What's new

Documenting a story I head from Quentin Hubbard

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
In November, 1975 a bunch of us (Church of Scientology of San Diego staff members) traveled up to Los Angeles to listen to Quentin Hubbard speak at the Manor (he passed away one year after this event). I sat at his feet and took a picture of him as he was talking. Even though it has been forty years since I attended that event I still recall some of his talk. Part of his talk consisted of space opera stuff. But what remains in my mind, yet today, Quentin told us that there had been life on Mars and that a major war had blasted the atmosphere and all those who resided there away. I really don't think that it was Quentin that made up the story of the war on Mars, I think more likely it was something his father told him and he passed it on to us during his talk.

Quentin01.jpg

In September, 2015, CNN published a story that stated "Eons ago, ancient Mars had “an extensive atmosphere,” along with “an ocean two-thirds the size of the northern hemisphere and a mile deep,” said Jim Green, director of planetary science at NASA said during a press conference on Monday. After an unknown catastrophe, “Mars suffered a major climate change and lost its surface water,” Green explained.

The story is here - http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/09/28/nasa-water-means-life-on-mars-is-possible

I am not trying to boost LRH's image (I know for a fact he was a teller of tall tales), what I am doing today is documenting something I personally heard from Quentin Hubbard's talk in 1975. Who knows, maybe in the next forty years proof will exist to prove LRH's Mars war story, and then again maybe not.

Howard Dickman
Chandler, Oklahoma

Anonycat

Crusader
In November, 1975 a bunch of us (Church of Scientology of San Diego staff members) traveled up to Los Angeles to listen to Quentin Hubbard speak at the Manor (he passed away one year after this event). I sat at his feet and took a picture of him as he was talking. Even though it has been forty years since I attended that event I still recall some of his talk. Part of his talk consisted of space opera stuff. But what remains in my mind, yet today, Quentin told us that there had been life on Mars and that a major war had blasted the atmosphere and all those who resided there away. I really don't think that it was Quentin that made up the story of the war on Mars, I think more likely it was something his father told him and he passed it on to us during his talk.

View attachment 11524

In September, 2015, CNN published a story that stated "Eons ago, ancient Mars had “an extensive atmosphere,” along with “an ocean two-thirds the size of the northern hemisphere and a mile deep,” said Jim Green, director of planetary science at NASA said during a press conference on Monday. After an unknown catastrophe, “Mars suffered a major climate change and lost its surface water,” Green explained.

The story is here - http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/09/28/nasa-water-means-life-on-mars-is-possible

I am not trying to boost LRH's image (I know for a fact he was a teller of tall tales), what I am doing today is documenting something I personally heard from Quentin Hubbard's talk in 1975. Who knows, maybe in the next forty years proof will exist to prove LRH's Mars war story, and then again maybe not.

Howard Dickman
Chandler, Oklahoma

Total bullshit. If you read the page linked, that they are working from (NASA), you'll see that their claim is they believe that there is water there. No more.

http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-confirms-evidence-that-liquid-water-flows-on-today-s-mars

View attachment 11524

Howard Dickman
Chandler, Oklahoma

Who knows, maybe in the next forty years you will stop the bullshit and get some sense.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

So, let me be sure that I am getting this right. . .

The manically depressed child of a cult tyrant went to give a "briefing" to some of the cult members that had been duped & defrauded by his sociopathic father.

The suicidal kid then "r-factored" the enthralled cult members about delusional ancient civilizations and wars on Mars.

And the people listening didn't stand up and walk out ...why again??

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I set up a briefing on this from a trusted source to settle this matter once and for all.

Please stand by for webcast to begin momentarily:

mars.jpg

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Ya that and other such ilk can be found in LRH lectures. Fer instance...

"Male voice: "Stations on the Moon that my preclear mentions occasionally."

[LRH] "Oh, your preclears mention that occasionally? Well, there's stations on the Moon, all right - but on the other side of the Moon. There's also a colony back there on the other side of the Moon. You'll occasionally find a girl who has a MEST body up there on the other side of the Moon. That Moon - other side of the Moon is Space Station 33." (28 June 1952, Technique 88: Questions and Answers, transcript only, Technique 88 lecture series) :p

Anonycat

Crusader
Ya that and other such ilk can be found in LRH lectures. Fer instance...

"Male voice: "Stations on the Moon that my preclear mentions occasionally."

[LRH] "Oh, your preclears mention that occasionally? Well, there's stations on the Moon, all right - but on the other side of the Moon. There's also a colony back there on the other side of the Moon. You'll occasionally find a girl who has a MEST body up there on the other side of the Moon. That Moon - other side of the Moon is Space Station 33." (28 June 1952, Technique 88: Questions and Answers, transcript only, Technique 88 lecture series) :p

A colony of spirits and one girl with a body. She's probably just trying to get attention from the colony of spirits. Probably wearing a halter top and hotpants, the little tramp.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Yes, a colony on the other side of the moon
Its inhabitants are called moonies :yes: but are not discovered yet

17250.tutoriel-photoshop-comment-creer-un-bebe-martien.ts_1335291586..jpg

Leland

Crusader
Well....the Apollo missions circled the Moon quite a few times....

Plus, I believe the Chinese are involved in mapping the dark side of the Moon at this time also....

Haven't heard anything about a Moon Base yet....?? :eyeroll:

Many people use to believe the Moon was made out of Green Cheese....at one time also...?

Last edited:

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Ho Ho Ho

Somebody's going to end up having the last laugh on this one. And I'll bet a few dollars that it won't be the usual yappers on this board.

The only unanswered question is the date . . . when exactly did this happen?

Anonycat

Crusader
Ho Ho Ho

Somebody's going to end up having the last laugh on this one. And I'll bet a few dollars that it won't be the usual yappers on this board.

Meds. Take them.

Anonycat

Crusader
Ho Ho Ho

Four quardillllllion yeahers ago! Get back to me. You owe me a few dollars.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

View attachment 11524

Howard Dickman
Chandler, Oklahoma

The idea of life on Mars is not a unique thought. It is reasonable to assume that rocky planets, within a certain zone from the sun, could harbour life.
It is not completely out of the realms of possibility to wonder if an advanced life form could have evolved and gone extinct within 4 billion years, on a rocky planet.
QH was simply stating what a number of people have thought over the years. Crediting him with some kind of unique prophetic statement by linking it with water found on Mars is stretching it.

Scientists have discovered evidence of water ice in polar craters on Mercury. A slightly more unexpected discovery. If he had talked about that 40 years ago, it may give me a short pause for thought.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

View attachment 11524

Howard Dickman
Chandler, Oklahoma

It's always a race against time for each civilization in the planetary cycles to figure out what happened to the civilization of the next planet over (with an orbit further from the sun) before they themselves fall to the same fate. Sadly no civilization has yet to discover their predecessor's fate before some idiot scientologists come along and cause World War III with their mind maddening tech.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
This story was a big part of our paradigm when I was on staff on the 70's.
We were pushing forward on the agreement that when technology exceeds ethics on a planet, they blow themselves up.
(That's why we couldn't have nice things, lived on rice and beans, had five hours sleep in three days and had to pee fast.)

And for all I know, there is some truth to it.

But it has nothing to do with $cientology and their twisted definition of ethics.

We haven't really witnessed any civilization going type ll. (Kardeshev scale, not $cn. mumbo jumbo.)

Poor Quentin:(

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
This story was a big part of our paradigm when I was on staff on the 70's.
We were pushing forward on the agreement that when technology exceeds ethics on a planet, they blow themselves up.
(That's why we couldn't have nice things, lived on rice and beans, had five hours sleep in three days and had to pee fast.)

And for all I know, there is some truth to it.

But it has nothing to do with $cientology and their twisted definition of ethics.

We haven't really witnessed any civilization going type ll. (Kardeshev scale, not $cn. mumbo jumbo.)

Poor Quentin:(

Maybe there is some truth in it. It's part of the recipe.

The recipe for Scientology:

Pour 5 cups of bullshit into a large bowl.

Add 5 cups of sugar (to counter the taste of the bullshit).

Mix throughly.

Sprinkle one teaspoon of truth on top of this so that this is what people taste first.

Repeat. (make many layers utilizing this exact process as above)

Put into fridge so it's ready when potential victims stop over.

It follows logically that it could be dangerous to place certain weapons into the hands of certain individuals or countries if they're not ethical.

It is not a deep truth which required a nuclear physicist to figure out. :coolwink:

But Hubbard did have a way at sharing things that made it seem as if he was sharing one of the great secrets of the universe when in fact it was nothing special.

Or even worse, it was pure bullshit. :omg: