What's new

DISCOVERING THAT YOU ARE OT RIGHT NOW

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
It Is Done

I'd like to see him just be able to pick up and laugh at this whole misunderstanding and make friends here and be better for it.:yes:

TMT didn't stay "down" for long; he's doing real well now.

I agree with most of your post #404.
He has a very high integrity, and all that you say about him is TRUE in my own experience too.

I did "hat" him on ESMB and predicted with complete accurately what would happen, both the Good and Bad.
(do you hear that RogerB ? )
He did listen, but had his own viewpoints, which he preceded to act on, as we would expect of someone with integrity.

I'm lucky enough to have read a number of his "Chronicles" in advance,
and we have some cool stuff on the way. :thumbsup:

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
HELPFUL TIP FOR "OTs" POSTING ON ESMB

JPGGreetingsFromCEXcopy.jpg

It's kinda like a woman getting raped...
And the next day the rapist knocking on their door...
Really VGI's & wanting to share some wins on the 2D.​

Sick but true.

The Magic Thetan

Patron with Honors
Hi Anonomog,

I don't take what you said as anything more than a thoughtful reply.

My concern is when the man says he is staying up to answer every single email from individuals and goes nearly 3 days without sleep because he is that stressed out and upset by the fact he has upset people here when he only intended to make them feel good..

Its on the thread. He felt he had to do that to prove to us that he was a good auditor (counselor).

Did anyone else besides me even read through all his responses on this thread, much less even read through his whole opening statement before commenting?

Yeh, he pushed buttons. He didn't mean to. That was completely different from his intention, which was to make us feel good. He thought we were exScns feeling similarly to how he felt and he thought he’d clean up any bad feelings we had toward the C of S with auditing. He wanted to make us feel good about L Ron Hubbard, Dianetics and The Church of Scientology --- not for the sake of the C of S, but for our own sakes. SO WE COULD FEEL GOOD. PERIOD. Do you see how badly he’s been misunderstood? Do you get it now?

So couldn’t some people have discussed with him why auditing doesn’t make us feel better in a way that didn’t hurt his feelings?

Its not okay with me that anybody that age should feel that stressed out. Do you know how much harder that is on a person who is older?

I think he can be strong once he has his feet on the ground. But he got them knocked out from under him when all he was trying to do was connect up with some ex's that he could chat with about similar things. That's all. He was excited! He wanted to share all the things he had used Scn for successfully over the years with others who would understand. Wouldn't you be excited, if you were in his shoes, after being Declared all those years and cut off from the community you had known all your life?

I was so excited and happy when I came on here, I couldn't get on enough threads at once. I had to read everything, absorb everything, talk to everybody! And my enthusiasm was also terribly misunderstood. It took me quite a while to get the hang of things. I had to learn almost everything about forums and what to say or not say and how not to take things personally and all the history of what happened since I'd been out. I made heaps of mistakes. Ask ANYbody! Lol!

But why put him through that? Why put me and others through that? Its absolutely hell on a person.

Don't you guys know where we exSO and exScns come from who show up out of nowhere who have been declared or disconnected?

A lot of us come out of hiding. From years and years and years of not being able to put that part of our lives together with our lives that we've lived with society. From years and years of having nobody else to talk to about it who understands. That's why Emma so WISELY states that the purpose of this Board is to meet others, make friends, that sort of thing.

Can he survive it and put a tough face on? Maybe. Probably. But what if he can't? Is this some sort of initiation test or stress test? At what point has a person been bashed enough that he or she can be talked to with courtesy like a real human being?

Is there something I’m not getting here, or it something that maybe you or some of the others isn’t understanding? I hope this time I’ve explained something. Now if I’ve missed something, please explain it to me. And I really mean that sincerely. Because the purpose of bashing at new people, seniors, anyone who is vulnerable at a time in their lives - like this, when they first come onboard ESMB and reconnect with a mixed exscn and Anon community -I don't understand the purpose because it seems to do nothing but upset a person and stress them out even more. Why is it done this way?

Isn't ESMB supposed to be the "hug box"?

And please don't be offended that I'm asking you. Because I really don't personally understand that approach as being helpful in any way.

:):heartflower:Wow.. again.. Thanks for the love. I can't tell you how much it means to me. I am working to re-write the stuff I submitted and remove any labels so I can be seen as just me. I am learning and your love really helps. Thanks so much for being a Magic Thetan yourself. love John

The Magic Thetan

Patron with Honors
John may think he's auditing ESMB, but ESMB is not willing or cooperative PCs. Yes, it's sad to see the application of The Tech when it forces someone into a debilitating 'comm/Ack' cycle, and, naturally by the nature of a forum that's going to be near to impossible.

I'm not sure what it is exactly you're looking for Gottabrain, but, you're not doing TMT any help by running interference for him or protecting him (however that's supposed to work.)

I've had some nice 'comms' with him since he got here, but, he's a grown man, and it's not helping him to portray him as less than that. He *will* learn how to deal with ESMB, whatever method he eventually ends up with, or, he'll abandon it as insufficient to his ends.

Hopefully if he does stay he'll have cogged to the futility of trying to 'handle' or 'audit' ESMB. *That's* irritating and is going to get him some rough replies.

Zinj

:) I have always had a problem trying to please everyone. I do want a world of happy people, but I am also learning to let things be. Thanks for your points of view. Best john

The Magic Thetan

Patron with Honors
Thanks for the reply. Some places you have referred to "you guys", I'm assuming you mean the anons, I can't answer for anyone else, but below is what I feel.

TMT, apologies for derailing your thread and talking as if you are out of the room. I will answer this and shut up, promise.

You cannot take responsibility for anyone else's life, however well meaning it is to worry about him. If it is TMT's choice to stay up for 3 days, that is his choice and responsibility.

I don't dispute that he may be a brilliant auditor but he seriously misread the board, or failed to lurk moar, and failed to pitch it correctly. TMT has acknowledged this and moved on, and is posting his chronicles to the delight of the people who benefit from it.

Yes, I have read what he has written, and because he has come back and answered and continued on, despite the aggro, my respect for him has grown. It doesn't mean I agree with his posts or wish to follow him on his journey, but there are people who will get something out of it. He must also understand that there will be people on the board who will never appreciate his viewpoint and will always question him on it. Is this such a bad thing? I don't mean bashing, but if he believes his words are important, then surely they are important enough to defend.

I got it. Really, I did.
However, in the first post he came across as a snake oil salesman. Now, after reading more posts, I understand more where he is coming from, but we are only known by the posts we make. We can't rely on other people knowing a poster as an honourable person to give credence to them. But I also wonder if after reading more of ESMB, TMT has also learnt about the community. There is an arrogance in presuming to have the answers for anyone else, and in presuming to have a more joyful existence than others. Some people are absolutely blissful in their miserable whingeings.

My visceral reaction to his words was "How dare you disrespect the exes by posting this" and got all mama bear on his ass. Perhaps he could have discussed auditing with the board in a way that wouldn't upset the board's feelings? Its a two way thing here.
Yep, it pressed my button. I've been hanging around here too long and I feel a bit over protective over people who really don't need it, expect it or want it.
I felt exactly the same way when Marty brought his arrogance here and, in my opinion, disrespected Emma, her board and the exes on the board. Its probably the same button as the bashing posts pushed on you.

I was the caregiver to my parents in law, both of whom died in their 90's. I am very well aware of the weaknesses and capabilities of the elderly. I am a strong advocate of self determinism until the time a person asks for help or it becomes apparent that the person can no longer make rational decisions. My mum in law raised her babies in a basement in London during WW2, alone while her husband was conscripted. While she was extremely physically frail towards the end, there was nothing wrong with her spirit or mind and it used to annoy the hell out of me when a waiter or salesperson would look to me for confirmation of what she said to them. I knew her strength and history and it would deeply offend me that they would disrespect her like that. Its not ok to take away someone's self determination.

I am sorry he got such a hostile response, but he has responded to it and understood where it came from, and the board has been given an opportunity to see who he really is and react as they wish to fuller information.
But just because you, or anyone else vouches for his integrity, doesn't mean I am going to cut slack or ignore what I have perceived to be disrespect. I make my own judgements.

I remember Gottabrain, just because I don't post much, does not mean I am not around watching (god I am a stalker!). I felt for you as much as I feel for TMT as I saw you struggling to find your feet. I am glad to see you back btw.

Because we are only known by the words on our posts and how they are interpreted by the reader. Unless someone writes their biography on the first post, that post is ageless and genderless, readers can only take an educated guess at the pain, humour or enthusiasm behind the words.

No, I do not know, I haven't walked in your shoes. I try to be empathetic and often when I read something foreign to my experience I try and equate it to something similar in my life so I can gain some measure of understanding. But I will never quite get it 100%.

I appreciate this, one of the best things on this board for me is when exes express their joy when finding old friends, or reconnecting or when I see someone blossom in their posts.

TMT showed courage of his convictions and stayed and responded. I feel you underestimate him.
He came onto the board with a highly contentious (to some members of the board) post with flags flying and trumpets blaring. It wasn't a quiet little post with a bit of background and asking for companionship. I, personally, have never seen these types of posts getting bashed.

Again, we only know each other through the posts. If the post is contentious in some way, the poster needs to take responsibility for it. We don't know what is going on in the poster's life unless it is expressed. But do you really believe that a poster is excused for his words because he is having a difficult life?

This is a supportive community of people from diverse cultures with different beliefs and opinions. I'd guess if you started a thread asking for a hug, you would be inundated with them both from people who agree with you and those who don't. Not everyone needs it to be a hug box, maybe they need a vent box or an escape box or a community box.

I am not offended in the slightest. Of course bashing isn't helpful, but if anyone makes the decision to post something controversial onto a message board, they should be prepared to be called on it.

:):flowers:Thanks.. You guys are amazing, love, intelligence and uniqueness. I will stick with it. The best part for me is the love and the hugs, but I also learn a lot from smashing my dumb head into the wall and, hopefully learning not to do that anymore. Love and hugs John

The Magic Thetan

Patron with Honors
TMT didn't stay "down" for long; he's doing real well now.

I agree with most of your post #404.
He has a very high integrity, and all that you say about him is TRUE in my own experience too.

I did "hat" him on ESMB and predicted with complete accurately what would happen, both the Good and Bad.
(do you hear that RogerB ? )
He did listen, but had his own viewpoints, which he preceded to act on, as we would expect of someone with integrity.

I'm lucky enough to have read a number of his "Chronicles" in advance,
and we have some cool stuff on the way. :thumbsup:

:):dance3: How can you not like a guy who likes you this much. Thanks, your friendship means the world to me. Love john

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Why do ya think...

Question for the Magic Thetan:

Per your own Chronicle, you have been or are channelling L. Ron Hubbard.

WHY ????

Maybe it's kinda like one of those old pre-war AM radios - ya got the reception from the strongest signal regardless of where der silly tuner dial was set. :confused2::D

(No tellin' what I could pick up if I didna have to keep the blackout curtains on ter keep the C/S frum knowin' everthang!) :nervous::melodramatic::whistling:

EP

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
:goodposting: anonomog

TMT, I'm glad you're still around and doing well.

I hope this won't be misunderstood as anything other than a little bit of humor of how things can go sometimes, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKsd8z6scw

:) Brian

lolololol

That was always my favorite Pee Wee Herman MOMENT in that movie....

Did you know, there is a SEQUEL to that movie; it's called...."PEE WEE GETS DECLARED AND POSTS ON ESMB"

In the sequel, my favorite moment is when everyone on ESMB is acting all rowdy when Pee Wee tries to post...

PEE WEE HERMAN
"I'M TRYING TO USE THE E-METER!!!!"

The Magic Thetan

Patron with Honors
Request for your help from The Magic Thetan

A Request for your help from The Magic Thetan
Chapter -1 Supplement Number 1-10082010
of
The Johnny Raff Chronicles - The Scientology Years

With regard to further ESMB postings, I would like to request your help in determining what to do, or not do, in that regard.

After my 1st ESMB post I got an overwhelming response.

After the posting of my 2nd Johnny Raff Chronicle, about “Hearing People Think”, I got an underwhelming response, although some of you were most kind in expressing your enjoyment of it, and to those my sincere appreciation.

So may I request some feedback that I can use to determine what to do next.

1) Did you read Chronicle Number - 2 4 August 201 Post # 4360 entitled, “Able to Hear people Think.”

2) If yes, what did you think of it, and was it of value to you?

3) Did you read post number 4441 5th August 2010, 10:11 PM entitled “Ron was not Source - The Tech was not Source - You are Source” It was posted on The Old Days Aboard the Apollo thread?, and if you did, what did you think of it, and was it of value to you?

4) My 3rd Johnny Raff Chronicle entitled “Trapped on the Road to Total Freedom” is seventeen pages long. Do you want me to:

A) Post the entire 18 pages?
B) Break it up into several postings, and if you answer yes to
this, how many parts?

I plan to release this post on both threads, The Apollo one and the My Story one, as I want to get it to as many people as possible. I apologize if that is something you cannot experience easily, and I will simply have to work on increasing my ability to experience anything.

It is my current intention to re-write and submit Chronicle Number - 1 so that it harmonizes better with the two rules of happy living I delineated at the beginning of the post.

:thumbsup: Thanks for your answers.

:hattip:All the Best, John

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
And, that's a problem John. There's no reason to post the announcement/question on multiple threads. Most people (I think) read 'New Posts', so, if they're going through, your post in the other thread *will* be seen.

Zinj

FoTi

Crusader
Maybe it's kinda like one of those old pre-war AM radios - ya got the reception from the strongest signal regardless of where der silly tuner dial was set. :confused2::D

(No tellin' what I could pick up if I didna have to keep the blackout curtains on ter keep the C/S frum knowin' everthang!) :nervous::melodramatic::whistling:

EP

You're hiding stuff from the C/S? :omg: :naughty: :giggle:

_brian

WogRevert
lolololol

<snip></snip>
just for fun

HH how could you :melodramatic:

Taking my sincere metaphor...um analogy... er allegory... oh whatever it is :confused2: and twisting it into one of your flimflamming wicked shameless parodies :naughty: how can I ever respect you after this? :p

OK, I don't mean to derail John's chronicle thread as it forges ahead, and it's been fairly hashed out already, but I did see it pop up here minutes after it was posted, and just by the thread title and subforum it was posted in and starting to read the first paragraph I'm thinking; oh oh, tr;dr, and many things others posted in response, even got my dusty ole typing fingers itchy for some posting myself, to immediately alert the OP, but didn't I just let others do the deed.

I was also wondering who in the world would set him up and shove him to run the *proverbial* gauntlet? I then read that it was Blue Spirit and saw John's introduction in the video at the freezone/independent? get together, so was thinking, I hope Blue Spirit apologizes to you for this. Then way later Blue Spirit confesses his success and win of educating and predicting for John what why and how it'll go down. That reminds me of the part of the "Free Being" lrh tape I believe it is, where ron is describing a couple of OT's who come upon a theta trap in the universe somewhere and how one wanted to see how it works so he pushes his OT buddy in to see what would happen. Ron then confesses to us listening to the tape that it was him, or something like that, I could almost type *lol* here, Ha!

Anyways, I've read a couple of your chronicles John, they are entertaining at least. I'm glad you seem to be dealing with the divergent ways of the ESMB :thumbsup: I hope you make many new friends here too. After a bit of time you'll find it's fun learning who's who and their antics.

Carry on you'll do fine.

:) Brian

EP

Oh yeah EP, I have the same curtains, and the signal comes in great :whistling: too

outB4beingpelted

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

L & N
WHY DIDN'T YOU READ CHRONICLE PART II ?​

The only reason a person gives up or does not finish a thread is misunderstood words x

ser facs & evil purps & bt's, oh my! tic

tt;dr LFBD F/N (item indicated)

too theta; didn't read

Last edited:

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Cram for Helluv

L & N
WHY DIDN'T YOU READ CHRONICLE PART II ?​

The only reason a person gives up or does not finish a thread is misunderstood words x

ser facs & evil purps & bt's, oh my! tic

tt;dr LFBD F/N (item indicated)

too theta; didn't read

FLUNK !!!

PC INDICATORS NOT RECORDED.

HelluvaHoax!

HH how could you :melodramatic: Taking my sincere metaphor...um analogy... er allegory... oh whatever it is :confused2: and twisting it into one of your flimflamming wicked shameless parodies :naughty: how can I ever respect you after this? :p

Sincere apologies for my mistake of going to extremes. I must have gone PTS. Let's see...

I was studying Ron's early years as Buddha and....oh yeah!

That's when I went PTS to the Middle Way.

HelluvaHoax!

FLUNK !!!

PC INDICATORS NOT RECORDED.

Yeah, I always had an MU on how to tell a BT's indicators when I could not see them.

But...there was one (1) time I knew for sure that the BT was line charging--because I telepathically picked up that there was etherial milk shooting out of its nose.