What's new

DM from another angle

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, suppose so.... well, something is happening at the moment, so let's see what happens next and help any way we can, through this board or otherwise, all those happy souls that decide to jump ship.
It kinda makes me think though that it will destroy itself all by itself anyway in a short while, and then whatever tech survives the day and is useful will make its way into society, if it did not already exist somewhere in the first place... I am just glad that I can have my own viewpoint and opinion about it now. Not something I can say I had for an odd 17 years while I was giving it my everything. Now that I look back, it is so clear to me that the self destruction started a lot earlier than I thought, and now the light is going to go out soon. That is a good think considering everyting. I will soon assist my brother, and hopefully many more of my "friends" that are still stuck, on his way of recovery and am looking forward to that.
Your posts are a great help to me and I am sure also many others, Lionheart, so thanks again, and now let's sit back and enjoy the show.... :happydance:

Yes, this board and individuals like you will be a great help as the thetans blow off from the CofS body! :thumbsup:

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sort of like running Power properly, on all CofS members!

As such the CofS would no longer be because it is predicated upon Ron being Source.

Even Scn itself would no longer be because that too is predicated upon Ron being Source or evaluator-in-chief! :coolwink:

That really is the price of evolution - original sources beget better sources. (Hopefully.) :)

Look at the evolution of literacy on this planet - it has been a step by step evolution.

Ron's and later DM's refusal to allow other sources and his destruction of any originators has led to the present monstrosity called Scientology.

In a safe environment positive evolutions take place - it is usually very self-correcting.

ESMB and XSO are testaments to this! :)

Alan

Div6

Crusader
That really is the price of evolution - original sources beget better sources. (Hopefully.) :)

Look at the evolution of literacy on this planet - it has been a step by step evolution.

Ron's and later DM's refusal to allow other sources and his destruction of any originators has led to the present monstrosity called Scientology.

In a safe environment positive evolutions take place - it is usually very self-correcting.

ESMB and XSO are testaments to this! :)

Alan

Props to Ems.....:coolwink:

She deserves them.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thank you! :)

It is sometimes unpopular to say this, but DM is as much a victim of Scn as any of us. Perhaps even more so!

Unfortunately those of us who were around during LRH's time will dwindle away and the CofS will re-paint history with LRH as some wholely benevolent influence.

If DM goes (possibly with a sackful of CofS money and assets?), I expect there are a whole series of other ruthless tryrants waiting to take his place and move LRH's Command Intention forwards. They will paint DM as an evil SP who illegally seized power and suppressed the church during his tenure. This is what LRH did after each of his purges.

Scientology cannot reform itself without violating LRH policies - he set it up that way.

The most ruthless tryant will rise to the top to replace DM just as he replaced LRH and the game will go on... and on... and on...

Who do you think is the next tyrant?

Little Bear Victor

Who do you think is the next tyrant?

Doesn't seem the most likely outcome that there is going to be another one real soon. It would require DM handing over the hat to someone else; something he is not going to do, and when he goes, he'll take the church as we know it down with him.

So the question is more along the lines of: who's gonna be left after the meltdown? Conservatively 50-80% of people will take off at that point.

Authority-wise the "next in line" would have been Russ Bellin -- if DM hadn't taken him off CO CST post.

Warren McShane? (The only real RTC Exec left.) He'd never make it.

I can't think of anyone who could hold it together if DM left.

Last person to be in charge of the base has been Lisa Allen (CO Gold). Second female candidate is Jenny Linson (ex-CO CMOI). Don't know if either has been in RTC at any point, so I can't imagine them taking over Scientology, RTC and CST included.

On the more constructive side we have Norman Starkey and Greg Wilhere, neither of whom have any authority at the moment. That's more like wishful thinking.

Then again, if you really wanted to make a mess of it, you could of course put Marc Yager in charge.

Almost impossible to guess, but my highest bet at the moment is, if DM would vanish in the haze tomorrow, that Russ Bellin would somehow end up in charge despite his current status. As CO CST, he had been in charge of production on the base for 5 or 6 years before he was busted by DM in 2006. All new packaging, the CD production plant and manufacturing lines, new Pubs lines, the Mark VIII E-meter, the (incomplete) Superpower equipment and virtually every other thing except for events and books was accomplished under his supervision, not by DM.

And then there is the de facto second in command, Tom Cruise... (I'm joking -- he knows f-all about the actual operations of the Sea Org, no matter how much DM might be asking his opinion on matters of broad public PR).

Pascal

I agree

I agree. Anyone able enough to replace DM is out of the COS. Someone that able would not tolerate being in such an incompetent outfit nor would DM be able to keep his position with someone like that around.

Anyone truely able right now would be disgusted by COS culture and staff. As happens daily with upstats stepping in an org that is not yet "ideal". Then again, you'd need "ideal" staff too. "Ideal" management. Much needs to be done and undone.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Every time I see the title of this thread, I get an ass picture in my head. And its really annoying.

Sorry.

Another angle?

Sorry.

Angry mood today. Wierd for me. Oh well.

Love y'all.

Still tryin' to catch up on all the threads. Phew. Its alot!!

Div6

Crusader
Every time I see the title of this thread, I get an ass picture in my head. And its really annoying.

Sorry.

Another angle?

Sorry.

Love y'all.

Its gotten strange since you've been away....:melodramatic:

I for one welcome our Bea Overlord back to the fold. :hattip:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Sorry.

Another angle?

Sorry.

Love y'all.

I love that first line. :D
Good to see you Bea!

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Hold on a bit.

Yes it was remarkable how he got into power - he used extreme overt hostility to suppress, degrade and eliminate every possible rival. Such evil has been noted in history in the lives of people like Hitler and Stalin. Remarkable that such a person could appear in Scientology, remarkable that no one there had the guts to kick him out when they had the chance.

An impossible organisation to run? Well any organisation would be if you insisted on doing it all yourself. His failing - in company with every tyrant who has ever breathed - is that he has always been unable to trust anyone. He has no friends, never has had, he only has people in fear of him. Running an organisation in these circumstances is indeed near-impossible.

He couldn't get others to "get it"? Are you suggesting that he understands Scientology at all? Do you think he always "got it" better than all the trained and experienced auditors that were there?

No ways. He consistently destroyed what was good and effective and supplanted it with his own tyrannical dramatisations of self-rightness and perceived enemies behind every door. The boy is insane - plain and simple.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. He grabbed all the power for himself and is inflicting the consequent insanity on the entire organisation, blaming them all for it.

It's not hard to understand.

What he said. :thumbsup:

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was looking at some pages on lerma.net the other day and reading this account of a conversation that Doreeen had with Hubbard, I was reminded of this thread.

'He said it was an idea he had picked up from Nazi Germany. He said Hitler was a madman, but nevertheless a genius in his own right and the Nazi Youth was one of the smartest ideas he ever had. With young people you had a blank slate and you could write anything you wanted on it and it would be your writing. That was his idea, to take young people and mould them into little Hubbards.' Doreen Smith. In Bare Faced Messiah.

Poor, hapless David Miscavige was one of those blank slates that Hubbard moulded into a version of himself. Remember his admissions reveal an intention to turn all men into his slaves. This is what we are still seeing at the top of Scn management structure.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Of course, this joke only works if it's done "early doors" on the thread.

dm.jpg

Even then, it's not that funny. :eyeroll:
Anyhoo, I wanted to blood my new photobucket account. :)