What's new

DM's Medals

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I am totally exhausted. I took it upon myself to identify the crap DM has on his lapel, and it is not encouraging.

The last medal on the lower right of the mess is indeed the Global War on Terrorism Civilian Service award.
To the left of that is the Republic of VietNam National Order 5th Class. Next to that is the World War I Occupation Medal. The last two should indicate something. The others were either foreign or such bad pixelation that I could not figure them out. I checked Army, Air Force, Navy and USMC medals, then gave up. Maybe the others are Coast guard, who knows.

All I know is he did not fight in WW I

Winnie

Aw crap! That was a perfectly good mouthful of cider I done wasted thar! :hysterical:

Me thinks he gave an order~ 'Make me a uniform, make it grand! (Or else)'
Aaaaaaand~ off to the local thrift shop the peons went, no idea wtf they were doing and I am pretty sure DM hasn't a fucking clue how badly his pretensions insult all who have served their countries... way ta go David Miscavige ya frikken poser.
What an ass-hat.

Let the lutz continue! :p

:cheers:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Me thinks he gave an order~ 'Make me a uniform, make it grand! (Or else)'

No. There are Flag Orders that lay out what each of those ribbons mean. I used to wear a bunch (9?) of them myself. Ones I remember were longevity (you get to add little silver and gold stars to show how many years you have been conned); and different courses; different orgs served in. There are ribbons for all kinds of stuff. I think I saw one or more of the FOs online if someone wants to google them.

Paul

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
No. There are Flag Orders that lay out what each of those ribbons mean. I used to wear a bunch (9?) of them myself. Ones I remember were longevity (you get to add little silver and gold stars to show how many years you have been conned); and different courses; different orgs served in. There are ribbons for all kinds of stuff. I think I saw one or more of the FOs online if someone wants to google them.

Paul

Well, the ones I identified are real US military awards. Wonder how they can copy them and claim they mean something else. Wearing awards you are not entitled to in the US services is a serious offense. In fact a one Admiral Jeremy Boorda, once the Chief of Naval Operations, comitted suicide in his Washington (DC) Naval Yard quarters when it came out he was wearing ribbons that he was not entitled to. That is heavy shit from my perspective.

Gib

Crusader
No. There are Flag Orders that lay out what each of those ribbons mean. I used to wear a bunch (9?) of them myself. Ones I remember were longevity
(you get to add little silver and gold stars to show how many years you have been conned)
; and different courses; different orgs served in. There are ribbons for all kinds of stuff. I think I saw one or more of the FOs online if someone wants to google them.

Paul

:hysterical:

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=215741

And this is why I learned thru my experience to not be involved with business or employment with a scientologist:

"$10 million to IAS alone (on a financial irregularity deal)
Starving his own employees by no payroll for them while giving it to the "Church"

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Well, the ones I identified are real US military awards. Wonder how they can copy them and claim they mean something else.

As far as I know they didn't "copy" them. They are the same ribbons. They just re-purposed them without regard to the "original" meanings, or the law, or anyone's feelings. It's only wog law, after all, nothing to be concerned about, and if someone's upset they should simply run it out, right?

Paul

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Didn't the "Commodore" promote himself to "Admiral" after he croaked (at the same time he promoted whosis to loyal officer)?

Regardless, I doubt even Mr. David Miscavige, aka Little Hitler, has that much hubris.

Gus

FWIW, Hana Eltringham, now Hana Whitfield, was Deputy Commodore, she is the one who told me about Hubbard saying "It's all just hypnosis"

LongTimeGone

Silver Meritorious Patron
My apologies for being unclear. It becomes more clear as you read the article at the link

What I said was

Commodore in WW2 was a Navy rank just above Captain (a one-star admiral), and at various other times was a title given to a senior Captain who commanded a small group of ships. So Captain is the highest Davey can be if he's unwilling to proclaim himself at a rank equal or higher than Commodore.

What I meant was that the term "Commodore" meant different things at different times in US Navy history, and represented different ranks at different times in Navy history. See the link for details.

In short summary, the set of senior Naval ranks are Captain (military pay grade O-6, same as Army colonel), Rear Admiral Lower Half (military pay grade O-7, alias one-star admiral), Read Admiral Upper Half(O-8, two star admiral) up to full Admiral (O-10, four stars). Commodore at some times meant an O-6, at other times meant an O-7. Read the link for details.

It was not ambiguous at all, you said that the rank above captain was a one star admiral.
At no point did you say that the rank of Captain was a one star Admiral.
Simple to understand and correct as well.
LTG