What's new

DM's Event Talking Tech.

Sindy

Crusader
Here is a video of Miss - 25 years ago
We can easily observe
his dry mouth - nervousness - his ''rolling tongue'' in the mouth to humidify it
his frounding to amplifie his words
Almost no contact (eye) with the audience
Only reading the speech - no personnal comment

[video]http://youtu.be/YkIrwdpAW7s[/video]

It woudl be a shame
if 25 years later,
devoting himself to prepare these ''illusion'' events,
he wouldn't have his slaves apply the best sound technology to have his voice
giving impact and deep resonnance
and (with professionnal coaching)
learn when to breath
stop
emphase a word
and to give the impression he is looking at people
and finally able to ''render'' a couple of smile
especially when applauzed

Even though he is lying his ass off in this video, I would still rather listen to him sounding like he does here than the obnoxious sing-songy droning, replete with (lol) corny metaphors, that even he doesn't seem to understand.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Even though he is lying his ass off in this video, I would still rather listen to him sounding like he does here than the obnoxious sing-songy droning, replete with (lol) corny metaphors, that even he doesn't seem to understand.

Yes I know :melodramatic:

But listening at that is very painfull to the ego - it's an epic moment we were given an opportunity to awake - I choose to sleep and dream
:melodramatic:

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Awesome replies, everyone! Thank you!

Now I have "a full conceptual understanding" of DM's Event Talking Tech.

I hope more people will achieve it too. :coolwink:

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron

This reminded me of something, Syn.

About 7 years ago or so, I was at the house of my then ED - Jeanie Sonenfild, good friend at the time, looking through her Scn VHS' collection, when I saw the "The LRH Departure Event" (paraphrasing here) labeled VHS.

I asked Jeanie if I can take it home and watch it. Reluctantly, she let me, adding that she really shouldn't, but oh well. I watched the whole thing and gave it back to her with a thank you note, I think.

The point is, I wonder why Jeanie felt like she shouldn't let me (or anyone, perhaps) watch it (even though she did)?

What was going through her mind back then, I wonder...

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
In a bit of synchronicity, apparently Tony Ortega at the Village Voice was also struggling with the dwarf's manifested super-powerz of event hosting tech:

Tony Ortega said:
Honestly, I don't know how the guy does it. He doesn't seem to have Teleprompters, and never glances at his script. [Mike Rinder has corrected me on this. See note, below.] He just goes on and on in a program that was clearly written carefully ahead of time, extolling the gains of the past decade since the 9/11 attacks, which he calls "The Wake-Up Call."

Rinder's note said:
Tony -- Miscavige uses a teleprompter for EVERY speech he delivers. It's shot so you can't see the screens. But if you look again and note his rhythmic back and forth, left to right, right to left it is a giveaway that someone is reading from a prompter. He has been doing it for 15 years so he has become pretty good at disguising it. He is using a teleprompter -- nobody could remember those idiotically constructed sentences written by Dan Sherman and if you tried to talk like that contemporaneously [sic*] you would get tongue tied and confuse yourself and not be able to complete a sentence (sometimes the case even with the teleprompters). I coined this "speech speech," "Shermanspeak."

For distributed DVDs or whatever, as mentioned in an earlier post, I still think they may also use video masking tech to erase any unwanted objects from view (such as teleprompters; but flunk on leaving in the most objectionable object of all, ahem).

Thanks Free To Shine for the link to Ortega's article at http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/12/david_miscavige_scientology_israel_inglewood.php

* I assume he meant "extemporaneously" - I noticed a comment to the article that pointed this out; also that rathbun had confused the same term a while back - maybe they need to spend a little time away from each other's influence :eyeroll:

Last edited:

Sautez

Patron with Honors
Does anyone else find that they have almost zero tolerance for bullshit since extricating themselves from the con? If I even get a sniff of bullshit my antennae and bullshit meter start flashing RED.

I find it necessary to revisit stuff like the above vids and can only watch for a little bit before I start to feel humorous and angry at the same time.

:angry: :duh: :biggrin:

SirRalliart

Patron with Honors
They also edit out his flubs. He made a couple the Millenium event I got talked flying across the country for. I recall reading somewhere that lots of people got into trouble for those eff-ups.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
In a bit of synchronicity, apparently Tony Ortega at the Village Voice was also struggling with the dwarf's manifested super-powerz of event hosting tech:

For distributed DVDs or whatever, as mentioned in an earlier post, I still think they may also use video masking tech to erase any unwanted objects from view (such as teleprompters; but flunk on leaving in the most objectionable object of all, ahem).

Thanks Free To Shine for the link to Ortega's article at http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/12/david_miscavige_scientology_israel_inglewood.php

Ironic synchronicity indeed, Dear Paradox!

I created this thread yesterday, without ever talking to TonyO.

Oh, the wavelength', something, something. :yes:

P.S. "For distributed DVDs or whatever, as mentioned in an earlier post, I still think they may also use video masking tech to erase any unwanted objects from view
(such as teleprompters; but flunk on leaving in the most objectionable object of all, ahem)." ~ Paradox

^^^ This IS definition of LULZ^^^

Last edited:

looker

Patron Meritorious
To me he sounds like some tour guide at some Alister Crowley "moon child" seance.

Last edited:

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
They also edit out his flubs. He made a couple the Millenium event I got talked flying across the country for. I recall reading somewhere that lots of people got into trouble for those eff-ups.

Thanks, Mike! It's nice to dissect DM's Event Talking Tech to such an extent.

Criminals are lame. Lame criminals like DM are even worse. Sunshine disinfects.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Ironic synchronicity indeed, Dear Paradox!

I created this thread yesterday, without ever talking to TonyO.

Oh, the wavelength', something, something. :yes
:

Maybe more likely that our cool friend Tony enjoys reading ESMB as much as we do. If I was writing a running column for a newspaper, I'd be digging thru everything possible too to come up the great material that he does.

Yesterday I also noticed in his Sunday Funnies page he reprinted a Freewinds Promo Piece selling tickets to attend their "PR TECH CONVENTION" and get hatted on " How to make your products and yourself well thought of." Ludicrous, ain't it? LOL.

I posted that promo piece on 20 November (a few weeks back) in the Stupid Thread and made appropriate comments.

Tony posted that same one yesterday and made similar comments.

Coincidence? You decide.

Stupid Thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21633-Top-100-Stupid-Moments-in-Scientology&p=632795&viewfull=1#post632795

Village Voice: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/12/scientology_sun_5.php

Anyways, keep rocking Tony, we luvvv your stuff!

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
Btw, anyone here saw DM live at some events?

Wouldn't that qualify as an oxymoron*?

:hysterical:

* A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist

Last edited:

paradox

ab intra silentio vera

Yesterday I also noticed in his Sunday Funnies page he reprinted a Freewinds Promo Piece selling tickets to attend their "PR TECH CONVENTION" and get hatted on " How to make your products and yourself well thought of." Ludicrous, ain't it? LOL.

I posted that promo piece on 20 November (a few weeks back) in the Stupid Thread and made appropriate comments.

Coincidence? You decide.

Stupid Thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...in-Scientology&p=632795&viewfull=1#post632795

Village Voice: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/12/scientology_sun_5.php

Or someone (one of his "sources") sent it to him; possibly from your post or from one received in the mail. Either way, you're right, just so long as he keeps on rockin'.

Village Voice said:
So here at the Voice, we've come up with a Scientology Sunday tradition of our own, and we call it Sunday Funnies! Our sources regularly send us Scientology's wacky and tacky fundraising mailers, and each week we choose three of them to gaze upon, hoping that it inspires you to wax eloquent in our comments section. So here we go...

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe more likely that our cool friend Tony enjoys reading ESMB as much as we do. If I was writing a running column for a newspaper, I'd be digging thru everything possible too to come up the great material that he does.

Coincidence? You decide.

Stupid Thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21633-Top-100-Stupid-Moments-in-Scientology&p=632795&viewfull=1#post632795

Good point, HH.
Whether it's the case or not is irrelevant, but you do have an eagle eye.
Tony, truly rocks. I know people who met him in person. He is a fine human being.
I say it as a compliment.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wouldn't that qualify as an oxymoron*?

:hysterical:

* A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist

LOL Oxymoron that is (DM live). :thumbsup:

freethinker

Sponsor
I went to th Y2K New Years event at the Los Angeles Sports Arena. WE waited for hours outside waiting for the doors to open and the event to begin. You had to have a ticket to get in.

They were running so late and everyone was maundering around trying to find their seat.

It was anounced that everyone take a seat wherever they were so the event could start. i found my seat and someone was sitting in it so i showed them my ticket and told them it was my seat. I was being pissy about it after waiting about two hours outside.

During the event, DM was reading from a paper; I'm pretty sure it was a paper, and he stumbled on this one word over and over. All of the sudden he throws his hands out in front of him and yells WHOA!!! and then begins again.

When I returned back to my org they insisted that I come to the event I had already seen. I agreed and when they showed it, that part was edited out and a lot of fancy fanfare that wasn't part of the event in LA was added to the begining.

So keeping with the whole Scio Scam, it was staged and edited to suit.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I went to th Y2K New Years event at the Los Angeles Sports Arena. WE waited for hours outside waiting for the doors to open and the event to begin. You had to have a ticket to get in.

They were running so late and everyone was maundering around trying to find their seat.

It was anounced that everyone take a seat wherever they were so the event could start. i found my seat and someone was sitting in it so i showed them my ticket and told them it was my seat. I was being pissy about it after waiting about two hours outside.

During the event, DM was reading from a paper; I'm pretty sure it was a paper, and he stumbled on this one word over and over. All of the sudden he throws his hands out in front of him and yells WHOA!!! and then begins again.

When I returned back to my org they insisted that I come to the event I had already seen. I agreed and when they showed it, that part was edited out and a lot of fancy fanfare that wasn't part of the event in LA was added to the begining.

So keeping with the whole Scio Scam, it was staged and edited to suit.

Whoa, indeed. Are you for real, Freethinker? Either way, it's clear enough already. Thank you.

Last edited: