be the "hug box"?
This is a supportive community of people from diverse cultures with different beliefs and opinions. I'd guess if you started a thread asking for a hug, you would be inundated with them both from people who agree with you and those who don't. Not everyone needs it to be a hug box, maybe they need a vent box or an escape box or a community box.

And please don't be offended that I'm asking you. Because I really don't personally understand that approach as being helpful in any way.

I am not offended in the slightest. Of course bashing isn't helpful, but if anyone makes the decision to post something controversial onto a message board, they should be prepared to be called on it.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
HELPFUL TIP FOR "OTs" POSTING ON ESMB

JPGGreetingsFromCEXcopy.jpg

It's kinda like a woman getting raped...
And the next day the rapist knocking on their door...
Really VGI's & wanting to share some wins on the 2D.​