What's new

Do You Still Have Friends in Scientology?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
You know what Mick, when there is a true love connection like that between friends miracles happen. I do believe you will meet again some day, I really do feel that. True friendships like that are never forgotten no matter how brainwashed you get. You just stay positive and send positive thoughts his way and just know in your heart that all will be well and you'll all meet up again.

Wow. What a lovely post.

Corsa

Patron with Honors
What's he like to be around? I mean as a person. Just curious. Anyway, I'm hoping things work out for him and I hope you get to talk to him one day.

I knew Vanella and Guillaume at the same place as Mick, at FLEU, from 78 until Guillaume left for Int. Vanella stayed in EU for some more time, to handle visa-matters, as she said.

I usually met Guillaume, when he was picking up his babygirl (Chiara) at the nursery, for parents time (yes, we did have that then :yes: ). I was also picking up my babygirl, and we had some "baby-smalltalk" about bottles and bibs aso, and he was just daddy then.

Postwise, I was his Qual Sec for some time, and as such reponsible for his study and auditing. He used to study in his office. He sent his communicator (Kerstin) to pick up his studymaterials. But I can also remember Guillaume as CO EU showing up in the staff courseroom, asking for a specific reference and just sitting down right there and study it. He was fastflow.
Getting him in session was a lot more difficult, as he rarely managed to be sessionable.

On post, he was absolutely straight forward! His decisions were fast and firm. We had a lot of respect and confidence for him.
It was him then that took me out of Qual to put me on as HAS, after a long recruitment mission. Me as a HAS? Well, that's another story :bigcry: .

Outside post time, it could actually happen that Guillaume or Vanella just started a little chitchat with you when meeting somewhere around. Then, they were just parents or fellow staff members, very nice people just.

I remember a staffmeeting, when Guillaume told us, that earlier at FOLO EU, he had worked in the galley :blush: . The food was so tight then, that they used to hide it away overnight. But staff was very hungry and very skilled in finding the food, so finally the galley crew started digging holes in the ground outside, and hiding food there :ohmy: !
Tight food was a big problem then, you know.

Guillaume was also in favour of our "cigarette-procurment-line", which worked as follows: Every EU student arriving for study was advised to bring taxfree cigs with (as cigs in DK were awfully expensive) from the boat or the airport, which we shared amongst us then. Unfortunately, this was soon forbidden as highly off policy, what a pity :grouch: ! No more cheap cigs :no:.

When Guillaum left for Int, he had all our biggest hopes with him :happydance: !

When I, years later, after having left the SO, when starting to read on the internet, found out, what has happened to Guillaume and Vanella, I had a hard time believing it :omg: . And it still makes me sad :no: .

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Thanks, everyone, for the answers to my questions re Mr. LeSevre. For me, having only seen him at televised events, it's really great to get an idea of him as a person, what he's actually like.

I pray that your friend not only ends up wanting to leave CofS but also does so without fanfare or hassle.

ChaoticPsychotic

Patron with Honors
God, I have a long list of friends who are still "in". It hurts my heart to think of them.

I still have 9 family members "in" as well.

Good twin

Floater
I do have friends still in. The amazing thing is how many friends I found that were secretly out. That is an amazing adventure; finding out that those I would never expect are out. So that means there is hope for anyone. Don't give up on those you love and care about. Let them know that they have someplace to go no matter what. For some that is enough. :yes:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
I do have friends still in. The amazing thing is how many friends I found that were secretly out. That is an amazing adventure; finding out that those I would never expect are out. So that means there is hope for anyone. Don't give up on those you love and care about. Let them know that they have someplace to go no matter what. For some that is enough. :yes:

I second this GT. :thumbsup:

I stayed in the Sea Org for much longer than I should have because I thought that I had nowhere to go.

Axiom142