What's new

DM MUST GIVE LIVE, UNRESTRICTED DEPOSITION in Monique Rathbun's suit!

Lone Star

Crusader
In the video you say: "More people leave, more people speak out, more people leave, more people speak out, and now.. WHOA!"
Tory, you know what this is?
This is EXPANSION!! :biggrin: You look at it, and it's just going BOOM!!
:coolwink: :happydance: :clap:

We need exploding stat graph special effects!!! :hysterical:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
HH what is your opinion on what happened yesterday when initially Jefferson and Cedillo accepted the fact that the Judge said DM can be deposed. So much so that at first Lamont Jefferson indicated that they would not appeal it, and went across the street with Mosey's lawyers to work out some details for the deposition.

Then after the recess they come back with a copy of DM's next three month itinerary being provided to both the court and Ray Jeffreys. Then I notice that Monique Yingling passes a note up to Cedillo and Jefferson and then the bottom drops out. Now they're appealing and they want Tiny Fist's itinerary back. Lol....

Anyway, do you think that they didn't have DM's approval and he blew a lid over Monique's laptop connection? Or did he just have an epic change of heart?

My opinion? Just the usual stuff. DM is enraged that the incompetent attorneys betrayed him.

"He" could have made it go right, he bellows! Except that he is the one that selected and paid millions of dollars to the attorneys of "his" choice, elected and approved "his" legal strategy, proving quite conclusively that "he" cannot make it go right. LOL.

It doesn't have to make sense, it's Scientology.

Last edited:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
HH what is your opinion on what happened yesterday when initially Jefferson and Cedillo accepted the fact that the Judge said DM can be deposed. So much so that at first Lamont Jefferson indicated that they would not appeal it, and went across the street with Mosey's lawyers to work out some details for the deposition.

Then after the recess they come back with a copy of DM's next three month itinerary being provided to both the court and Ray Jeffreys. Then I notice that Monique Yingling passes a note up to Cedillo and Jefferson and then the bottom drops out. Now they're appealing and they want Tiny Fist's itinerary back. Lol....

Anyway, do you think that they didn't have DM's approval and he blew a lid over Monique Y's laptop connection? Or did he just have an epic change of heart?

Monique holds trumps.

During 'global' settlement negotiations of RTC vs Lerma, BPI vs FACTNet and Wollershiem - (1996 and the final offer global offer of 9 to 12 million we declined.) when Monique showed up with the BIG checkbook, we knew they were serious...
I believe she is the senior lawyer for Scn and is signatory on some BIG accounts.

Lone Star

Crusader
Monique holds trumps.

During 'global' settlement negotiations of RTC vs Lerma, BPI vs FACTNet and Wollershiem - (1996 and the final offer global offer of 9 to 12 million we declined.) when Monique showed up with the BIG checkbook, we knew they were serious...
I believe she is the senior lawyer for Scn and is signatory on some BIG accounts.

Oh yes she is most definitely the senior lawyer for the cult, and I don't doubt that she is signatory on big cult accounts.

I'm still just curious about what happened yesterday. I know that none of us can say why it happened definitively. I'm just wondering what some others who've had more experience with DM and the cult think.

It appears to me that either A) DM did not approve of going along with deposition plan-making without first declaring that he would appeal, or B) he did approve it and then changed his mind.

Also I'm wondering about what his plan was with his itinerary. I'm thinking that he provided it solely for the purpose of influencing the Judge on how busy he is and that he really needs to do a written, non-live deposition to accommodate his schedule. That's what Jefferson really tried hard to get. But when the Judge, ever so politely and judiciously said, "Meh", then Jefferson gave Ray Jeffrey a copy and the Judge a copy. I don't think DM approved of that move at all. Let's just say that people are getting slapped. Lol.....

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Anyway, do you think that they didn't have DM's approval and he blew a lid over Monique Y's laptop connection? Or did he just have an epic change of heart?

I don't know the answer to these questions however I strongly suspect that there were one or more R-Factors from COB that included the following (based upon a remote viewing session I did yesterday):

R-Factor From COB to Multiple Attorneys:

You mother:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:YSCOHB!:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:!!!!!

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Mebbe DM thinks his itinerary could be leaked and he becomes a fair game target?

Just a thought... Assuming the document could be leaked without legal repercussions.

Anyway, DM would most likely be pissed about ANYONE knowing what his activities are or will be.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
As a person who is still fairly new to this board, I do not know what the protocols here are as to giving legal opinions. Are there any posters here who are "verified" in any way regarding their legal knowledge?

If not, I would not believe any posts regarding the ins and outs of legal matters in this case.

Lol, wut? Verified experts? Unless you are paying money to a member of the bar associationyou are not going to get "verified" legal opinions.

Yeah, you must be new if you don't realize a large percentage of ppl here post anonymously with good reason.

There are lawyers on this board (but unless they want the cult to know who they are I doubt they will openly give you their bona fides) There are also quite a few people, like Arnie Lerma, who spent years in litigation with the cult or were members of LMT. They got to do battle in court for years with an army of cult lawyers, getting deposed, harassed, etc... Which is a legal education in its own right. Others here have worked in law firms or the courts. Then others have never seen a day inside a courthouse but they love Law&Order SVU! Lol.

This is a discussion board where people give opinions and discuss things. I think it's a given you make up your own mind about the opinion given. However, there are long term posters on here who are respected and listened to with good reason.

If nothing but "verified legal opinions" on the cult and it's lawsuits was posted there would be .00001% of what you see posted online today, the cult would love it b/c they buy lawyers by the dozens, and it would be boring as hell.

Lone Star

Crusader
Mebbe DM thinks his itinerary could be leaked and he becomes a fair game target?

Just a thought... Assuming the document could be leaked without legal repercussions.

Anyway, DM would most likely be pissed about ANYONE knowing what his activities are or will be.

Yes, but the Judge offered to seal the document so that it would not be made public. Ray Jeffrey would have had to honor that sealing as well.

But I think at that point it was like a childish tantrum, "No! I want it back! Right now! Fuck your promise to seal it! We're appealing anyway!! Fuckers!!! Bigots!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!"

That's how it seemed to me.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Maybe the schedule was just made-up ad hoc bullshit, like so much else. If a copy makes its way to the outside world, then either it gets exposed as utter bullshit or the Dwarf actually has to follow a bullshit schedule full of things he never intended to do at all.

Paul

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: David Miscavige ORDERED FOR UNRESTRICTED DEPOSITION Rathbun v Miscavige Dec 2013

Maybe the schedule was just made-up ad hoc bullshit, like so much else. If a copy makes its way to the outside world, then either it gets exposed as utter bullshit or the Dwarf actually has to follow a bullshit schedule full of things he never intended to do at all.

Paul

I can't yet figure out why CaptainCOB's itinerary was typed-up and in the lawyers' possession in the first place.
All I can think of is that TeamScio expected-but-hoped-against the judge's ruling that he be deposed.
Why else have it handy? (True or not.)

Also...does anyone know when the next hearing is scheduled?
The Anti-SLAPP deadline is Dec 17, the stay re: the deposition Order ends Dec 20, but I haven't seen a post about when the parties are next due in the courtroom.

JB

Lone Star

Crusader

Paul

Yes Derek and I discussed the possibility that the schedule was bullshit....a bluff to show how "busy" he is.

If so, it didn't work. :p :biggrin:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

I totally agree with Paul. Exactly something they would do.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wouldn’t it be funny if the wrong DM schedule (i.e. the real one) got given to the court and this proved that he really did run the cult, amongst other things?

E.g.

December 24, 2013 – Find some major outness that has to be corrected now, which keeps the entire Int Base working until midnight December 25. Review all progress reports on all 437 ongoing OSA ops to shut down critical websites. Make up 5 new programs for OSA.

December 25, 2013 – Watch live video feed of my minions working round the clock while sipping my favorite Scotch and dining on foie gras. Also receive 1 present from each of the remaining staff. Send telex to all org EDs reminding them that we are all in this together and that if they don’t make their E-meter sales targets, the money will be coming out of their pay. I have a new Porsche SUV to pay for.

December 26, 2013 – Let the prisoners out of the New Hole for 1 hour and tell them they have missed Christmas. Send telexes to all CLO units worldwide, telling them they have until the end of the year to get their stats up or else! Remind them that I am the boss and they aren’t fit to lick my John Lobbs.

December 31, 2013 – Tell the staff that the New Year’s party has been cancelled because they are all downstat. And they SCOHB! Review every web article that mentions me. Have dartboards made up featuring photos of Rathbun, Rinder and Ortega.

January 1, 2014 – Send a newsletter out from all OT Committees saying how much they love The COB and include some personal stories of how this and that person had a wonderful personal interaction with me. Don’t forget to mention that I am the only one who can make it go right. And compare me to the Pope. And let’s throw in Mandela as well.

Ax

Lone Star

Crusader
Re: David Miscavige ORDERED FOR UNRESTRICTED DEPOSITION Rathbun v Miscavige Dec 2013

I can't yet figure out why CaptainCOB's itinerary was typed-up and in the lawyers' possession in the first place.
All I can think of is that TeamScio expected-but-hoped-against the judge's ruling that he be deposed.
Why else have it handy? (True or not.)

Also...does anyone know when the next hearing is scheduled?
The Anti-SLAPP deadline is Dec 17, the stay re: the deposition Order ends Dec 20, but I haven't seen a post about when the parties are next due in the courtroom.

JB

Again, I believe that his lawyer had a typed up itinerary for the purpose of influencing the Judge to allow the deposition to be a written only one due to a heavy schedule.

The next hearing has not been scheduled. The Anti-SLAPP deadline is now in mid February. It's a complicated technicality. It had something to do with a 30 day extension if certain criteria were met, the Judge said it had been met. That took it to mid Jan. Then another 30 days can be added if the docket is full. Of course it is full. That took it to mid Feb. If you want more details you can shout out at Derek on Tony's blog. He took extensive notes. He's like a transcriber.

The appeal for the deposition order will take place in a higher state court in Austin. They have until the 20th to appeal. After the 20th I believe Ray Jeffrey has the right to start pursuing a date for the deposition regardless of where the appeal is. It's a very tight deadline and the cult's attorneys were not happy about it. Face it cult, the appeal is a technicality. It will fail.

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nobody can force him to answer questions.

But in a deposition, if he is evasive or non-responsive, that simply makes the job that much easier to reach a verdict in the trial and assess the damages.

Sometimes in a deposition, a refusal or non-answer to a simple direct question is the most damning of all.

Yep. I hope the deposition is 'in camera' as I can't but see that as DM mr micro-mismanage will with his 'reactive mind' do all he can do obfuscate, in which case as far as I understand Ray can protest it, note it and call for a referee which could eventually become Judge Dip himself IN THE COURTROOM and that would not make for a happy 'trier of fact' . I think DM is going to be guaranteed some big...err...little foot bullets 'cause he keeps using that 4 barreled shot gun which is open at all ends. And it looks like the Texan ranger Judge Dip is going to require tiny fists to pull, slap, or punch the trigger.

Last edited:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is no way out.
There is only Bad or Worse.
Miscavige will either lie and obstruct justice which is perjury ~~
Or he will admit to supervising and running dark and unconscionable deeds.....
Ray Jeffrey has provided a road map of how to go after the "CHURCH."
Any subsequent lawyer would be a fool if they did not mirror this pathway and Miscavige's involvement.

Agreed, Karen.

This is a template for how to destroy the cult in court. Get Miscavige involved and have him deposed.

The Holy Grail would be to have him appear in court and get him to perjure himself.

Axiom142

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Quote Originally Posted by oneonewasaracecar View Post

There is a sense that I am getting over the past months: that there is a serious acceleration in decline. The Debbie Cook email, the South African defections and the enormous amount of press and court cases.

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by oneonewasaracecar View Post
.....and many public who are in good standing are fraternizing with freezoners.
I have very little data on that.

Are you talking about matters in Oz?
No I am not talking about matters in Oz. I have no data on that either. I was just fishing. Thanks for taking the bait.

It is sometimes difficult to get reliable data on the freezone as it is a very closed system. There are no published or leaked dox. People who leave the freezone don't post about their experiences. People within the freezone do some of the same things they did while in the CofS. Particularly, they lie or exaggerate.

If there is information that a freezoner doesn't necessarily want to share, sometimes you need to coax information out of them. :biggrin:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

Again, I believe that his lawyer had a typed up itinerary for the purpose of influencing the Judge to allow the deposition to be a written only one due to a heavy schedule. Yes, I read earlier about what you thought the purpose of the itinerary was - and agreed with your assessment, too. :)
However, what I remain puzzled by was why TeamScio had the itinerary ready-to-go in the first place -- before Judge Waldrip ruled. To me, bringing the itinerary in a briefcase to the courthouse means TeamScio had doubts about their chances of winning their previously entered objections to CaptainCOB being deposed. Once Waldrip ruled, yes, they whipped out the itinerary and, just as you say, began their argument that he's WAY too busy for a deposition.

The next hearing has not been scheduled. The Anti-SLAPP deadline is now in mid February. It's a complicated technicality, but trust me, it's true. I believe you.:) (The new date's not been entered in the online court docket yet, but I did notice 2 Briefs were filed on December 12 and a Letter was filed on December 14.)

The appeal for the deposition order will take place in a higher state court in Austin. They have until the 20th to appeal. After the 20th I believe Ray Jeffrey has the right to start pursuing a date for the deposition regardless of where the appeal is. It's a very tight deadline and the cult's attorneys were not happy about it. Face it cult, the appeal is a technicality. It will fail.

Re: above bold.

I think you're correct, generally, but if the Appeal Court issues a "stay" so they can review the issue(s) involved, then everything at the trial level, including discovery, might be put 'on hold'. <---I sure hope not - there's a pantry full of popcorn to nibble on here!

JB