What's new

do they physically prevent you from leaving?

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
According to some stories I read,
I consider the most difficult place to escape from is the freakwinds ship...

No chance to leave from there and physical restrain and locking up people is a routine to break them...

Stories of Valeska Paris and few others are almost incredible since its so weirdo!

I"d say it is 100% on source (Hubtard) as you will be 'handled' by all means for you don't blow....like it was on the Appolo ship for adults and even small kids...who were physically restrained and punished...by other adults cultist, while some others ignored it to please and obey the pervert Guru....

It was then like today..only a very few would try protect their fellow human beings to be abused

Last edited:

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
In the 70s:
The RPF was promoted as a Scientology tech program with co-auditing, etc. and as a cultie that is how we rationalized it.
What sort of co-auditing was done in the RPF? Metered stuff, or just objectives, or what? ... or was the co-auditing something that was promised but never delivered, like so much in scn?

I physically restrained someone from blowing on two occasions when I was in scn; and I wasn't even SO, just mission staff. The first time was a fellow staff member, and I was acting with others. We took her ID and locked her in her office. Second time was a public student and with him I really got physical, pushed and shoved and yelled ("tone 40").

The first time, even as I was doing it, part of me was thinking "Am I really doing the right thing here?" The second time (a couple years later) I wasn't thinking in those terms at all. I just thought "I CANNOT LET THIS PERSON LEAVE!" and I would have done whatever was necessary to make him stay. Scary. One of the most brainwashed moments in my scn career.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
The problem that occured is that I left a letter to my senior (demanding to leave me alone as I won't never come back in such a boot camp- I was done with theis cult)
I know, by the time he would read my letter I would be enjoying a window seat over the ocean....

but....life had another plan for me...

My flight was delayed - 6 hours ...... :nervous:
It is very difficult to hide in such a small airport..almost impossible...

A few things at that time were of great help in planning an escape at Flag

1) there was the bank building to get money - wire transfer - whatever
2) the was the post office building - to get your important stuff sent in boxes one at the time as nobody notice
3) there was public telephones on the street to get all the info needed to plan escape

Now - people are isolated - monitored by many [STRIKE]security guards[/STRIKE] cult dogs looking after the flock , running on their bicycle leaving no chance to escape their watch....

It sounds like you did just what Jeffrey Augustine's article at the The Underground Bunker was suggesting today:

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/01/au...logist-needs-to-learn-for-real-total-freedom/

Give them written notice that you have left the Church and are legally no longer subject to the Church's judicial system.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
What sort of co-auditing was done in the RPF? Metered stuff, or just objectives, or what? ... or was the co-auditing something that was promised but never delivered, like so much in scn?
<snip>

I suppose it depended on what class/grade auditors happened to be around at the time. Speaking personally, I was a class IV auditor when I was on the RPF and I did stuff like S&D's, green forms, plus rehabbing grades and all sorts of other review actions on the other RPF'ers.

I myself was having doubts about whether or not I'd attested to OT I too speedily and was hoping to do the CC and OT I again, but they weren't buying it. Lol.

Edit. I have to say the RPF in my day (1974) was a totally different proposition to what I read about on this MB now. We were known and highly respected (yeah, I'm not kidding) for getting shit done, and people generally kept out of our way and gave us no hassles. Yes, the food was crap and the accomodation (the boathouse at Stonelands) wasn't the Ritz hotel, but there was great camaraderie among the group, and I quite enjoyed it being away from the stress of 'statmania'.

Other posters here who shared the experience with me still have nightmares about it to this day, but it was just water off a duck's back as far as I was concerned.

Ironically, within a few weeks of having been 'rehabilitated', I left the SO and scientology for ever, and I've never looked back.

Stratty - ex Saint Hill RPF bosun.

Oh, and fuck you Miscavige.

Last edited:

TheSneakster

More Skeptical Than You

According to all reports I've seen, the RPF auditing program was changed entirely to running False Purpose Rundown (FPRD) forms under David "Darth Midget" Miscavige. FPRD is metered auditing. With DM's GAoT 3-Swing F/N's and other Technical alterations, this became a heavy Reverse Auditing rundown designed to cave in victims by convincing them that they were Basically Evil as their False Purposes could never be erased.

This version of the RPF is surely among the most vile of D.M.'s many atrocities. :angry:

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

///

If you run a search for "RPF +audit" you will find a lot of references to sec-checks or "confessionals" oriented towards overts and withholds but I believe Expanded Dianetics was the main original process that was "promoted" to the crew as the rehabilitative component in general and the purported goal was to resolve Service Facsimiles/Evil Intentions. Karen is probably the most qualified person living either in or out to clarify this.

https://wikileaks.org/wiki/Talk:Scientology_Sea_Org_Expanded_Dianetics_Lectures

The List 1 that got so many people summarily sentenced to the RPF in the 70s was basically a list of Evil Ints against LRH or anything Scientology. It was a classic Salem type witch hunt with e-meters instead of dunking cages.

My impression is that under the new regime the program became increasingly oriented toward breaking people in a way that they could be relied upon to not reveal Church secrets or discuss their experiences on the internet and therefore emphasized sec-checks to shift guilt and responsibility onto the subject instead of maintaining the original pretense of "therapy".

You raise a good question. I would like to see more detailed commentary about the actual original processes that LRH based the program on, or as Indies would characterize as the "Standard On-Source RPF Tech". During the original AOLA renovations Capt. Bill Robertson made both EPF and RPF work 30 hours on and 3 off, regardless of the oft-quoted for public consumption work/study/sleep schedule so like everything else, the rules were made to be broken.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
///

Edit. I have to say the RPF in my day (1974) was a totally different proposition to what I read about on this MB now. We were known and highly respected (yeah, I'm not kidding) for getting shit done, and people generally kept out of our way and gave us no hassles. Yes, the food was crap and the accomodation (the boathouse at Stonelands) wasn't the Ritz hotel, but there was great camaraderie among the group, and I quite enjoyed it being away from the stress of 'statmania'.

This is consistent with my experience later 70s. The RPF were extremely competent, required little outside supervision and many members had specialized skills.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
But it's best to mail the notice AFTER you are safely away and in a secure location.

Exactly! :yes:

A sucessful blow depends of time and preparation - till they don't know anything - you get more time and are a little bit ahead to physically distance yourself from the dogs let out :nervous:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Why change the name back? How about just appending the sign to end in prison of belief and add a large sign saying Prison to the one on the top of the building. Hell, then even Miscavige could feel at home with his gang of thieves.
In the 70s:

The autopsy tables were still there also along with the stainless sinks with those cool knee lever controls. It was the RPF's RPF's RPF that was kept in a utility room about 15' deep X 25' wide across the hall from the morgue and a little towards Catalina. This was right across the hall from the cage. It had a regular door, no windows, exposed steam pipes on the ceiling. I think they slept on mattresses on the floor. There isn't anything under the morgue that I know of except possibly a crawl space or conduit.

Edit: So I think the way it was for a while was RPF in the morgue, RPF's RPF in the cage, RPF's RPF's RPF in the utility room. I personally don't remember the cage being used for the RPF's RPF but that might just be my memory. The RPF was later moved to the upper floor of the Main Building.

People did not need to be restrained although Jesse Prince clearly says he was. I expect most remained out of coercion, fear or devout compliance with policy and tech. The RPF was promoted as a Scientology tech program with co-auditing, etc. and as a cultie that is how we rationalized it. They had partners and units that kept an eye on each other and designated "guards" but for the most part there wasn't much in the way of physical restraint. There were a lot of blows. The Complex has many ways of getting from one point to another, lots of exits, fire escapes and lots of windows on lower levels. The tunnel that went under North Berendo St. between the Main Building and AO was completely open. You could pop up in AO right behind reception and be 15 quick paces from the door. Same with ASHO. It opens into the hallway between reception and the ramp that goes down to the Main Building. 25 quick paces to fweedom.

BTW, any bets that L Ron Hubbard Way will convert back to North Berendo St. at some future date?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well yes, I have posted before that I was blocked from leaving by body thetans controlling the security guard at the top of the gangway of the unFREEwinds. Of course I was kidnapped to a different port in a different country and then permitted to leave as I was by then more docile and had been imbued with more of hubtard's ideas about freedom...

According to some stories I read,
I consider the most difficult place to escape from is the freakwinds ship...

No chance to leave from there and physical restrain and locking up people is a routine to break them...

Stories of Valeska Paris and few others are almost incredible since its so weirdo!

I"d say it is 100% on source (Hubtard) as you will be 'handled' by all means for you don't blow....like it was on the Appolo ship for adults and even small kids...who were physically restrained and punished...by other adults cultist, while some others ignored it to please and obey the pervert Guru....

It was then like today..only a very few would try protect their fellow human beings to be abused

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
I witnessed first hand a guy who had voiced his intention to blow the SO (probably during a sec check) accompanied by a 'handler' all day long. This was at the QI at flag. The guy couldn't go anywhere without his 'friend' walking with him, sitting with him at meals and doing whatever. This experience molded my escape plan and no f'ing way was that going to happen to me. I kept my mouth shut and went about my usual business. I was under some scrutiny because I had begun my routing out form and was obviously persona-non-grata, but I just kept my head down and planned everything in secret, telling no one about my intention to blow. When that routing form 'disappeared' in the flag bureaucracy, I implemented my plan post haste and fled at 4am when the entire place was asleep. To this day, I am proud of the subterfuge and lying I got away with to GTFO of the SO...one of the best decisions of my life.

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Great thread with great posts!

IMHO if one is prevented from leaving or threatened with being confined or restrained the individual is traumatized. When it happened to me, my full trust in all things Scientology weakened. Although I returned to the orgs after that incident, I always had an escape plan and never put myself into a place where it would be easy to trap me. Of the many reasons I had to stay away from Scientology, being held involuntarily was near the top of the list.

Then again, for Scientology to "work", one has to allow oneself to be controlled to a great degree whether getting to class on time, working for starvation wages or agreeing to a billion year contract. The meaning of "forced confinement" should extend to six-month sec checks or getting a Leaving FLB Routing Form signed.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
It is known for a fact that there is a procedure called ''blow drill'' to be applied as soon as one Sea Or member leaves, blow escape whitout a proper routing form giving him such ''privilege"

The process consist of having a team to immediately locate the SO member and bring him\her back to the base. The process is not to try to get the person back but to get the SO back.

The more the person is deeply involved in the cult operations - the more pressure will be used to bring back the person. Failure is not an option.

One well known example of this was the story Marty confirmed of Him getting back Annie Broker to the Int Base after she escaped.

It happened to me when I escaped the SO (flag land base)
I made a mistake in my planning and the blow drill team found me at the Airport. I had been warned, by the taxi driver, to remain in public space and to scream it they get physical to take me out of there.
When they finally '' order me with authority : '' come on - you come back (they were about to take me ) - I told them either they don't touch me or I scream they want to rape me. (their face had gone red - very angry) They tried for 3-4 hours to get me leave the place and follow them. The only answer was 'no'

If I were in a place withtout anyone to help me - I am certain they would have physically taken me back - And as I would have fought - they would have locked me up in isolation.....
Thank god I have always been a rebel and escaped before they ''rehabilitate'' me in their prison.

Scientology

It works
It' so theta
so up-tone

Their main duties are to

1) get all the money out of people
2) put people in prison and isolation to prevent them from escaping!

I had no idea you went through an experience like that Sis ... my hat is off to you, it must have been terrifying while it was all happening, just the thought of it is horrifying enough.

:rose:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Well yes, I have posted before that I was blocked from leaving by body thetans controlling the security guard at the top of the gangway of the unFREEwinds. Of course I was kidnapped to a different port in a different country and then permitted to leave as I was by then more docile and had been imbued with more of hubtard's ideas about freedom...

anytime Scientology and the SO are afforded privacy and a place to act at their own will there are going to be criminal acts. It is as inevitable as the law of gravity. I guarantee that there are things that have happened on the Freewinds that were they to become known and proved would drop jaws in amazement at the stupidity of those involved.

A ship is way too convenient a place to keep someone away from others and to disguise and cover up what happens.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Exactly! :yes:

A sucessful blow depends of time and preparation - till they don't know anything - you get more time and are a little bit ahead to physically distance yourself from the dogs let out :nervous:

If I was ever going to advise an SO member getting out, my rules would be:

1) Leave your stuff. Clothes can be replaced. Your freedom cannot. Take only what will fit in your pockets: ID and other valuable documents. Trying to leave with a suitcase will GREATLY reduce your chances of success.

2) Stop looking like an SO member. The uniform makes you stand out at a distance. Wear a colored t-shirt or something under your white SO shirt, and ditch the shirt once you are out of the area.

3) If you cannot be sure that you will be out of the area before they call a "blow drill", then go to ground. Find someplace secure where you can take a nap for a few hours. If they don't immediately find you at the airport or bus station, they just don't have the manpower to stick around waiting for you, unless you are somebody hugely important.

4) If you are female, consider hiding out at a bar (but get at least several miles from the base before looking for one). Let a guy buy you a drink and something to eat, and chat with him for a while.

5) Avoid planes (unless you can be sure you will be gone before they notice you are gone). You have to travel under your real name, and they have travel agents who can look you up. They can then have somebody waiting for you at the other end.

6) MOST IMPORTANT: Be ready to FIGHT for your freedom. If you see somebody approaching you commanding you to return, SCREAM out "Get away from me! Don't touch me! HELP! Police!". The "recovery team" will run and scatter.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
anytime Scientology and the SO are afforded privacy and a place to act at their own will there are going to be criminal acts. It is as inevitable as the law of gravity. I guarantee that there are things that have happened on the Freewinds that were they to become know and proved would drop jaws in amazement at the stupidity of those involved.

A ship is way too convenient a place to keep someone away from others and to disguise and cover up what happens.

Consider the long-in SO member. He or she has systematically had all outside contacts eliminated. It is routine for SO members to disappear for long periods of time "on mission", "went to Int", etc.

If a long-in SO member disappeared, never to be seen again, it's likely nobody would ask questions. It's good for Shelly Miscavige that she has famous people on the outside asking questions about her whereabouts.

phenomanon

Canyon
If I was ever going to advise an SO member getting out, my rules would be:

1) Leave your stuff. Clothes can be replaced. Your freedom cannot. Take only what will fit in your pockets: ID and other valuable documents. Trying to leave with a suitcase will GREATLY reduce your chances of success.

2) Stop looking like an SO member. The uniform makes you stand out at a distance. Wear a colored t-shirt or something under your white SO shirt, and ditch the shirt once you are out of the area.

3) If you cannot be sure that you will be out of the area before they call a "blow drill", then go to ground. Find someplace secure where you can take a nap for a few hours. If they don't immediately find you at the airport or bus station, they just don't have the manpower to stick around waiting for you, unless you are somebody hugely important.

4) If you are female, consider hiding out at a bar (but get at least several miles from the base before looking for one). Let a guy buy you a drink and something to eat, and chat with him for a while.

5) Avoid planes (unless you can be sure you will be gone before they notice you are gone). You have to travel under your real name, and they have travel agents who can look you up. They can then have somebody waiting for you at the other end.

6) MOST IMPORTANT: Be ready to FIGHT for your freedom. If you see somebody approaching you commanding you to return, SCREAM out "Get away from me! Don't touch me! HELP! Police!". The "recovery team" will run and scatter.

I blew The Apollo while she was berthed in Morocco. Down the gangplank with the Quatermaster right behind me, yelling at the top of his lungs. He'd have 'had' me if there hadn't been a Taxi on the dock right near the end of the gangplank, The taxi driver knew what was happening, and ripped outta there real fast. He helped me by driving to a Tangier Hotel, where I holed up for 3 days while the SO patrolled the streets. Then I took a taxi to the Ferry terminal, went to Spain and got on a train to Madrid, and then to the Airport.
That was in 1971.
I "reverted" and stayed away for several years. Then I routed onto tech training at ASHO.
One would wonder what kept me going back, going back, going back "IN" for years and years. I wonder at it myself. And cringe.