What's new

Divorce - Scientology style

Just a chance to vent:

I was no longer on staff, but my wife of 4 years still was (she was Mission staff).

One day this Mission holder "superstar" from California comes to our lowely southeast (lets just call him "Tom") to look for expansion opportunities, and decides to camp out where my wife worked. We had a nearby apartment with one empty room so I welcomed him and his wife to stay there. They clicked with my wife and were talking about taking over the local mission and making her an exec.

Then sudden change of mind and they go back to their mission on the west coast, deciding to take her along with her. Offer her a position there. Great.

I fly out and bring her back home, she is an alien at first then eventually clicks back and wonders about how crazy that whole California thing was, we are back home.

Normal for a while.

Some weeks later "Tom" decides that he wants to pioneer a new mission in the Carolinas, and who better than my wife to run it. I hear nothing of this until my wife is in a u-haul truck with them on the move.

She is no longer allowed to communicate with me!

I arrange a meeting at Flag, "neutral ground". Not that they would go there for me but it was some Mission summit and they agreed to a Chaplain cycle there. Tom and wife keep my (tiny) wife protected between them at all times, I am not allowed to talk to her.

I managed to arrange that she meet me for a cup of cal-mag after 10pm at canteen and it was like talking to a ghost.

The next morning superstar Tom comes to meet me by the Hibiscus to explain that I should just leave because this is 3rd dynamic, not 2nd dynamic.

That was the last time I saw my wife.

Last edited:

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just a chance to vent:

I was no longer on staff, but my wife of 4 years still was (she was Mission staff).

One day this Mission "superstar" from California comes to our lowely southeast (lets just call him "Tom") to look for expansion opportunities, and decide to camp out where my wife worked. We had a nearby apartment with one empty room so I welcomed him and his wife to stay there. They clicked with my wife and were talking about taking over the local missin and making her an exec.

Then sudden change of mind and they go back to their mission on the west coast, deciding to take her along with her. Offer her a position there. Great.

I fly out and bring her back home, she is an alien at first then eventually clicks back and wonders about how crazy that whole California thing was, we are back home.

Normal for a while.

Some weeks later "Tom" decides that he wants to pioneer a new mission in the Carolinas, and who better than my wife to run it. I hear nothing of this until my wife is in a u-haul truck with them on the move.

I arrange a meeting at Flag, "neutral ground". Not that they would go there for me but it was some Mission summit and they agreed to a Chaplain cycle there. Tom and wife keep my (tiny) wife protected between them at all times, I am not allowed to talk to her.

I managed to arrange that she meet me for a cup of cal-mag after 10pm at canteen and it was like talking to a ghost.

The next morning superstar Tom comes to meet me by the Hibiscus to explain that I should just leave because this is 3rd dynamic, not 2nd dynamic.

Hideous fucking cult. :angry:
Sorry to hear this happened to you AnotherOne! That's just wrong.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
She was not a good wife, obviously.
You are free now.
Let it go soon.

Peace, brother.

Actually, before I sound like I am just complaining:

She was not allowed to talk to me at all, and from my end I was physically prevented from doing so.

Flag Chaplains and EOs were useless in my attempts to get Tom and his wife to allow communication.

A couple of years later I heard that she had since cried and asked about me.

Not blaming or condoning anything, and yes sad she was weak but superstars Tom and his wife were ruling the mission scene back then.

And thanks yes I am over it now have a wonderful family, still a twinge of sadness for something so unnecessary and crazy. Not sure what made me bring this up now.

Many crazy stories unforntunately, like most here I woud guess.

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
Welcome Another One. Thanks for sharing that horror story. I can totally see that happening. Greatest good and all that....

The whole marriage/divorce thing in Scientology has had me baffled from the beginning. It was like musical chairs, only with marriages. It's still incomprehensible and reprehensible to me. If the tech works, I always asked myself, why wasn't it used to salvage the marriage? Never made sense.

I'm glad you now have a family and I can totally understand that little twinge about that. :no:

Cherished

I am truly horrified.

She was not "allowed" to talk to you? This is when the police should have been involved (I understand why you didn't).

How long ago was this, AnotherOne?

Happy Days

Sad Story AnotherOne and thank you for sharing.

I came to realise many years ago that the Church and its representatives were just a continual third party in your marriage and your relationship with your children and your friends.

I so sympathise with you :bigcry::bigcry:

Disconnection is an evil mechanism of control use by the Church on those in, those trying to get out and those out :angry::angry:

Sindy

Crusader

She was not allowed to talk to me at all, and from my end I was physically prevented from doing so.

Flag Chaplains and EOs were useless in my attempts to get Tom and his wife to allow communication.

Not blaming or condoning anything, and yes sad she was weak but superstars Tom and his wife were ruling the mission scene back then.

And thanks yes I am over it now have a wonderful family, still a twinge of sadness for something so unnecessary and crazy. Not sure what made me bring this up now.

Because it was important. You can bring up anything here, anytime. Nobody knows how and when various parts of the crazy cult will rear their ugly head. Use the space here to get it ALL out and cleansed out in the sunlight. :)

NCSP

Patron Meritorious
Because it was important. You can bring up anything here, anytime. Nobody knows how and when various parts of the crazy cult will rear their ugly head. Use the space here to get it ALL out and cleansed out in the sunlight. :)

This.

Also, every time someone like you tells his story, it gets harder for the cult to say, "Oh, they're making it up," or "This was just an isolated incident."

It's stories like this that made me go from just a member of the public, never having any contact with Scientology, to thinking, "Whoa, something's wrong here," to reading more, to becoming an active opponent of CoS. They really do make their own enemies.

Welcome!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
@AnotherOne.. Your story from real (Scientology) life is unfortunatly rather common in that cult. Seems they're wrecking peoples 2D every chance they get.
<snip> I came to realise many years ago that the Church and its representatives were just a continual third party in your marriage and your relationship with your children and your friends. <snip>
^^^ That sums it up quite nicely.

:yes:

Last edited:

Feral

Rogue male
G'day! Another one, welcome!

They tried that with my wife and I, didn't work so good. I'm sorry they succeeded with your wife.

The thing is it began from a valid criticism of me, then it grew before my eyes till it was grounds for separating us, we were leaving staff, if we were divorced they could salvage one at least, they went for her, she was more cooperative.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=141046&postcount=19

Tom needs his "reality" adjusted if you ask me. A tune up would be of great benefit!

You could start by naming him fully, include where his mission is for future raids, I mean reference.

Bwahahaha!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Just a chance to vent:

One day this Mission "superstar" from California comes to our lowely southeast (lets just call him "Tom") to look for expansion opportunities, and decide to camp out where my wife worked. We had a nearby apartment with one empty room so I welcomed him and his wife to stay there. They clicked with my wife and were talking about taking over the local missin and making her an exec.

Normal for a while.

:console: The impact of other's influence, combined with the 'command intention' have ruined many a family.

I have seen this happen. A good friend lost her good marriage this way except that her husband was an opinion leader and the church wanted him to not be with her and somehow they convinced him to leave her. This was a happy couple so it was a surprise to everyone at the mission they went to. Her husband and she were so close until this happened. He would talk about other things but not why he was breaking up the marriage. Despite herpleading with him to meet with the Chaplain, he told her that it was over and there was nothing she could do to change the situation, that he loved her but it was for the best.

The Chaplain later told her it was because she was chronically ill and her PTSness was holding him back. Meantime, she was getting inadequate medical care from Shaw Med Center. She gave up trying and lost the love of her life. She never spoke of it again. Eventually she got out of Scientology but not for some years. She went to a regular 'wog' doctor who quickly diagnosed and treated her thyroid, which was the 'why' for her being ill all the time, and she was well again. Such are the wins to be had outside this cult.

So, I can understand your hurt. Thanks for speaking up about it. You might also want to read another ex's posts about her marriage and what happened. Look for Deb Lee in the Community section, under Members. You are not alone.

Keep telling your story, It can be very cathartic.

Mary

Last edited:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello !

Hello, AnotherOne - and Welcome ! :welcome: :wave:

So sorry that happened - scno/co$ sucks - THAT sucks. :grouch:

I am glad you moved on, have a family, and are here. :D

Keep sharing - love the stories. :yes:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

It's way OK to complain - you got treated like shit and got no support from the very group you were supporting.

I find it strange you refer to your ex as "she" and don't mention the names of the two manipulative mission holder people either - why is that?

The reason I am asking is that I a curious as to why you would allow these twits to abuse you then and then allow them to drift off into anonymity?

Who were the "ethics' officers and chaplains who stood by?

Not surprised.

Why not blame? After all you clearly lay out that these two people came into your life and repaid your hospitality by splitting up your marriage. Nothing wrong with blaming them.

You did not "pull it in" this is not some karmaic justice - you got abused.

its part of healing. Glad you are here and glad you are talking about it. A word of advice - you don't need to be "fair" when you are talking about it.

Dukat

Patron with Honors
Welcome AnotherOne!

Sorry to hear your story. Like the others have said here, keep telling your story and use their names.

It's time to expose the creepy cult that hurts people and destroys families.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: AnotherOne.

Glad you are here - I've seen the same scenario you endured played out several times here in Oz and elsewhere. What Mick said is 100% correct.

You got abused. Continually.

With malice aforethought by "the most ethical group on the planet." :puke:

Folks, did not expect this many (any) replies and thanks, for some reason "venting" here does give me a bit of closure in this otherwise insane scenario (looking back now, duh!).

Just another example of how on the inside even basic logic (e.g. "Can I talk to my wife?") can be distorted by Scientology!

And while I have one hundred anecdotes of abuse, stealing or plain stupidity - in the last couple of days I've had a chance to read more on this forum.

I could only report more of the same. Onwards.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Folks, did not expect this many (any) replies and thanks, for some reason "venting" here does give me a bit of closure in this otherwise insane scenario (looking back now, duh!).

Just another example of how on the inside even basic logic (e.g. "Can I talk to my wife?") can be distorted by Scientology!

And while I have one hundred anecdotes of abuse, stealing or plain stupidity - in the last couple of days I've had a chance to read more on this forum.

I could only report more of the same. Onwards.

More of the same is absolutely fine. In fact vital, as it shows these are not isolated cases of abuse and distress by disgrunted apostates, as scientology claims. :)

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
More of the same is absolutely fine. In fact vital, as it shows these are not isolated cases of abuse and distress by disgrunted apostates, as scientology claims. :)

What Free to shine said!

Please keep posting whatever burdens you from the past in CoS. ESMB is a great place to exorcize them!