Documenting a story I head from Quentin Hubbard

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I found it interesting that a director of planetary science at NASA would state that an unknown catastrophe occurred on Mars. That reminded me of what Quentin had told us forty years ago and I simply wanted to document that I personally heard it.

"In September, 2015, CNN published a story that stated "Eons ago, ancient Mars had “an extensive atmosphere,” along with “an ocean two-thirds the size of the northern hemisphere and a mile deep,” said Jim Green, director of planetary science at NASA said during a press conference on Monday. After an unknown catastrophe, “Mars suffered a major climate change and lost its surface water,” Green explained. "

In the spring of 1977 I took a course in astronomy at the San Diego City College (which was just down the street from the San Diego Org). I do not recall the professor saying anything about an atmosphere on Mars, much less how it was lost.

My question for those smarter than me; was the information about an atmosphere on Mars and a catastrophe scientifically accepted knowledge prior to Quentin's talk in November, 1975?

Howard Dickman
Chandler, Oklahoma

In the 1960s Erich von Daniken was writing about aliens having visited earth and it has been suggested that he got some of his ideas from other author's works published earlier than that.

I don't know if any of these authors specifically mentioned Mars but it seems to me that Hubbard probably just picked up some hearsay and then started spouting it as fact, which was his speciality.

Balthasar

Patron Meritorious
I found it interesting that a director of planetary science at NASA would state that an unknown catastrophe occurred on Mars. That reminded me of what Quentin had told us forty years ago and I simply wanted to document that I personally heard it.

"In September, 2015, CNN published a story that stated "Eons ago, ancient Mars had “an extensive atmosphere,” along with “an ocean two-thirds the size of the northern hemisphere and a mile deep,” said Jim Green, director of planetary science at NASA said during a press conference on Monday. After an unknown catastrophe, “Mars suffered a major climate change and lost its surface water,” Green explained. "

In the spring of 1977 I took a course in astronomy at the San Diego City College (which was just down the street from the San Diego Org). I do not recall the professor saying anything about an atmosphere on Mars, much less how it was lost.

My question for those smarter than me; was the information about an atmosphere on Mars and a catastrophe scientifically accepted knowledge prior to Quentin's talk in November, 1975?

Howard Dickman
Chandler, Oklahoma

It's more that Mars's magnetic poles died off and that caused the atmosphere disappear. I would guess that Mars is about as old as earth because it's in the same system. However, as Mars is smaller, chances are that it died earlier because of less material to burn inside.

That's again my guess but I think Mars also had much less oil layers than Earth. By the way, the oil layers are not the product of accumulation of ancient dead animals, that's evident meantime. Less oil layers made Mars poles too unbalanced to hold life long enough to give birth to a cilvilisation on its own. But this is a pure speculation of mine and I may be wrong.

Now regarding what Quentin said, he probably was right in a sense that Mars had an atmosphere. After all, why not? If the planet was alive which it probably was, there must have been an atmosphere. All planets which are *alive* have an atmosphere. Their caracteristics may vary but all have sort of an atmosphere unless they have burned out. Now there is none on Mars or nearly none, we know that too meantime.

What LRH did was to make an *educated* (gasp :omg:) guess as to what might have happened and to be honest, it is not that hard to make guesses and not be far from the truth. If CNN and a Professor can publish their theories, so can anybody :)

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
LOL, ok that is solved. Now let's move on to Venus, they still has an atmosphere and a booming civilization (well according to another one of hubbards educated, and very likely damn close to being correct, guesses), how long have they got left?

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
It makes me sad when I see photos of Quentin. And Hubbard’s other children as well.

I can’t begin to imagine what life must have been like growing up in that monster’s household. Poor Quentin, force-fed a diet of Hubbard’s rantings and always having to live up to unrealistic expectations. I’m not surprised he couldn’t cope and took his own life.

But like most of the authoritative pronouncements of Scientologists, he was taking rubbish.

We have a good idea of how Mars lost its atmosphere, and it has nothing to do with a space war.

See: http://science.time.com/2013/07/23/revealed-how-mars-lost-its-atmosphere/

Mars’ modern atmosphere is only 1% the density of Earth‘s, but the planet’s watery phase is believed to have lasted for the first billion of its 4.5 billion years, which means its air must have been around that long too. But things were never likely to stay that way. Mars has only half Earth’s diameter, 11% its mass and 38% its gravity, making it easy for upper layers of the original atmosphere to have boiled away into the vacuum of space and been blasted out by meteor hits. And that cycle would build on itself: the thinner the air became, the easier it would be for space rocks to hit the ground, unleashing still more explosive energy and, in effect, blowing still more holes in the sky.

But that’s only one mechanism. Planets can lose their air not just from the top up but also from the bottom down, as elements of the atmosphere bond with — and retreat into — the soil. Martian meteorites that landed on Earth have often been found to include gas bubbles from the Martian sky, evidence that this commingling was going on.

And besides, if there had been a recent, very advanced civilization on Mars, wouldn’t we have seen evidence of it? After all, we have very thoroughly photographed and mapped the surface of that planet now.

Axiom142

Half the diameter but 11% mass? Is that possible? I haven't heard the meteor blast theory before. From what I understand it is the solar wind that blows away the atmosphere but Earth has a molten iron core which creates and huge magnetic field and so deflects the solar wind. If we have much more iron than Mars that might explain the density difference but 11% sounds extreme but I haven't looked it up.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's more that Mars's magnetic poles died off and that caused the atmosphere disappear. I would guess that Mars is about as old as earth because it's in the same system. However, as Mars is smaller, chances are that it died earlier because of less material to burn inside.

That's again my guess but I think Mars also had much less oil layers than Earth. By the way, the oil layers are not the product of accumulation of ancient dead animals, that's evident meantime. Less oil layers made Mars poles too unbalanced to hold life long enough to give birth to a cilvilisation on its own. But this is a pure speculation of mine and I may be wrong.

Now regarding what Quentin said, he probably was right in a sense that Mars had an atmosphere. After all, why not? If the planet was alive which it probably was, there must have been an atmosphere. All planets which are *alive* have an atmosphere. Their caracteristics may vary but all have sort of an atmosphere unless they have burned out. Now there is none on Mars or nearly none, we know that too meantime.

What LRH did was to make an *educated* (gasp :omg:) guess as to what might have happened and to be honest, it is not that hard to make guesses and not be far from the truth. If CNN and a Professor can publish their theories, so can anybody :)

If I'm not mistaken it was the collision that created the moon that created the heat that still exists in the core of the Earth. I've also heard some speculation that uranium decay may be creating some of the heat as well.

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
Half the diameter but 11% mass? Is that possible? I haven't heard the meteor blast theory before. From what I understand it is the solar wind that blows away the atmosphere but Earth has a molten iron core which creates and huge magnetic field and so deflects the solar wind. If we have much more iron than Mars that might explain the density difference but 11% sounds extreme but I haven't looked it up.

Volume of a sphere=3.14XR^3 ....("Pi" X Radius^3) A sphere with a radius of "1" would have a volume of 3.14.....Sphere with a radius of "1/2" would have a volume of .3925 or 12.5% of 3.14 which is pretty close to the 11% mass.... Assuming Mars to be 1/2 the diameter (and radius) of Earth and made up of matter of similar density as those which make up Earth...11% seems about right

Jump

Operating teatime
Volume of a sphere=3.14XR^3 ....("Pi" X Radius^3) A sphere with a radius of "1" would have a volume of 3.14.....Sphere with a radius of "1/2" would have a volume of .3925 or 12.5% of 3.14 which is pretty close to the 11% mass.... Assuming Mars to be 1/2 the diameter (and radius) of Earth and made up of matter of similar density as those which make up Earth...11% seems about right

The volume of a sphere is V = (4/3)*pi*r^3

But it's probably not enough difference to affect your estimate.

Radius=1 : (4/3) * 3.1415 *1 = 4.1886

radius = 0.5 : (4/3) * 3.1415 * 0.125 = (whatevs)

Crossing out the common factors leaves 12.5%.

And of Mars doesn't have so much of the heavy metal core, 11% is looking good.

Last edited:

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
A Hubbardian explanation of Mars' solid core would be that some joker as-ised the molten core and replaced it with a solid one then ran a choo-choo straight through the planet and a girl with a MEST body will punch your ticket for that ride.

maxresdefault_zpssynfbtc7.jpg

:)

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yeah that makes sense as it would be half in 3 dimensions. We'd probably have better odds colonizing the moon. That's a long way to go for a crappy little planet.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks you two, you beat me to it.

Of course there is a simpler way of calculating. If 3-dimensional object (aren’t they all?) such as a spheroid is 0.5 the width of another, then you could simply multiply that amount by itself, 3 times (3 dimensions, see?). Which would give 0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.125 = 12.5%.

The Earth has a core of Nickel and Iron, presumably denser than the core of Mars.

And fancy that, doing some actual calculations to verify someone else's statement!

Axiom142

NonScio

Patron Meritorious

Whoops, I left out the "4/3"...but it still comes out correct (12.5%)

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
If I'm not mistaken it was the collision that created the moon that created the heat that still exists in the core of the Earth. I've also heard some speculation that uranium decay may be creating some of the heat as well.

Around half of the heat in the Earth’s core is due to radioactive decay. The other half is ‘left over’ from its formation (bang lots of lumps of rock together, and it generates a lot of heat).

http://www.livescience.com/15084-radioactive-decay-increases-earths-heat.html

Of course, there are some (David Icke and his ilk) that believe that the Earth is hollow and contains a miniature star and it is that that heats our planet from within. No evidence and it doesn’t fit the science, but they ‘know’ it is true. :screwy:

It is this that drives tectonic plate movement and keeps the outer core molten which in turn creates the planetary magnetic field, which keeps us (relatively) safe from solar particles and stops our atmosphere being blown into space.

Having a planet that supports life is a lot more complicated than you might think…

Axiom142

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Around half of the heat in the Earth’s core is due to radioactive decay. The other half is ‘left over’ from its formation (bang lots of lumps of rock together, and it generates a lot of heat).

Of course, there are some (David Icke and his ilk) that believe that the Earth is hollow and contains a miniature star and it is that that heats our planet from within. No evidence and it doesn’t fit the science, but they ‘know’ it is true. :screwy:

It is this that drives tectonic plate movement and keeps the outer core molten which in turn creates the planetary magnetic field, which keeps us (relatively) safe from solar particles and stops our atmosphere being blown into space.

Having a planet that supports life is a lot more complicated than you might think…

Axiom142

Actually I'm pretty well aware of many of the things that happened to make Earth so unique. It's incredible.

Jump

Operating teatime

Axiom142

Or, using the anthropomorphic principle, a planet that supports this kind of life must be exactly like this kind of planet.

looker

Patron Meritorious
Hmm I knew people who knew Quinton and Mary Sue Suzette and Hizself, all held in socially high regard along with Captain Bill Roberts until all the space opera went bullshit.

Ask a wino in an ally do you believe in space ships? Oh yeah I I have one in my garage. Where is that? Area 61 thats secret next to area 51.

I say bullshit show me Space ship show me an OT show me a CLEAR Show me XENU Show me a BT Show me a unicorn.

NObody can prove it!!! It is bullshit. C'mon somebody prove it.

In REAL Life things don't happen that way.

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

So, let me be sure that I am getting this right. . .

The manically depressed child of a cult tyrant went to give a "briefing" to some of the cult members that had been duped & defrauded by his sociopathic father.

The suicidal kid then "r-factored" the enthralled cult members about delusional ancient civilizations and wars on Mars.

And the people listening didn't stand up and walk out ...why again??

Fuck. I was THERE . I was enthralled ! I joined the big Hip-Hip-WhofuckingRay at the end.

Man, those were EXCITING times ! WTF were you ?

( Now getting tongue off cheek )

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Ho Ho Ho

Somebody's going to end up having the last laugh on this one. And I'll bet a few dollars that it won't be the usual yappers on this board.

The only unanswered question is the date . . . when exactly did this happen?

I'm ya yapper, Leon.

Can we get a date locate on when Mars was polulated ?

C/mon, Leon, for once in your life step up & step * DO something to back up what say.

Do the date locate - or your shuck & jive as usual ?

Ho Ho Ho . . . . . . . right back atcha bud.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Hmm I knew people who knew Quinton and Mary Sue Suzette and Hizself, all held in socially high regard along with Captain Bill Roberts until all the space opera went bullshit.

Ask a wino in an ally do you believe in space ships? Oh yeah I I have one in my garage. Where is that? Area 61 thats secret next to area 51.

I say bullshit show me Space ship show me an OT show me a CLEAR Show me XENU Show me a BT Show me a unicorn.

NObody can prove it!!! It is bullshit. C'mon somebody prove it.

In REAL Life things don't happen that way.

Sir, in all due respect : Scientology isn't real.

Not to say it the wrong way, but, that sort of balls up the works for those who think there is something real in scientology.

Jump

Operating teatime
Sir, in all due respect : Scientology isn't real.

Not to say it the wrong way, but, that sort of balls up the works for those who think there is something real in scientology.

It does so work and is real. Eliminate all the dev-t and dub-in and you're left with a bunch of people flowing (giving) power ( time and money) to power (miscavige) in accordance with command intention (it's what Hubbard said to do ) on the 8th dynamic ( yes , it really is just about the money ).

In short : Sci = $$ --> David Miscavige

Gib

Crusader
It does so work and is real. Eliminate all the dev-t and dub-in and you're left with a bunch of people flowing (giving) power ( time and money) to power (miscavige) in accordance with command intention (it's what Hubbard said to do ) on the 8th dynamic ( yes , it really is just about the money ).

In short : Sci = $$ --> David Miscavige

oh, Gizmo is on the same page as you:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-reactive-mind&p=939864&viewfull=1#post939864

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj_OmtqVLxY