What's new

Dismantle and Disect L Ron Hubbard's Scientology "Tech" to "as is" it for real

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
This thread is so that anyone who wants to dismantle and disect L Ron Hubbard's Tech in order to get out of a confusion one got into whilst under the hypnotic trance of Scientology.

This will help you heal from the confusion.

Please post L Ron Hubbard quotes and translate the message intended to manipulate you out of money, time, friends, family and life. Also - to get you to lie, commit crimes or hurt others in the name of KEEPING SCIENTOLOGY WORKING.

START!!

This is a quote from L Ron Hubbard in A New Slant on Life:

“A human being will revolt against and distrust any source which contributes to him more than he contributes to it.” LRH, New Slant on Life

What this is doing is giving a hypnotic suggestion the reader that you will REVOLT against and DISTRUST any "source" unless you GIVE more than the source that contributes to helping you.

Give to Scientology more than Scientology gave to you or you will revolt and distrust it.

Very clever - that fucktard Hubbard!

I would love to hear from GIB as to what type of rhetorical writing this is.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here is another one:

"What is true for you is true for you" L Ron Hubbard

How was that line used on you?

When I disagreed with some piece of tech in the beginning - the staff member would be still love bombing me...and use this quote:eyeroll:

I thought that was so kewl...:unsure:

CRINGE:ohmy:

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here is another one:

"What is true for you is true for you" L Ron Hubbard

How was that line used on you?

When I disagreed with some piece of tech in the beginning - the staff member would be still love bombing me...and use this quote:eyeroll:

I thought that was so kewl...:unsure:

CRINGE:ohmy:

I just posted this on another thread and thought it was apropos:

The Bait: Upon first entering scio, a person is told that 'what is true for you, is true for you'. This is said many, many times and implies that you may like and agree with certain things Hubbard said and that you may cast aside things you don't agree with. This seems logical and reasonable to everyone.

The Switch: Very soon after one does a couple of courses and reads a couple of books, the new person is forbidden from disagreeing with anything Hubbard wrote or said. If you come to a passage that you disagree with, you are told to re-read it and clear up any 'misunderstood' word until it 'makes sense' to you. If you say that you think Hubbard was cruel to say that people below 2.0 on the tone scale can be 'disposed of quietly and without sorrow', you would be forced to 'word clear' the passage and if that doesn't work, you would be sent to ethics until you agreed with it. In other words, Hubbard never, ever made a mistake and is 100% correct at all times. You cannot proceed 'up the bridge' if you do not concede.

Gib

Crusader
This thread is so that anyone who wants to dismantle and disect L Ron Hubbard's Tech in order to get out of a confusion one got into whilst under the hypnotic trance of Scientology.

This will help you heal from the confusion.

Please post L Ron Hubbard quotes and translate the message intended to manipulate you out of money, time, friends, family and life. Also - to get you to lie, commit crimes or hurt others in the name of KEEPING SCIENTOLOGY WORKING.

START!!

This is a quote from L Ron Hubbard in A New Slant on Life:

A human being will revolt against and distrust any source which contributes to him more than he contributes to it.” LRH, New Slant on Life

What this is doing is giving a hypnotic suggestion the reader that you will REVOLT against and DISTRUST any "source" unless you GIVE more than the source that contributes to helping you.

Give to Scientology more than Scientology gave to you or you will revolt and distrust it.

Very clever - that fucktard Hubbard!

I would love to hear from GIB as to what type of rhetorical writing this is.

the phrase "revolt against and distrust" is an appeal to emotions (pathos), to stir the emotions up.

the whole sentence is a appeal to logic (logos), ie

A (revolt against and distrust) happens because of B. B is: contributes to him more than he contributes to it.

---------------------
as you state:

"What this is doing is giving a hypnotic suggestion the reader that you will REVOLT against and DISTRUST any "source" unless you GIVE more than the source that contributes to helping you.

Give to Scientology more than Scientology gave to you or you will revolt and distrust it."

Very true.

Here's what's funny, staff and public give money and time to the Hubbard and his brainchild COS, and guess what, they don't trust anybody, ie, everybody has to do sec checks or Security Checks. :hysterical:

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
I just posted this on another thread and thought it was apropos:

What you wrote is spot on.

The Bait: Upon first entering scio, a person is told that 'what is true for you, is true for you'. This is said many, many times and implies that you may like and agree with certain things Hubbard said and that you may cast aside things you don't agree with. This seems logical and reasonable to everyone.

The Switch: Very soon after one does a couple of courses and reads a couple of books, the new person is forbidden from disagreeing with anything Hubbard wrote or said. If you come to a passage that you disagree with, you are told to re-read it and clear up any 'misunderstood' word until it 'makes sense' to you. If you say that you think Hubbard was cruel to say that people below 2.0 on the tone scale can be 'disposed of quietly and without sorrow', you would be forced to 'word clear' the passage and if that doesn't work, you would be sent to ethics until you agreed with it. In other words, Hubbard never, ever made a mistake and is 100% correct at all times. You cannot proceed 'up the bridge' if you do not concede.

But, what I think is missing, thinking from an outsider viewpoint, and a person might say so what, just leave.

But, what's missing is that we were prior convinced of achieving the state of "clear" and then "OT". I think something like that is what is missing from peoples explanation of the con of dianetic and scientology to the media or scholars. :confused2:

This whole concept of clear/ot is part of the glue that sticks us. I know it was for me when I first started researching.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

But, what I think is missing, thinking from an outsider viewpoint, and a person might say so what, just leave.

But, what's missing is that we were prior convinced of achieving the state of "clear" and then "OT". I think something like that is what is missing from peoples explanation of the con of dianetic and scientology to the media or scholars. :confused2:

This whole concept of clear/ot is part of the glue that sticks us. I know it was for me when I first started researching.

We were hooked on the HOPE of clear, OT, or even just freedom from suffering the "ups and downs" which we were convinced did not need to happen (the downs, that is).

There was no actual clear or OT, but there were people all around who had lots of confidence and appeared bright and happy. Hope can go a long way to give people a jolt of enthusiasm.

We wanted to be on the side of the "good" people; to not be on the side of good was to be an SP. Horrors!

We wanted to believe in the promises and so we were hooked on Hope. It felt good at the time.

Hypatia

Pagan
According to Bill Franks, Hubbard told him and D Mayo that he'd found out staff leave/blow because of ARC breaks. Look at the implications of this. He knew it wasn't overts or misunderstood words. He knew he was pissing people off. Yet he still set the blown staff policies and referred to them as DBs. How very telling.

Gib

Crusader
We were hooked on the HOPE of clear, OT, or even just freedom from suffering the "ups and downs" which we were convinced did not need to happen (the downs, that is).

There was no actual clear or OT, but there were people all around who had lots of confidence and appeared bright and happy. Hope can go a long way to give people a jolt of enthusiasm.

We wanted to be on the side of the "good" people; to not be on the side of good was to be an SP. Horrors!

We wanted to believe in the promises and so we were hooked on Hope. It felt good at the time.

and Ron turned that word hope into certainty, we felt we would be certain in attaining the state of clear and then OT. LOL

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

As soon as a person Hears "Clear" and "OT" they become "curious about" and this appeals to the intelligent people out there. They word clear "Thetan" fairly quickly on the small courses and may even word clear Operating Thetan (SATAN with a lisp) from Ordo Templi Orientis / Thelema Religion.

I believe the promo around the Org has the commands "Get up the Bridge" "Go Clear" "Go OT" and Dianetic's promises "Clear" in a few hours for some...are you the lucky Lotto winner that can "Go Clear" in only a few hours?? That is why Slappy Miscavige regurgitated, repackaged and re-sold "Dianetic's" and offered it to newbies for ETERNITY. He tried to hook NOI on Dianetic's and it did work for only a few. Most of them left.

Remember when they had "Dianetic's,The Modern Science of Mental Health" course :whistling:a few years ago and it was a total FLOP. Why? Us, the media and the Internet! VWD SP's!! VWD Indeed! They offered that course to get people thinking they could "go clear" in a few hours as L Ron Hubbard claimed. A homo novus that does not get sick, has incredible IQ, can solve all problems A to B etc. (all lies)

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
According to Bill Franks, Hubbard told him and D Mayo that he'd found out staff leave/blow because of ARC breaks. Look at the implications of this. He knew it wasn't overts or misunderstood words. He knew he was pissing people off. Yet he still set the blown staff policies and referred to them as DBs. How very telling.

Thank you! This is one of the most confusing pieces of "tech" that when implanted in the subconscious mind, is quite effective to the newly indoctrinated clam.:omg: This one makes $cientology a lot of money!!:yes:

Now here is some information from Jon Atack about L Ron Hubbard and hypnotism. If you don't believe you were hypnotised by Hubbard, think about the information here. Make sure you understand how to hypnotise and that he was a master hypnotist who practiced it for many years prior to writing "Dianetic's" . IN fact, he refers to a "trance" in Dianetic's and "reverie".

Jon Atack "The Total Freedom Trap"

[h=2]21 MANIPULATION[/h] "When somebody enrolls, consider he or she has joined up for the duration of the universe - never permit an `open-minded' approach ... If they enrolled, they're aboard, and if they're aboard they're here on the same terms as the rest of us - win or die in the attempt. Never let them be half minded about being Scientologists ... When Mrs. Pattycake comes to us to be taught, turn that wandering doubt in her eye into a fixed, dedicated glare .. The proper instruction attitude is `. . We'd rather have you dead than incapable. "' - L. Ron Hubbard, Keeping Scientology Working, 7 February 1965, reissued 27 August 1980.

Hubbard claimed to have studied hypnosis from his teens onwards. At the outset, he admitted that his Dianetic "research" was done using deep trance hypnosis. In the early days, he also admitted that the Dianetic procedure could be trance inducing. The term "hypnosis" has aroused much controversy. Probably the most exacting conceptual framework was made by hypnotherapist Milton Erickson, who asserted that hypnosis is an interaction between people which accesses altered states of consciousness.
Contemporary psychology accepts that most mental processes occur below consciousness. A hypnotherapist accesses the unconscious in an attempt to place beneficial suggestions therein which will have the same motivating force upon the individual as his or her own decisions. In hypnotherapy, the client gives permission for this process to occur. In Scientology, the process occurs without consent.
Hubbard asserted that everything that exists is a product of consciousness: Reality is agreement", "the universe is an agreed upon apparency". From this perspective, Scientology seeks to change the individual's perception of reality, and replace it with Hubbard's notions, at the same time pretending that the individual is becoming more aware, and more "self-determined". Scientology claims to be scientific, but factually, it is impossible to undertake "auditing" without submitting to beliefs which have not been scientifically validated, such as reincarnation, possession by spirits (or body thetans) and the existence and influence of "engrams".
Restrictions are put upon Scientologists to prevent them reaching a critical understanding of Scientology. Explanation of Hubbard's work is forbidden; the materials must be quoted exactly. Dissent from the materials is also forbidden then Scientologist's "realisations" in counselling must align with Hubbard's pronouncements about the nature of reality. Any disagreement with Hubbard or his teachings will lead the individual to the "Ethics Office", a department of Scientology's internal police force.
The Scientologist may not talk about his "case" or problems other than to his or her auditor, thus inhibiting close relationships. The "technology" of Scientology is and always has been right (even when Hubbard changed it every few months), and failure to achieve spectacular success (i.e., euphoric states) is always considered to be the fault of either the auditor or the preclear, never of the techniques. Scientologists are led to believe that criticism (unless made by Hubbard) always stems from guilt about one's own transgressions. The individual's attention is focused inwards and so deflected from consideration of Hubbard's or Scientology's faults.
Scientology procedures are comparable with those of hypnotherapy. In Training Routine 0, two people are supposed to sit looking at each other "for some hours". Visual fixation has long been accepted as a means of inducing altered or trance states. Repetition is another method of induction, and Hubbard admitted that a number of his procedures are mindnumbingly monotonous. It is possible in Scientology to sit for several hours answering the same single line question, the wording never varied, such as "From where could you communicate to a victim?"
Eventually, the individual's entire perception and belief system is over-ridden by Scientology. The Scientologist may not talk about the Operating Thetan levels, so is separated from most of humanity, believing malevolent spirits to be the real cause of all disability and conflict. Scientologists do not accept any other perception of reality than Hubbard's. Hubbard derided hypnotherapy, psychology, analysis, meditation and religious counselling, claiming that Scientology is the only effective system.
Staff members, especially those in the Sea Organization, become even more suggestible through long working hours, sleep deprivation, poor diet and regular doses of the Rehabilitation Project Force.