What's new

Does anybody has the scoop on...

pnut

Patron
The new ideal org at Jaffa?
It was in the planning for a while, then last I heard the building got burned, but that was last October.
Does anybody know if the Jaffa org is to operate anytime soon?

A

Annonny

The new ideal org at Jaffa?
It was in the planning for a while, then last I heard the building got burned, but that was last October.
Does anybody know if the Jaffa org is to operate anytime soon?

No idea. Interestingly enough, the police still haven't found what caused the fire. I bet it was the first time that the CoS had to deal with somebody more rogue than they are. And there are plenty of options to chose from in Jaffa: angry catholics, angry Muslims, angry ultra-orthodox Jews, crime families, junkies and so on. Jaffa is ain't the Rothchild boulevard where they used to be beforehand.

A

Annonny

I guess nobody has the scoop.
You should ask on WWP. Maybe one of their anons knows something. I don't see anything in Hebrew, apart from a petition to stop the opening of the org in Jaffa. It only has 340 signatures.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
No idea. Interestingly enough, the police still haven't found what caused the fire.

Sarah, you probably already know this, but now, the police DO know what caused the fire. :yes:

Their own attorney arranged for the fire and more recently attempted to have the scientology center blown up. :omg:

No evidence (yet) that scientologists were aware of and/or ordered this to be done. :no: But they certainly stood to benefit had it been carried out according to plan. The intention was to make it look like the work of Orthodox Jews, who are opposed to Scientology being there.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4069940,00.html

"Police surveillance discovered that the man who ordered the "hit" on the Scientology center was none other than the Scientologists' very own legal representative in Israel and worldwide, Attorney Gur Finkelstein, who stood to benefited from the future reconstruction work, due to a close connection with the building contractors."

A

Annonny

Sarah, you probably already know this, but now, the police DO know what caused the fire. :yes:

Their own attorney arranged for the fire and more recently attempted to have the scientology center blown up. :omg:

No evidence (yet) that scientologists were aware of and/or ordered this to be done. :no: But they certainly stood to benefit had it been carried out according to plan. The intention was to make it look like the work of Orthodox Jews, who are opposed to Scientology being there.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4069940,00.html

"Police surveillance discovered that the man who ordered the "hit" on the Scientology center was none other than the Scientologists' very own legal representative in Israel and worldwide, Attorney Gur Finkelstein, who stood to benefited from the future reconstruction work, due to a close connection with the building contractors."

Thanks, yeah. It's been big news in Israel yesterday. Not only did they set up the fire themselves, they even tried to bomb the building with a car bomb in February this year. What a bunch of nutters.
Tony Ortega already wrote a sarcastic piece about it:
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/05/scientology_in_1.php

A

Annonny

No idea. Interestingly enough, the police still haven't found what caused the fire. I bet it was the first time that the CoS had to deal with somebody more rogue than they are. And there are plenty of options to chose from in Jaffa: angry catholics, angry Muslims, angry ultra-orthodox Jews, crime families, junkies and so on. Jaffa is ain't the Rothchild boulevard where they used to be beforehand.

hahahaha
I was so young and naive when I posted the above quoted message. but when the CoS tried to bomb the building for the second time, they did dress up as ultra -orthodox Jews. LOL

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
Picard_Facepalm.jpg

A

Annonny

Well, I guess now we know that the Jaffa Org won't be opening up anytime soon, that's the scoop. There are still demolition orders against the illegal construction.
Looking forward to CoS officials being questioned by the police. It will be even more fun seeing them leaving the police building where the journalists will be waiting. Fun!