What's new

Documentary

Sol

Hi!

I'm in the very early stages of putting a documentary together on the subject of Scientology. I should state from the word go that we don't intend to criticise Scientology -rather, we want to provide an even-handed look at things where both sides get to talk and hopefully people can make up their minds for themselves.

It will be shot in the UK and there may possibly (depending on our eventual budget) be a few days of filming in America. I'm posting here to preliminarily scout out anybody that would be willing to take part.

We'll be looking to carry out interviews with ex-scientologists and anti-Scientology advocates among other people. Plus, obviously, research is the backbone of a good documentary and as such, I'd like to establish myself somewhat as part of your online community. It looks like there's a lot of fascinating reading for me to do on this forum.

So to summarise: is anybody willing to get involved with this? Especially those of you in the UK (preferably in the Manchester region)?

Thanks for your time!

Welcome!!:happydance:

Im sure there are many in the UK that are willing to help!

This forum is a great place to do some reasearch, just a warning tho you can get lost very easy here and find yourself reading for hours and hours without even realising.

A great place to start are the stories from ex scientologists you can find them in here:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2

If your looking for information on the "Tech" that is taught in the Orgs you can find all that information here:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42

If you have any questions just post away... The people here are really friendly and we are here to help :thumbsup:

Goodluck and make sure you have some tissues before reading the ex stories as alot of them are quite upsetting.

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
Hi Sol,

Welcome on ESMB.

You're approach sounds good though it's going to be hard to find people who are not critic about Scientology here.

The value of this site is that there are different approaches that can be expressed.

Like Paul I'ld like to know a bit more to make up my mind about a possible participation in your project.

Thanks to let us know.

:coolwink::coolwink::coolwink:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sol

Have a look at "Today Tonight" and ABC: Lateline posts as there are LOTS of in-depth stories already...

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Hi!

I'm in the very early stages of putting a documentary together on the subject of Scientology. I should state from the word go that we don't intend to criticise Scientology -rather, we want to provide an even-handed look at things where both sides get to talk and hopefully people can make up their minds for themselves.

It will be shot in the UK and there may possibly (depending on our eventual budget) be a few days of filming in America. I'm posting here to preliminarily scout out anybody that would be willing to take part.

We'll be looking to carry out interviews with ex-scientologists and anti-Scientology advocates among other people. Plus, obviously, research is the backbone of a good documentary and as such, I'd like to establish myself somewhat as part of your online community. It looks like there's a lot of fascinating reading for me to do on this forum.

So to summarise: is anybody willing to get involved with this? Especially those of you in the UK (preferably in the Manchester region)?

Thanks for your time!

Your request is very general.

There is SO MUCH already on the internet (including interviews on xenutv.com and stuff on YouTube) that I don't know why you are making this request here. If you have a deadline to make I don't even think that you could get through all that is ALREADY available on the internet before your deadline.

R6Basic

Patron Meritorious
Welcome Sol.

Good luck with your Doc.

Good luck w/ C of Scn. trusting you. They are suspicious of reporters, it's in their blood so to speak.

And anything too even will just come out vanilla. So you might have an uphill battle but anything worth while is probably not going to be easy.