What's new

DM Vicious?

Romuva

Patron Meritorious
Victor,thanks for sharing that information.

OSA letters don't enlighten me.They only remind me of what kind of an
organization CofS is.Well,I know this too well.

Terril park

Sponsor
His inner circle is not the ex Int Execs. He has a handful of trusted (currently) people who make up the COB Office Staff. They are mostly secretaries and communicators.

It is high discipline all the way and he simply picks those who don't defect no matter what he does. They do believe he is the most on-source and dedicated Scientologist in the universe and does what LRH would. He has the repute to have been (and to still be) LRH's best friend. He appears, as long as you believe he is right and you are wrong, quite brilliant in many ways. While the greatest bulk of the respect he has gained among his staff comes about from flat out (mild description) ethics pressure, it's not like he's just an "anybody." As I mentioned, he does think extremely fast and he chosen to follow a single goal that has molded his life into what it is: Expand Scientology despite anyone or anything. How much that goal is colored by the fact he is pretty much the only one who is gaining in that deal is hard for me to estimate. It is undoubtedly a factor, but it's significance may have been overstated. Personally I think he has gone blind from power and sees himself as surrounded by people trying to take him down, which postulate is one that is now becoming a reality.

The circle as a group will never turn on him. It will be on an individual basis. LRH policy makes sure of the fact that you can never have a mutiny, white of otherwise and get away with it. Any suspected disaffection is reported immediately as per Knowledge Reports and dealt with harshly as an ethics matter. It rarely gets past the point of a few individual indicators which are dealt with. It's pretty brutal. And it is very easy to believe you're the only one having critical thoughts, which per Scn tech means you are the one that has overts against your target of criticism. So you can never express them to anyone around you while in Scientology.

Besides, as you say, LRH does tells us that your eternal salvation depends upon you having no secrets, no overts, no withholds. So either tell the ethics officer or the auditor and take the consequences or forever forgo spiritual improvement, at which point you have lost all hope and the reason you came into Scientology.

That's the way the game is rigged.

Victor

You describe that which per scn tech is a suppressive.

Further you describe him as " Thinking very fast". This is allied to high intelligence.

I've heard from one who was his twin in I think St. Hill, when he was aged 12, it was a struggle to keep up with him.

So per LRH, and well I guess me, the very dangerous person is an " SP" who is intelligent.

I believe the key destructive actions were first the redefinition of an F/N,
and then the result GAT.

I would like to forward some of your posts to Freezone forums, and perhaps more widely.

That OK?

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wait a sec...have you read Virginia McLaughrey's comparison of the PDC lecture #20 -the old and the new?

How is that standard?

As to lecture editing, it's more "free for all" than book editing. First of all, you're editing from spoken to written language, so the transcript does not necessarily perfectly match the spoken word to begin with. Then all stumbles are edited out (both in text and, if possible, from the lecture), then out-PR is edited out (much more freely than in books) and then you may even have different edits of the same tape for two different audiences. You think you hear the entire SHSBC lecture when you listen to a Study Tape that is from that lecture? Nope. :no: Technical data has been taken right out of there. You know: "Why give people MUs on technical terms when they're trying to learn how to study." I don't even disagree with the logic -- as long as I am told that is the case! (And maybe in the case of Study Tapes it is known) Just that I sometimes picked up the "matching" BC lecture instead of the Study Tape and off to the races finding out why the transcript didn't match the lecture...:pullhair:

everfree

Patron Meritorious
I had listened to the Study Tapes, oh, four or five times, and always had trouble following one section. I'd word cleared it and word cleared it but never felt good about it. Then one day I wanted to refer to it quickly but there were no Study Tapes handy so I grabbed it out of the BC tape.

When I read the BC tape transcript it made so much more sense - they had removed an entire section on GPMs and R6 which included the point he was trying to make!

I felt completely betrayed at the time, like somebody was trying to get between "me and LRH" and lessening my understanding of him. I ended up re-listening to all of the study tapes once again, but this time directly from the BC tapes and felt my understanding was vastly improved. Even so, it was always in the back of my mind - if the Study Tapes had been edited without telling anyone, what if the BC tapes have also been edited? How would I even know?

I wouldn't have minded quite so much if it had at least been made known that they were edited and that more was available.

Researching it a bit further, I found that the original white Study Tapes cassettes in the blue binding matched the BC tapes. The tapes with the rocket ship on them released around 1989 is when they started editing them.

Another version of the tapes was released in the mid-ninties sometime which excluded the "education tapes" and I seem to recall were even further edited but I could be wrong about that part, it's been too long.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had listened to the Study Tapes, oh, four or five times, and always had trouble following one section. I'd word cleared it and word cleared it but never felt good about it. Then one day I wanted to refer to it quickly but there were no Study Tapes handy so I grabbed it out of the BC tape.

When I read the BC tape transcript it made so much more sense - they had removed an entire section on GPMs and R6 which included the point he was trying to make!

I felt completely betrayed at the time, like somebody was trying to get between "me and LRH" and lessening my understanding of him. I ended up re-listening to all of the study tapes once again, but this time directly from the BC tapes and felt my understanding was vastly improved. Even so, it was always in the back of my mind - if the Study Tapes had been edited without telling anyone, what if the BC tapes have also been edited? How would I even know?

I wouldn't have minded quite so much if it had at least been made known that they were edited and that more was available.

Researching it a bit further, I found that the original white Study Tapes cassettes in the blue binding matched the BC tapes. The tapes with the rocket ship on them released around 1989 is when they started editing them.

Another version of the tapes was released in the mid-ninties sometime which excluded the "education tapes" and I seem to recall were even further edited but I could be wrong about that part, it's been too long.

I had the same experience listening to one of the 'new' (circa 1989) levels tapes. A total blank spot. I went over it and over it. Finally realized the 'blank spot' was actually not there. there was about a half a page in the transcript that was not on the tape. Someone editing it had carefully joined up two sections which seemed to follow one another, but they actually didn't.

From that point I have not trusted ANY of the re-released anythings. Actually I left shortly after that, but history seems to have proven my instincts correct.

Regards,

Kookaburra

Vinaire

Sponsor
I had the same experience listening to one of the 'new' (circa 1989) levels tapes. A total blank spot. I went over it and over it. Finally realized the 'blank spot' was actually not there. there was about a half a page in the transcript that was not on the tape. Someone editing it had carefully joined up two sections which seemed to follow one another, but they actually didn't.

From that point I have not trusted ANY of the re-released anythings. Actually I left shortly after that, but history seems to have proven my instincts correct.

Regards,

Kookaburra

Weren't Christian scriptures also edited in a similar way (Council of Nicene?) leading to the formation of a formidable Church?

Are we looking at a similar dramatization? Is the original data being preserved somewhere outside CoS?

Terril park

Sponsor
Weren't Christian scriptures also edited in a similar way (Council of Nicene?) leading to the formation of a formidable Church?

Are we looking at a similar dramatization? Is the original data being preserved somewhere outside CoS?

Lol! You catch on quick. The FZ rumour has it is doing a great job of preservation. :)

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
What was edited out of PDC tape 20 was not just stumbles. It was substantive commentary.

Everfree also gives great examples.

Editing out UMs and AHs and so forth is vastly different than taking out sections about GPMs.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

Yeah. Well, what they did was decide what books to even recognize and include in the Bible.

Little Bear Victor

Yeah. Well, what they did was decide what books to even recognize and include in the Bible.

That's no joke. And consider this for a moment: It is very likely we will never see such books as Child Dianetics, The Second Dynamic, The Hymn of Asia or Mission into Time again. So, if you have copies of any, don't throw them away. One day they may be historical evidence. One day soon.

Yes, DM is editing entire books out of the library "for PR reasons".

Wouldn't that count as "lost tech?"

As LRH said, the hardest thing to notice is the omitted.

Victor

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
That's no joke. And consider this for a moment: It is very likely we will never see such books as Child Dianetics, The Second Dynamic, The Hymn of Asia or Mission into Time again. So, if you have copies of any, don't throw them away. One day they may be historical evidence. One day soon.

Yes, DM is editing entire books out of the library "for PR reasons".

What are the PR reasons?

Little Bear Victor

What are the PR reasons?

I can't claim I know them all.

You could say that they were not written by LRH and thus shouldn't be in the library of LRH books and (gullible and non-thinking) public would go "Oh, of course not, thanks for finding that out and telling us about it. We'll send ours in so you pulp them immediately."

I would rather think that the fact that LRH's history on the 2D, both as regards multiple marriages (even overlapping)and his inability to bring up children (only one stayed in Scientology) would disqualify him as the author of Child Dianetics or The Second Dynamic. Moreover, there even isn't enough tech on the subject by LRH to make up a those books as "Based on the Works of."

(Ug, I wished that the LRH Biography was completed one day. It will be a fantastic (or possibly fantasmagorical) resource for comparative studies between Church PR and reality! I wonder if there will be any mention of his former wifes, where his children ended up or anything. Seriously doubt it. Maybe they'll do the "Opus Dei" on him and claim LRH was never married nor had any children and try to wipe out anyone that says differently. Heresy, I say!)

Mission into Time: I don't know what the exact problem is. Lack of proof I would guess -- If the mission purpose was to prove LRH's whole track recall, why would you not publish the book?

Hymn of Asia: Apparently it was a sizable flub at the time of publication; certainly did not gain Buddhist support for or acknowledgement of LRH as the returning Metteya (Buddha) he claimed to be. Republishing would only reopen the conversation that DM doesn't want to have to deal with.

V

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mission into Time: I don't know what the exact problem is. Lack of proof I would guess -- If the mission purpose was to prove LRH's whole track recall, why would you not publish the book?

V

I recall a post by someone who was on the ship and part of that mission, saying that they didn't find anything. Not one thing in all the places that they looked. So the mission actually totally invalidated LRH's wholetrack recall. Enuf reason not to publish it, I'd say.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I beleive either Child Dianetics or the 2D book was written by and credited to Mary Sue. That was why publishing was cancelled. (At least that is what we were told).

Also what about the book Diantetics Today? What happened to that one? It had some really good quotes in it I used as a C/S to help and correct auditors, then it disappeared.

Terril park

Sponsor
I beleive either Child Dianetics or the 2D book was written by and credited to Mary Sue. That was why publishing was cancelled. (At least that is what we were told).

Also what about the book Diantetics Today? What happened to that one? It had some really good quotes in it I used as a C/S to help and correct auditors, then it disappeared.

I believe the main reason is that the LRH C/Sed sessions in the book include sessions of people who were OT3 and above.

Little Bear Victor

I believe the main reason is that the LRH C/Sed sessions in the book include sessions of people who were OT3 and above.

Dianetics Today must have been a dead issue for a long time. Never came up in the time I was there. Could be for the above reason. Some tapes that were earlier released had the same fate.

V

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Yeah.

Whatever happened to The Role of Earth?

It's a transcript in the last "Research & Discovery" series books.

Whatever happened to those?

Did they ever make it past 1951, or did they quit the project because there was too much history that they were documenting that could not later be "disappeared"?