DM Vicious?

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
It's a transcript in the last "Research & Discovery" series books.

Whatever happened to those?

Did they ever make it past 1951, or did they quit the project because there was too much history that they were documenting that could not later be "disappeared"?

Bugged for lack of personnel more than anything else.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
It's a transcript in the last "Research & Discovery" series books.

Whatever happened to those?

Did they ever make it past 1951, or did they quit the project because there was too much history that they were documenting that could not later be "disappeared"?

The R&D Vols seem to be bugged on their third (?) issue.
I have a few of the most recent series and I'm pretty sure this lecture is not there. This conclusion is based on my belief the lecture was March/April 1952. It's also not listed in WIS (for sure) or in the tech vols release references (as far as I recall).

Cheers

tanstaafl

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
The R&D Vols seem to be bugged on their third (?) issue.
I have a few of the most recent series and I'm pretty sure this lecture is not there. This conclusion is based on my belief the lecture was March/April 1952. It's also not listed in WIS (for sure) or in the tech vols release references (as far as I recall).

Cheers

tanstaafl

I remember using it to do meter drills at AO.

It would electrify the other students, and so later we would go out behind the building and run off-beat practices on each other.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
I remember using it to do meter drills at AO.

It would electrify the other students, and so later we would go out behind the building and run off-beat practices on each other.

I marvel at your audacity you naughty thetan! :)

Seriously though (you may have to clear the word "serious" Alanzo :) ) - how much tech training did you do?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Remember when the R & D vols came out, then they told people that the vols weren't any good or something and everybody would have to get the new versions...so bowdlerization there, too, huh?

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Also what about the book Dianetics Today? What happened to that one? It had some really good quotes in it I used as a C/S to help and correct auditors, then it disappeared.

Dianetics Today was just a compilation of HCOBs and BTBs that were current at the time of publication. At the time it was published it was used as the basis for a new Dianetics Course, Hubbard Professional Dianetics Auditor Course or some such, at twice the price of Hubbard Standard Dianetics Course.

Shortly after that, BTB became a dirty word and they were all canceled. Hence the book was obsolete even before NED, which revised about 50 more issues to align with the new commands and postulate off step.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I own a copy of "Dianetics Today".

You may kneel respectfully in my presence, but you may not turn your back to me when you walk out of the room. You can shake my hand, but only if I offer mine first.

The proper address is "Your Majesty".

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
Your Majesty,

May I, Thy humble servant, continue to post in the same thread as Thee, my Lord?

Respectfully

Victor

Or, more pertinently, can you give us some educational quotes as to why this book no longer exists on the free market?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Your Majesty,

May I, Thy humble servant, continue to post in the same thread as Thee, my Lord?

Respectfully

Victor

Or, more pertinently, can you give us some educational quotes as to why this book no longer exists on the free market?

Oh.

I don't know shit about it.

I just have one.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I was told that it was a book on "Standard Dianetics" which was considered "old" or "not in use" and so was struck from course checksheets and taken out of all bookstores.

Standard handling for all old tech.

Now, go clear your MUs.